REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

View Poll Results: How Important/Often Sex In Relationship?
Not Really (1 time every 2-3 mo) 8 2.96%
Somewhat/Once in A While (1 time every mo) 37 13.70%
Often (1-2 time every week) 179 66.30%
Always (1 or 2 times every day) 46 17.04%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

How Important Is Sex In A Relationship?

I guess this question varies from person to person, but a bunch of us were chatting the other night and we have a buddy whos in a long d relationship and he only gets to see her once a year! Yet he still says its ok and he loves her just as much since they started going out. But for some of us, we generally expected it at least once a week if in a committed relationship, sucks to be caught in a dry spell.

I believe sex is really important because it is a bond between two people and you feel a deeper connection with each other. I mean without it, it would almost be the same as being best friends with the opposite sex, it defines the relationship.

So I was wondering what would most of you rate sex in terms of significance in a relationship? And how often would you be satisfied? Please post how long youve been in a relationship too (past or present)

CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
VLS Head Mod

Once a week, that's it ! Lol try 2-3 times a week

I don't see how anyone can be in a ld relationship. Sex, although not the main issue, is a pretty big factor in a relationship.
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
sex is the physical connection in a relationship. we as humans are physical people. therefore we need to have that physical connection in a relationship. something is up with your friend if he's "okay" with seeing her only once a year
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
im showing this thread to my gf lol, i honestly think this is why we fight so much -___- dry spell ftl

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Hopeless Romantic

I think it's really important... Physical attraction as a whole not just particularly sex. Generally in the earlier, more honeymoon stages i'd say it's significantly more frequent as in a daily thing... And gradually turns into a few times a week as time progresses

I honestly find it surprising when couples have sex once a month or less especially if they see each other all the time.
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
If there's no sex in the relationship, then there's gonna be sex outside of it
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
what !nhan said, but its not necessary to fuck every other day lol, i can survive with once a week, 2-3 times a month, but if u expecting me not to fuck and be with you.. good luck lol a boy gotta do what a boy gotta do, sometimes leftonya and rightanya doesnt do the job..
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I wouldn't say it defines the relationship, but it's quite important.

Daily, weekly, monthly ... I don't think the frequency is necessarily indicative of how good the relationship is. That said, if one/both feel unfilled sexually, it will lead to other problems.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Sex is icing on the cake. It's not the cake. Cake tastes crappy if its made purely with icing.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Does sex with my two best buddies count? Lefty and Righty are always there for me when I need them.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
i like sex

But on a more srs note...it is very important in a relationship...but more for the human contact and intimacy. but on the same note, cuddling, kissing, touching, hugging, general affection, kind/caring words, etc are just as important. if you go a while without any diddlin' it really shouldn't matter if you are still having that intimate contact. shit gets in the way, people get sick, work is stressful, etc. but as long as there is still affection, life is peachy
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
Director of RS Cares

For me, sex is a very important part of a relationship. We've been together for almost 2 years and we still have intense sexual attraction for one another--which is how it should be imo. Sex is more than just "sex" for me but it's more or less... "making love." Whether it's firey hot or sweet and sensual. It's about committment, love, passion and more for one another.

Of course, I'm not under the impression that we'll still be RAGING MOTHER FUCKERS when we're 40+ with kids..but that's also our responsibility to keep the fire going in our relationship.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
sex is the physical connection in a relationship. we as humans are physical people. therefore we need to have that physical connection in a relationship. something is up with your friend if he's "okay" with seeing her only once a year
+9000
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
i personally think sex is one of the biggest things in a long-term relationship .. relationships w/o sex are like friendships. without that physical attraction there .. it's doomed to the shitter
i believe it's a way to show your significant other that you really love 'em

my girlfriend thinks i'm lustful and a horndog even though i only bring it up like once a week .. + we only have sex like once/twice month, so i actually get really pissed off when she labels me a horndog. guess she hasn't matured yet
we've been together for two years too .. like wtf gotta show her this thread fersure man
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
No less than once a week, no more than once a day.

Depends how busy we are, but my sex drive goes through the roof if we don't do it at least once a week.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
I STILL don't get it

^^yea all you guys/girls not getting enough intimacy time with your SO, show them this thread and educate them!

I mean most guys want the intimacy with their girls, but seems like there a general stereotype that guys as horndogs automatically if they push for it. Everyone needs to feel loved and appreciated, without physical intimacy in a relationship it seems to further distance people apart. Because sooner or later someone is going to have the feeling of not being wanted, and the longer it is the worst that feeling gets.

First no sex->frustration and confusion towards no physical intimacy-> leads to being distant-> cold/short tempered towards SO and fights, lots of fights -> doomed

At least thats what I came up with from past experience lol

Last edited by CL typeS; 05-12-2012 at 01:02 AM.
CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #17
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm down for 2 times a day everyday but I think 2-3x a week would be the norm. It's very important to me cause you need that physical contact and it helps bring you closer together.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
i believe it's a way to show your significant other that you really love 'em
no, dude.

i can hear your argument now, "you would do it, if you reeeeallly loved me!!"

no wonder she doesn't jump on your disco stick...every girls loves it when her bf begs her and whines at her for sex.

you COULD make a case for "making love", but jumping on her and pounding her like a rabbit until you bust a nut has nothing to do with you "love" for her....its about your "love" for fucking.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
Throw yo paws in da air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL typeS View Post

First no sex->frustration and confusion towards no physical intimacy-> leads to being distant-> cold/short tempered towards SO and fights, lots of fights -> doomed

At least thats what I came up with from past experience lol
this fuckin nails it i would give you 100$ if my gf understands it LOL im literally going thru all those points and im currently in "cold/short tempered .. etc etc "

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 05-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

Every fucking day is the only way to roll.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Attached Images
File Type: png watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png (152.7 KB, 0 views)
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
No less than once a week
This.

Atleast once a week. I would say 2-3 times a week is sufficient. Although everyday would be perfect . If no sex, I would settle for a bj
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
no, dude.

i can hear your argument now, "you would do it, if you reeeeallly loved me!!"

no wonder she doesn't jump on your disco stick...every girls loves it when her bf begs her and whines at her for sex.

you COULD make a case for "making love", but jumping on her and pounding her like a rabbit until you bust a nut has nothing to do with you "love" for her....its about your "love" for fucking.
that's not what i meant, i worded my stuff wrong. i'm not even the one begging for sex; every time she comes over, she's the one who starts grabbing my ass & stuff like that. the only problem is that she's not allowed to come over often. & w/o a bed, she doesn't even think about sex. it'd be exciting if we could in different places though
i mean, how else are you supposed to express your love for the other person? through hugs & kisses? yeah you could, but in a long-term relationship that shit won't work forever

edit - this is literally my conversation with her:

me: how long has it been? like 3 weeks? lol weeeeoooo
her: is that all you care about o m g why can't we be cute and do corny things, not horny omg horndog blah blah
me:

when she's over:

her: kk let's watch a movie
me: k
her: *touchy touchy*
me:

Last edited by pinn3r; 05-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
how else are you supposed to express your love for the other person? through hugs & kisses? yeah you could, but in a long-term relationship that shit won't work forever
oh honey....in a long-term relationship, that is the shit that makes it last forever. you can get sex anywhere at any time from a plethora of places. you can't find someone to give you a sweet kiss, hold you while you cry, a loving hug, or an evening of cuddling.

don't get me wrong...i do think sex is important. i have been is sex-less (or almost sex-less) relationships, and ones full of sex. yes, the ones with sex are miles different...BUT, it wasn't about the sex...it was about the whole package.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #25
Throw yo paws in da air!

i wish my gf understood that i dont want sex ALL the time, but at least 2-3 times a month would be awesome and thus i wouldnt think so much about sex. its the fact that we dont and it turns to be like once-twice every 2 months LOL and it sucks cus then thats all i end up thinking about and then she says its all i think about, but thats cus we never seem to do it so what else am i supposed to think about -__- haha

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
This post thanked by: