REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #13451
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
If BOC listens to the advice financial market is telling it - we may see a slower hike back to 6% prime the next 3 years. If it's faster...then the real estate + banking sector will be in a world of hurt taking everyone else along with it.
The BOC only has one responsibility and that's the value of $CDN by controlling inflation. What it does to Joe Blow is none of their concern. Harsh but that's the reality and the government has no control over the BOC.
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2018, 03:25 PM   #13452
RS controls my life!

few new projects in Surrey coming up in Jan from smaller developers. Highrise concrete / mid level finishings.
$750-800/ft start.

Those who picked up UD and One Central at $1000/ft, beware! Esp One Central without AC...going to be tough to assign at that price range without Central AC IMO.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #13453
RS controls my life!

People are hardcore camping outside for Polygon's new Sophora at Park. Better making $100K sitting for a week than hustling sneakers or iPhones right? Sat noon 12pm madness starts.

New openings projects this week
RICHMOND
Galleria by Concord Pacific nice building 4-5 I believe. Highrise 4 gated community buildings surrounding inner court yard. VIP event today - 12-4pm. Champagne and few $3K draws.

Paramount Keltic Development
Across from Richmond Center 4 towers. Slick gold embroidered looking building. Business commercial units mixed residential simliar to ORA TNT by Olympic OVAL.
$400K start...for 380ft studios. Smart marketing.

Atmosphere
Giant piece of land across from Lansdowne - coming 2019. Expect $1100/ft.
10+ towers.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #13454
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
When did it go back to first come first serve

i thought its a 'draw'

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #13455
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Wow. Whats the prices like at Sophora.
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #13456
My homepage has been set to RS

I thought the market slowed down
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #13457
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

$1100sq ft for Richmond? You can buy brand new in person condos right now near DT.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #13458
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
People are hardcore camping outside for Polygon's new Sophora at Park. Better making $100K sitting for a week than hustling sneakers or iPhones right? Sat noon 12pm madness starts.

New openings projects this week
RICHMOND
Galleria by Concord Pacific nice building 4-5 I believe. Highrise 4 gated community buildings surrounding inner court yard. VIP event today - 12-4pm. Champagne and few $3K draws.

Paramount Keltic Development
Across from Richmond Center 4 towers. Slick gold embroidered looking building. Business commercial units mixed residential simliar to ORA TNT by Olympic OVAL.
$400K start...for 380ft studios. Smart marketing.

Atmosphere
Giant piece of land across from Lansdowne - coming 2019. Expect $1100/ft.
10+ towers.
People need to look at the location of Sophora at Park.The location is pretty close to a library and near a Chinese supermarket. But that Chinese mall doesn't much in it other than a supermarket and a restaurant and a pretty crappy food court. If you want to go Coq center is still like a few blocks away. That area does get really quiet at night. I live right across the street from it. Is a decent location and I advice people DO NOT GET ANY UNITS WEST. There is literally nothing in that area that will block the sun going straight into your unit if you buy a west facing unit.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #13459
Need my Daily Fix of RS

people said the same thing about Crystal Mall...a ghost town for the first few years

I think having a park and NOT having anything block your sunset view is a pro, not a con

steps from skytrain stn makes it a good location

still boggles my mind people would line up for coquitlam pre-sales though
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #13460
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Happyslip seems to be the only one worried about those westerly facing views..the time when the sunset is really peircing is really only that “golden hour” when it’s amplified in the summer. Other than that if you have AC or even just blinds it’s fine
Old 11-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #13461
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CED` View Post
people said the same thing about Crystal Mall...a ghost town for the first few years

I think having a park and NOT having anything block your sunset view is a pro, not a con

That mall is been around for well over 20 years. I think even the supermarket inside was sold several times as well. Crystal mall is successful because there are lot's of Chinese in Burnaby. In Coq there are not as much Chinese (More Koreans I think). There is a lot to be said about that mall as well, the escalator to the 2nd floor (food court and the restaurant) haven been out of service for more than a month and is still not fix.

The west side does not face a park it face more apartments (the one I am living is one of them). So there aren't any view on the west side. If you want a decent view East or South is decent. North isn't too bad either.

One thing I will say though that area is good for investment lots of students willing to rent there (near Douglas college, supermarket, a few good restaurants, near highway) easily one bedroom you can rent out for 1600 + per month.

I been to a few open house with a unit facing west in that area. Even with the A/C on is way too hot, unless is central A/C then by all the means leave the A/C on 24/7 during summer. Even now my unit face south is still around 22 to 23 degree in the day time and around 20 at night.

Edit: Went to a unit for open house facing west the seller actually drops his price form 629k to 600k and then to 598k and still no buyer. That was back in July/Aug when it is the hottest.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 11-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #13462
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
edit: RS ate my response
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #13463
Need my Daily Fix of RS

nevermind, the address I looked up earlier was just the sales office
why do you say there's nothing blocking its west-facing units? you're across the street but in a low-rise?
still splitting hairs though...very close to the community center/major mall complex/skytrain/high school

Last edited by R1CED`; 11-02-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #13464
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
That mall is been around for well over 20 years. I think even the supermarket inside was sold several times as well. Crystal mall is successful because there are lot's of Chinese in Burnaby. In Coq there are not as much Chinese (More Koreans I think). There is a lot to be said about that mall as well, the escalator to the 2nd floor (food court and the restaurant) haven been out of service for more than a month and is still not fix.

The west side does not face a park it face more apartments (the one I am living is one of them). So there aren't any view on the west side. If you want a decent view East or South is decent. North isn't too bad either.

One thing I will say though that area is good for investment lots of students willing to rent there (near Douglas college, supermarket, a few good restaurants, near highway) easily one bedroom you can rent out for 1600 + per month.

I been to a few open house with a unit facing west in that area. Even with the A/C on is way too hot, unless is central A/C then by all the means leave the A/C on 24/7 during summer. Even now my unit face south is still around 22 to 23 degree in the day time and around 20 at night.

Edit: Went to a unit for open house facing west the seller actually drops his price form 629k to 600k and then to 598k and still no buyer. That was back in July/Aug when it is the hottest.

isn't that the location for the new Onni project?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #13465

^^ I meant is area that area. I will draw a better map.....

Those are the only two area that's near the skytrain station that's empty now. There are more lad farther away into the East side with a ton of apartments going up (pass Glen Park on Lincoln Ave and Pipeline RS and Windsor Gate) If the development is not in either of the circle then it will be really far away from the Skytrain and Coq center (I would say is 15min walk). The apartments in that area is not as dense as in Burnaby or Vancouver so even though there are a few there already there isn't anything to block your view

Here is a few pics I took with my phone just now. I am on the 25th floor btw.

Looks like I was right it was the original circle I draw
https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/sophora-at-the-park#map

The area is nice. Some small restaurant/supermarket/coffee shop literally 2mins away from my building. The only catch is almost 99% of the street parking is paid unless you park at Coq center. It tends to be really quiet at night(after 9pm) Very few people and restaurant tends to close early too.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 11-02-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:38 PM   #13466
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

New borrowing is back to 1983 levels.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...st-in-35-years

Quote:
Households in Canada are amassing debt at the slowest pace in three and a half decades.

Total household credit was up just 3.6 percent in September from the previous year, the slowest annual growth since 1983, according to data released Friday by the Bank of Canada. That’s a marked slowdown from 5.8 percent in the middle of last year, and less than half the 8.1 percent historical average. The amount of household credit outstanding, including consumer credit and residential mortgages, is now C$2.15 trillion ($1.64 trillion).

Debt Binge Easing
Canadian household credit hasn't grown this slowly since 1983

Source: Bank of Canada, Bloomberg Calculations

With borrowing costs now at the highest level in a decade, the slowdown makes sense as the Bank of Canada has raised interest rates five times since July of last year. Still, the deceleration of household debt accumulation is on policy makers’ radar since it provides some indication as to the extent to which Canadians can shoulder further rate hikes.
The slowdown is largely driven by mortgage debt, which is up just 3.4 percent from a year earlier, the smallest increase since 2001.
Recently, Poloz reiterated his goal of a neutral rate in the next 18 months. That's around 3%. From there, who knows what the economy will be doing in 2020. He'll likely crank it past 3% because that's still half way from a normal interest rate.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:43 PM   #13467
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
It's really quiet in that area because the some of residents are quite vocal about noise.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but if there are noise issues outside of permitted times, phone calls would be made and warnings/tickets would be given out.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #13468

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
It's really quiet in that area because the some of residents are quite vocal about noise.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but if there are noise issues outside of permitted times, phone calls would be made and warnings/tickets would be given out.
You do have a point when I was doing reno for my apartment (strata approve it already). I was replacing hardwood floor on Sat. Started around 10:30am and I got 3 complains about noise lol. Basically I was going to get fine but I went to one of the meetings and pointed out that in the Strata bylaw there are no guidelines about when reno have to do start/end so if there are no rules it means I could literally do the reno work at mid night if I wanted to. Also if the starta bylaw is going by the city of coquitlam then reno can be done on Sat between 9am to 5pm.

Basically I told the strata to fuck off and if they are going to fine me I am going to fight them to the end lol. They couldn't do a thing and I think I piss off a few resident =D
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #13469
Need my Daily Fix of RS

nice apt Happy and thanks for taking the time to post more info

can't believe people give you crap about living at home, making fun of your choices to save etc

as if they know your exact background, income, personal lifestyle

haters are like the best form of flattery
Old 11-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #13470

Quote:
nice apt Happy and thanks for taking the time to post more info

can't believe people give you crap about living at home, making fun of your choices to save etc

as if they know your exact background, income, personal lifestyle

haters are like the best form of flattery
I am just happy I don't have to get a mortgage and got in the market at the right time(just luck). If I waited a year I don't think I would have gotten so lucky.

Honestly it makes no sense to keep a one bedroom apartment around Metro when i can get a 2 bedroom near Edmonds/Coq Center that's a few years old. The only think I miss central conditioning. Apartments around Edmonds are older but are also much bigger. Downside is that the it is not running a gas stove, there are no supermarket/restaurant nearby. Coq center area have everything but is a 30 to 40min extra travel time.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #13471
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

Probably paid for by the marketer to drum up interest.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2018, 11:36 PM   #13472
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
Probably paid for by the marketer to drum up interest.
Yeah, I still remember seeing all those Craigslist posts where they'd hire people for X amount to just stand in line. Even remember seeing posts on Facebook where they asked their friends to PM them if they were interested in making X amount for a 'few hours' of standing around.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:52 AM   #13473
Need my Daily Fix of RS

would think petty crime is slightly worse in Edmunds than other Burnaby areas...can't speak for Coq Centre as I'm only really there during the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Honestly it makes no sense to keep a one bedroom apartment around Metro when i can get a 2 bedroom near Edmonds/Coq Center that's a few years old. The only think I miss central conditioning. Apartments around Edmonds are older but are also much bigger. Downside is that the it is not running a gas stove, there are no supermarket/restaurant nearby. Coq center area have everything but is a 30 to 40min extra travel time.

they don't even have to hire anyone, just sent up a tent and some lawn chairs outside the sales office

let's shut up, giving these dirty developers too many ideas

Old 11-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #13474
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
A friend has been listing at Highgate Esprit Building for the last 3 months. Listed for $699k 2 BR 2 BA 849 Sqft. Highest floor + 2 parking spots. Apparently highest offer so far was $580k. Would it be a good buy at $600k :thinking:

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #13475
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acurapinoy View Post
Wow. Whats the prices like at Sophora.
About $590K for 780 (A Plan) to start

Realistically units are $650K for 800ft + parking. Not bad for new Polygon highrise with design and etc. Comparable in area are that if not higher so this is a first reasonable deal for presales in area from a major developer (obviously sensing some hesitation and slowdown in RE sector)