REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Reminder: New excessive speeding law starts Sept 20

If this is a repost, well,
I didn't see anything posted today on it, and it is in today's paper.

http://www.vancouversun.com/drivers+...713/story.html

Quote:
Anyone travelling 40 kilometres or more over the speed limit if caught will now face new impoundment rules that come into effect Sept. 20.

A charge of excessive speeding will trigger a mandatory seven-day impoundment for a first offence, a 30-day impoundment for a second offence, and 60 days for all subsequent speeding offences within two years.

The new impoundment rules are in addition to existing penalties which include a fine of $368 to $483, depending on how excessive the speed, three penalty points on a driver's license and an ICBC driver-risk premium of $320 per year for three years, over and above Auto plan insurance premiums.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
And you can add on the impoundment fee, which can be very expensive depending how long you are impounded for.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,320 Times in 578 Posts
Another retarded rule created. Look at the ban cell driving, I still see fucking people driving and talking on their cell phones.

Not like this will stop anyone from changing their driving habits.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
this shit is so fucked!

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
It's simply more incentive not to stop. I'll say it again, fuck the law makers in this country, pure ignorance! My ZX10 is capable of being impounded on any highway in BC in 1st gear.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxo View Post
Another retarded rule created. Look at the ban cell driving, I still see fucking people driving and talking on their cell phones.

Not like this will stop anyone from changing their driving habits.
Did you read the article? Either 1000 or 10,000 people will learn the lesson really quickly when they lose their car for a week and are faced with > $1500 of fines/fees.

The cell phone law is working, I have RCMP friends that are enforcing it. Watch out for unmarked minivans.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
It's simply more incentive not to stop. I'll say it again, fuck the law makers in this country, pure ignorance! My ZX10 is capable of being impounded on any highway in BC in 1st gear.
Go back to BCStupidBikes. Did you know all the officer has to do is get your plate? You are legally required to identify the driver of your vehicle or face jail time. So they can just take your plate and meet you at home later.

The only ignorance is you. Take it to the track if you want to get the most out of your ZX10.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Go back to BCStupidBikes. Did you know all the officer has to do is get your plate? You are legally required to identify the driver of your vehicle or face jail time. So they can just take your plate and meet you at home later.

The only ignorance is you. Take it to the track if you want to get the most out of your ZX10.
I recognize your username as the douchebag that posted so much useless garbage on that site that you got banned. Keep up the good work! Your opinion matters!

140-150 in a modern car on a highway is nothing and is easily done safely, on a bike it's a sneeze. This is yet another babysitting law that's coddling the lowest common denominators on our roads.

And I do take it to the track, thanks!

Last edited by JD像; 09-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
yea buddy told me about this, not even worth speeding in the first place

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

here's a simple solution

if you want to speed and get ticketed + fined + points + impounded then sure, go ahead.

if you don't, then just don't speed!

so simple! what's there to be furious about?

people will just sit there and bitch bitch bitch all day long.

would you rather have this "stupid" law OR have the government

a) put 110km/h governor on all the vehicles on the road (since the max speed limit is 100 anyways)

b) install GPS monitoring devices on all the vehicles so they can track how fast they are traveling at any time?

just don't speed. WOW is that so hard not to follow? what are you? 16? super excited to drive for the first time and need to impress your friends? -__-

/end rant
jstn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

so do they impound your car on the spot? as in, you are only accused of excessive speeding, but not charged yet, but they still impound your car anyway?
Bath Tussue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath Tussue View Post
so do they impound your car on the spot? as in, you are only accused of excessive speeding, but not charged yet, but they still impound your car anyway?
Technically if you blow over 0.05 on the breatheralyzer you are accused of being DUI and have your car impounded. If the officer suspects you are street racing, they can impound your car. I would expect the same thing for this.

That being said, I can see this doing little to no change in the way people drive. Do you know how many people drive with no or a suspended liscence?
OR no insurance?

Just another cash cow just like the cell phone ban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
JSS
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i personally think this is retarded... but like most laws were just gonna have to learn to live with it.

HOWEVER... if they're gonna keep stiffening speeding laws, how about re-assessing our speed limits in the first place. it should be a give and take relationship between government and the public, but it just seems like all the government wants to do is keep taking.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

How about make driving tests harder and mandatory government performance driving lessons. Then we can raise the speed limit up and make our own Canadian Autobahn yayy. But that wont happen of course haha
Gee.Tee.Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS View Post
i personally think this is retarded... but like most laws were just gonna have to learn to live with it.

HOWEVER... if they're gonna keep stiffening speeding laws, how about re-assessing our speed limits in the first place. it should be a give and take relationship between government and the public, but it just seems like all the government wants to do is keep taking.
agreed, these speed limits were created when teh 70's oil embargo hit, for fuel economy purposes (nothing to do with safety)

the modern car is economical at higher speeds than it ever was (not saying its not less economical at 120 than at 90, but the difference isn't what it was in teh 70s), and they're an AWFUL lot safer than they were

40 over with tehse stupidly low limits is NOT hard to do - coming from a brit (80mph on the motorway is accepted, law is 70), who has lived in the US (again 70mph on most motorways), i'm SICK of this kind of law making

LETS TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO DRIVE rather than ticketing those who drive at speeds that any other normal country would see as slow (120kmph is NOT fast or dangerous on many multiple lane A road equvalents (2 lane motorways) which are often 80kmph limits)

i seriously hate this government
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
This is yet another babysitting law that's coddling the lowest common denominators on our roads.
Unfortunately, a lot of social "rules" take away from people using/requiring/practicing good, basic common sense. It really fucks up natural selection.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

so beginning sept 20, the 120 i normally go on the highway is considered excessive speeding, so i guess i might as well go like 160, and make it worth it.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
dont forget that cassiar to 208 is a construction zone, so all fines double. enjoy your ticket lol.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #19
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of social "rules" take away from people using/requiring/practicing good, basic common sense. It really fucks up natural selection.
Common sense is no longer common, if it was we wouldn't need ridiculous negative-incentive laws like these.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #20
Banned (BBM)

great another gay homo ass law

fuck the law, laws are meant to be broken

paying $300-400 is no problem, but getting impounded for 7 days is seriously fucking ridiculous

they really need to revaluate the speed limite in this city, because its fucked.

every car nowadays are 300hp+, bigger brakes, summer tires seems to be standard. Cars no longer stop 200 feet, but 120 feet.

50km in city and 80km is seriously a joke
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

LOL at some of the comments in this thread.

Bigger brakes, better cars? It seems like I post this example every single time these speed limit discussions come up and people still can't grasp grade 10 physics.

How about braking distances, as an example?

The following vehicles will all stop shorter from 60mph to 0 than a Porsche 911 or Ferrari 430 can from 80mph to 0.

- Any minivan made today.
- Any cheap passenger car made today.
- Most pickup trucks and full size vans.

Yet I still see people making comments like "my sports car has the ability to handle speeds well above normal cars" or "modern cars are so much safer than when the rules were made". Sorry, you are wrong.

If you ask any driver of a Porsche or Ferrari they will all say that they can easily drive a mere 20mph (80 vs 60) over the limit and still maintain better control and a wider safety margin over "mere mortal cars". Many believe they can drive 30-40mph faster than a normal car.

I don't see why people complain about 40km/h being labelled as excessive. Does anyone think it's actually OK to run 90km/h in a 50km/h zone? Or 70 in a 30? If you drive like that you're a fucking idiot and deserve to be impounded.
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
dL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

IMO, 40 over a 50 zone is dangerous when there are pedestrians around, but 40 over highway speed (especially the new gay 80 limit on #1 highway) is just retarded, especially when the road is clear at night. Sounds like many people's cars are gonna get impounded on #1 highway at night lol...

dL
Old 09-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,717 Times in 1,730 Posts
Oh the "get tough" hilariousness these days.

Well I guess the government's gotta look like they're doing something these days...
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 09-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #24
I am grateful grapefruit

this thread is pretty funny. I don't understand why people are in such a hurry to get places. a 30km stretch on the highway driven at 120km/h will get you there in 15 minutes. the same stretch driven at 90km/h (10 over the speed limit on Highway 1) will get you there in 20 minutes. Is it really that bad that you need to get to where you are going 5 minutes quicker...?

It's funny how so many people just say, screw the law, I'm just going to do it, then complain that these laws are there to make money. I'll be the first one to admit that I don't go the speed limit, On a highway, I'll usually do 15km/h or so over the limit, or the flow of traffic, depending on the conditions. But I think it's stupid to still chance it and excessively speed. But if you want to do it, go ahead - "push your car to the limit that manufacturers designed", because you have the big brakes and horsepower... have fun getting impounded as well!
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
Banned (BBM)

so in a way you dont support excessive speed *neither do i

but u do agree the speed limite thats set right now is simply retarded. Hence why i can pretty much GURANTEE you no one follows the lame ass speed limite, why? becuz its gay and ridiculous

Everyone go with the FLOW of the traffic. Which is 10-20km more than speed limite, that pretty much just sumed it up how the limite is.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote