REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

spideyv2 06-17-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 7477059)
do some of you guys not know how to use the multi button or are you just trying to up your # of posts in this thread? :lol

anyways, i really hope CoHo can earn a spot on the roster. it's unfortunate that AV basically through the kid under the bus after his comments regarding CoHo getting second opinions about his back problems. These were second opinions that turned out to be CORRECT by the way. AV never did apologize publicly for this but I sure hope he did in private.

haha woops, will keep in mind for next time :fullofwin:

Durrann 06-17-2011 12:22 AM

go canucks go!!

Harvey Specter 06-17-2011 01:35 AM

Quote this next year when we make another cup run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Budong 06-17-2011 01:57 AM

Being Chinese born,
this makes me proud

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d=rss-kimelman

7seven 06-17-2011 06:03 AM

Jagr back to NHL?

Quote:

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
Spoke with Jaromir Jagr this morning who confirmed his interest in coming back to the NHL. ``There’s a possibility, yes,'' Jagr told me
19 minutes ago
Quote:

Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda told me Detroit and Montreal, as already reported elsewhere, among teams they've spoken to.
Quote:

Also spoke with Wings GM Ken Holland who confirmed talks with Jagr camp but this is all preliminary at this point
16 minutes ago

SkinnyPupp 06-17-2011 06:06 AM

The game has changed to suit Jagr, I can't wait to see him back again, maybe in a Caps jersey :fullofwin:

jackmeister 06-17-2011 07:36 AM

well sooner or later we will have to trade cory schneider... doesnt seem like luongo is gonna go anywhere.

who do you think we could get in return?

Simulated 06-17-2011 07:44 AM

i'm excited to see what gillis will do this summer. i hope we can keep most of our guys especially on defense.

SkinnyPupp 06-17-2011 08:01 AM

Do you want them to keep Salo? As much as I like the guy, I think his career needs to end.

Now watch him go get signed by Pittsburgh and win the cup :\

How about Ballard? He's a proven good defenseman, but just doesn't fit into the AV/Bowness system. Can you teach an old dog new tricks? Or should they just write him off and try to unload him?

SkinnyPupp 06-17-2011 08:03 AM

BTW rumor has it we'll find out what Winnipeg's team will be called on Tuesday.. I can't wait :D

Simulated 06-17-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7477341)
Do you want them to keep Salo? As much as I like the guy, I think his career needs to end.

Now watch him go get signed by Pittsburgh and win the cup :\

How about Ballard? He's a proven good defenseman, but just doesn't fit into the AV/Bowness system. Can you teach an old dog new tricks? Or should they just write him off and try to unload him?

not sure how i feel about having salo back. if he does come back it should be on a 1 year 'i just want to win the cup' discount. i hope to see bieksa and ehrhoff come back and that could happen if salo is not signed or willing to take a significant pay cut.

Hondaracer 06-17-2011 08:33 AM

Salo can stay if he's around 1 mill, he's very serviceable at that price
Posted via RS Mobile

Grandmaster TSE 06-17-2011 08:46 AM

i don't mind the logo, but the color scheme needs to be a little different

Ch28 06-17-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7477365)
Salo can stay if he's around 1 mill, he's very serviceable at that price
Posted via RS Mobile

lol :lol

he's been one of our best defenseman over the past several years and you want to pay him $1 mill?

Even Andrew Alberts makes 1.3 mill

jeedee 06-17-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 7477376)

he's been one of our best defenseman over the past several years and you want to pay him $1 mill?

Sure he's been one of our best dmen for the past years, but when was the last time he played a full season without being injured?

...Oh wait :troll:

Simulated 06-17-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 7477376)

i don't think alberts is coming back anyway. salo can probably still fetch decent money on other teams but at this stage of his career having already been paid millions throughout the years, you gotta be thinking he wants to win more than securing an extra 2 million now.

spoon.ek9 06-17-2011 09:04 AM

i'd love to see ehrhoff and salo back for sure. also, something tells me bieksa isn't going anywhere soon. his chemistry with hamhuis this year was just excellent. i think it's in ballard's best interest if he can get traded to a team that would utilize him more often.

i really hope gillis can work his magic again and find someone to play with kesler. it'd be very nice to have a clowe type player to work with kesler. raymond is out for anywhere between 4-6 months (some have reported 3-4 months). either way, this will free up a little cap space. if we keep lapierre, i don't see any room for coho unless he is converted into a winger. it's unfortunate, but lapierre's poor reputation with the refs is significant and is something that should be discussed by management.

fsy82 06-17-2011 09:21 AM

We need a power forward for kesler. That man is a one man wrecking crew but it caught up with him in the playoffs. He needs someone to shoulder the weight on his line. I have faith in Gillis. He will get it done.

Ikkaku 06-17-2011 09:21 AM

well, Burrows too has a bad reputation with refs, just not as significant as it is for Lapierre lol

hypediss 06-17-2011 09:26 AM

if flyers dont sign bryzgalov i can see ourselves moving schneids for someone like van reimsdyk

but that would mean we lose the best tandem in the league (arguably)

Mercy 06-17-2011 09:39 AM

Jagr with Kesler and Raymond :fullofwin:
Posted via RS Mobile

AWDTurboLuvr 06-17-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simulated (Post 7477364)
not sure how i feel about having salo back. if he does come back it should be on a 1 year 'i just want to win the cup' discount. i hope to see bieksa and ehrhoff come back and that could happen if salo is not signed or willing to take a significant pay cut.

I would be extremely surprised to see Ehrhoff back. He will command a huge salary given how shallow the FA pool for offensive d-men are. We can't afford 5+mil for him and then try to sign Bieksa.

Salo on a 1-year term would be good, think of him as your 4th or 5th d-man...not bad to have.

b0unce. [?] 06-17-2011 10:16 AM

Bring us Rick Nash, Gillis! CBJ needs a goalie, we got one. We probably need to throw in another guy in that deal and maybe a prospect, but i'd do it.

shawn79 06-17-2011 10:19 AM

Kesler and jagr too good to be true
Anyone else agree kesler / parise are the best american forward right now for cracking 2014 team usa?
Posted via RS Mobile

krazynuck 06-17-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7477476)
Bring us Rick Nash, Gillis! CBJ needs a goalie, we got one. We probably need to throw in another guy in that deal and maybe a prospect, but i'd do it.

that would be great, maybe throw in ballard....if we could trade to philly maybe we could get richards :fullofwin: