REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #16026
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm just thinking of the mechanics of the knees, and the forced motion of the bar... it doesn't work in my head, but I guess it is fine if you're doing it with presumably pretty heavy weights
i dont go that heavy on legs anymore, so on smith machine like up to 3 plates i know its smith but i am going for like high rep while cutting so i keep the reps pretty high and weight not to high

u know skinny body builder style haha
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #16027
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
90lb flat bench dumbell press >>> 100lb

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #16028
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
sick dude ^^^
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #16029
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Berz is a cross dressing, shirtless terrorist, body building, bowler who builds very rice, very fast drag racing civics..
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #16030
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Haven't posted in awhile again, been pretty lazy lately after i got sick and stopped going gym for 2 weeks then started partying alot. Been killing it lately tho finally hit 315x5 and 335x1 seriously feels amazing.
Benefit6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #16031
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Going to try something different at the gym today.. I am going to EAT before my workout
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #16032
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,421 Times in 918 Posts
My phone fell into a puddle
But at least my weights went up
Gerbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #16033

just had one of my worst workouts every. I don't know if it's from the crappy meal I had for lunch (took a friend for French toast) or not having headphones (this SUCKS worse than I even thought, and to make matters even worse, they play the fucking NEWS during this time, louder than they ever play music), or general lack of sleep (aside from last night I've been getting about 5 to 6 hours a night) but it sucked

Just did squats, bench, and chins. If I can sleep 10 hours tonight, I'm coming back tomorrow with a vengeance.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #16034
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
just had one of my worst workouts every. I don't know if it's from the crappy meal I had for lunch (took a friend for French toast) or not having headphones (this SUCKS worse than I even thought, and to make matters even worse, they play the fucking NEWS during this time, louder than they ever play music), or general lack of sleep (aside from last night I've been getting about 5 to 6 hours a night) but it sucked
I think I might be the only person here that prefers no headphones during workout, tho that means I have to listen to my gyms crappy song selection, lol the worst workout I had was after eating a Costco poutine 2 hours earlier, so yea totally can relate on the crappy pre gym meal

Solid back day yesterday, 1 set 475x2 deadlifts after 3 sets 405x5 deadlifts before moving onto widegrip pullups, barbell rows and pulldowns. My gym recently got new sets of bumper plates, but my only complaint is that they only have 4 45lbs bumper plates, so doing anything more than a 2 plate deadlift you have to mix in the regular 45lbs plates, not sure why, but for some reason that always throws me off a bit, must be a mental thing.

one of my 405x5 raw deadlifts from yesterday, I think this was set #3. Got a way to go to catch up to jimzilla or strykn, but set your goals high right? lol
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #16035

Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #16036
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
90lb flat bench dumbell press >>> 100lb
Legit reps right? All the way down to your chest.

Good job!

Quote:
Going to try something different at the gym today.. I am going to EAT before my workout
I blame the french toast.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #16037
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I think I might be the only person here that prefers no headphones during workout, tho that means I have to listen to my gyms crappy song selection, lol the worst workout I had was after eating a Costco poutine 2 hours earlier, so yea totally can relate on the crappy pre gym meal

Solid back day yesterday, 1 set 475x2 deadlifts after 3 sets 405x5 deadlifts before moving onto widegrip pullups, barbell rows and pulldowns. My gym recently got new sets of bumper plates, but my only complaint is that they only have 4 45lbs bumper plates, so doing anything more than a 2 plate deadlift you have to mix in the regular 45lbs plates, not sure why, but for some reason that always throws me off a bit, must be a mental thing.

one of my 405x5 raw deadlifts from yesterday, I think this was set #3. Got a way to go to catch up to jimzilla or strykn, but set your goals high right? lol
VID-20120411-00009.3GP - YouTube
Nope, I prefer no headphones on. When I'm wired on my pre-workout I actually lose focus when I have music blasted directly into my ears. I usually put them on as I'm resting or grabbing water. Then when I enter my set I pull them out.

Solid lift by the way. What gym is that? And I thought you were bald this whole time haha.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #16038
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Nice pulls 7seven. Not gonna lie I always imagined you were physically bigger

Had a wicked chest workout on Tuesday, was repping out pretty big sets. Went to my local supp store the next day and the guy there happened to have been in the gym at the same time as I was the day before. He asked me if I always push that hard haha I said yep! After a BS chat he ended up giving me a huge discount on all my supplements and threw in a couple t-shirts. I kinda feel like I'm sponsored now
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #16039
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i want free t-shirt =[ my animal shirt still hasnt shipped.. -_-

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #16040
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
What gym is that? And I thought you were bald this whole time haha.
LOL haven't rocked the shaved head since highschool days. It's the gym at Electronic Arts, my buddy works there so he hooked me up with free gym pass and I go train him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
haha yea everyone says that, down from my heaviest of 215, now just 190lbs. I was finding for my work overseas as a private military/security contractor, the extra bulk and muscle was actually a detriment, slowing me down, movements in close quarter situations and flexibility. Way more comfortable at 190ish right now, maybe when I retire I can bulk back up to Vince McMahon old man standards haha.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #16041
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Legit reps right? All the way down to your chest.

Good job!

I blame the french toast.
all the way down bro, i don't do half reps.. out of curiousity, how much are your flat bench presses?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #16042
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post

Had a wicked chest workout on Tuesday, was repping out pretty big sets. Went to my local supp store the next day and the guy there happened to have been in the gym at the same time as I was the day before. He asked me if I always push that hard haha I said yep! After a BS chat he ended up giving me a huge discount on all my supplements and threw in a couple t-shirts. I kinda feel like I'm sponsored now
not as big as you thought, but still pretty big lol, those biceps...

Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #16043
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
100 flat bench is sick. Did you have a spotter? Most I hit was 90 with a spotter on a workout challenge.

7seven: you make 405 DL look easy
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #16044
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I was finding for my work overseas as a private military/security contractor
OT but are you ex-mil or privately trained as a civvy?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #16045
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
First time going to the gym in almost 2 weeks. Other than the hotel "weight" room I haven't lifted anything heavier than penis. I'm scurred. Oh well bring on the DOMS!! OH and now have to reload my creatine as I haven't been taking that either. FML.

Berz out.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #16046
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Im going back to the gym today to slam my shoulders and chest today....been rehabing for a week and a half now....cant take it anymore.

Gonna lift some bitch weights just to get the pump back.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #16047
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
100 flat bench is sick. Did you have a spotter? Most I hit was 90 with a spotter on a workout challenge.

7seven: you make 405 DL look easy
no spotter... and it felt pretty damn good too considering the majority of the guys at the gym press 60's and 70's... I still feel like i could do more though cus my bench press max is 225...

Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #16048
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
no spotter... and it felt pretty damn good too considering the majority of the guys at the gym press 60's and 70's... I still feel like i could do more though cus my bench press max is 225...
Anything 80+ I consider strong, getting into triple digits is "monster" territory. I have only seen 3 maybe 4 guys do it at my gym. My buddy can do 115's on incline no spot. Insane. I can do 100's for a full set flat, 105's 2-3 reps. Doing 95's on incline now but will try for 100's in the next couple weeks.

Unfortunately due to my shoulder injury I can't quite kick up the weight on my own, it's too weak to do the transition of my arms from parallel to elbows out so I need help getting the weight up initially
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #16049
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
I'm back.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #16050
I bringith the lowerballerith

did flat bench dumbell yesterday and got 5 reps with 115 needed help on the last rep>>going for 120 by end of next month>>cant wait
keepz1 is offline   Reply With Quote