REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #1026
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
nope
but i like to think i know alot about working out
You can think what you like…doesnt mean its true

I kid i kid
Advertisement
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #1027
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

some of you guys are really light in here. 5'11 & 150? wow....I'm 5'9 210lbs I'm trying to cut down to 200 in the next month. i want to be 200 by next week since I'm going to vegas but thats not going to happen lol.

today i had about 80 carbs. low carbs/no carbs is one of the hardest things I have ever done I would much rather have issues gaining weight then losing!!
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #1028
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

im starting to starting working out again. 2 days a week, 1.5 hours each. should i drink shakes? i dont want to gain fat if i cant use up all the calories.

Last edited by SkippyLang; 06-03-2010 at 10:30 AM.
SkippyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #1029
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atodac View Post
im starting to starting working out again. 2 days a week, 1.5 hours each. should i drink shakes? i dont want to gain fat if i can use up all the calories.

there is no way you'll get fat by drinking protein shakes. especially pre/post workout shakes

Last edited by ws6ta; 06-03-2010 at 03:23 AM.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #1030
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
today i had about 80 carbs. low carbs/no carbs is one of the hardest things I have ever done I would much rather have issues gaining weight then losing!!
i always say that too... wish i had issues gaining instead of losing.

check out this site for low carb foods. some great recipes/ideas to help curb your carb cravings. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #1031
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
there is no way you'll get fat by drinking protein shakes. especially pre/post workout shakes

Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #1032

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
seems like most people are getting on the juice nowadays... what are you guys taking for weight gain? I started working out heavily about 3 months ago, started taking creatine and protein. I was up to 185lbs a few weeks back. then i hurt my shoulder and had to take a few days off and i stopped taking creatine. I'm back at the gym now and only taking protein after working out. I'm down to about 175-180. I'm guessing i lost the water weight from creatine... I'm 5'10, so i wanna get to a solid 190-200. Is there anything I can take to help me get there? I wouldnt mind going on the juice if I had to, but I need to know the right stuff to do for that as well...

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #1033
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
seems like most people are getting on the juice nowadays... what are you guys taking for weight gain? I started working out heavily about 3 months ago, started taking creatine and protein. I was up to 185lbs a few weeks back. then i hurt my shoulder and had to take a few days off and i stopped taking creatine. I'm back at the gym now and only taking protein after working out. I'm down to about 175-180. I'm guessing i lost the water weight from creatine... I'm 5'10, so i wanna get to a solid 190-200. Is there anything I can take to help me get there? I wouldnt mind going on the juice if I had to, but I need to know the right stuff to do for that as well...
dont even think about going on the juice..... take a couple pages back and read what people eat here, dont come on here asking for advice about juice, EAT MORE i can no stress this enough, how old are you? what do u eat in a day, tell us what you eat and i bet you are no were near your goals of weight gain
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #1034

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
i try to eat three solid meals a day. i always have a snack when i'm hungry. i dont eat fast food like burgers or anything, i usually have cereal/fruit in the morning with a bagel, then a good lunch in the afternoon with lots of meat/chicken and a solid dinner...

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #1035
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
i try to eat three solid meals a day. i always have a snack when i'm hungry. i dont eat fast food like burgers or anything, i usually have cereal/fruit in the morning with a bagel, then a good lunch in the afternoon with lots of meat/chicken and a solid dinner...
3 meals a day hahhaha
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #1036
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi View Post
if you lack the proper motivation but want to gain weight, eat mcdonald's for all 3 or your regular meals but make sure your calorie total exceeds 2000 calories minimum at each sitting

they have a nutrition facts sheet that is easy to read and gaining weight is quite easy this way
Yea I think I did that a couple years back but I felt that it harsh killed my cardio so I stopped lol

Also to all you steak eaters out there, where do you buy your steaks and how do you cook them? I've been gettin mine from superstore and just grilling them up to a medium rare? I'm a little skeptical of them though...
Lolkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #1037
RS Veteran

i just made this over the weekend... it's THE most delicious protein shake i've ever made or had. rivals any sort of starbucks blended drink in my books plus it's a whole lot healthier:
- about 1 cup leftover cold coffee (i don't measure i just pour)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- about 1/4 ish cup (organic) coconut milk
- about 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- lots and lots of ice... enough so after it's blended it hasn't all melted away

BLEND and ENJOY!
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #1038
How I Mod your mother

Finally went back to the gym yesterday, I'm surprised that after 3 weeks I havent really lost much strength, if any for that matter..

I still cant go 100% yet though.

Should I start loading up on steak again even if I'm not training at 100%?
Also how often should I be eating steak? A couple of my buddies said just to eat it a few times a week, not everyday?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #1039
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Fuuuck, anybody have any interesting workouts for doing the glamour muscles (e.g. Biceps/Triceps)?

I've been doing squat/dead/bench for awhile now, but am going on vacation at the end of June and decided to focus on the glamour muscles a bit. However, I am finding it entirely boring doing endless curls and skullcrushers.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #1040
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Fuuuck, anybody have any interesting workouts for doing the glamour muscles (e.g. Biceps/Triceps)?

I've been doing squat/dead/bench for awhile now, but am going on vacation at the end of June and decided to focus on the glamour muscles a bit. However, I am finding it entirely boring doing endless curls and skullcrushers.
ohhh triceps are my specialty, its hard to describe some of them
ill scoop some videos up tonight
tip for biceps, do them with back
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #1041
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Yeah I actually do get a slight stomach ache from it but once I'm zoned into my workout I automatically ignore it. As for the crap part, I do get that urge to go just before as well. Dang, I really thought it wasn't much of a concern lol.

As for flavor I'm taking Tropical Punch. Tastes pretty good.
lemonade aint a bad flavor either, theres better stuff out there then super dump

gl wit the recovery

also went wit on optimen vitamins got good reviews same wit gnc megamen apparently, couldnt stand all the pills from animal pac
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #1042
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustful-trance View Post
lemonade aint a bad flavor either, theres better stuff out there then super dump

gl wit the recovery

also went wit on optimen vitamins got good reviews same wit gnc megamen apparently, couldnt stand all the pills from animal pac
the first pills you said are good
Old 06-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #1043

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Ohyeah, I am thinking of adding supplements to my regimine, I currently only use Whey protein and creatine monohydrate.

My goal is to get more muscle definition for my trip,and am going to be going on a cutting phase in about a week. Planning doing more HIIT/tabata and Plyo along with just some maintenance lifting to prevent possible muscle loss, along with Bikram yoga on my off days (i.e. every other day). Diet will be super strict with lean protein and carbs strictly from vegetables and oatmeal.

What readily available supplements would be recommended? That SuperPump stuff looks good to up the intensity of my workouts. Something simple that I can buy at Popeyes, I don't wanna do the whole EC stack hassle.

Thanks!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 06-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #1044
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
raspberry lemonade is real good superdump
Old 06-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #1045
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
ohhh triceps are my specialty, its hard to describe some of them
ill scoop some videos up tonight
tip for biceps, do them with back
If he is trying to build up the biceps and triceps doing them together one day and then do a couple sets of biceps after back and a couple sets of triceps after chest would be a good way to get them to grow a little quicker..
I've been doing that and my arms are growing pretty fast now. They were always my weak point..
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #1046
RS Operative (G)

hey just a quick question to all you fellow work out dudes
i have never done a serious cut and i had a question for once, how much carbs are u guys cutting out, like i started Wednesday last week and i am almost at zero carbs, is that 2 much. i can still workout ok but i do start to have zero energy.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #1047
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

halo if u need the carbs you can use brown rice/wild rice just avoid white flour, im also trying to make my startchy carbs intake minimal, just try replacing with veggies gl man

cuttin is probly one of the hardest things

going through the same thing im walking around 136ish
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #1048

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Bought myself a new present today for completing the 2 last exams I will ever have to write (Hopefully, but not likely). A new iPod touch and the "Gym Buddy" app for recording my workouts. Hopefully this can keep me on track so I can progress a little more then just memorizing. Just completed my first workout with it, and it seems to be pretty simple. I like it.

As for cutting carbs on a cut. I generally try to cut them pretty much right out. the only carbs I get are from veggies, and when I cheat a little, it's generally something with some carbs. Pretty much just try for as much protein as I can get, and pack in the veggies.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #1049
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
hey just a quick question to all you fellow work out dudes
i have never done a serious cut and i had a question for once, how much carbs are u guys cutting out, like i started Wednesday last week and i am almost at zero carbs, is that 2 much. i can still workout ok but i do start to have zero energy.
hey halo just out of curiosity in relation to your question - are you asian?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #1050
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post

hmmm... a simple "You're wrong." and a snippet of the study? i'd like to read the rest of it

you gotta give a better response than that - we're looking to exchange ideas, not shoot each other down here

anyways, what is it that you suggest someone does otherwise?

how do you address the body's utilization of protein? how is consuming less meals advantangous to more meals?