REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #2976
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,917
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa View Post
oh yeahh LOL! the guy with the green hocky stick + teddy bear? I think he was under 18 during the time of the riot. my guess is that.. mmm he only needs to serve community hours?
I still remember seeing an original video of that incident being filmed live.
That green taped up hockey stick didn't really belong to anyone, but was just being passed around.
People in the crowd were taking turns smashing the Bmo windows.

Just so happen this guy decided to do the epic Super Saiyan pose afterward,
and someone took a clean close up snap shot of that so he was identified.

Advertisement
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #2977
The Brown Reason
 
BrRsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whalley
Posts: 4,594
Thanked 5,847 Times in 1,521 Posts
We should all get to take turns going to their (the accused's) houses and trashing them and looting anything we want

An eye for an eye makes everyone a pirate! Pirates are always smiling and happy!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
fuck this shit, i'm out
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #2978
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Stupid weekend sentence. Assualt was involved. I don't see why he can't do 60 days in a row.
Posted via RS Mobile
because its all about rehabilitation and since its just 60days and he's going to school.. well yeah :P


that kid from Ridge who was filmed torching the police car should go to jail though -_- (the one whose dad is a surgeon)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #2979
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,486
Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Stupid weekend sentence. Assualt was involved. I don't see why he can't do 60 days in a row.
The judge's descision was based on a few factors. His age at the time of the incident. He was 20 at the time of the incident.
He claimed he went on a drinking binge and wasn't in his right mind when the riots happened.
Supposedly, he wrote an apology letter to the victims. He is currently going to school and the Canadian justice system is setup to help people rehabilitate and not punish the criminals, especially since this was his first offence.
And most importantly, he plead guilty to all the charges.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #2980
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,486
Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
because its all about rehabilitation and since its just 60days and he's going to school.. well yeah :P


that kid from Ridge who was filmed torching the police car should go to jail though -_- (the one whose dad is a surgeon)
I must have missed it, but what did the Kid from Ridge get?
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #2981
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 158
Thanked 17 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I must have missed it, but what did the Kid from Ridge get?
Nothing. He skipped town and doesn't face any consequences.

Petition | Mayor of Vancouver: Extradite Nathan Kotylak Back To Canada | Change.org
dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #2982
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
spyker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Of Fire
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 596 Times in 238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dual View Post
Nothing. He skipped town and doesn't face any consequences.

Petition | Mayor of Vancouver: Extradite Nathan Kotylak Back To Canada | Change.org
He may be safe in the usa for now,but the second he touches Canadian soil,the customs agents will arrest him on the spot.

He fails to realize that he will now get even a harsher sentence due to him fleeing his trial.

This idiot just keeps digging a hole deeper & deeper for himself that even his dads money won't be able to buy his way out of.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #2983
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,797
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
Quote:
Nathan Kotylak should not be allowed to flee from the responsibility of his actions and hide from the law in the United States while he is under investigation for the following alleged actions or should be under investigation for the following actions:

- Attempting to set two police cars on fire
- Setting fire to several garbage cans
- The physical assault of a young woman who he slapped on her bare breasts
- Igniting fireworks into a crowd of people
- Handing beer bottles to rioters in order for them to be thrown at police
was not aware of this one...wouldn't that be sexual assault? if that's the case, wouldn't that be a fairly severe should the female in question pursue this?
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #2984
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
GodZilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 915
Thanked 70 Times in 21 Posts
Just read the province about Tim Lau and how sad and regretful he is and how he is trying to improve himself. Was in Vancouver from Comox for a medical but cancelled his flight so he could stay watch the game, drink about 7 pitchers of beer and do extacy. Now he wants the judge to lenient?

Go to youtube and watch about 5 minutes of a video from the riot it took me about three before my blood boiled looking at all those people acting like fools destroying our city. He deserves what he gets and I hope its long.

He did write letters to Blenz and the tuxedo shop and I think the Bay, but that doesn't mean he should get a lighter sentence. If that was the case every person committing a crime would do it to receive a lighter sentence or get off.

Those people are getting what they deserve time in the clink.
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #2985
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Global BC | Stanley Cup rioter sentenced to four months in jail

Quote:
Another Stanley Cup rioter was sentenced to jail time in Vancouver Provincial Court.

22-year-old Timothy Lau of Comox Valley will have to serve a four-month jail term, plus 2 years of probation.

He will also have to pay a $1,500 fine.

Lau is one of the "faces" of the Stanley Cup riot. His actions have been captured by many cameras during the riot and he turned himself in after being, “outed” on social media.

Lau was facing nine criminal charges, ranging from participating in a riot to mischief and vandalism.

The Crown was looking for a 6-9 month jail term with probation and community service. Defense insisted on a lesser 2-month jail term with probation.

During the trial, the Crown said Lau helped smash and burn six cars, and was seen at three vandalized businesses.

Lau says he regrets his actions, but adds he could not remember much of what happened because he was impaired by alcohol and drugs.

The judge acknowledges Lau's alcohol and drug abuse problem, but says video evidence shows Lau's motor skills were not compromised on the night of the riot.

He also thinks Lau was an "enthusiastic" participant who actively incited the rioting crowd.

However, the judge concludes Lau is remorseful and considers his behavior out of character.

The judge also considered the mitigating factors, which include Lau's age, remorsefulness, a guilty plea and his voluntary surrender to police.


Read it on Global News: Global BC | Stanley Cup rioter sentenced to four months in jail
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #2986
Banned (ABWS)
 
MrGoodbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,268
Thanked 425 Times in 146 Posts
I feel absolutely no sympathy for size 42 pants stealer. Her holier-than-thou attitude broadcast for the world to see was exactly who she is. Unadulterated thoughts and thought processes that she had time to brood over and call out everyone and everything to support her self-pity. Obviously she had no lawyer guidance and her parents probably didnt know what happened until the police knocked at her door; so her apology truly reflects her deepest thoughts. Her attitude is: if I'm going down, I'm taking everyone with me. 0 fucking honor. The retraction of her apology just cements her 100% bitch mode attitude; trying a hand at taking down everyone didnt help and added to the fire? Shit better put out the fire and give those people that didnt burn to death a hug and hope all is forgotten. I wouldn't be willing to work with someone who throws someone else under the bus at the drop of a hat would you? Those 20 seconds on video is only 20 seconds of the 8-10 hour riot. Who knows what else she could have done in that time? Oh right telling other dumb asses to stop fucking around with the trees.

When the true colors show, it really makes people question whether the good that was done was done from the heart or to put on a mask to hide the character you don't want the world to see. Good to know her morals take a back seat to having fun causing mischief. I wouldn't want someone who could turn sour when left unchecked to be considered a colleague.
Posted via RS Mobile
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #2987
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
It's funny...she could've just said "Hey, yes, I took some pants in the heat of the moment. My bad. Sorry. I didn't smash the windows in but yeah, it was stupid.", we probably would've given her a pass.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #2988
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,253
Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
"He was the face of the riot" yet only received 4 months in jail, 2 year probation and $1500 in fines..

IMHO burning 6 cars, showing off infront of 3 vandalized business and inciting the riotors should receive a bit more of a harsh punishment. I'd put a minimum of a year in prison, and/or $5000 in fines.

After hearing "Christy Quack" talk about how STIFF the punishments were going to be, this is just a joke.
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #2989
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,738
Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,576 Posts
People get 3 years for vehicular manslaughter what do u expect
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #2990
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
FerrariEnzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: somewhere
Posts: 7,656
Thanked 2,352 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dual View Post
Nothing. He skipped town and doesn't face any consequences.

Petition | Mayor of Vancouver: Extradite Nathan Kotylak Back To Canada | Change.org
WTF.. this idiot slaps a women on her bare breast...
U.S. government shouldnt tolerate this and ship him back up here...

this idiot has alcohol and drug abuse problem.. his parents should have been more cautious and not let him go there..
__________________
My Buy&Sell Feedback, Thanx
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #2991
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 604
Posts: 167
Thanked 342 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
"He was the face of the riot" yet only received 4 months in jail, 2 year probation and $1500 in fines..

IMHO burning 6 cars, showing off infront of 3 vandalized business and inciting the riotors should receive a bit more of a harsh punishment. I'd put a minimum of a year in prison, and/or $5000 in fines.

After hearing "Christy Quack" talk about how STIFF the punishments were going to be, this is just a joke.
I agree, the justice system is a joke. but having this fuck up most of his life in most people's prime years is a little consolation
k00laid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #2992
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,486
Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
this idiot has alcohol and drug abuse problem.. his parents should have been more cautious and not let him go there..
Watching the news last night, they said he had a very stiff upbringing. He wasn't allowed to participate in Halloween activities.

So all those years of pent up destruction happens in one night with him leading the riots.

Oh yeah, and Crown is trying to appeal 2 other convictions saying the sentence handed out was too leinent so there may be a chance that this guy's sentence is appealed on the grounds that the sentence is too leinent.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #2993
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Watching the news last night, they said he had a very stiff upbringing. He wasn't allowed to participate in Halloween activities.

So all those years of pent up destruction happens in one night with him leading the riots.
This is not uncommon, for someone who's brought up under tight control, or lives their regular life under tight control, to really go overboard when they do let go.

My years of roadie-ing with a party band, the absolute craziest partiers I ever saw was at the Investment Dealers' Assn. convention - bunch of uptight, pent-up bankers just let all that pressure build until they get a chance to let it out, and it goes with a bang. (Or a boom, in the case of the 200-lb. guy who was fell off the speaker stacks... yikes! Good thing it wasn't a room full of lawyers!)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #2994
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,486
Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
This is not uncommon, for someone who's brought up under tight control, or lives their regular life under tight control, to really go overboard when they do let go.

My years of roadie-ing with a party band, the absolute craziest partiers I ever saw was at the Investment Dealers' Assn. convention - bunch of uptight, pent-up bankers just let all that pressure build until they get a chance to let it out, and it goes with a bang. (Or a boom, in the case of the 200-lb. guy who was fell off the speaker stacks... yikes! Good thing it wasn't a room full of lawyers!)
I know what you mean. I knew this girl who never went out or partied during her years in high school. Then she went to UBC, met new people and went out drinking, clubbing, and partying almost every night. She even went as far getting trained at some pool hall after they closed for the night.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #2995
Banned (ABWS)
 
MrGoodbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,268
Thanked 425 Times in 146 Posts
Stanley Cup rioter pleads not guilty to breaching probation | News1130

Wow, she's still making headlines. She digs a hole deeper and deeper for herself. Breach probation, pleads not guilty. Is it so hard to be home at 10pm?
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #2996
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
How long is her probation?

People that break more laws while already being punished for a desperate crime get no sympathy here. That's just stupid. It's like the morons that drive while they're suspended then complain about it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #2997
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,797
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
maybe she was out saving trees
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #2998
My homepage has been set to RS
 
falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,402
Thanked 900 Times in 387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I know what you mean. I knew this girl who never went out or partied during her years in high school. Then she went to UBC, met new people and went out drinking, clubbing, and partying almost every night. She even went as far getting trained at some pool hall after they closed for the night.
It's not an excuse to act like that. I was brought up in a strict household and if anything it made me a better person.
__________________
FOR SALE: 14'' MR2 MK1 wheels with 90% rubber $130, FD RX7 Transmission $200, Hitch Mount Snowboard/Ski rack w/ THULE clamps, locks $200. PM me for details!

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #2999
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,542
Thanked 1,663 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
The judge's descision was based on a few factors. His age at the time of the incident. He was 20 at the time of the incident.
He claimed he went on a drinking binge and wasn't in his right mind when the riots happened.
Supposedly, he wrote an apology letter to the victims. He is currently going to school and the Canadian justice system is setup to help people rehabilitate and not punish the criminals, especially since this was his first offence.
And most importantly, he plead guilty to all the charges.
If that's the case then he should happily pay for the damage he cost as well. Not out of the victims' pocket or tax payer dollars or ICBC but his own money.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #3000
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,253
Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
Stanley Cup rioter pleads not guilty to breaching probation | News1130

Wow, she's still making headlines. She digs a hole deeper and deeper for herself. Breach probation, pleads not guilty. Is it so hard to be home at 10pm?
Wanted to see picture of girl.. clicked link..

closed window.
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net