REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #30901
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
That record won't last long. Brian Shaw pulled 1020 crazy easy. Not sure on the format for that contest. If they had to pre-write their lifts or what but it looks like Shaw could easily pull 1030.

https://youtu.be/6kE7bzveF2s?list=PL...9m5IhFiUPc_qUh

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #30902
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

adidas Men's adiPower Weightlifting Shoe - White | adidas Canada

White Adipowers for $86.39 CAD with free shipping. Price will show once its in your cart.
Very tempted to buy again in this colour cause it's so cheap. But already have a pair in Red/Black...
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #30903
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peturbo View Post
adidas Men's adiPower Weightlifting Shoe - White | adidas Canada

White Adipowers for $86.39 CAD with free shipping. Price will show once its in your cart.
Very tempted to buy again in this colour cause it's so cheap. But already have a pair in Red/Black...
I'm in the exact same situation as you....I caved cause I like the look of the white ones better LOL
iVTEC_Do_You? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #30904

4 days out from competition now and I still have way too many pounds to shed...
Also hate this water load phase.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #30905

double post. edit
Old 03-16-2016, 02:29 AM   #30906
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
havent posted here in awhile

hope everyone's making gainz.

I'm probably the lightest I've been in the past 5 years right now. need moar mass
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:48 AM   #30907
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
With many symptoms over the last few years, I started having my T levels checked, turns out I am quite low [bottom range of normal, and there is debate what 'normal' really means]. This is possibly simply due to age, or maybe a concussion I had a while back.

I'm turning 37 this year, so I decided it was time to start TRT. Been on 180mg a week for a several months now, and the gainz are coming back. It's like being a noob all over again. Fat is starting to shed with no effort, I can process carbs way better, anxiety is gone, mood is elevated, I sleep better, etc. Other symptoms are disappearing.

I may start a whole TRT thread so we can have a whole discussion about it. It's a really important topic, IMO. There's SO much to say, and I would recommend that EVERYONE over 30 get their levels checked if they are feeling ANY symptoms of low T. That includes general fatigue, brain fog, gainz disappearing, low libido, depression, general feelings of being a beta fag, and so on [google it]

So yeah for the first time I know what a real 'pump' feels like. I may switch my workout plan to a body part split for the first time since high school. It still seems weird only working a body part once or twice in a week, but I guess if you blast the shit out of it, it's enough? Going to look into it. Any recommendations on body part splits would be appreciated.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:51 AM   #30908
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
^ you're taking test orally? My doctor actually gave me some papers for a T-test, I might go ahead and do it just to jump on the legal roids train
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:57 AM   #30909

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrRsn View Post
^ you're taking test orally? My doctor actually gave me some papers for a T-test, I might go ahead and do it just to jump on the legal roids train
Nope self injection, subcutaneous with insulin pins [it's such a small amount each time]

I don't think there's a such thing as oral test, the only other option is gel which sucks
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #30910
I STILL don't get it

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...id=1573415638#

Powerlifts for $60 today only. The colour isn't great though.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #30911
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peturbo View Post
4 days out from competition now and I still have way too many pounds to shed...
Also hate this water load phase.
Which comp. ?
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #30912

^ 2016 winter open Powerlifting.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #30913
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Nope self injection, subcutaneous with insulin pins [it's such a small amount each time]

I don't think there's a such thing as oral test, the only other option is gel which sucks
That sounds tedious. What are you injecting? I would rather do 2 intra muscular injections per week than a bunch of daily pins. You can add Anavar to TRT doses with good results too.

As for your split, I would highly doubt that your training needs to change with the mild doses TRT offers. Your not actually "juicing" your just "Normal" now so don't start training like someone on full blast. You're going to feel great because you actually have normal test levels now but don't mistake that for actual testosterone enhancement.

Berz out.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #30914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
That sounds tedious. What are you injecting? I would rather do 2 intra muscular injections per week than a bunch of daily pins. You can add Anavar to TRT doses with good results too.

As for your split, I would highly doubt that your training needs to change with the mild doses TRT offers. Your not actually "juicing" your just "Normal" now so don't start training like someone on full blast. You're going to feel great because you actually have normal test levels now but don't mistake that for actual testosterone enhancement.

Berz out.
It's the same amount of pins as it would be with intra muscular, it just goes subcutaneous instead. It's not more tedious. This is the more modern way to dose TRT than weekly intramuscular or even E3D intramuscular. It ends up leading to a more steady amount of T throughout the week, with a lower peak and higher valley, making each dose more effective. Doctors often lower the dose when using this method.

I wouldn't bother even considering it if you're "juicing" with testosterone though - you won't want to inject that much oil at a time in one spot subcutaneously.

As for changing training, obviously I'm not going to start training like I'm on an anabolic steroids cycle. But my body is definitely different than it was before I started, so I can train more like I "should have always been" for hypertrophy. I've tried many times over the years, but was never able to do enough volume, and growth was hard to come by. I'd hit a wall in weeks, barely able to finish a workout. It's so different now, I can hardly believe it. Anyway I'm not opposed to doing an actual cycle some time. Not considering it for now though, since I just discovered I have so much potential already.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #30915
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #30916
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
an absolutely incredible eye opener for me was listening to Dr Mark Gordon on the JRE. Hes an endocrinologist specifically talking about helping vets with PTSD and people with traumatic brain injury by correcting their hormone levels, not just test, but all of them. he goes so deep on the subject in such a simple to understand way. its definitely something on my radar now that im into my 30s.

the one that got me thinking on the subject was this one:

Joe Rogan Experience #574 - Dr. Mark Gordon, Matthew Gosney & Jason Hall

Mathew Gosney was a vet who came back from Iraq and was on something like 14 prescriptions. A few months after starting treatment with Mark Gordon, he was down to like 2. Jason Hall wrote American Sniper.

If you listen to that podcast (or youtube) I guarantee you'll be hooked on both the subject, and probably the JRE. Hes been back on the show a few more times and is always full of good info.

Last edited by RRxtar; 03-26-2016 at 08:30 AM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #30917

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
an absolutely incredible eye opener for me was listening to Dr Mark Gordon on the JRE. Hes an endocrinologist specifically talking about helping vets with PTSD and people with traumatic brain injury by correcting their hormone levels, not just test, but all of them. he goes so deep on the subject in such a simple to understand way. its definitely something on my radar now that im into my 30s.

the one that got me thinking on the subject was this one:

Joe Rogan Experience #574 - Dr. Mark Gordon, Matthew Gosney & Jason Hall

Mathew Gosney was a vet who came back from Iraq and was on something like 14 prescriptions. A few months after starting treatment with Mark Gordon, he was down to like 2. Jason Hall wrote American Sniper.

If you listen to that podcast (or youtube) I guarantee you'll be hooked on both the subject, and probably the JRE. Hes been back on the show a few more times and is always full of good info.
Dr Gordon's appearance on JRE is exactly what had me wondering if my issues have been related to the concussion. According to him, it doesn't even have to be a huge impact knocking you out for minutes to cause enough damage to the pituitary gland, or repeated trauma. One shot hitting you just the right way is sometimes all it takes to shut down your pituitary [and thus your balls] or even suppress it.

I don't know if there's an easy way to find out for sure, but I am treating it this way. So far, it has been nothing short of incredible. I have to say, it's practically awe inspiring. And this is just with normal levels of testosterone coming from shit levels; I can imagine how awesome it must feel to do an actual cycle! I've also been able to completely discontinue anxiety meds which I was on for 4 or 5 years

It now feels like there are 3 distinct phases in my life - pre concussion [high school], pre TRT, and post TRT [although this phase has only been a few months, I think the overall change in my life will end up being significant].
Old 03-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #30918
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
skinnypupp is 2013 trtor belfort
Old 03-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #30919

Just finished second week of HST

The quick explanation is: 2 weeks of 15RM, 2 weeks of 10RM, 2 weeks of 5RM, 2 weeks of negs, but you only do the actual RM on the last day of each phase. Each day before that is progressing up to that number

It's still TBT, I just can't make sense of splits, especially if you can only hit the gym 3 days a week.

Anyway just finished week 1, starting 10RM on Monday. Already up to 91.2 kg from 88 kg. I gained a bit of fat [measured 0.5cm at the waist], so I started doing cardio again a few days ago. I guess at 37 you just have to do cardio no matter what, if you're eating. Doing 20 mins of running fasted on off days, and 20 mins on the crosstrainer on workout days.

Will be keeping up the progress as I go along here. Let's revive this thread! I may post progress pics in the BB club.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #30920

The quick explanation is: 2 weeks of 15RM, 2 weeks of 10RM, 2 weeks of 5RM, 2 weeks of negs, but you only do the actual RM on the last day of each phase. Each day before that is progressing up to that number. The constant progression, even though you're not at maximal loads until the last day, supposedly leads to greater hypertrophy. I just like that it's TBT, and mixes things up quite frequently. I just can't make sense of splits, especially if you can only hit the gym 3 days a week.

I set it up so I have a vertical push [bench press], horizontal push [BB press], vertical pull [supinated rows] horizontal pull [chinups], leg push [squats, alternated with hack squats], leg pull [romanian deadlift], and some targeted lifts [leg curl, leg extension, lateral db raise, cable crossover, and of course curls]. Before TRT that is NO FUCKING WAY I could do this volume. I would be able to do an upper body push, a pull, a leg, and that's about it. I'd be dead after, or sometimes before I was even finished. I do have to alternate squats, as I found doing squats near the end of a week after 3x a week lead to fatigue which made the rest of the workout harder. Alternating with [real] hack squats eliminated this.

I'll have to switch some things out to be able to do negs, unless I can find a willing spotter every day.

Anyway just finished week 1, starting 10RM on Monday. Already up to 91.2 kg from 88 kg. I gained a bit of fat [measured 0.5cm at the waist], so I started doing cardio again a few days ago. I guess at 37 you just have to do cardio no matter what, if you're eating. Doing 20 mins of running fasted on off days, and 20 mins on the crosstrainer on workout days.

Will be keeping up the progress as I go along here. Let's revive this thread! I may post progress pics in the BB club.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #30921
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

The quick explanation is: 2 weeks of 15RM, 2 weeks of 10RM, 2 weeks of 5RM, 2 weeks of negs, but you only do the actual RM on the last day of each phase. Each day before that is progressing up to that number. The constant progression, even though you're not at maximal loads until the last day, supposedly leads to greater hypertrophy. I just like that it's TBT, and mixes things up quite frequently. I just can't make sense of splits, especially if you can only hit the gym 3 days a week.

I set it up so I have a vertical push [bench press], horizontal push [BB press], vertical pull [supinated rows] horizontal pull [chinups], leg push [squats, alternated with hack squats], leg pull [romanian deadlift], and some targeted lifts [leg curl, leg extension, lateral db raise, cable crossover, and of course curls]. Before TRT that is NO FUCKING WAY I could do this volume. I would be able to do an upper body push, a pull, a leg, and that's about it. I'd be dead after, or sometimes before I was even finished. I do have to alternate squats, as I found doing squats near the end of a week after 3x a week lead to fatigue which made the rest of the workout harder. Alternating with [real] hack squats eliminated this.

I'll have to switch some things out to be able to do negs, unless I can find a willing spotter every day.

Thanks for sharing dude, inspiring to read.

do you think part of your progress could be partially explained by placebo effect? Say, if you were to hop off, do you think think your mental drive/enhanced self-esteem alone would be enough to help you sustain the progress?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #30922
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post

do you think part of your progress could be partially explained by placebo effect? Say, if you were to hop off, do you think think your mental drive/enhanced self-esteem alone would be enough to help you sustain the progress?
You plan on doping?

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #30923

Quote:

I don't think so, as there is a known physiological effect of testosterone levels... I have been motivated - VERY motivated. My body just can't keep up with the motivation until now.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #30924
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
You plan on doping?
Nah, i'm in my 20s so as far as i'm concerned, there wouldn't be any test to replace lol. My levels are prolly higher than skinny+trt combined

Just looking into TRT for someone I know who i suspect has low test

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:11 PM   #30925

Quote:
Nah, i'm in my 20s so as far as i'm concerned, there wouldn't be any test to replace lol. My levels are prolly higher than skinny+trt combined

Just looking into TRT for someone I know who i suspect has low test
Tell him to get tested, he'll immediately know for sure. Any other questions after that I'll be happy to answer.