REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 11-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #2451
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by messupdude View Post
Left to join the military and they threw me in the middle of butt fuck nowhere. At least rent+food is cheap and gym is free.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
I hope they didn't just give you MREs to eat
Advertisement
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #2452
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneZONE View Post
LOL the mess food here isnt bad. No MREs for the air force.

messupdude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #2453
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Canadian MREs aren't even that bad. Aside from that bread. I've had the opportunity to try American MREs, those are gross. Tho now speaking of it, I miss eating soldier fuel.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #2454

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Canadian MREs aren't even that bad. Aside from that bread. I've had the opportunity to try American MREs, those are gross. Tho now speaking of it, I miss eating soldier fuel.

Aren't "Canadian MREs" called IMPs? Idk lol i never had the chance to have it. I thought cadets probably favoured the cheaper American MREs haha.

DID YOU HOARD SOLDIER FUELS BICBAWS
Old 11-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #2455
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Whatever the fuck small rodent is currently in my fucking ceiling/floor, I can hear the little sack of shit running around but none of the 5 traps I've set have caught it, I can't find out how it got in and I can't find any access to where it is. If I was single I would've gone full Rambo with the sawzall by now and just cut the drywall out until I could find the fucker.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #2456
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Aren't "Canadian MREs" called IMPs? Idk lol i never had the chance to have it. I thought cadets probably favoured the cheaper American MREs haha.

DID YOU HOARD SOLDIER FUELS BICBAWS
Yeh they're called IMP officially but people have called then MRE for a long time. You can eat them hot or cold. I think they put alot of meta mucil powder in them. Makes your poop stand up at the end of day.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #2457

Got wisdom teeth removed, can't eat real food. It's not even the pain that's getting me. There's no pain whatsoever. It's the fact that I can't eat in fear of getting food lodged in the hole.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #2458
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Got wisdom teeth removed, can't eat real food. It's not even the pain that's getting me. There's no pain whatsoever. It's the fact that I can't eat in fear of getting food lodged in the hole.

I just hate any kind of injury have an annoying aftereffect(won't stop bleeding, infection). They stop being painful after a while, they are just really, really annoying.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #2459

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Whatever the fuck small rodent is currently in my fucking ceiling/floor, I can hear the little sack of shit running around but none of the 5 traps I've set have caught it, I can't find out how it got in and I can't find any access to where it is. If I was single I would've gone full Rambo with the sawzall by now and just cut the drywall out until I could find the fucker.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE
I have some rat/mice trap set up in the backyard. So many running around in the winter months. This one dumbass one got caught in the cage and tried to escape by ramming head on to one corner of the cage and split it's head open...wtf.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #2460

I may have found how it got in today, and I found some dried poop so I know I'm closing in on it. I moved the live trap near where I think it came in (on the outside) and left a sticky trap where the poop was. I can't get access to the one area I can hear it running around in the most so I might just drill a hole in the ceiling and put a pot light in there later (the rest of the basement has pot lights so it'd match).

Quote:
I found salt water worked a lot better than regular water at flushing out anything that does get in there.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 11-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #2461

Quote:
I may have found how it got in today, and I found some dried poop so I know I'm closing in on it. I moved the live trap near where I think it came in (on the outside) and left a sticky trap where the poop was. I can't get access to the one area I can hear it running around in the most so I might just drill a hole in the ceiling and put a pot light in there later (the rest of the basement has pot lights so it'd match).
I'm no rodent master, but would a bit of bait (like peanut butter) on the sticky trap work better? Or maybe you've thought of that already lol
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #2462

I've got 4 scented sticky traps, 1 lethal trap baited with peanut butter and 1 non-lethal trap baited with peanut butter. Every day that this thing spends in my house another trap of some sort gets added lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #2463

Quote:
. I think they put alot of meta mucil powder in them. Makes your poop stand up at the end of day.

I found something worse than the bread found in MREs/IMPs. 1 packet of instant mashed potatoes from Costco. Its ridiculous how much a small package makes. Just wisdom teeth things.

You mentioned you're in the Air Force? Where you stationed?

Old 11-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #2464
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
I found something worse than the bread found in MREs/IMPs. 1 packet of instant mashed potatoes from Costco. Its ridiculous how much a small package makes. Just wisdom teeth things.

You mentioned you're in the Air Force? Where you stationed?

Uh... Is that ketchup lol or something else. Yeh I'm posted at 4 Wing Cold Lake.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #2465

Quote:
Uh... Is that ketchup lol or something else. Yeh I'm posted at 4 Wing Cold Lake.

BBQ sauce. I can't find gravy. Probably shouldn't be using BBQ sauce.

Yikes Cold Lake. I haven't been but I think ConeZONE has been. I know my buddy went to RMC and ended up at Cold Lake. He says he hates it more now than when he was a cadet before, cause he had the luxury of experiencing good food at CFB Comox and Esquimalt (Albert Head).

Old 11-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #2466

Nah, I've only ever been to CSTC Penhold (four times!!!) and Quadra (once).
Pretty sure Penhold had the country's worst mess hall meals until they closed lmao. I've had a few meals at Comox and Esquimalt, and they're pretty great.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:04 PM   #2467

Quote:
Yeh I'm posted at 4 Wing Cold Lake.
Is that on the CLAWR? I've been up there for work a few times, I got a hell of a shock the first time a couple of your guys flew low over the site, it sounded like the side of a warehouse fell over.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #2468
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Is that on the CLAWR? I've been up there for work a few times, I got a hell of a shock the first time a couple of your guys flew low over the site, it sounded like the side of a warehouse fell over.
Yeh the air range is here. Usually they do a fly pass for the CO or the baby pilots do it to piss off the servicing crew parking them.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #2469
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Dumbass cyclists who are too cheap to get lights at night. Yeah, I am sure spending $30 to get some lights is not worth it to save you from being knocked the fuck out and your bike being crushed.

Almost ran into one as I was making a left turn because I couldn't see him(even my factory HID headlights can't shine up across the intersection) and he didn't stop for the stop sign. The rain also didn't help.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #2470
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Idiot drivers who block intersections. There is a bicycle path about one block before the intersection of Nanaimo and Grandview Highway in east Van.

This driver blocks the intersection just the light changes from green to red. Then the cyclists just fly along the bike path. One guy almost rode his bike right into this idiot who is the middle of the intersection.

Read the sign there, fool! The sign says "Do Not Block Intersection".
Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #2471
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
The overuse of the word "survivor"

Listening to some people discuss the Louis CK thing and several people have referred to the 5 women involved as "survivors." At what point were these women ever at significant risk of being killed?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #2472

When my kid brother buys a bunch of hypebeast shit like Stussy, quote on quote "to flex", and doesn't bother to buy smt warm, so he steals my jackets.

And he keeps saying shit like "my guy". I think it's a replacement for dude/my man, used it this context, "cause it's cool, my guy".

It's like as he gets older, he gets more iliterate. I don't remember being this materialistic or stupid, when I was his age.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #2473

Update on my unwanted house guest, it appears the fucker died but didn't have the common courtesy to die in one of my traps. Now my basement stinks, and it's coming from the least accessible part of the house. Once this is dealt with I'm spray foaming every single gap I can find in this damn place.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #2474
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Update on my unwanted house guest, it appears the fucker died but didn't have the common courtesy to die in one of my traps. Now my basement stinks, and it's coming from the least accessible part of the house. Once this is dealt with I'm spray foaming every single gap I can find in this damn place.
Ohh shit undy thats the worst. I just won my battle last week lol we stuffed the hole with the cellulose pellets and steel wool lol. I live in an apt so i was hoping theyll die where i cant smell them and luckily for me all good so far. Maybe it was more than one? Usually one mouse wont smell up too much. Or a very big rat lol. I cry every time i have to kill one because female but still theyre gross and intruders lol.

Either way hope you find it soon! In my part of town we have owls outside i think thats why they find their ways inside
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 PM   #2475

I never heard more than one, but it could have been. Tomorrow I'll start opening stuff up and fishing the inspection camera around to see what I can find. The neighbourhood used to have a lot of outdoor cats (I recall at least 7 different ones that would come through our yard) and now there's maybe 1, so I'm finding a lot more poops in the engine bays and in parts of the yard.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: