REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #2176
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #2177
My homepage has been set to RS

i don't keep up to date with this stuff but what's with nicklodeon and nfl? wtf
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #2178
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Cleveland beats the Steelers. What a rout
of Pittsburgh.

-not surprised by the result. The Steelers were losing games late in the season. They were limping into the Wild card game.

-happy to see the Bills win a playoff game after 25 years.

The Ravens defence and Lamar Jackson played well against Tennessee.

-good to see Lamar finally win a playoff game. Baltimore’s defence stepped up their game.

Good payback for the Ravens after the Titans players stomped on the Ravens logo on their home field during their week 8 game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #2179
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Do you think the Bills would have won if the colts coach went to that Field goal and PAT?
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:06 AM   #2180

Woke up at 2am to watch the Ravens and it paid off big time! Was so nervous, because while they've contained Henry for 3 quarters in both their last 2 games, he went off in the 4th and OT both times and took over. Not this time though!

I don't know if it's this year, but the Titans will implode pretty soon. You can't have a classless goon for a coach and not implode eventually. Maybe if Henry's dominance ends for whatever reason, and Tannehill can't rely on play action so much. Once that happens, all their games will look like today's. And the coach is building a culture of classless trashy attitudes, and it will ruin them if they stop winning.

And yes, Ravens D celebrating on the Titans logo after the game sealing pick has to be one of the greatest cases of justice in NFL history. Just absolutely made them PAY I doubt Vrabel will be out there with his team dancing and wiping their feet on opponents' logos telling their coach to "go coach a game" any time soon

As for the other games, there were a couple good games. Bills vs Colts was exciting and came down to the wire as Rivers played his heart out in what was most likely his last game. Josh Allen is scary at times but he still makes really dumb decisions here and there.

Washington put up a good fight too, and their 3rd or 4th string QB showed so much heart. He just earned himself a backup career for the next 10 years lol

Seattle is just brutal to watch. "Let Russ Cook" was great for about 6 games, but they went back to their old "run, run, pass, punt" playbook. Great game by the Rams and their coach.

Chicago vs NO went as you'd expect. Didn't pay much attention to that one once it was clear the Bears wouldn't be able to score more than one TD.

Finally, great for the Brownies and their fans! After so many decades of suck, and a week of covid issues, things finally went their way. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for the Steelers. It's basically what happened to Baltimore in their first game vs the Steelers this year. Steelers could do NOTHING, but Lamar gave up 4 turnovers and just gave them the game. Without all those turnovers, what would the Browns score be? 14?

Thing is they can still beat the Chiefs if they are healthy. Chiefs and Bills will be heavily favoured, but if the Ravens can play like the Ravens, they will win 9 times out of 10. Believe it or not, since coming back from Covid, Lamar is playing better than he did in his MVP season last year. Better passing, better running, and the team is playing better. Defense is healthy... I just want them to play to their ability!

And if the Browns play to their best ability, they can beat the Chiefs too. Mahomes isn't a world beater this year.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Are we sure this guy is Canadian?

Old 01-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #2182

Bill Belichick is a legend

This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #2183

He's still going!

Do the Steelers really have no leadership at all? I mean they are known as pretty much the dirtiest collection of receivers in the league since the Hines Ward days, but I didn't think someone like Claypool would fall this fast. Even Juju, one of the more beloved Steelers in a long time, has become toxic. Team has to be rotten to the core for this to happen.

Browns player's response

Old 01-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #2184
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^he’s sticking up for his teammate. I don’t see anything wrong with that. What are you going on about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #2185

Talking shit after you lose is pretty lame. Especially when you say "they're going to lose their next game". How does that make you look? You lost to a loser team

And now the Browns finally get their revenge over Juju's trash talking and dancing on logos, something all teams have noticed. And he has the audacity to call them classless

I get it, if you're a fan you don't want to admit when your favourite says some dumb shit. We deal with this with Marcus Peters all the time But he brings it on field every time, and doesn't cry on twitter when he loses and gets called out. Last time Ravens had a teammate like that, the players literally voted to have him removed from the team
Old 01-15-2021, 02:15 PM   #2186
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I’m not a Steelers fan but based on that video I don’t feel he’s doing anything wrong.

That said, I don’t know the prior history of Juju’s antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #2187

Juju would make tik tok videos before every game, dancing and spiking a ball on opponents' logos. They don't take kindly to that, and after he got blasted in (iirc) the Bengals game, it started to come out that it's an issue for people. So Tomlin had him quit, but the stink is already there so players who beat him continue to shit on him.

Not classy in winning? Sure... But he brought it on himself, don't cry about it when you taunt someone and they fight back and you lose.

Same thing happened to the Titans, and I don't even see them talking shit after getting their logo stomped, because they know they brought it on themselves. And they have a classless hack as their coach, so that's pretty impressive!
Old 01-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #2188
RS controls my life!

Go easy on claypool, the dude is only 22 years old lol

imagine being 22, going on a long winning streak as a rookie, having crazy highlights, everyone in the media crowning you as the next megatron or “mapletron”. Juju is the biggest disappointment this year. He was supposed to step up to fill AB’s void on and off the field but instead created this troll culture while not showing up on the field. Its up to Tomlin now to curb this social media non sense.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Go easy on claypool, the dude is only 22 years old lol

imagine being 22, going on a long winning streak as a rookie, having crazy highlights, everyone in the media crowning you as the next megatron or “mapletron”. Juju is the biggest disappointment this year. He was supposed to step up to fill AB’s void on and off the field but instead created this troll culture while not showing up on the field. Its up to Tomlin now to curb this social media non sense.
Oh 100%, which is why I was questioning the leadership of the team, not him so much (though the second video is like... come on man). Juju definitely to a lesser extent, he's just a kid trying to get over on social media.

But when you do that shit, and the team that beats you copies your tik tok dance and tik tok music, eat that humble pie, don't be salty about it Especially when, like you said, your performance on the field wasn't really relevant without AB to take all the top coverage away.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #2190
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Just when you thought lamar wouldn't throw a TD this game Jackson to Johnson 101 yards for the TD.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:29 PM   #2191

Old 01-16-2021, 06:31 PM   #2192

Quote:
I bet on the Ravens, I didn't think the Bills run D could handle Baltimore.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 01-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #2193

All I asked is for the Ravens to play to their full potential.. They do that, they beat anyone.

They don't... well this happens

This reminds me of the Pats game where literally everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I mean Tucker missing 2 FGs? He's done that before, but never under 50 yards.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:54 PM   #2194

Lamar out with a concussion, GG

Hope he gets healthy asap, and I hope they get him a proper passing coordinator to work with Roman next year. Their passing plays are SO BAD, with WRs that constantly make mistakes on their routes and drop passes (though that's been an improvement)
Old 01-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #2195

GG Bills, I'll be cheering for them to win it all. Bills, then anyone but Chiefs.

My wishes for next season

1) Lamar and Ronnie Stanley get healthy

2) Keep Martindale and Roman, but hire someone to draw up proper schemes on passing plays. Lamar plays out of his mind as a passer to overcome his team's shitty schemes. If he was anyone else, he'd be in Nick Foles territory stats.

3) A true WR1 to take some attention off Hollywood and give him some more space and coverage from DBs further down the depth chart

4) Keep the defensive front intact if at all possible. Do everything possible to keep the defense looking as close as possible to this season. They have been amazing in this run.

5) Keep Gus and Dobbins as RB1A 1B

6) Oh and a fucking center who doesn't snap the ball 6 feet over Lamar's head every other game!
Old 01-16-2021, 08:57 PM   #2196

Quote:
GG Bills, I'll be cheering for them to win it all. Bills, then anyone but Chiefs.

My wishes for next season

1) Lamar and Ronnie Stanley get healthy

2) Keep Martindale and Roman, but hire someone to draw up proper schemes on passing plays. Lamar plays out of his mind as a passer to overcome his team's shitty schemes. If he was anyone else, he'd be in Nick Foles territory stats.

3) A true WR1 to take some attention off Hollywood and give him some more space and coverage from DBs further down the depth chart

4) Keep the defensive front intact if at all possible. Do everything possible to keep the defense looking as close as possible to this season. They have been amazing in this run.

5) Keep Gus and Dobbins as RB1A 1B

6) Oh and a fucking center who doesn't snap the ball 6 feet over Lamar's head every other game!
Juju should be FA if he can stop doing stupid shit off the field he's a good add on most teams.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:08 PM   #2197

Maybe, but it feels like Juju without AB is basically another Hollywood. Or maybe they'd make a good combo?

Honestly I was lowkey hoping they'd sign AB. But I guess they didn't want to take the risk. Now watch him go out and get a ring, and get paid next year.

I know Allen Robinson is looking. He liked this tweet

Old 01-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #2198
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Ouch. Mahomes looked Messed up
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:11 PM   #2199
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

What a game! Coach Andy Reid with a gutsy play call on 4th down and inches to get a first down to win the game. He trusted his backup QB to throw a pass to Tyreek Hill. Wow!

The defending champs Chiefs are still alive!

The backup QB played well. What a big run for Henne to help the team get a big first down.

Great game to watch. Huge respect for the Browns. They came a bit short in today’s game.

Baker Mayfield played well save for the interception. Fortunately, the Chief kicker missed a 33 yard field goal from that interception.

In the end, it did not matter.

The Chiefs set a record for hosting the AFC Championship for a third straight season.

Chiefs host the Bills next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-17-2021 at 02:16 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:47 PM   #2200

Henne played fine. Definitely gutsy to throw on 4th and inches though! But that pick, I was literally LOLing... It looked like a kickoff into the end zone

Sucks about Mahomes going down - two of NFL's biggest young stars leaving the game with concussions really sucks.

Browns played well enough to stay close to a Henne backed Chiefs, but let's be real. If Mahomes didn't get injured we'd be looking at a 40 burger against the Browns. Without the toe, maybe 50.