REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #1876
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
LOL @ RONIN :P

But seriously that guy only made a public apology because he got caught.

If he didn't get caught I can bet you so much money that he will be bragging with his friends.

Instead he just doesn't want to suck a big one in jail.
Advertisement
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #1877
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsterr View Post
Nathan Kotylak, the water polo guy, made a public apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQOQsLUW60
I can't understand him, he's mumbling and crying too much. I hope the VPD/Courts throw the book at him. Even though he's only 17, this kid has become the face of the riot. Letting him go with just a slap on the wrist is a sign of optimism for future scoundrels.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #1878
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triste View Post
Does anyone know if the guy in the blue adidas shirt was arrested? He seemed to be in so many videos - beating Easterbrook, knocking over a girl and then getting chased down, trying to get a cop to fight him. Seems like someone would have tracked him by now
Yes they showed him getting arrested on CBC when it was happening. He knocked over a girl (who admittedly was so staggeringly drunk she could barely stand anyway) and that's when the cops finally took the troll bait and beat him with their clubs a bit before arresting him.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #1879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
I can't understand him, he's mumbling and crying too much. I hope the VPD/Courts throw the book at him. Even though he's only 17, this kid has become the face of the riot. Letting him go with just a slap on the wrist is a sign of optimism for future scoundrels.

As much as I hate locking people up... this guy only did this to get sympathy from the judge.

He should be charged and he needs to learn.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #1880
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
god damn...did that black guy just punch him right in the mouth for the tko?..crazy security bouncers ......shit that is awful,you just hear his head pound the pavement on the way down.

ouch.
no you don't. dude clearly lands on his elbow.

security guard came up and threw him down. he didn't blind side and swing at the boston fan.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #1881
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
fake crying from what i can see. where are the tears? his lawyers probably told him to act all sorry so that he can gain sympathy from public. well he's not going to get it from me. all he'll get is a big LOL for putting up a good act in front of the camera.
t8v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #1882
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgman View Post
Spoiler!
"people took it the wrong way" and "it was supposed to be just between me and my friends". this kid doesn't fucking get it, he's learned nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
didnt get a chance to poat here yet. my observations so far:

1. ppl bitching (including me) bout ppl taking pics...but its these pics that are helping expell and track down these numb nuts rioters
2. ppl saying its surrey ppl doing this but then the richmond kid and a buncha vancouver peeps of many races end up getting caught.
3. police blaming this on some sorta non fan terrorists was an embarassing bullshit pr move. they know and we know that it was fans and they werent prepared well enough...spinning it makes it that much worse
4. the writing on the boarded up windows is touching
5. the highschool population in bc are a bunch of fucking douchebags. not all of course, but i dare say at least half. worse than ever before - lamer, douche
ier a d more disrespectful than i remember. not just this event...but in general ive been noticing this. everytime we get something cool in the city they fuck it up. this city needs to start being more "ageist". they dont deserve proviledges.
6. all these ppl getting caught arent gonna get so much as an expelsion and a fine.

sigh depressing
Posted via RS Mobile
normal people don't go to games with ski masks, crow bars, metal pipes, gas masks, gas bombs, molotov cocktails, etc. a large part of this riot was premeditated and yes, a lot of normal people got caught up in it out of sheer stupidity.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #1883
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Good on him for apologizing but we can't let anyone off the hook on this one. Leniency will just ensure it happens again.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #1884
My homepage has been set to RS

http://www.youtube.com/user/bcnewsvideo#p/u/19/gfe_v0W2mWQ
video of the addidas jacket guy
krazynuck is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #1885
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
As a 17yr old, they can try u as an adult if its deemed that the minor knows what he is doing correct?
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #1886
Need to Seek Professional Help

Damn first time I saw the vid of that fat fuck punching the cop/firefighter...makes my blood fucking boil.

Much props to the cop/firefighter for keeping his composure and not smashing that fat fuckface...I probably wouldn't have been able to keep my cool in that situation.

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #1887
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1creator View Post
If that's really Camille Cacnio, then I know for a fact that she works at the bird-coop at UBC.

Is it just me, or are most of these losers cocky, nose in the air, jock/gym/middle class types?
Posted via RS Mobile
Camille Cacnio today was let go at her job as a receptionist at Burrard Acura. And that various Filipino organizations she workED for were unhappy of seeing her on television and have disgraced herself.
victorbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #1888

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorbravo View Post
Camille Cacnio today was let go at her job as a receptionist at Burrard Acura. And that various Filipino organizations she workED for were unhappy of seeing her on television and have disgraced herself.
LOL PWNED.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #1889
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazynuck View Post
video of the addidas jacket guy
Maybe i missed something but is this adidas jacket guy the same guy that was defending the smart car and the van?
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #1890
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:

REGARDING: Camille Cacnio

I appreciate you letting me know about this particular aspect of this sorry episode. I assume that the VPD will follow up on the allegation. I have notified the person at UBC who oversees the student discipline process. Since this whole issue is evolving rapidly, there has not been time for the required discussions here about what process UBC will use should any members of its community be suspected or proven to have been involved in illegal acts.
Sincerely,
Dr. Paul G. Harrison
Associate Dean, Students
Faculty of Science

This poor girls life has been turned upside down.
victorbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #1891

Quote:

I appreciate you letting me know about this particular aspect of this sorry episode. I assume that the VPD will follow up on the allegation. I have notified the person at UBC who oversees the student discipline process. Since this whole issue is evolving rapidly, there has not been time for the required discussions here about what process UBC will use should any members of its community be suspected or proven to have been involved in illegal acts.
Sincerely,
Dr. Paul G. Harrison
Associate Dean, Students
Faculty of Science

My city has been turned upside down.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1892

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggs View Post
Maybe i missed something but is this adidas jacket guy the same guy that was defending the smart car and the van?
People all over the interwebs is praising this guy for standing up against the riots and labels him as a hero. This video clearly shows that he's just another idiot. Worse of all, he wears socks and sandals!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1893
...in the world.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1894
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t8v6 View Post
fake crying from what i can see. where are the tears? his lawyers probably told him to act all sorry so that he can gain sympathy from public. well he's not going to get it from me. all he'll get is a big LOL for putting up a good act in front of the camera.
+1
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #1895
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

Sincerely,
Dr. Paul G. Harrison
Associate Dean, Students
Faculty of Science

No sympathy here... Bitch got what she deserved. When I hear about each one of these idiots getting caught I hope the book is thrown at them hard.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #1896
...in the world.

The way I see it is, she came into my house, disrespected my family...because someone...er

Anyways, my point is that she basically stole from YOU. Our tax dollars are going to be paying for this. How would you feel if she just broke into your house and stole your TV? How is this different? The money will be the same, maybe on a slightly different scale.

Would you not want her fired or expelled if she just straight up broke into your house and stole your TV?

How is it that people don't understand this?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #1897
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:

Sincerely,
Dr. Paul G. Harrison
Associate Dean, Students
Faculty of Science

So, you signed up for an RS account to let us know how your slow bureaucracies are going to be in dealing with this manner? Clearly shes caught on video, how many more useless discussions are needed to expel her? Get outta here....
604_EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #1898
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

It's been 3 days since this bullshit happened, and yet I still watch in disbelief at every video that's been posted, where kids/young adults kick, punch, fight, throw things, destroy properties, set cars on fire, gang up on helpless individuals, and conduct themselves in such ways that it makes Vancouver look like a third world, under-privileged country.

There are kids that are University prospects or are currently enrolled, and many that come from affluent backgrounds as well. I still cannot comprehend, or ACCEPT what had happened, and like many others are looking for answers that could somehow explain their behaviors.

I was caught up in the G20 riot in Toronto last year when work sent me there for 2 weeks, and remember being in the crowd with my camera (I was out and about, checking out the city). I can understand what it feels like to be "caught up in the moment" and have your adrenaline running, but at NO POINT during that experience did I even THINK about participating in the riot. I just don't understand why these people, espeically ones that are "educated" (University students), can commit something like this and had absolutely no self-control or common sense to guide themselves out of the situation.

Why do kids these days behave this way, and have the capacity to unleash such destruction on their environment? Is it Hollywood? HipHop music that promotes "gangster" life stlyes? Videogames like GTA? Bad parenting? Failing education system? Weak justice system? What is it?

I am more shocked at this riot than the G20 one one for several reasons:

- The G20 riot was mainly led by those that deployed the black bloc tactic, and few individuals joined in, whereas our riot seemed to have been started by those that came down here with rioting in mind, and then it spiraled out of control with many more kids joining in the mayhem throughout pockets of the city
- The G20 at least had a political undertone to it, and even though rioting is not a way to get the message across, it had a POINT. Ours? ABSOLUTELY NO POINT to the riot other than destruction of properties and "fun time" had by those that were here.
- The G20 rioters were clear-cut in who their targets were: big corporations and the police. They did not attack by-standers or anyone that had nothing to do with the G20. Ours? people fighting each other, beating each other up, ganging up on those that fight back.
- Looting! I remember almost no looting occurred at the G20 riot, where as ours had countless incidents at major shops where almost everyone had a piece of the action. Where are the moral values in these peoples minds?
- This was LITERALLY in my backyard, as I work and live downtown.

I acutally feel less safe now, knowing that we have SO MANY people out there (in Vancouver and the suburbs), espeically kids, that are capable of horrid crimes against other fellow citizens. I won't be surprised that a major riot is highly likely in the event of significant natural disasters and those that had participated in this riot that stole, hurt, and disobeyed, will repeat their actions and take it to the next level (killing).

Shocked, just shocked and still in disbelief that so many people are still capable of acting this way.

Last edited by Bonjour43MA; 06-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Bonjour43MA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #1899
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggs View Post
Ya I'm confused too.

I'm guessing he was trying to be a hero at first and then later decided to say "fuck it" and join in?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #1900
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
ID THIS RIOTER. He tries to break into The Bay. Hero stops him. He helps crowd drag him down. Punches him in the head and leaves him on the ground after another douchebag pepper sprays him.

THEN HE WALKS OFF AND CELEBRATES WITH A FRIEND.

Great victory, asshole.

Just finished compiling evidence to send to VPD regarding this guy. Also posted on Facebook, Twitter and sent to Captain Vancouver.

Link to original: http://ow.ly/i/d7OK/original

Another angle in another picture I made.

Link to original: http://ow.ly/i/d44Q/original
The guy/hero who stopped him was on Global News hour today @ 6.
hypercube is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: