REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 09-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #2701
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Past 3 weeks where I sold something in person and the person messages me afterwards complaining about the product.

First guy buys my obd2 (sealed completely new) and he goes I don't have time to check it on the spot, but should be good. Complains to me how it's not working later on, but I told him he could inspect on the spot and test and he didn't.

Second one spends a good few minutes inspecting before giving me the cash for a watch, later on when I get home complains how my pics on the ad different than actual.

It just amazes me how lack of simple common sense some people have. You give them all the opportunity to test/inspect before buying and they still complain afterwards...
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #2702
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
You know when you're driving down a narrow road, and another driver is coming from the opposite side. Then, you pull over for 5 to 10 seconds to let him through. But when he is about to pass you, he pulls over and signals you to go through.

Like wtf? Just go through already.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #2703
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
People that don't understand how the hell an inductive loop traffic light works. You watch everyone elses light in the intersection change three times and wonder why yours isn't changing as you sit 10 feet behind where you're supposed to pull up to? Fuck me.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #2704
GS8

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
We've entered that time of year where retard pedestrians wear all black and jaywalk where they please.

And where drivers with one headlight turn on their high beams to compensate.

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #2705
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

The vaping smoke from the car in front of me drifts into my car in moving traffic when I have my windows down.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #2706

Honking at drivers that don't shoulder check and they cut you off and have the guts to behave they did nothing wrong. Those days, gotta give them a middle finger for being a dick
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2018, 12:04 AM   #2707

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Fucking dumb fucks with no lights on, on the highway, and there's heavy fog, who are travelling 60km in the left lane.

r u kidding me . Couldn't even see the car until I was pretty close. Thank god for good brakes.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #2708
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Call me a dick, but fuck, some people take way too long for left turns.

The whole intersection's freakin' clear, and yet, they somehow feel like there is a magic aura that will make the car spin out violently if they have more than 0.000000001G lateral acceleration.

FFS I can take turns faster in my old shitty Corolla.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #2709
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Really pisses me off that there's almost zero reflectors on the road lines in Vancouver. It rains at least 75% of the year anyway. It doesnt matter how freah the paint lines are, once it rains, the lines disappear. It's fucking dangerous on Kingsway.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #2710

Not sure why people drive like a dick in a company vehicle. That sure speaks great things for the company. Even better is having company phone number printed on the truck
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #2711

I have nothing against traffic considering living in a major city, it's normal. But when there are dumb fucks that think their time is more valuable than everyone else is, well fuck right off.

Driving on Kingsway heading west in rush hour traffic, this black GLK decides to signal left on a solid yellow while holding up the entire row of traffic behind. In order to execute the left change, the opposite side of traffic bumper to bumper with 3 x lanes. Nobody on the other side budged since you aren't supposed do such a maneuver unless it's safe. I honked the fuck out of this asshole and then finally got around them and rolled down my window to give them a fuck you middle finger.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #2712
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Someone posting things for sale, the title says new but the description says used/worn a few times

or

Someone posting a pair of shoes for sales, says they were worn 2 times but the outsole's completely worn out.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #2713

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I have nothing against traffic considering living in a major city, it's normal. But when there are dumb fucks that think their time is more valuable than everyone else is, well fuck right off.

Driving on Kingsway heading west in rush hour traffic, this black GLK decides to signal left on a solid yellow while holding up the entire row of traffic behind. In order to execute the left change, the opposite side of traffic bumper to bumper with 3 x lanes. Nobody on the other side budged since you aren't supposed do such a maneuver unless it's safe. I honked the fuck out of this asshole and then finally got around them and rolled down my window to give them a fuck you middle finger.
To add to this.

People who change to the left-most lane and drives the same fucking speed as the right lane, like wtf is the point? Especially when they immediately come from a merge. It's understandable if they're going to make a left turn or exit the highway, but nope, they just feel like creating a fucking gate to block everybody behind them.

These kind of drivers need their license revoked.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #2714

When someone msgs you to meet up to buy something you are selling, expectation is they show up at the agreed time. If they are late, at least show common courtesy to contact seller to let them know they will be late. I show up and the guy then tells me he's going to be xx minutes late. Okay, I leave since I'm not going to wait xx minutes to sell an item that's a couple bucks and also people have plans. Throws a temper tantrum in his messages like he's 5 years old lol. I'm not even sure why he's so pissed.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #2715
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Dual-income family (high school friend) making well into 6-figures between the two of them, go on several international vacations a year, posts crowd-funding on social media for their kid's RESP ...

Same person frequently shares right-wing propaganda RE: welfare recipients, taxes, immigrants/refugees, etc. around election times ...

Like ... are you fucking kidding me?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2019, 09:38 PM   #2716
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

meetings where people talk just for the sake of talking
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #2717
GS8

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
When RS logs you out WHEN YOU DIDN'T WANT IT TO

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2019, 07:22 AM   #2718
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
This type of parents:

Townhall is a block away so on Sundays me and the gf walk there and have their brunch + a beer while watching whatever sports is on tv. I'm okay with kids who are like 10+ who are behaved but yesterday a group of about 8 came in and 2 of them were kids who were maybe 11/2 - 3 and a baby. The parents think it's cute to let the 1 year old walk across the table back and forth while the 3ish year old runs up and down the aisle between the servers holding beers and food. Get a hold of your damn kids!!!!!!! if you're going to let them run around wild then take them to Chuck-E-Cheese. Also, when your kid needs to sit on his knees on the bar stool and lean over to the table I'm having no sympathy when the kid falls over.

I'm sorry to dick and say this but if the biggest meal they can eat is on the appetizer menu and the restaurant doesn't have a menu catered to kids that young maybe they shouldn't be there. Especially when there's sports on dozens of tv's and there's guys in their 20's 30's talking about women and swearing at the table beside them.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #2719
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishCak3s View Post
Someone posting things for sale, the title says new but the description says used/worn a few times

or

Someone posting a pair of shoes for sales, says they were worn 2 times but the outsole's completely worn out.
yeha i've seen this in the RS forum before. long story short, the item i bought, i threw it right to the garbage.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #2720

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Not sure why people drive like a dick in a company vehicle. That sure speaks great things for the company. Even better is having company phone number printed on the truck
You think most employees give a flying fuck about the company? Most ppl work for a paycheck. Period.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #2721
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
People who leave the snowhawk on top of their vehicles.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #2722
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Anyone who parks their crew cab SuperDouchey in the first row in a parking lot so that half the lane is blocked by their micropeen compensater doesn't deserve love.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #2723

Woke up this morning to some dbag knocking on my front door. I got onto the intercom and he says he fixes people's grass at people's homes and noticed my grass in bad shape, asked if he could speak about it. Then proceeds to ask if I'm home and to open the door and speak face to face since it would be more personal. Told him not interested and he left to my neighbours house and then skipped every house down the block.

Why the fuck would I open the door when I can converse through intercom? Fucking retard.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #2724

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Not putting this in VI thread to avoid clutter but this is what's grinding my gears:

- the complaining of blatantly deserving of VIs (me-too crowd). Just cause you got a VI doesn't mean you don't deserve it. Ie. Tinted front windows and removal of airbags

- when people think they know the truth/how it works. I've been on this fucking issue since October. Granted not everyone is here, but fuck. It's hard to post and have validity when it's not here. I'm not BIC_BAWS on other platforms nor do I want to state I am.

- slight grind of gears. I know we're all thankful for each other's hard work. And I know for the most, we all wanted to stay low key. I just wish there was more credit given to me and my team (Skunkworks, 325isport, e.l.brz (the one who got me connected), along with other members of RS (Traum) who have put in numerous hours into this. It's the after the fact thing. But it's not a big deal, just meh.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #2725

Two weekends in a row, dealt with inconsiderate idiots trying to sell some stuff.

First one, we agreed to meet at 7pm and I even confirmed time before hand and also accommodated that time for the buyer. I get there, tells me will be 15-20 minutes late. I said I will wait 15 minutes max extra and the buyer said I am picky with time. Pretty much saying it's fine to be late and that my time isn't important, I just left and told to fuck her self. Being late is fine, but at least give the other person heads up and also don't put blame on the person waiting saying they are picky with time.

Second one, show up and inspects the item I am selling. After 10 minutes, tells me she isn't sure about it and doesn't know if she wants to buy it. Tries to lowball me on the spot when we agreed at price already lower than my asking before we even met up. Inconsiderate idiot, if you aren't sure then just ask me to send you some pictures and videos rather than make someone come all the way to meet up to check out the item. Time wasters these days.