REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #4301
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
fuck i hate kids at the gym, showing attitude, this is what fists are for
haha,
some many fucking nub kids in the gym today, its ok i just walk up take the weight and do my own shit if the kids are fucking taking a cat nap, it actually pumps me up when the kids are there they usually all turn there head at the same time like they have never seen someone repping 4 plates on deads
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #4302
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
did shoulders today, killed them.
doing that tomorrow with backkkkkkk
Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #4303
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Back and bi's today!
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #4304
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Shoulders and Back today since my week is screwed up.

Did seated cable row but instead of the close neutral grip handle (the normal one) I did wideer palm up grip. Awesome!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #4305
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
had an awesome back day for the first time .. its usually my major weak point ... my lats and lower back are absolutely burning ... awesome feeling.

I got a problem though ... I eat good hearty food (steak and potatoes, chicken breast, bbq chicken (healthy style) etc. etc.) but I still get so tired halfway through my workout. Lately I've been taking 100-200MG of caffeine an hour before my workout, even that doesn't help. What's a good preworkout drink/shake and how before my workout should I take it?

Also my post workout shake is like this - 2 scoops of protein powder (all max, 25 g protein per scoop) + 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter + 1 banana + 2% milk ... what can I improve?

... and is it just me or does working out just make you wanna eat like a fucking madman ... its taking a serious toll on my wallet because I can't possibly pack all the food I'll eat in a day into my backpack lol.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #4306

ya eating is definitely tough. i miss when i used to just have to bring a sandwhich to work. now i have to pack at least 2 full MEALS plus fruit and stuff. you get used to it tho and start to plan simple and easy ways of cooking/eating.

what time do you goto the gym and what do you eat before? how long have you been working out?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #4307
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
ya eating is definitely tough. i miss when i used to just have to bring a sandwhich to work. now i have to pack at least 2 full MEALS plus fruit and stuff. you get used to it tho and start to plan simple and easy ways of cooking/eating.

what time do you goto the gym and what do you eat before? how long have you been working out?
Working out since Sept 2009 but its been on and off a lot. I've just started going again after a huge month long break from it.

I usually eat 2 hours before the gym. I go to the gym around 8 or 9pm if that matters. I try to eat something with complex carbs + protein. For example I'll eat a chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat or a subway sub or anything of that nature.

I'd really like it if there was something I could buy or make and could eat 30 mins before the gym, that way I wouldn't have to plan everything out and I could just have this shake (if it exists) and go to the gym. I don't want extra calories from my preworkout

... anyone tried superpump250? been doing some reading and it seems like its what I'm looking for.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #4308

I take superdump. theres lots and lots and lots of talk about pre-workout drinks in this thread.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #4309
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
haha,
some many fucking nub kids in the gym today, its ok i just walk up take the weight and do my own shit if the kids are fucking taking a cat nap, it actually pumps me up when the kids are there they usually all turn there head at the same time like they have never seen someone repping 4 plates on deads
no but i work at a gym and these kids come in here acting tough, slap the shit out of these little pricks

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #4310
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
no but i work at a gym and these kids come in here acting tough, slap the shit out of these little pricks
What gym? Sounds like you work at a YMCA or something lol
Old 01-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #4311

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I've started taking superpump (thank god I don't get the dumps lol) and I love it. Heard good things about NO-xplode too.

I dunno if it's a mental thing or not, but since taking it I concentrate more and lift more too. Finally started doing biceps curls with 50 and 55's cause of it.

Give it a shot.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #4312
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Just arrived at Sports Central. Decent gym, only a dozen people here. Equipmenmt is good. DBs are all metal plated. Weighted plates are fine as well. Although they're scattered everywhere and its difficult to find lighter plates.

Overall its pretty good here.
Posted via RS Mobile
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #4313

4 eggs, bacon, ham, red pepper, green pepper, cheese scrambled in a toast sammich. omfg i love breakfast
Old 01-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #4314

how do i make the hurt stop?

i need to cut recovery times down.

its 3+ full days of hell after leg day now. i dont mean sort of sore, i mean, i could park in handicap spaces and no one would say anything. its to the point where i dont want to squat heavy because i cant afford to be a cripple for 3 days after. its affecting work.

im open to suggestions
Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #4315
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
how do i make the hurt stop?

i need to cut recovery times down.

its 3+ full days of hell after leg day now. i dont mean sort of sore, i mean, i could park in handicap spaces and no one would say anything. its to the point where i dont want to squat heavy because i cant afford to be a cripple for 3 days after. its affecting work.

im open to suggestions
bcaas bro i take scivation xtend notice a big difference in recovery and lots of stretching before and after working out

no xplode is meh im almost done my container of assault and it still has the same kick from day 1 and im taking the full scoop i have a pretty high tolerance even after a 3 month break

some ppl like white flood i think its good and doesnt contain a creatine up to you if wanna add creatine mono

1mr and razor are probly the strongest ones around atm but i avoid the 1 and 3 d- jack3d would be in this category too but ppl seem to build tolerence to this the fastest and go up 2 3 scoops so 1mr> jack3d

assault is good but pricey contains a good amount of beta alanine and con-creat creatine,

ive tried concreat creatine on its own it works but is pricey.

anyways killed my chest workout yesterday, need to start keeping up wit my log
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #4316

any recommended BCAA's?

superdump > no-xplode. i used to take noxplode but built a tollerance to it real fast.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #4317
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

scivation xtend watermelon hands down

it says 4 scoops but i take 2scoops during and sip 2 scoops throughout the day
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #4318
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
I've started taking superpump (thank god I don't get the dumps lol) and I love it. Heard good things about NO-xplode too.

I dunno if it's a mental thing or not, but since taking it I concentrate more and lift more too. Finally started doing biceps curls with 50 and 55's cause of it.

Give it a shot.
Posted via RS Mobile
dont think u moved up in biceps curls cause of no x plode
Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #4319
RS Operative (G)

i think the best way to recover is it a ton of food after workout and sleep, i am a sleep master so i can recover pretty good, but yeah i know what u mean rrxtar when u are so sore from legs u cant walk the next 5 days.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #4320
RS Operative (G)

when it comes to pre work out drinks there is like 10000000 diff types, everyone is diff how they handle them 2, i carb load hellza and i have some of the best workouts ever
Old 01-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #4321

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
dont think u moved up in biceps curls cause of no x plode
Why do you say that?

Personally I don't think so either, but I guess if taking superpump makes me feel stronger then it probably tricks my body into thinking I am
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #4322

thanks incubus ill check that out
Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #4323
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
any recommended BCAA's?

superdump > no-xplode. i used to take noxplode but built a tollerance to it real fast.
this one is a good price. $11 for 250g. but i don't know how bad shipping would be for kelowna.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ch...ents/bcaa.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Just arrived at Sports Central. Decent gym, only a dozen people here. Equipmenmt is good. DBs are all metal plated. Weighted plates are fine as well. Although they're scattered everywhere and its difficult to find lighter plates.

Overall its pretty good here.
Posted via RS Mobile
i started yesterday. it's not bad. though i haven't been able to find a place to do my reverse hyperextensions. i've done it on normal hyperextension things but don't know if i can do it on the 45 degree one.

they have three squat racks but only three pins...so only one is useable for squats.

i love how they have tires there. i did some sled pushes with the tire and plates. plus i can hopefully use the tires as shock absorbers for doing cleans.

i saw an asian guy yesterday in a white shirt doing cleans. not typical of the average gym goer. anyone here?
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #4324

god damnit stealthfighter!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #4325
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
i started yesterday. it's not bad. though i haven't been able to find a place to do my reverse hyperextensions. i've done it on normal hyperextension things but don't know if i can do it on the 45 degree one.

they have three squat racks but only three pins...so only one is useable for squats.

i love how they have tires there. i did some sled pushes with the tire and plates. plus i can hopefully use the tires as shock absorbers for doing cleans.

i saw an asian guy yesterday in a white shirt doing cleans. not typical of the average gym goer. anyone here?
Unfortunately I missed out on the coupon for one year. Really disappointed in myself for that.

I was working legs today doing squats on the Smith Machine. Let me know if you get a chance to try it. I found that it was awkwardly position incorrectly. Either the floor its on is slanted towards the mirror or slanted slightly on the left side. Kinda bugged me.

A ton of brown people (I was expecting a ton of hongers), but surprisingly they weren't the douchebag ones. Al though I did encounter one guy chatting it up with everyone. Can't complain with a gym this dead though.

Really enjoyed my workout there.

Golds is just way TOO busy now.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote