REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #31051
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Man you're strong as fuck. I'm also 160.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:21 AM   #31052
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Good job!
I was at the meet in the same category.
Disappointing first meet for me, though
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #31053
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^First meet is all about feel. There's always more in the future! always room for improvement
Old 10-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #31054
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Any oly lifters at BCIT? I want to improve my clean/learn basics of snatches but no time and funds (bcit life) to go to an oly gym.
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #31055
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Any oly lifters at BCIT? I want to improve my clean/learn basics of snatches but no time and funds (bcit life) to go to an oly gym.
Here are a list of clubs in Vancouver, not sure if that helps with the funds part though..

https://www.bcweightlifting.ca/clubs/

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #31056
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
Here are a list of clubs in Vancouver, not sure if that helps with the funds part though..

https://www.bcweightlifting.ca/clubs/

Rich
Do you know the general pricing of the clubs?

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #31057

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Do you know the general pricing of the clubs?
Most clubs are a bit secretive about their pricing and don't publish online. I'd expect somewhere in the range of $100/mo. However, they might do special deals for students or whatever. If you're interested I'd suggest stopping by a gym and asking.

Rich
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #31058
My homepage has been set to RS

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJZCcFij...nauyeung&hl=en

Hit my squat goal. No where as beast as you guys doh lol..
Next goal is 425 deadlift
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #31059

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJZCcFij...nauyeung&hl=en

Hit my squat goal. No where as beast as you guys doh lol..
Next goal is 425 deadlift
Links instagram video. Privates account.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:33 AM   #31060
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Finished up week 7 of my cut. Down to 192.4 from from 210. IIRC my original goal was 190, so that should be surpassable. Not looking to get ripped, just a nice sustainable leanness that I can hold onto while lean bulking/recomping after xmas. None of my clothes fit anymore, and even my smaller clothes fit weird. I forgot how awkard sizes are, where if you end up with a shirt that fits your shoulders back and arms, it'll be way too loose around the waist. Like a bell...

I am in the best shape I've ever been in my life! And I'm only 2/3 of the way way through.

Going to kick off week 8 with my FIRST CHEAT DAY~! I have been able to stick to the diet so well for 2 months, I am just going to wreck shit next Sunday. Nothing out of this world, but I just want a day where I'm not counting anything. Also I want some damn cookies. And Ice Cream. And ribs... OMG RIBS.

After that back to the grind - 1600 cals on work days, 1800 on off days, 2200 on the weekend, for 12,200 per week or 1742 cals per day average. Weight is still going down steadily, so I haven't had to adjust this. Intermittent Fasting, I don't care what anyone claims about it being 'extra good' for cutting or bulking, it just makes adherence SO FUCKING EASY. You don't even THINK about eating until the afternoon, and after that you just count calories being careful not to go over. Rest days are harder, which is why I allow the extra snack on those days. Makes it much more manageable.

Will update in a few more weeks.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #31061

Went HAM on my cheat day Pizza, beer, ice cream, cake, sour gummies, pancakes, spaghetti, cherry coke, fried noodles, milk tea, etc. Basically everything I craved in the last 2 months, all in one day. Looks like I've been craving carbs

Should be interesting to see the pump I get in the gym today

Straight back to the diet for 1 more month, maybe 2. Original plan was 12 weeks but I may extend it to 16 depending on how I am progressing. If weight is still consistently dropping I'll just stay on. If it stalls, I'll switch to lean bulk and cut again later next year.

As for the lean bulk plan I am thinking 5/3/1 to build strength at the same time. I'll worry about that next month though.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #31062

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
5/3/1 sucks for anything other than the deadlift
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #31063
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
Sucks as in no gainz?

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #31064
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I'm creeping up on 4 plate bench. I hit a 365 single and can rep 315x7. Stay strong brah's

Berz out.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #31065

Thought I'd share the most recent meet I did, the Big Kilopen in Surrey.

Rich
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #31066

Quote:
How's that?

From what I've seen it looks like a good way to build strength on the big 4 lifts, while being able to add bodybuilding as well. I want to move on from a pure BB program, but also don't want to go to pure power lifting.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #31067

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Adipowers on sale for 80$ + 15% coupon for signing up

adidas Men's adiPower Weightlifting Shoe - Black | adidas Canada
Old 11-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #31068

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
How's that?

From what I've seen it looks like a good way to build strength on the big 4 lifts, while being able to add bodybuilding as well. I want to move on from a pure BB program, but also don't want to go to pure power lifting.
not enough volume or frequency for the squats and upper body

the progression and the way its structured is sound, but if you're natural you should be hitting your muscle groups 3x a week plus
Old 12-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #31069

Bros I'm about to finish up my cut, moving to strength and recomp/lean bulk, figuring out how much of a surplus I can run and how much cardio I need to not gain fat. I still plan on doing 5/3/1 with bodybuilding added to it. It might suck for an "advanced" or "expert" lifter (based on these standards), but I'm "intermediate" at best in terms of strength on lower body lifts.

The issue I have is my deadlift. After decades of sitting or laying down 23.9 hours a day, my hips are REALLY weak. I noticed that after my first "heavy" set, my hips and flexors get really sore, and my lower back gets fatigued (but not painful) and basically the first 1/4 of my deadlift is extremely weak and painful. I can do rack pulls that are +40-50kg heavier than my DL, which tells me that the bottom portion of my DL is really damn weak.

So my question is, how can I work on this, other than of course doing more deadlifts. Are there specific accessory exercises and mobility drills that I should add? What worries me is that my form may be so bad, trying to just keep training this way and adding weight, I'll eventually just fuck myself up somehow.

Today I tried following the cues mentioned in this Alan Thrall video but the cue in that video of 'leaning back' just makes me feel so weak and awkward. What cues do you think are better?

Next week I'll be calculating my 1RM's and from there I'll be moving ahead with the 5/3/1 program. I'll post my progress here, and I hope others start posting progress too! This thread is way too dead
Old 12-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #31070
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Bros I'm about to finish up my cut, moving to strength and recomp/lean bulk, figuring out how much of a surplus I can run and how much cardio I need to not gain fat. I still plan on doing 5/3/1 with bodybuilding added to it. It might suck for an "advanced" or "expert" lifter (based on these standards), but I'm "intermediate" at best in terms of strength on lower body lifts.

The issue I have is my deadlift. After decades of sitting or laying down 23.9 hours a day, my hips are REALLY weak. I noticed that after my first "heavy" set, my hips and flexors get really sore, and my lower back gets fatigued (but not painful) and basically the first 1/4 of my deadlift is extremely weak and painful. I can do rack pulls that are +40-50kg heavier than my DL, which tells me that the bottom portion of my DL is really damn weak.

So my question is, how can I work on this, other than of course doing more deadlifts. Are there specific accessory exercises and mobility drills that I should add? What worries me is that my form may be so bad, trying to just keep training this way and adding weight, I'll eventually just fuck myself up somehow.

Today I tried following the cues mentioned in this Alan Thrall video but the cue in that video of 'leaning back' just makes me feel so weak and awkward. What cues do you think are better?

Next week I'll be calculating my 1RM's and from there I'll be moving ahead with the 5/3/1 program. I'll post my progress here, and I hope others start posting progress too! This thread is way too dead
Do more deficit dl's

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:58 AM   #31071

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Do more deficit dl's
With what kind of loads? High rep low weight? Or go to near actual DL numbers?
Old 12-12-2016, 09:16 AM   #31072

Quote:

take a video directly from the side
Old 12-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #31073

Quote:
take a video directly from the side
K I'll do that in a couple weeks on the "1" day of 5/3/1 of this first phase

I added deficit deadlifts to my other leg day, and also some other glute and hip stuff. Hopefully I can strengthen the hips. It's never really been a factor since I was never really going for strength but now my lower body is really lagging so it's time to address it.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #31074
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Hit 375 for a single on Bench. Yay

Berz out.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:50 AM   #31075
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
^ vid?.