REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #4201
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
exactly! the reason she doesnt go is because shes intimidated by the guys and doesnt know what to do.

im trying to get her to join one of the classes at my gym. they have really picked them up in the last couple months. they used to just do spin, now they have about 30 different classes and have started bringing in things like the TRX.

at the same time as this, Ive got another buddy whos wanting to come to the gym and wants me to show him what to do. He really needs to start training as he looks liked hed break in half if he got hit with a pillow. But man, I feel like an elitist douche, but Im not looking forward to breaking up my training to spend time showing someone around for the next 6 months. Especially if they might not be 100% into it or might quit after a few months.
Exactly. Nothing is worse than helping someone only to have them drop off after a month or two. Thats were you just lay it out for them and tell them, that if they want your help, they better be ready to work hard and show up every time otherwise you don't waste your time. I've had it happen to me a couple times and I don't bother anymore, unless they absolutely show me they're committed; I don't bother. If they have a tendency to quit things or generally seem to not be motivated for anything I just tell them no, I may give them a bit of info to start with but I'll leave them to figure out the rest.
Advertisement
Saturn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #4202
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2nr View Post
Exactly. Nothing is worse than helping someone only to have them drop off after a month or two. Thats were you just lay it out for them and tell them, that if they want your help, they better be ready to work hard and show up every time otherwise you don't waste your time. I've had it happen to me a couple times and I don't bother anymore, unless they absolutely show me they're committed; I don't bother. If they have a tendency to quit things or generally seem to not be motivated for anything I just tell them no, I may give them a bit of info to start with but I'll leave them to figure out the rest.
that is why i stopped giving advice to friends who are weekend warriors. at least with clients, a) they are paying you, b) they have made the first step into hiring a pt and dedicated time during the week for training
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #4203
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
im getting more and more friends inquiring about me showing them around in the gym. i should do a PT course and start charging them.

the big problem is everyone who starts at the gym wants to do curls all day and is afraid to lift heavy or squat or deadlift. so if im in the middle of deadlifting heavy and i have to get out of my focus to walk over and show someone the proper form on wrist curls which they insist on doing, im not only ruining my very specific time in the gym, but im also basically pissing away my meal plan, supplements, and gym membership, basically my whole lifestyle. which adds up to alot of time and money per month.

like seriously, it took 3 years to get to where Im at and to learn the things I know. I wasted alot of time, basically a couple years along the way too doing the wrong things. hell, ive only been deadlifting for 10 months. jeffh (my gym partner) is making progress faster than I ever did becaues he had someone to show him around. and that was a year and a half ago when I still hadnt started training the way I do now. that kind of knowledge should be worth something.

or maybe its just the small business owner in me putting a dollar sign on everything.

Last edited by RRxtar; 12-27-2010 at 02:38 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #4204
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

^ that haha

thx bra
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #4205
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Lolol awaiting resolutionist clowns in January.

I have been busy for the past few weeks with Christmas and work and gf and learning to drive standard. No time for gym
Going to kick ass in January. I want 500lb dl by end of 2011
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #4206
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
im getting more and more friends inquiring about me showing them around in the gym. i should do a PT course and start charging them.

the big problem is everyone who starts at the gym wants to do curls all day and is afraid to lift heavy or squat or deadlift. so if im in the middle of deadlifting heavy and i have to get out of my focus to walk over and show someone the proper form on wrist curls which they insist on doing, im not only ruining my very specific time in the gym, but im also basically pissing away my meal plan, supplements, and gym membership, basically my whole lifestyle. which adds up to alot of time and money per month.

like seriously, it took 3 years to get to where Im at and to learn the things I know. I wasted alot of time, basically a couple years along the way too doing the wrong things. hell, ive only been deadlifting for 10 months. jeffh (my gym partner) is making progress faster than I ever did becaues he had someone to show him around. and that was a year and a half ago when I still hadnt started training the way I do now. that kind of knowledge should be worth something.

or maybe its just the small business owner in me putting a dollar sign on everything.
Why don't you just straight up tell them you're not a good teacher?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #4207
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

yo my gym's closed till the 3rd!
and 6 dollar drop ins are starting to build up.... =(
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #4208
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
^^ yeah that is shitty
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #4209
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
took a couple days off for christmas... finally hit the gym today
didn't get as much sleep as i wanted to last night..

did back today

soo fucking exhausted throughout the whole workout, struggling pretty bad while i was DLing

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #4210

my first day back as well
altho the only thing i did over the 5 days off was eat my face off and sleep, so my enegery level was ok, lifts didnt really drop, just didnt have as much motivation as normal
tomorrow tho
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #4211
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Been off since last wed. Went back today to do shoulders and leg. A little rough start. Didn't really get back into the groove into mid workout. Only a 3 day workout week for me. Overall it has been a good year for me. Made some decent gains this year.
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #4212
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkai View Post
yo my gym's closed till the 3rd!
and 6 dollar drop ins are starting to build up.... =(
Try to get a free guest pass for a week. Most gyms offer it. Worst part is sitting thru presentation the first visit.

This bulking since september is taking it's toll on my clothes and my cardio. Don't know how Halo did it. Can't wait til feb to start cutting.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #4213

checked out a new gym today. like 15 real nice squat/power racks. each one can be used as a power rack or can be used with a fully adjustable bench. nice stuff! the big downer tho, is the main part of the gym is upstairs, but only has dumbells to 55 or so. the 55-100lb dumbells are downstairs. kind of stupid to have the breakup like that. also, the deadlift area is in the same spot downstairs, and that spot is right in the middle of a main walkthru area. they do allow chalk tho.

not sure....

the power racks are a HUGE plus for me. but the deadlift/dumbell setup is a huge downer.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #4214

ok at the gym today some little kid was being shown around by the 'personal trainer'

she showed him dumbell shoulder presses and after he did a set with 7.5lbs she said "thats terrific! those are shoulder presses, you can keep it light and you dont need to go heavy on them. shoulders are only used to help other exercises" i. and i saw her showing him leg extensions and other fufu shit. the whole time he was watching the big guys doing real exercises.

fuck it would be so easy to just go up to the kid later and say "forget everything she told you. you want to really learn what this is about?"
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #4215
How I Mod your mother

I forgot how rewarding it feels to get some good deadlifts done
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #4216
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Last workout of the year today......Chest and tri's today
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #4217
How I Mod your mother

Man it seems like everyone's final workout was chest and tris, mine and 3 other buddies did the same thing lol
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #4218
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
ok at the gym today some little kid was being shown around by the 'personal trainer'

she showed him dumbell shoulder presses and after he did a set with 7.5lbs she said "thats terrific! those are shoulder presses, you can keep it light and you dont need to go heavy on them. shoulders are only used to help other exercises" i. and i saw her showing him leg extensions and other fufu shit. the whole time he was watching the big guys doing real exercises.

fuck it would be so easy to just go up to the kid later and say "forget everything she told you. you want to really learn what this is about?"
well, shoulder exercises, are very often done with too much weight.. your delts are not very big muscles in comparison to your chest and back... alot of ppl do very heavy shoulder presses and you have to wonder what other muscle groups are aiding in the movement, ie low back, traps, neck etc..
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #4219
RS Operative (G)

so i am finally motivated to go back to the gym now, with the help of a bio test order lol
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM   #4220
RS Operative (G)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #4221
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
MAN ALIVE
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #4222

i want
Old 12-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #4223
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
how much was it?
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #4224

Last workout of the year:

Incline Bench.. superset with..
Seated Row

Standing Overhead Press.. superset with..
Wide Neutral Grip Pulldowns

Lateral Raises.. superset with..
Straight Arm Pulldowns

Staring at all the pretty girls in the gym for their last workout.. superset with..
Flexing infront of the mirror.

Forgot to weigh myself today but on Wednesday I rang in at 188lbs

Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #4225

incline SS seated row

overhead press SS neutral lat pull down

Reverse Grip Cable Tricep Extension SS seated DB curls

then some ab leg raise thingers

still around 168

but fuck do i feel gut