REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #13526
Need my Daily Fix of RS

what would we say is realistic for a westbank in Oakridge?

$1600/sf?

it's not DT but it's one of the busiest hubs in Vancouver west
Advertisement

Last edited by R1CED`; 11-14-2018 at 08:42 PM.
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:44 AM   #13527
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
That is fucking disgusting
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #13528
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
A sad reflection of what this city has become.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #13529
Need my Daily Fix of RS

sorry, what exactly is disgusting about that VIP event clip

they spoke an official language of Canada, no one was urinating/defecating publicly
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #13530
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
she looks a lot better in her ads
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #13531
I STILL don't get it

She doesn't seem too ethical https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theg...ticle30024457/
SilverT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #13532
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Anyone know the pricing of the Kings condo in Toronto. That building looks bougie.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #13533
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Looks like $1500 - 2000/sqft ^

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #13534
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts

they got oakridge on main st
inb4 westgroup drills into aquifer and makes oakridge into a lake.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #13535
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Sounds like build quality in Vancouver is producing another crisis ... like the leaky condo of the 80's.
Having lived through a full envelope restoration at our old building built in the mid 90's, even top notch craftsmanship and materials would have led to the same leaking issues -- as I unserstand the issue was with the building code itself at the time. The building boom, crappy materials and workmanship, really are secondary issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Basically I told the strata to fuck off and if they are going to fine me I am going to fight them to the end lol. They couldn't do a thing and I think I piss off a few resident =D
That's the attitude when you buy into a shared community and tell off those who are supposed to be representing the common interests of ALL residents in your building.

You should probably go through your strata bylaws and suggest updates/revisions -- for the proactive betterment of your community. If its missing something as simple as permissable hours to do renos in there, who knows what else is missing. At my old building, all proposed hours of work were part of the application process so I'm not sure how thorough your council is reviewing these basic pieces of information. Or you could not, and just be a dick about it.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #13536

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Having lived through a full envelope restoration at our old building built in the mid 90's, even top notch craftsmanship and materials would have led to the same leaking issues -- as I unserstand the issue was with the building code itself at the time. The building boom, crappy materials and workmanship, really are secondary issues.
What caused the leaky condo crises was a variety of factors.

But the ultimate root cause of it was this:

The building code was becoming more stringent on energy conservation and building insulation. As a result builders began insulating their buildings more than before. This resulted in less heat escaping through the building envelope and drying the moisture ingress in behind the cladding. This is where you would start to see rot, mold and other building envelope failures common with a "leaky condo".

Put simply: Prior to the leaky condo crises buildings had the same leaking issues, however they lost so much heat through the building envelope that it wasn't a big deal, the heat loss would dry the materials prolonging the issue for decades. Following a building code change to require more air tight, and heat tight buildings, builders continued building with the same construction style except with more insulation which reduced that heat loss through the building envelope. So that moisture would get trapped and no longer got dried by the heat from the inside of the building.

Following the leaky condo crises, buildings are now typically built with what is referred to as a "rain screen". This is a 2 layer system which protects the building from moisture ingress. This is typically a cladding layer, with a strapping layer holding it ~1" off of a moisture barrier type material. The cladding being your primary protection and moisture barrier being your secondary line of defense. Coupling that with a vapour barrier which follows the insulation of a house, you've triple sealed the building from traditional "leaky condo" issues.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 03:17 PM   #13537
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Looks like Coq center is getting a major redevelopment sooner than expected. Phase one starts spring 2019

https://www.tricitynews.com/news/tow...tre-1.23336383
Massive redevelopment envisioned for Coquitlam Centre shopping mall | Daily Hive Vancouver
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #13538
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Yay~! More gridlock along Pinetree and Barnet~!
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #13539
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,142 Times in 386 Posts
Coquitlam center area is already fucked as it is. Yikes!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #13540
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Yay~! More gridlock along Pinetree and Barnet~!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
Coquitlam center area is already fucked as it is. Yikes!
Is it really that bad? I work 10 to 6 to avoid any type of traffic or skytrain jam so I don't really know how bad it is during rush hour. Mostly take Skytrain to work coz the stations are right by where I live and by my work place. Is much better than driving since I can take a nap and not worry about sitting in traffic. There is always a sit as well. Traffic seems decent during weekends though.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #13541

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Skytrain is a gongshow at broadway and commercial

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #13542
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,461 Times in 5,119 Posts
Well isn't everything just peachy keen unicorn lollipops land for you Mr. HappySilp, congratulations!

And to answer your question, yes, you might be shocked to learn it's quite busy at 6-7am when the rest of the world is heading into work. That's why it's called rush hour, ain't no Jackie Chan buddy comedy.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #13543

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well isn't everything just peachy keen unicorn lollipops land for you Mr. HappySilp, congratulations!

And to answer your question, yes, you might be shocked to learn it's quite busy at 6-7am when the rest of the world is heading into work. That's why it's called rush hour, ain't no Jackie Chan buddy comedy.
I try to avoid rush hour thus I changed my work schedule to 10 to 6. I would assume it only takes 1.5 hour max even with traffic? I remember going to Metrotown from Coq center in about 30mins add another 20 to DT that's about and hour. 2 to 3 hours stuck in traffic really sucks. I guess even with the highway it didn't really help.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #13544
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I try to avoid rush hour thus I changed my work schedule to 10 to 6.
You're aware that most of the working population doesn't have that option, right? There's a reason why it's called rush hour.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #13545
I STILL don't get it

I'm looking for some advice regarding collecting my damage deposit. It's been almost two months and my landlord has not returned my deposit. During our inspection of the unit, he noticed a nick on the tub due to the shower rod consistently falling off from normal use. As a matter of fact the rod had come off on it's own the first day I had moved in and heard a bang coming from the washroom. I had tried filling in the nick prior to moving out to the best of my ability. It's clear that he wanted it back to as of new condition. This was a brand new unit and everything else in the unit was returned back in original condition. I'm respectful of how I use my space and had explained to him about the tub. Any idea as to what I can do to move forward with this as we dont see eye to eye? Thanks
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #13546
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
normal for LLs to withhold security deposit for 30-45 days in case you have past dues on utilities

but after 2 months because of a nick in the tub? that's harsh...sorry no advice but good luck
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #13547
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
I'm looking for some advice regarding collecting my damage deposit. It's been almost two months and my landlord has not returned my deposit. During our inspection of the unit, he noticed a nick on the tub due to the shower rod consistently falling off from normal use. As a matter of fact the rod had come off on it's own the first day I had moved in and heard a bang coming from the washroom. I had tried filling in the nick prior to moving out to the best of my ability. It's clear that he wanted it back to as of new condition. This was a brand new unit and everything else in the unit was returned back in original condition. I'm respectful of how I use my space and had explained to him about the tub. Any idea as to what I can do to move forward with this as we dont see eye to eye? Thanks
That repair on the tub should be at most $100. I had a crack in my tub when we bought our place years ago and the developer sent The Tub Doctor out and fixed it like new. Don't even know where the damage was. https://www.thebathtubdoctor.ca/

Even then, for your situation, they can't keep the deposit on wear and tear. That to the tub I would say is wear and tear, things can't be perfect forever.

I would file a grievance with the tenancy board.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/h...rning-deposits
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #13548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You're aware that most of the working population doesn't have that option, right? There's a reason why it's called rush hour.
Never knew it was that bad. At night that place is dead lol. I wonder how this will sit the all the people living there currently since they hate noise and with some many new high raise going up in the next 10 + years the new people moving it will most likely not share their views in terms of noise levels. I also don't there there was any mentions from the city about this ( I only heard about the re-development on my fb feeds). I knew it would always happen but not this early since Brentwood and Lougheed isn't even finish yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
File a complain against the landlord. I also nick my bathtub and accidentally spill some paints on the floor of my unit. When I was selling it I put a carpet over the spot and hope the buyer never find out the nick in the bathtub. Luckily they didn't use any inspector so not my problem anymore lol.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #13549
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
normal for LLs to withhold security deposit for 30-45 days in case you have past dues on utilities

but after 2 months because of a nick in the tub? that's harsh...sorry no advice but good luck
Thanks for the reply. In my case it was a fully furnished unit and included utilities.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:24 PM   #13550
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
That repair on the tub should be at most $100. I had a crack in my tub when we bought our place years ago and the developer sent The Tub Doctor out and fixed it like new. Don't even know where the damage was. https://www.thebathtubdoctor.ca/

Even then, for your situation, they can't keep the deposit on wear and tear. That to the tub I would say is wear and tear, things can't be perfect forever.

I would file a grievance with the tenancy board.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/h...rning-deposits
That's great information and I will likely file a dispute. He doesn't want to budge at all. Also internet was supposed to be included as part of the rent. Likely a free trial period was provided to him as it was a new unit but had run out 3 months into the rental. I had been paying out of pocket for it due to needing it for work.and personal immediately. At first I didnt care too much about paying out of pocket but will request the return of my internet cost as well from the dispute.