REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #3051
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
This girl has issues...

But out of curiosity, you're not allowed to bring drinks into the courtroom?
i got shit on by a judge for wearing a baseball cap, rather, not removing my hat.
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #3052
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykopathik View Post
i got shit on by a judge for wearing a baseball cap, rather, not removing my hat.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #3053
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Oh come on...at some point she has to realize that she should just cut her losses, own up to her mistake and just deal with the repercussions before they destroy her future entirely. If she didn't post such a douchy "apology", then public opinion might not be so far against her. Maybe if she just said "Hey, my bad. I'll take the incredibly easy house arrest sentence and count myself lucky." then maybe people will forget but seriously, even though her crime is relatively small compared to many others, we all remember her name because she's dealt with the situation so poorly.

I mean, even that douchy rich kid that tried to light the cop car on fire or that Asian kid smashing a window with a "THIS. IS. SPARTA!" look on his face...do we really remember their names? How the hell does this crazy bitch find herself in the media so often? She must either be supremely stupid or have some really stupid people giving her really stupid advice.
Where is her link saying sorry? Anyone have it?
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #3054
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

You mean the original unedited one right?
Dear Vancouver, I am sorry. | Original version, before the edit of
Posted via RS Mobile
VancouverG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #3055
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Jail time for 2 more rioters:
Two Stanley Cup rioters get jail time | News1130
Quote:
Two more Stanley Cup rioters will be going to jail

The pair were among the swarm of rioters charged with assaulting a Good Samaritan trying to keep the mob from looting the Bay.

Robert Timleck has been given seven months in jail while Nathan Blake will spend eight months behind bars.

Crown was asking for 15-18 months while defence was looking for house arrest with weekends in jail

EDIT: okay.. so that's Nathan Blake. How about Nathan Kotylak? The latest update is that he's playing water polo in California. Time to turn the screws on this weasel.

Last edited by Presto; 05-15-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #3056
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Did anyone watch global news today to on Camille Cacnio? she is just diggin herself a deep deep hole with this trial and that bf she has
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #3057
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
What happened?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #3058

Quote:
What happened?
Stanley Cup rioter accuses police officer of lying at her trial for breach of probation

Quote:
Convicted Stanley Cup rioter accused of breaching probation takes stand
VANCOUVER/CKNW (AM980)
Shane Woodford | Email news tips to shane.woodford@corusent.com
6/10/2013

A convicted Stanley Cup rioter has wrapped up her testimony by saying she was desperate for medication when she was caught out past a mandated curfew.

Camille Cacnio was stopped at a police roadcheck at 10:20 pm on January 5th.

Cacnio says she had suicidal thoughts and was having an anxiety attack that night.

Problem is, that anti-depressant medication was at a cousin's home in Burnaby.

But Cacnio told the court her cousin also wasn't answering his phone and may not even have been home that night.

She was taken to jail where Cacnio says she tried and failed to strangle herself.

She also told the court she never did retrieve the pills, even after getting out of jail.

She says her decision that night was "foolish" but she was desperate and in "survival mode".

A 10 pm curfew is part of a suspended sentence after Cacnio pleaded guilty to one count of participating in a riot.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #3059
...in the world.

If she wasn't so confrontational, this would've been over long ago and she can get back to life. Honestly, she stole some pants. She didn't cause any damage so she would've gotten a slap on the wrist and probably no criminal record. Some asshole that claimed he was too drunk avoided jailtime...so she would've as well.

The reason she's so infamous is because she's been such a douche (and stupid) about everything. If she didn't type that douchey "apology", we wouldn't even know her name. If she wasn't so damned stupid in going out after curfew, she wouldn't be in this second mess.

I have a friend that got arrested for driving while his license was suspended. I call him a fucking moron for that like...every day because it's about the dumbest thing a person can do. Or that shoplifter with the off-duty cop. It's about the stupidest thing I can think of to commit MORE crimes while you're being prosecuted for a crime already.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #3060
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
LOL SHE FAILED TO STRANGLE HERSELF!!!! Epic fail. Failing at failing
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #3061
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Sauce: Stanley Cup rioter accuses police officer of lying at her trial for breach of probation
Quote:
Stanley Cup rioter Camille Cacnio testified Monday that a Vancouver police officer lied at her trial and that she received poor medical care when she was arrested for breaching sentencing conditions.

Cacnio, 24, was given a suspended sentence in September 2012 for looting two pairs of pants during the 2011 Stanley Cup riot, and had been ordered to abide by an overnight curfew for the first year of her sentence.

Shortly after the riot Cacnio was diagnosed with conditions of depression and anxiety, court heard.

Before Cacnio took the stand Monday, her lawyer Jason Tarnow said “her life fell apart the morning after the riot.”

“In my head, I have a lot of suicidal thoughts,” Cacnio told Tarnów. “All I can think about is life and death ... a number of times I have hurt myself.”

Attempting to explain why she broke her curfew on the night of Jan. 5, 2013, Cacnio said she had a sudden anxiety attack while dining out with her boyfriend that night.

Rather than call for medical aid, Cacnio said she decided it would be best to drive to her cousin’s house in Burnaby to get medication she had left there. She had been off her medication for about a week at the time, she said.

When she was pulled over at a Vancouver police roadside check en route to Burnaby, she lied several times to an officer about her drinking at dinner that night, court heard.

She was issued a roadside test and blew .009, well below the legal limit of .08.

Cacnio said she knew she was not drunk and she was focused on accessing her medications to avert a dangerous depressive episode.

“So you thought the best way was to lie?” prosecutor Daniel Porte asked Cacnio in cross-examination.

“I think that is very accusing,” Cacnio answered. “The best decision at the time was to lie about my alcohol consumption.”

While Cacnio portrayed herself as distressed about her medical condition, Porte attempted to paint her as evasive and angry at the time of her arrest.

She was driving eastbound on Powell Street at about 10:20 p.m. on Jan. 5 when Const. Barry Selver pulled her over in the 900-block.

After Cacnio tested negative for impaired driving, Selver ran her name on a police computer and arrested her for the curfew breach.

The car she was driving was towed, because her boyfriend was not licensed to drive it away.

Previously, Selver had testified that Cacnio was swearing at her boyfriend from the back seat of Selver’s cruiser. On Monday, Cacnio claimed she was telling her boyfriend to leave his phone on, and that she loved him.

“The police officer lied completely during court ... 100 per cent,” Cacnio said Monday.

Cacnio testified that when she was placed in jail for hours following her arrest, she told a doctor that she was not considering harming herself because “there is nothing in [jail] I can harm myself with.”

She had ripped a piece off of her jail smock and “tried to tie it around my neck,” but didn’t tell the doctor, Cacnio told Porte.

Porte attempted to discredit Cacnio’s claims that she did not receive proper medical attention in jail, and that she was in grave danger at the time of the probation breach and in following days.

“I’m going to suggest ... it really wasn’t that much of an emergency,” Porte said.

“I disagree,” Cacnio responded.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #3062

The BF was acting all tough and stuff in front of the reporters/photographers (swearing at them, doing intimidating gestures).. At one point he tried to trip a photographer.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #3063
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts

She needs to stop surrounding herself with "bad people"
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #3064
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
The BF was acting all tough and stuff in front of the reporters/photographers (swearing at them, doing intimidating gestures).. At one point he tried to trip a photographer.
Source?

I hope they bury her hard for wasting so many people's time with her bullshit.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3065

It was on global local news today. maybe by tonight global or youtube will have a clip ready?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #3066
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
She needs a new scenery after all this is done.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #3067
The "You'd Know" Moderator

^ and a new name.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #3068
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^ and a new face

She is dumb as shit literally.

She still doesn't understand that she broke her curfew and is banned from consuming alcohol.

Still trying to play it off and find excuses
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #3069
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Source?

I hope they bury her hard for wasting so many people's time with her bullshit.
Saw it this evening on the 6 o'clock news on Global. Total tough guy/wannabe douchebag.

The news called him her boyfriend and "personal trainer"...
zephyrantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #3070
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarobbt View Post
^ and a new face

She is dumb as shit literally.

She still doesn't understand that she broke her curfew and is banned from consuming alcohol.

Still trying to play it off and find excuses
Totally, dumb as a sack of hammers was invented for stunned cunts like her.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #3071
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

heres the vid
Stanley Cup rioter accused of breaching her probation | Globalnews.ca
anonnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #3072
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Wow, that boyfriend tripped a photographer. He acts like a grade A douchebag. Caught on camera too... I hope they press charges. Both of them can be on probation together.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #3073
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Wtf. They better follow up with assault charges at the boyfriend.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3074
x_x

I think its hilarious they called him a body builder....
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #3075
...in the world.

Wow, and she hired a real life Lionel Hutz to represent her too. Who wears a pink shirt with a gold tie to court other than Saul Goodman?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: