REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #1826
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I just saw this on another site, did one of you make this?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2q23f2b.jpg
wow someone made it into a all in one for me. AWESOME! I did send all the information to various facebook groups and those riot websites and VPD as well so wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from RS
Advertisement
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #1827
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
The saddest thing that fucks with me about the chicks protecting the car especially, is the huge mob of onlookers standing around with their dicks in their hand. And usually a camera or phone in the other. If a few more people get involved like those chicks, the fucks intent on causing problems could have been outnumbered. The riot was honestly ONLY possible due to this.

I also have a younger sister, if she were one of them I would have been proud of her.
a single dude steps up and helps. he looks aggressive? boom he's beat on the ground in seconds. now you have a scrap with 3 girls in the middle.

like i said, i prefer my sisters alive and healthy. pride is something you can always get back. brain injuries are permanent.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #1828
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Whatever punishment that water polo kid gets, how ever light it may be, it doesn't matter because the worse has already been inflicted on him.

He has brought public humiliation and shame to himself and his family who is probably well respected among their peers. Especially his dad who is a surgeon.

So I'm already quite satisfied with that case.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #1829
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
WRONG. i have 2 younger sisters, i would have bitch slapped them both if they did anything that stupid.

women are not men. in a mob like that, women can and have been raped in crowds. by the time people figure out what's happening, she's already raped.

add in the fact that there were people who had no problem hitting women, then you realize how stupid you are to risk your life for a piece of property.

at the end of the day, big dudes were getting punked by crowds. it only takes 1 crazy bitch to hit 1 of these girls and they get lost in a crowd of punches, kicks and hairpulling.
exactly, like I said before I really respect their courage and heart but at the end of the day huge guys like the guy protecting his truck were getting knocked out by mobs and while most of us here would think hitting a girl is most likely off limits, there are unfortunately people that don't give a fuck and will. I mean we would all want to believe that if someone did try to harm these girls that the bystanders would step in but the truth is we don't know and we saw a lot of people getting mobbed and not a single person stepping forward to help. I mean its happened to me before on the bus and keep in mind this is just one person, not a mob. This guy was harassing a girl on the bus and you could tell by everyone's facial expression on the bus that they did not approve of his behavior so I was like okay this guy has gone far enough and I figured you know the people on the bus would have my back I wasn't trying to be no hero or nothing I just told him he needed to back off with his harassment and guess what, I got pushed and jabbed in the face and not a single passenger on the bus did a thing or made a peep, I probably would have gotten my ass kicked if the bus driver didn't kick the guy off the bus.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #1830
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I just saw this on another site, did one of you make this?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2q23f2b.jpg
All I can say is HA!
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #1831
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

LOLZ!! watch this little bitch cry in the end.

By: ctvbc.ca
Date: Saturday Jun. 18, 2011 12:57 PM PT
A 22-year-old Richmond carpenter is eating his words after he was fired from his job for making comments in support of the Vancouver riot on his Facebook page.

Connor Mcilvenna says that he went downtown with some friends around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday to watch the post-Stanley Cup riot, but didn't do anything illegal.

"I didn't do anything. I did nothing wrong. I was just there," he said.

He did, however, post several pro-riot status updates on his Facebook page, including statements like "atta boy vancity!!! show em how we do it!!!" and "vancouver needed remodeling anyway...."

Mcilvenna listed Rite Tech Construction on his profile as his employer, and the morning after the riot, he was called in by the boss and promptly fired.

"I have big regrets for making stupid comments I just shouldn't have made," he told CTV News after losing his job.

Rite Tech owner Justin Reitz says that Mcilvenna's thoughtless comments impacted his company's reputation.

"I just didn't feel like what was said was appropriate, and I didn't want any affiliation towards my company with the things he said on Facebook," Reitz said.

"I had over 100 emails and out of the 100 emails, close to 30 of them were copies of his Facebook page which he sent out during the riots."

Mcilvenna says he's apologized on Facebook in the meantime, but the lesson has been a hard one to learn.

"I didn't do anything. I was just there. I made stupid comments that I'm extremely regretful for, and people just took them the wrong way," he said.

With a report from CTV British Columbia' Norma Reid

Last edited by lgman; 06-18-2011 at 02:37 PM.
lgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #1832
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I am 99.89999% the YMCA guy is not part of the riot. False alarm people. Let us nail the other fuckers!

The falsely accused is actually a genuine guy and contributing member to society.

Revscene feels like Batman's batcave!

Last edited by Splmash; 06-18-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: False accusation.
Splmash is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #1833
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Hahahaha @ Ha
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #1834
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
All I can say is HA!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
wow someone made it into a all in one for me. AWESOME! I did send all the information to various facebook groups and those riot websites and VPD as well so wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from RS
Glad he's not a Beedie student. Sucks he's still a SFU student =[
Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
I am 99.89999% the YMCA guy is not part of the riot. False alarm people. Let us nail the other fuckers!

Revscene feels like Batman's batcave!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyways one more here. Good guy bro story.
Remember that guy who was defending that green truck? then got mobbed and beaten?

http://www.theprovince.com/news/hero...422/story.html

Photographer Bert Easterbrook heals his wounds at his New Westminster home on Friday,June 17, 2011. Bert was beaten by a mob after stopping a rioter from trying to set fire to a truck in downtown Vancouver during the Stanley Cup riot.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/hero...#ixzz1PfMIhOzk
Old 06-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #1837
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
Bentley got smashed... !!

i only noticed this now... bloody hell. you and i and everyone else with car insurance will be paying for the repairs on this bentley out of our premiums, not to mention that torched m5 and all the other cars that got trashed. so when icbc announces that they will be raising our premiums, i can understand why... damn.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #1838
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts

Bert Easterbrook - A hero among the rotten rioting pack
"Easterbrook, a six-foot-two, 255-pound karate expert who also works as a security guard for pro-marijuana rallies in Vancouver."

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #1839
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgman View Post
Spoiler!
Good move on behalf of the company for firing this kid. Ultimately, the owner had to look out for his business. Makes Donald Trump look like a chump.

This also goes to show in this day and age, you really have to watch what you say on the Internet. Even trolls get bitten in the ass.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1840

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post

Bert Easterbrook - A hero among the rotten rioting pack
"Easterbrook, a six-foot-two, 255-pound karate expert who also works as a security guard for pro-marijuana rallies in Vancouver."

Two posts up. But thanks anyways!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #1841
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
i don't think anybody really gives a shit that he didn't actually set the fire. he attempted to and that's more than enough for me. and no, we aren't assholes for shaming him
I totally agree with you.

Also,the water polo kids dad needs to STFU already,nobody gives a shit what he's got to say or care.He does not realize the more he opens his mouth and tries to do his own damage control,the more attention his kid is getting and the beatings his kid is going to get will also be alot worse.The fucking idiot father of his is not doing him any favours by saying all this shit......not that I care anyways.

On the bright side of things for this kid,when he gets the fucking shit beat out of him on a regualr basis,he can just go to his dad and good ol' pops will fix him right up,he is a surgeon afterall.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #1842
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i only noticed this now... bloody hell. you and i and everyone else with car insurance will be paying for the repairs on this bentley out of our premiums, not to mention that torched m5 and all the other cars that got trashed. so when icbc announces that they will be raising our premiums, i can understand why... damn.
You really think that a couple cars trashed on one night would be a statistical blip? Don't agree with raised premiums over nonsense.

The last year I can see stats for from ICBC (2007):
Total Vehicles Involved in Collisions 74,567
Total Police Attended Injury Collisions and All Reported Fatal Collisions 43,507

That's 119 injury or fatal collisions per day.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #1843

minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #1844
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
Wow, mobbing on a guy and then running like a little bitch when others step in. Pussies.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #1845
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Does anyone know if the guy in the blue adidas shirt was arrested? He seemed to be in so many videos - beating Easterbrook, knocking over a girl and then getting chased down, trying to get a cop to fight him. Seems like someone would have tracked him by now
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #1846

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
My aunt who works at the Bay told me today that the man protecting The Bay was actually a security guard, and he showed up to work the next day. He's fine right now. Also, the people in "masks" in the Bay while looters was going in were actually security guards using fire extinguishers to try to repel looters (which obviously didn't work).
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #1847
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
haha that kid thought he could get in a few kicks and ends up getting smoked in the head... haha

KARMA, BITCH!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #1848
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
WRONG. i have 2 younger sisters, i would have bitch slapped them both if they did anything that stupid.

women are not men. in a mob like that, women can and have been raped in crowds. by the time people figure out what's happening, she's already raped.

add in the fact that there were people who had no problem hitting women, then you realize how stupid you are to risk your life for a piece of property.

at the end of the day, big dudes were getting punked by crowds. it only takes 1 crazy bitch to hit 1 of these girls and they get lost in a crowd of punches, kicks and hairpulling.

x2 Truth

It wouldn't take much for a Fucking Low Life Scum dirt bomb to start getting his way with one of those Female's In a Rape case if their already fucking up Vancouver and trying to burn it down. Fucking Retarded female's

Look at how much this car is damaged already,the roof is caved in what is already a Write off cause the integrally of the body is ruined.

Yeah...Let's Protect this & defended it off with you don't know how many sick fuck's in the crowd waiting for the opportunity
all i can say is...their lucky with that amount of screwed up people already...Let alone when their drunk or high on meth/cocaine... those two girls were okay after Playing Super Women :/...

Last edited by Mr.Money; 06-18-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Did anyone see that brown dude that punched this girl in the face? She was atleast 5'10" 140lbs. Anyways she stepped up and wanted to fight him then a swarm of guys jumped the guy and beat him up. Later on in the night i saw the same girl trying to pick a fight with another dude but everyone told him it wasnt worth it. Then i heard from some other people that girl was tryin to pick fights all night.
I videotaped this. She had like 2 missing teeth and her face was bloody? The brown guy was taking his jacket off to 1 on 1 that girl LOL. Got jumped by 10+ people who chased him 2 blocks down. I also saw her later that night where she was confronted by another group of people, didn't see what went down though
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #1850

[QUOTE=Mr.Money;7479095]

It wouldn't take much for a Fucking Low Life Scum dirt bomb to start getting his way with one of those Female's In a Rape case if their already fucking up Vancouver and trying to burn it down. Fucking Retarded female's

You sound like a "Retarded Female" from all your post recently.