REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #15976
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Oh really I was kind of trolling in a way lol

Have fun drinking 4 litres of fluid in a few hours, after downing 2 or 3 protein bars
its only 2
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #15977
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Ah no problem then

Actually I easily drink 2 litres when I work out, I think
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #15978
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Yeah I bought 4 months supply for now for my first Phase of the program.
T NATION | ANACONDA Protocol 1 - EXTREME TRAINING Maximum Growth, Maximum Gains

i hope you're kidding
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #15979
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Did LEGs yesterday....as I cant work on anything thats upper body due to a blood clot in arm....the soreness today is mindboggling.....hurts to sit; walk up/down stairs; god.
but feels good.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #15980
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
JD was the tall white guy?
You mirin'?

I think 1" Pump was next to me trying to deadlift, making a ton of noise slamming the weight like a total phaggot. Next time just tell him to move!
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #15981
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Oh really I was kind of trolling in a way lol

Have fun drinking 4 litres of fluid in a few hours, after downing 2 or 3 protein bars
But the program says I have to buy them, without it the program is useless!

I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm as I don't post often in here or bother to be sarcastic at times.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #15982
I STILL don't get it

Second week using what I think is the hack squat machine. Should my feet be at a neutral position going down like normal squats or further out forward? The foot platform curls upwards so I'm sort of confused. Replacing leg press machine with this for now and see how it goes.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #15983

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
But the program says I have to buy them, without it the program is useless!

I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm as I don't post often in here or bother to be sarcastic at times.
So were you being sarcastic in the first place? Because I don't see how anyone could do the program for 4 weeks without 'assistance'

But I can't remember who here is using steroids/who isn't/who claims to not/etc
Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #15984
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Wow fuck I got some bad news today

Spoiler!
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #15985

Quote:
So were you being sarcastic in the first place? Because I don't see how anyone could do the program for 4 weeks without 'assistance'

But I can't remember who here is using steroids/who isn't/who claims to not/etc
You serious?

Not sure if your still trolling or not.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #15986

If I recall, the plan is to work out 3 times a day for 6 days a week... I don't think it would take long to hit a wall there, but since nobody has posted the actual plan itself, I suppose it wouldn't be entirely possible to say for sure.

For me, I don't see how anyone with a life of any sort could go to the gym 3 times a day, 6 days a week, but that's a whole other issue. i guess some people can do that
Old 04-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #15987
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
The I bodybuilder I did was once a day not 3
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #15988

Unless I'm reading the program completely wrong but you perform each phase to any length of time you want. Each phase contains 5 separate routines for each day, which is 5 days in one week for a single phase. I'm not sure where you're reading 3-times a day, 6 times week. That's insane.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

TESTOSTERONE MUSCLE | The ANACONDA Protocol

Quote:
I,BODYBUILDER Program Overview
The I,BODYBUILDER Program is divided into 5 phases, 4 are body-part specific, and the fifth is a transition program:

PHASE 1 — Shoulders
PHASE 2 — Back
PHASE 3 — Legs
PHASE 4 — Chest
PHASE 5 — Transition

Depending upon your progress, and the areas of weaknesses you need to work on, each phase can last between 2 and 4 weeks. But it's totally up to you when to move on to the next phase.

Regardless of the areas you want to focus on, please follow the order of the phases. In other words, don't skip a phase just because you don't think you need to work on, let's say, shoulders for example. Or don't change the order of the phases to meet your specific priorities.

The reason being, each phase is designed to build on the previous phase. And the overall design is based on providing the very best gains for all problem areas, including arms (which don't have their own phase).

We chose a body-part specialization approach because, if utilized in a comprehensive program, it's one of the most-effective ways to make the largest overall gains. In other words, emphasizing one major body part at a time — without neglecting the rest of the body — will lead to the greatest overall gains by the end of 12 weeks.

We know we've said this so many times, but the program works. We know it because we've tested it.

Anyway, just do what we ask, please, and don't screw up the order. And we mean this in the nicest way. Really.

NOTE: The program is going to be released in stages, with shoulders being first. The rest of the phases will be published over the next 10 weeks, one every two weeks.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #15989

I'm confused now, they must have changed it since it was introduced. Because I was reading the ridiculous hyperbole about how CT was overtrained, then he took Anaconda and was able to work out 3-4 times a day, 6 days a week all of a sudden.. I swear that's what it said! I'll look for it on the site
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #15990

The article has been removed from T-Nation, but I found a cached copy... here's what it said (I shit you not)

Quote:
So, how quickly was Christian pulled out of his overreaching, overtrained, zombie-like funk?
Forget that… How many times did he need to use the ANACONDA™ protocol before he felt recharged?
How about one time !?!
Christian literally used the new ANACONDA™ protocol just one time, and the very next morning he woke up completely pain free. Not only that, he was antsy to go hit the weights. That day, he trained three times, again, pain-free and full of energy each time.
The second day he trained 4 times. And over the following week, he, as well as everyone in the gym, saw huge gains in his physique. His physique was substantially fuller with rounder muscle bellies and even though his body weight had gone up, he was significantly leaner.
Since then, he’s been training 3 and even 4 times per day, 5 and 6 days a week, and loving every minute.
“I’ve gone off the ANACONDA™ preparation several times and failed miserably when training like this. Without the ANACONDA™ mixture, I feel totally vulnerable to the effects of overreaching and inflammation. And my gains, although good, aren’t anything near what I get when using ANACONDA™ Anabolic Load and MAG-10® Anabolic Pulse.
“There’s something else you should know… I make nothing — not one cent — off ANACONDA™ sales. I can’t be bought, anyway. Supplement sales are not my business. I’ll leave that to the formulation geeks like Tim Patterson. I make a great living building muscle — big muscle — on elite-level athletes.

Now I'll look at the program itself, I am curious to see if it is a good program besides the stupid claims they make. The idea of training via the brain is intriguing to me
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #15991

This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #15992
I am Hook'd on RS

Did deadlifts today ! this is the first time Ive done 335x5
and thanks jsilver for recording the video !

D-Ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #15993

Looking for feedback on form?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #15994
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

So this morning i slammed some craze at 6:30am just to find out my gym was on holiday hours. Decided i was too pumped to go back home so i went to Steve Nash. Hustled the girl into a free workout! Pumped that chest bruhs!

I kinda like the gym (on Lougheed). Thinking i might just sign up if the price is right. Cant stand my ghetto dumbbells at my gym right now. Damn steel ones always getting lose!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #15995
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Looking for feedback on form?
yeah feel free...! always looking for advice
D-Ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #15996
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

where do you guys buy ur protein from? online?
dicecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #15997

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ly View Post
yeah feel free...! always looking for advice
I'm jsilver told you this same stuff.. the bar is way too far in front of you, it should be directly over the middle of your foot. About 1" from the shin, but this varies for people. This is especially the case on the lowering part of the rep. Focus on 'dragging' the bar right up your legs, and 'dragging' it back down. You should reach the knees just as they are going back. The bar is almost in front of your toes by the time it hits the ground

The distance caused you to lose a lot of hip drive, and ended up using a lot of lower back. Your short torso does help you out here though, so it's not too bad. If me or someone else with a long torso tried that, our back would probably snap in half

Also after the first lift it kind of stops being a deadlift, as it is bouncing from the floor.. It doesn't seem like much but when you're talking about 330 lbs+ that is a lot of kinetic energy going back up. But that's less a criticism and more a 'personal preference' thing, if you're going for reps
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #15998

He actually did have the bar in the middle of he feet and he did have the drag going. But I do agree completely (Which I missed) with it being not a Deadlift anymore. After the first rep the weight wasn't completely stopped at the bottom or completely "dead." Should have reset his positioning after every rep. From 0:11 was good, then 0:22, 0:25 forms starts to lack.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #15999

Quote:
The article has been removed from T-Nation, but I found a cached copy... here's what it said (I shit you not)

Quote:
So, how quickly was Christian pulled out of his overreaching, overtrained, zombie-like funk?
Forget that… How many times did he need to use the ANACONDA™ protocol before he felt recharged?
How about one time !?!
Christian literally used the new ANACONDA™ protocol just one time, and the very next morning he woke up completely pain free. Not only that, he was antsy to go hit the weights. That day, he trained three times, again, pain-free and full of energy each time.
The second day he trained 4 times. And over the following week, he, as well as everyone in the gym, saw huge gains in his physique. His physique was substantially fuller with rounder muscle bellies and even though his body weight had gone up, he was significantly leaner.
Since then, he’s been training 3 and even 4 times per day, 5 and 6 days a week, and loving every minute.
“I’ve gone off the ANACONDA™ preparation several times and failed miserably when training like this. Without the ANACONDA™ mixture, I feel totally vulnerable to the effects of overreaching and inflammation. And my gains, although good, aren’t anything near what I get when using ANACONDA™ Anabolic Load and MAG-10® Anabolic Pulse.
“There’s something else you should know… I make nothing — not one cent — off ANACONDA™ sales. I can’t be bought, anyway. Supplement sales are not my business. I’ll leave that to the formulation geeks like Tim Patterson. I make a great living building muscle — big muscle — on elite-level athletes.

Now I'll look at the program itself, I am curious to see if it is a good program besides the stupid claims they make. The idea of training via the brain is intriguing to me
Sounds like a marketing scheme. Trolling hard.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #16000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecube View Post
where do you guys buy ur protein from? online?