REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 06-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #2676
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
i don't get it,do they make a little bit of cash on ads from people visiting that site?.

Besides people being retards they are,believing it lol.
Typically they want people to fill out a survey 'so they can be contacted when they win'.

All that personal info is then collected and SOLD OFF to other third parties who use the info to telemarket / spam / scam the hell out of these people.
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #2677
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
When you get a sliver so deep, you have to cut into your flesh to get it out
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:13 PM   #2678
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
^ silver from what?....

i had an insane cousin who got tired of girls at schools being disgusted by a huge wart corn on his finger so one day he got a nail clipper and put it over the fucking thing...
Old 06-26-2018, 08:48 PM   #2679

Quote:
^ silver from what?....

i had an insane cousin who got tired of girls at schools being disgusted by a huge wart corn on his finger so one day he got a nail clipper and put it over the fucking thing...
Wood from a crate.

Broke off beneath the skin and like 1/4" in, so there was no way to get it with tweezers (I tried). Long one, too.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #2680
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,918 Times in 3,876 Posts
Why is it that every time someone who doesn't have insurance has a house fire/flood/theft/whatever there's always a GoFundMe set up immediately? Stop being a fucking leech and pay for your own coverage, don't just beg for help when something you chose to do backfires. You've got to be a special kind of arrogant to expect other people to pay for that.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #2681

^^^ cause no matter what,people will pay up for a sad story.

fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #2682
GS8

Anyone else find these 'car blog channels' annoying? I like established auto channels like Motorweek and Motor Trend but I never realized how many of these offshoot channels there are. I gave them a chance but all I see is a person with some behavioural disorder, talking spastic dialogue to me about how they 'bought the cheapest Ferrari' and here's '27 things you need to know' about it. Top it off with clickbait titles and misinformation in their talking points and it got old for me real quick. Seems like the bulk of their audience are teens / early 20s types so it all makes sense in that regard. MTV meets car salesman.

I'm not painting them all with the same brush, just most of them. I do watch Scotty Kilmer from time to time as well as SaabKyle's.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #2683

^ you mean all the crap on YouTube? The vast majority of what's on there is garbage anyways, so most automotive "blogs" are gonna be the same.

Quote:
^^^ cause no matter what,people will pay up for a sad story.

fool and his money are soon parted.
I believe in this instance it ended up being a drug lab that toasted the place to boot.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 07-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #2684
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I'm not painting them all with the same brush, just most of them. I do watch Scotty Kilmer from time to time as well as SaabKyle's.
I know what you mean.

As for Scotty Kilmer, eh, I watch it for both entertainment value and educational value. I take some of the stuff he says with a grain of salt.

Screw driving a Toyota family car, man. I don't care how reliable they are, if I fall asleep at the wheel because they are so boring, I will crash it and that's not reliable, LOL.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #2685
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Travel Vloggers annoy the fuck out of me. I'm out hiking or on the seawall and some idiot douchebag in a wifebeater and trucker hat with a selfie stick is yelling into his phone in that fake ass phony vlogger voice: WE'RE COMING TO YOU FROM VAAANCOOOVER BEE CEE!!!

Fuck that shit.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #2686
GS8

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ you mean all the crap on YouTube? The vast majority of what's on there is garbage anyways, so most automotive "blogs" are gonna be the same.
I use youtube mostly for old show reruns and to discover new music / artists. It's actually very good for the latter. Just takes some digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Travel Vloggers annoy the fuck out of me. I'm out hiking or on the seawall and some idiot douchebag in a wifebeater and trucker hat with a selfie stick is yelling into his phone in that fake ass phony vlogger voice: WE'RE COMING TO YOU FROM VAAANCOOOVER BEE CEE!!!

Fuck that shit.
Should tell them to explore a Thai cave during monsoon season.

I never even gave travel or food vloggers a minute of my life. They just seem like trustafarians who's idea of entrepreneurship is traveling to random places and eating random food while typing grammatical failures all on their parents' dime.

Oh and adding 27 emojis because why type words at all?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #2687

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post

Fuck that shit.
I don't find it a nuisance when people talk to themselves or does their own thing. Pisses me off when I'm riding the bike around seawall/false creek, always some chinese mainlander fucktard walking on the bike lane side. One time, had to stop and tell them your walking on the wrong side and stared them down.

There's visibly pictures of a bicycle and pedestrian that indiciate which side is which...I guess can't really put common sense into these people...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I don't find it a nuisance when people talk to themselves or does their own thing. Pisses me off when I'm riding the bike around seawall/false creek, always some chinese mainlander fucktard walking on the bike lane side. One time, had to stop and tell them your walking on the wrong side and stared them down.

There's visibly pictures of a bicycle and pedestrian that indiciate which side is which...I guess can't really put common sense into these people...
That reminds me, my roommate told me that he was walking inside a UVic building once and needed to get to a class. A bunch of Chinese people was blocking his way and they wouldn't budge no matter what. He tried to politely ask but to no avail. He ended up just shoving past them.

As a Chinese guy myself... I feel my roommate's pain and if I was there, I would tell them the 5 rules of the road:

1. Get
2. Out
3. Of
4. My
5. Way
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2018, 07:28 AM   #2689
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Drivers on the highway.

I've only lived in Langley for a month and been commuting to Burnaby for work and my god have I never see as many crappy drivers as I thought there could be.

Every morning it's the same thing. Cars jumping from lane to lane to get ahead of 1 car while cutting them off. Did that really accomplish much? They jump lane from lane and end up trapped in a slow lane only to get passed by everyone the just passed.

I drive in the left lane keeping a distance to the car in front of me that's safe enough for the slow speed we're going, maybe the distance of 2-3 cars. People don't bother shoulder checking or using their signals while they cut you off making you hit the brakes.

After work I see the same thing almost daily during rush hour. Guys who think they're wannabe bad ass hells angels on their Harley riding up the shoulder as if they're entitled. If they're gonna do that I kinda want to see one of them skid out on all the loose rocks that make their way to that lane.

To the guy who was lane jumping who I ended up passing while in the right lane about 4 times and then decided to cut me off when there wasn't even enough space for him to fit I'm glad you missed your exit. I looked over as I took that same exit to see you having what looked like some yelling and frustration going on, you deserved it.

I kinda wish I was a cop and could just pull over all the idiots who get away with all the crap they do.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #2690

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i fucking hate it when your out of battaries on your phone and u ask someone for a bank to use and they lend it to u (at first), then becomes super anal about it in less then 5mins

they would ask it back cuz they need to charge their phone which is on 78% battary life, then you u have those mother fuckers that ask u for a bank to charge their phone which is on 78% battary life

drives me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:14 PM   #2691

I had a (singular) 7-hour meeting today at work ... uncatered ... with only a 15-minute break in the middle of it. Gears feeling pretty ground up after that.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #2692
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

People who dont stop at 4 way stops. Almost got hit and just barely missed the curb at the new 4 way on 96th and 202 in Langley. Had to swerve when a lowered black honda element who he and the car in front of him ignored their stop sign when turning right going on 202. Thanks fam i know youre here.
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #2693
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
one thing that bugs me is when an emergency vehicle comes through and people try to use it to skip ahead in traffic. we'll all be pulled over and the ambulance will go through, and then the guy at the back of the line just floors it to try to skip 10 cars... emergency vehicles should not be an opportunity to get ahead of traffic. especially when you're supposed to keep your distance behind it.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:34 PM   #2694
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i fucking hate it when your out of battaries on your phone and u ask someone for a bank to use and they lend it to u (at first), then becomes super anal about it in less then 5mins

they would ask it back cuz they need to charge their phone which is on 78% battary life, then you u have those mother fuckers that ask u for a bank to charge their phone which is on 78% battary life

drives me nuts
This is not a real problem...
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #2695

non-stop talking about useless shit,Motor mouths grind my Gears by far.

especially early in the morning,i just came out of a peaceful state to hear an annoying voice go on forever .
so fuck morning people too.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #2696

Another year w/ a completely clean driving record, a 9% increase in premiums
Old 09-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #2697

Literally, ground my second gear another time yesterday.

Happened thrice this year already. Can't remember myself doing anything wrong, and the only other time I ground a gear was in 6th once and I remember not pressing in the clutch all the way. Doh.

Is my gearbox slowly becoming the new Civic Type R box? Just changed the fluid last year as well. Guess all the 9k RPM redline isn't great for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Another year w/ a completely clean driving record, a 9% increase in premiums
Well, they have to make up that 1 billion dollar loss from somewhere...
Old 09-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #2698

Working a double today and again tomorrow. Programming is going to suck shit tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #2699
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

when people insist on pushing their opinions on you
i didnt get a new car for your approval, i got it for my own enjoyment thank you
ppck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #2700

Having to effectively spend money because other people can't do math. I'm perfectly happy paying for my own extended medical costs, so don't make me spend more money by having payment go through our company for benefits that I don't want or need.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: