REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:16 PM   #19501
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Honestly some of them are pretty dope if I was a 23 year old buying solo, but at 23 I had -$5000, so they are definitely out of the price range at 400k.
Like these are the places a young decent earning couple would be looking at. It’s fucked.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #19502
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
https://www.rew.ca/properties/361124...t-vancouver-bc

This one for $422k seemed not bad at all then I checked the map and saw where it was.....HELL NAH.

Edit: Love the opening description: "Welcome to SEQUEL 138—a modern + affordable condo in the heart of it all! This is a RARE OPPORTUNITY to own a Vancouver address for under $425K and is a MUST-SEE!"

Last edited by supafamous; 10-15-2021 at 02:42 PM.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2021, 03:23 PM   #19503
My homepage has been set to RS

It is definitely in the heart of something lol!

Imagine what fun you will have walking to the local grocery store and your favorite coffee shops as you step over drug addicted bodies. Listen at night as EMT's try to revive overdosed victims over the sounds of wailing sirens and screaming.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #19504
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
C'mon guys.

"Gated complex for peace of mind" This should lead to a bidding war!
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:06 PM   #19505
I STILL don't get it

The grand entrance to this gated complex features a vibrant street bazaar, community library, and a variety of services just steps away.

ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:06 PM   #19506
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^Even driving by with my car doors locked in broad daylight I feel a bit scared. Scared some stupid fuck would fuck up my car while in traffic. That area has gotten so bad it's ridiculous. When I was a kid I use to go to Chinatown for my family doctor, still relatively tolerable (now it's insane with the amount of homeless people).
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2021, 09:28 PM   #19507
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
No need for a car because it will probably be stolen in a month.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2021, 10:01 PM   #19508
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjGoku69 View Post
The grand entrance to this gated complex features a vibrant street bazaar, community library, and a variety of services just steps away.

If you're ever feeling unsafe you can just go into the WorkBC because ain't nobody in that area would dare going in there.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:12 AM   #19509

I vaguely remember this was mentioned sometime awhile back with one or some of you guys.

The scenario is, I am currently living at my parents house and I bought a presale that I am taking possession next month. The new home will be my principal residence; however, I'm trying to avoid changing all my documentation to the new address as it's just a hassle. I am getting married next year, so I am going to be looking for bigger space in say 2-3 years time. Also when I ship things, it's easier to ship it to parents house as there is someone home to receive it. I vaguely remember it caused some property identification issues down the road between principal residence and capital gains when you decide to sell the property if I left most of my documents still using parents house.

Does having Utilities/Telecommunication/Property tax good enough to prove it's my principal residence? I don't wanna get some audit down the road and then get buttfucked over such a small thing. I'm not here trying to evade anything, I just don't wanna deal with changing things left and right if I can avoid doing so.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:30 AM   #19510
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Does having Utilities/Telecommunication/Property tax good enough to prove it's my principal residence?
Bottom line. No.

Telecom/Utilities you could be paying while renting it out. Property tax means nothing as you'd have to pay that.

I can't guarantee the minimum that you would want to change, but I will say I didn't quite change everything either when I first moved out, as I had the same problem as you, I work out of town 3+ weeks out of each month, and didn't want tons of mail and shit going to my new place in case something important came.

I'd imagine drivers license, CRA, banks, etc. would be enough. Drivers license and CRA are obvious. Bank you will have to change as your notary or lawyer will require MTG information when you close, and they will have to get your home insurance policy as well, which on that home insurance policy you will have to indicate whether you live at the property or are renting it, as rental properties cost more to insure.

EDIT: For shipping, that parts easy, amazon doesnt give a shit, they will ship wherever you tell them, and most other sites you can ship to a different address than your billing address.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2021, 07:29 AM   #19511

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
I vaguely remember this was mentioned sometime awhile back with one or some of you guys.

The scenario is, I am currently living at my parents house and I bought a presale that I am taking possession next month. The new home will be my principal residence; however, I'm trying to avoid changing all my documentation to the new address as it's just a hassle. I am getting married next year, so I am going to be looking for bigger space in say 2-3 years time. Also when I ship things, it's easier to ship it to parents house as there is someone home to receive it. I vaguely remember it caused some property identification issues down the road between principal residence and capital gains when you decide to sell the property if I left most of my documents still using parents house.

Does having Utilities/Telecommunication/Property tax good enough to prove it's my principal residence? I don't wanna get some audit down the road and then get buttfucked over such a small thing. I'm not here trying to evade anything, I just don't wanna deal with changing things left and right if I can avoid doing so.
On top of bills in your name at the new address, you'll need a primary document (either DL or CRA NOA) that has that address to prove its your PR.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #19512

3223 E 27th Ave is now listed for $1.838M after selling in Sep 2020 for $1.485M. Good luck to them. I remember this listing as it was up for quite a while, then listed as available for rent after sale. No suite makes me think this'll be a tough sale at that price, but who knows. They haven't updated anything since the last sale.

Old 10-16-2021, 10:39 PM   #19513
I STILL don't get it

CBC Marketplace has a new video about shady real estate agent practices.

Canadian "standard" commission is 5% of the list price, but other countries have a 2% list price.
There are some pretty slimy agents out there...

ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #19514
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjGoku69 View Post
CBC Marketplace has a new video about shady real estate agent practices.

Canadian "standard" commission is 5% of the list price, but other countries have a 2% list price.
There are some pretty slimy agents out there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBvRe0Jv68
saw this and 2 things came to mind:

Spoiler!

serious note, would love to see this industry clamped down with gov oversight, i don't know about letting them govern themselves. they put their hand in the pot of EGBC, and while you can argue engineer work is life/public safety, i'd say shady/greasy deals and the housing/affordability market the way it is now, can't tell me this industry had no play in it.
IMO also affects the public interest, my 2 cents

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:20 AM   #19515

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Quote:
^Even driving by with my car doors locked in broad daylight I feel a bit scared. Scared some stupid fuck would fuck up my car while in traffic. That area has gotten so bad it's ridiculous. When I was a kid I use to go to Chinatown for my family doctor, still relatively tolerable (now it's insane with the amount of homeless people).
Yeah, I was wondering if it was just me, but the last time I was down there, it seemed worst. Like way more people and way dirtier.

I used to volunteer at a shelter there in college and I would park my dad's BMW right outside on the street ok Hastings and I didn't think twice. Then again I was pretty aloof back then relatively.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #19516

My mom got an audit from the empty homes tax.
She needed to show utility bills in her name, internet and cable bill, and a banking document.

I think the reasoning is if there's utility usage and internet, there's obviously someone living there.

It was relatively a painless process.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:40 AM   #19517

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
She needed to show utility bills in her name, internet and cable bill, and a banking document.

I think the reasoning is if there's utility usage and internet, there's obviously someone living there.

It was relatively a painless process.
That's helpful to know, thanks. I'm one of those people who hasn't lived with my parents for a while, but haven't changed my long-term account addresses from my parents' (except for things that mattered, e.g. insurance, driver's license), as it was just easier not to change it. Guess I should get around to changing my banking address on an account or two.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #19518
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
I’m in the same boat, all my addresses except cable and utilities are still my parents house even tho I haven’t lived with them for 17 years… just easier for me with packages and billing address etc…

But it’s causing me a lot of grief now with CRA not believing that I’ve been in my current condo for the last 10 years. I have a feeling it’s going to have to come down to getting written statements from neighbours and caretaker etc.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:24 PM   #19519
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
saw this and 2 things came to mind:

serious note, would love to see this industry clamped down with gov oversight, i don't know about letting them govern themselves. they put their hand in the pot of EGBC, and while you can argue engineer work is life/public safety, i'd say shady/greasy deals and the housing/affordability market the way it is now, can't tell me this industry had no play in it.
IMO also affects the public interest, my 2 cents
As of this August the new regulators is BCFSA. Government appointed members. Real estate council of BC and office of the superintendent of real estate no longer overseas regulations. I guess only time will tell if this really works
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2021, 03:47 PM   #19520
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

But it’s causing me a lot of grief now with CRA not believing that I’ve been in my current condo for the last 10 years.

Now those are some srs first world problems

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:48 PM   #19521

Is there a website that lists all of the pre-sales coming up in GVR?
Old 10-17-2021, 08:49 PM   #19522

my mortgage is coming up shortly, what rates is everyone getting recently? Probably looking at 5 year variable.
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:58 PM   #19523
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
stupid question but is it allowed by the city and province to keep a garage or room as the landlord while renting out rest of the 2ndary residence?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:03 PM   #19524

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
my mortgage is coming up shortly, what rates is everyone getting recently? Probably looking at 5 year variable.
I got 1.20 5-year variable with TD recently
Old 10-17-2021, 10:10 PM   #19525

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
stupid question but is it allowed by the city and province to keep a garage or room as the landlord while renting out rest of the 2ndary residence?
In context of the Empty Homes Tax? That's fine. As long as someone's living there more than 6 months out of the year, you can exclude specific spaces as you wish.

(I'm renting out my house minus the basement suite and garage.)