REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 11-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #2501
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Buddy picked up my grill for me, in exchange, I help him with his RX450h oil change LOL. Just gotta find time now. The missing lip makes it look pretty beater too.. and the duct tape around the tail lights to keep water out LOL. GhettoFixes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Takes literally less than 5 Min's lol
You're already half way completed on the removal
Advertisement
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #2502
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Fuck Canada Post.

Quote:
The item is travelling to its destination. It will remain in this state until it arrives at the final processing location. Typically, the final processing scan occurs on the expected delivery date or the day before at the local delivery facility. Check this date to know when we will attempt delivery.
Left Victoria this morning, processed ... so I go to my local Canada Post since it's there and I get "what makes you think you can just pick it up here?" like I've somehow offended her by trying to pick up my package.

Uhhh ... it's there and I'm not going to be home tomorrow. So, instead of walking out with my package, I have to wait until they attempt to deliver it and give me a card to tell me where to pick it up.

Fuck, so much easier with Purolator and UPS. As soon as it's at the processing facility, I can pick it up. No need to wait for them to attempt to deliver it.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #2503
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Fuck Canada Post.

Left Victoria this morning, processed ... so I go to my local Canada Post since it's there and I get "what makes you think you can just pick it up here?" like I've somehow offended her by trying to pick up my package.

Uhhh ... it's there and I'm not going to be home tomorrow. So, instead of walking out with my package, I have to wait until they attempt to deliver it and give me a card to tell me where to pick it up.

Fuck, so much easier with Purolator and UPS. As soon as it's at the processing facility, I can pick it up. No need to wait for them to attempt to deliver it.
Try to sign up for FlexDelivery, that has saved me numerous times, as I'm rarely ever home and I don't trust the old asian grandpas/grandmas riding around on their bikes looking for stuff to steal

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #2504

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
That feeling of not being motivated to study after a long day of work...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #2505
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Did the Wendy's survey for a BOGO spicy chicken sandwich free. Went to Wendy's, asked the manager if this works with combos. She said, "yes, it works with combo, but you will have to buy another sandwich to get one free."

I instantly developed a brain tumor.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #2506
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Bird shit on my car. Two splotches of shit on my rear window.

-gotta remove the shit off my ride after work.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #2507
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Bird shit on my car. Two splotches of shit on my rear window.

-gotta remove the shit off my ride after work.
Wish I have something to shoot those fuckers down.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #2508
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Wish I have something to shoot those fuckers down.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #2509
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
Revenge pootime.
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #2510

I respect fasting for religious reasons, but my damn coworker fasts for "fun"? Okay, that's cool too, your life, can do what you like, but flipping please clean your mouth properly. Breath smells like complete shit because he's fasting and not eating for like two weeks. Literally have to stay away from him when he speaks, his mouth is unbearable lol
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #2511
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^LOL
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #2512
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
When people have far more than 12 items in the express lane... IT SAYS IN BIG FUCKING LETTERS "12 ITEMS OR LESS".

People who don't turn on their tail lights at night, pls i can't see you.

Pedestrians who bolt out at cross walk... almost watch this short asian lady get squished because she bolted out from the darkness. Drivers can't see you, worse when it is raining.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #2513
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
When people have far more than 12 items in the express lane... IT SAYS IN BIG FUCKING LETTERS "12 ITEMS OR LESS".
Funny how Whole Foods actually says "10ish items" for their express lines. I guess no one really counts.

Quote:
Pedestrians who bolt out at cross walk... almost watch this short asian lady get squished because she bolted out from the darkness. Drivers can't see you, worse when it is raining.
When I finished making a turn today, a lady had her headphones in and was looking at her phone as she jaywalked across right in front of me. She was walking really slowly, too. I honked at her(it's not like she will notice me flash my high beams) and she looked at me like "WTF".

I don't know how much more suicidal you can get.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #2514

Holy fuck, cyclists who either refuse to use cycling lanes or are too stupid to know they're available. These fuckers should be ticketed/fined for negligence, slowing down traffic, and wasting tax dollars. As both a driver and a cyclist myself this is irritating af.

Trigger warning, fuck you.

Last edited by Kamui712; 12-09-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: uploading pic
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #2515
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
^^ Cyclist was killed in Nanaimo earlier this year on the side of the highway with a paved, double-lane bike path 50 feet away that runs parallel the entire length of the highway.

Cyclist struck by cube van in Nanaimo has died

Quote:
At the time, Const. Gary O’Brien said the cyclist was not wearing a helmet, had no lights on his bike and was wearing dark, non-reflective clothing.
Cyclists were out protesting for greater safety measures, naturally.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:29 AM   #2516
I STILL don't get it

People who drink and cant handle it. Just dont fucking drink then.
Hubby got us kicked out of his company christmas party because he yakked in the sink in the mens washroom of the venue from pregaming too hard while i was on my way downtown.
I had just sat down with my plate of food and the MC came to notify me that I had to take him away immediately. It was a struggle to get him to leave - he's a big dude and I cant pull him. Not to mention, he was super angry about getting kicked out. He ended up yelling at me in the parking lot about it because he felt like he didnt do anything wrong.
Me being sober - obvi I agree with the decision to kick his ass out, he deserved it because he was an irresponsible drinker lol. I was begging him to just come home with me but he wouldnt listen. I ended up taking his wallet so he wouldnt lose it and leaving him dt. We got kicked out at 822pm. He didnt make it home til about 12am. I got home just before 10. Maybe it was harsh of me to leave him but he needed to learn a lesson. Maybe next time he'll remember i dont make empty threats.

Im also frustrated because he knows im a retired party veteran and he still wont listen to me when i say shit like slow down, eat something, drink water, etc.
I am noticing i really dont have patience for people who drink and cant handle themselves anymore.

I remember partying til i blacked out and I still would be able to take care of my friends and myself while on blind autopilot......so i maybe just dont understand *this* type of drunk/hammered. Alcohol sucks.

/end rant
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:33 AM   #2517

Das me rn. People who can't drink but go hard. He probably had regrests after hour 3. I've been on the washroom floor for about 8 hours, puking for 4.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #2518
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Das me rn. People who can't drink but go hard. He probably had regrests after hour 3. I've been on the washroom floor for about 8 hours, puking for 4.

I hope ur doing better. Carb and electrolyte load until you feel better.
I even went out last night and bought him big Gatorades and a shit load of Mcds to soak up the alcohol left in his system. He still hasnt touched a thing........and he works today @ noon......SMH.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #2519

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
I hope ur doing better. Carb and electrolyte load until you feel better.
I even went out last night and bought him big Gatorades and a shit load of Mcds to soak up the alcohol left in his system. He still hasnt touched a thing........and he works today @ noon......SMH.
That gatorade will help a lot. I remember typing that last night, and thinking I need to drink water or smt. And everytime I drank or ate anything I'd just puke it back up.

But you're such a good wifey, damn.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #2520

I can't wait for my coworker to come back from Mat leave and take back her work.

Been a tiring 10 months supervising this asshole coworker that is incompetent as fuck. In an ideal world, his ass would have been fired long time ago. My company doesn't like to fire people as they don't want to train new people from scratch and also they are sympathetic his family depends on him due to one income.

E.g. I tell him to do one thing, he does another. He's too old for this job, forgets all the time whatever I tell him. When it's deadline for his work to be done, that's the day he actually starts it. I'm thinking WTF? Who do you think you are. You are a fucking junior staff that can't work at that kind of level where you can leave shit to the last minute.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #2521
My homepage has been set to RS

just people in general driving like complete fucking morons!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #2522

Annoyed at people always telling me, "I should travel more" or do this and that.

To be honest, I haven't travel as much as I would like since that's always been something I wanted to do, see more of the world. I have financial obligations I want to commit to, such as save up more and pay off the mortgage. I don't even know where people come up with the money to blow on travel multiple trips a year....I guess these that live with mom and dad rent free or have no mortage...
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Annoyed at people always telling me, "I should travel more" or do this and that.

To be honest, I haven't travel as much as I would like since that's always been something I wanted to do, see more of the world. I have financial obligations I want to commit to, such as save up more and pay off the mortgage. I don't even know where people come up with the money to blow on travel multiple trips a year....I guess these that live with mom and dad rent free or have no mortage...
in my experience they're usually the ones who live pay cheque to pay cheque or have someone taking care of them.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
in my experience they're usually the ones who live pay cheque to pay cheque or have someone taking care of them.
Always the people I see the most that say this kinda stuff. E.g Work colleagues. Sometimes gets quite annoying. I don't need to tell you my personal life and what I do. They just think vacation time = "MUST GO SOMEWHERE TO TRAVEL". Vacation to me could mean take time off and rest, not necessarily "travel".

End of day, each to their own. Everyone has their own goals. My goal is to pay down the place, their is blow money on travel and live off someone. Fine, no need to tell people what they should do and shouldn't do. Then they'll be like, oh you need to travel more to have more stories to talk to people with about. WTF??!
Old 12-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #2525
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Life is (almost) always full of compromises and choices. I would love to have traveled more, especially to the places I won't go to now that I have obligations beyond myself, but instead I chose to be with my girlfriend (now wife), stay at a good job and buy our place. From how prices are going the amount I saved between buying when I did and now would cover a buttload of traveling when we retire. I know people who traveled and partied tons and are now in their 40's, just getting married, no kids, and a bit bitter towards their relatives that are only a bit older but now expecting grandkids. Focus on your overall goals and ignore those who are shortsighted.

To me international travel is exciting but not overly restful, given how long and tedious the process is to get there and back. As for having stories to tell, one of the best (if not the best) story I have comes from a fairly cheap ski weekend with some buddies. Yet some of my friends who have been all over the place come back and barely say a thing.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: