REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

Bouncing Bettys 07-06-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7502565)
I hear Semin can unload real quick.

Ovechkin Laich's Semin

DanHibiki 07-06-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7502579)
I feel sorry for your girlfriend :okay:

HA! joke's on you. He doesn't have a girlfriend.

:alone:

spoon.ek9 07-06-2011 06:12 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/169j33o.gif
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/359...nbongosyv0.gif
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...der_Semin3.jpg

tr0ubl3s0m3x 07-06-2011 07:07 PM

^ LOL!! But hey, at least he tried to "fight" back. Still to this day, the Marchand using Daniel as a punching bag fiasco pisses me off. Pisses me off that Sedin didn't do anything, and none of the Canucks did either. On that note, dont think October can come soon enough.
And ppl roasting Gillis. Compare our team from trade deadline to trade deadline, not from free agency day.
Gillis will work his magic.
Posted via RS Mobile

DanHibiki 07-06-2011 07:35 PM

Adnrew Ebbett had 32 points in 48 games with the Ducks in 2009 but sucked for all the other seasons.

Hope he shows up like that for us.

68style 07-06-2011 07:42 PM

Yah... Wellfed had 42pts in 48games one year... how'd that work out :okay:

Ronin 07-06-2011 07:52 PM

I'm a bit worried about the team's grit now. We lost lots of grinders and arguably our only real fighter. Hansen and Oreo are still unsigned (although I think both will be re-signed soon enough) and we even lost Torres. The only real toughness I see on the team is in Alberts and Juice on the back end. We have a lot of guys that could play tough but aren't seriously suited to that role.

We didn't sign any of the free agents I thought we might to ensure our boys don't get pushed around and there aren't many UFAs left that I'd want on the Canucks at this point.

DanHibiki 07-06-2011 07:54 PM

Oreskovich is a good crash and banger but he needs to have the tough guy attitude to his game since it is expected of most 4th liners.

I think if he adds that tough guy/pest to his game he would be a damn good 4th line player.

spoon.ek9 07-06-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 7502717)
Yah... Wellfed had 42pts in 48games one year... how'd that work out :okay:

i love how wellfed did next to nothing against us with san jose. especially after his cocky comments during the season.

spideyv2 07-06-2011 09:39 PM

LOL the commentators were ripping on him SO hard

SkinnyPupp 07-06-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7502899)
LOL the commentators were ripping on him SO hard

I doubt they would be if he was a Ranger ;)

spideyv2 07-06-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7503004)
I doubt they would be if he was a Ranger ;)

lol wtf, how'd you get that 1 fail?

spoon.ek9 07-07-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7503096)

it's a troll fail! does not exist, i checked his profile lol.

Ronin 07-07-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7503096)

Other mods know why. ;)

SkinnyPupp 07-07-2011 12:35 AM

:okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 07-07-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7503149)
Other mods know why. ;)

:alone:

spideyv2 07-07-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 7503146)
it's a troll fail! does not exist, i checked his profile lol.

is it that mike_dukes guy

highfive 07-07-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7502733)
I'm a bit worried about the team's grit now. We lost lots of grinders and arguably our only real fighter. Hansen and Oreo are still unsigned (although I think both will be re-signed soon enough) and we even lost Torres. The only real toughness I see on the team is in Alberts and Juice on the back end. We have a lot of guys that could play tough but aren't seriously suited to that role.

We didn't sign any of the free agents I thought we might to ensure our boys don't get pushed around and there aren't many UFAs left that I'd want on the Canucks at this point.

Our team is pretty tough IMO. Kesler is one tough SOB. Sedins are tough in going through all the beating and cross checking but don't complain like a bitch about it. Then we have Higgins who played through a broken foot, Maholtra played through with an injured eye.

But especially on CDC, losing Torres / Glass/ Rypien is such a big loss to them. I really want to ask where the fuck were they when Daniel became a punching bag? Especially Torres, where did the Seabrook or Thorton hits go??? Or where were all the grit/ grinders guys go when Eager pushed Daniel to the boards?

Our toughness is if you play like a bitch, we'll light up the score on the PP on you.

Gumby 07-07-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 7503371)
Our toughness is if you play like a bitch, we'll light up the score on the PP on you.

Unfortunately, that was only true during the regular season, and rounds 1-3 of the playoffs... :(

Great68 07-07-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Which worked for fuck all in the SCF.

Selanne_200 07-07-2011 09:51 AM

Canucks just signed another AHLer, goalie by the name of Matt clime. Not sure if this is just to fill out the wolve's roster or if this means that a trade involving schneider is looming
Posted via RS Mobile

7seven 07-07-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne_200 (Post 7503407)
Canucks just signed another AHLer, goalie by the name of Matt clime. Not sure if this is just to fill out the wolve's roster or if this means that a trade involving schneider is looming
Posted via RS Mobile

Clime is purely for the Wolves, going into next season Lack was the only other goalie the Wolves would've had, Weiman is a free agent. If this had anything to do with the NHL level/trade, there are still plenty of capable free agent backups out there like Conklin, MacDonald, Emery, Osgood and Turco. Clime is barely a capable AHLer let alone thinking of letting him perform regular backup duties in the NHL.

The Canucks also signed Alexander Sulzer today, depth defenseman bound for the Wolves. I also believe with the signing of Sulzer, the Canucks' are trying to have the most gingers of any NHL organization :wiggle:

http://nfhl.eu/image/players/Alexander%20Sulzer.jpg

MR_BIGGS 07-07-2011 12:08 PM

I wonder if AV will let the Sedin's kill penelties next season. Regardless of bounces, they were on the ice for a lot of even strength goals. Do they need to be more defensively responsible? While the +/- stat is deemed useless by many, they had horrible +/- in the playoffs. It could make them better all around players and keep them involved in games that the Canucks take a lot of penelties.

Much discussion about how the Canucks have gotten softer with Torres leaving. While I do agree that the Canucks might be "softer", say if the Canucks powerplay did click in the final...would Boston be pulling the shit that they did? Would that "take them to the back alley" style be useful if the special teams were going for the Canucks? I don't think the main reason the Canucks sucked on their PP was because of the "toughness" the Bruins showed in their PK. It was a factor, but not the major one IMO.

spideyv2 07-07-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Our team is pretty tough IMO. Kesler is one tough SOB. Sedins are tough in going through all the beating and cross checking but don't complain like a bitch about it. Then we have Higgins who played through a broken foot, Maholtra played through with an injured eye.

But especially on CDC, losing Torres / Glass/ Rypien is such a big loss to them. I really want to ask where the fuck were they when Daniel became a punching bag? Especially Torres, where did the Seabrook or Thorton hits go??? Or where were all the grit/ grinders guys go when Eager pushed Daniel to the boards?

lol ok there man, all of us here are fans too but look at what you just wrote.
Lets be serious here..Just because a couple of our players have grit, we are still no means a tough team. We still lack a player like Shawn Thornton, who provides the proper spark/energy. If the Sedin's were 'tough' as you say, they wouldn't have been getting pushed around like little bitches and punched around like that. Take homer goggles off please, thanks.

shawn79 07-07-2011 01:01 PM

The winnipeg jets team looks pretty good on paper, pretty solid defence with hard nose player on the bottom 6. With the hiring of a good coach they can easily clinch 6-8th spot in the east.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/WPG?year=2012
team cap hit is 43mill

bogosian still unsigned RFA