REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #19701
in the butt

Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,194 Posts
Sensitive situation, not naming the buildings, strata "should" have the information in the documents

Then again, documents might not be listed, insurance would skyrocket, and values of current ownerd would decrease

That said, i would still buy in the buildings, its a 5k special levy at max per unit. Pocket change in the grand scheme of things. Unless your lucky enough to get flooded...... Maybe not. Only 2 units had dehumidifiers, so im assuming damage is minimal so far
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #19702
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
These the Avalon developments by the Save-on-foods side that have issues?
I live in the Avalon building and nothing came from Strata regarding the manifolds but I should double check just in case

The newest occupied developement around Save-on is the new Quartet part of the Town Center builds. Avalon3 and Mode isn't done yet.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:14 PM   #19703
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
So far I have changed the address to my new place for the following:

- Drivers license
- BC health card
- I updated one of my bank accounts to the new address as I have more than one bank but seems repetitive to change all my banks to new address. The bank I'm using for my mortgage is changed to the new address.
- BC Hydro is set up with new address
- Internet is set up with new address
- ICBC insurance (will need to do this when I have time to go into autoplan broker)

Only thing left is with my employer and also CRA. I'm assuming I should change these two as well since it pertains to tax filings? Anything else I may have missed that's vital?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:55 PM   #19704
in the butt

CFO, banking accounts, autoplan, drivers licence, amazon, strata contact, renters contact, CRA, employer, doctor, dentist, bchydro, phone, internet, property taxes/utilities, tax guy, insurance policies, rrsp,
Bcassesment, financial investments, phone, subscriptions, worksafe

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2021, 08:26 PM   #19705
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,053 Posts
So running into an issue where ppl are letting their dogs shit on the grass and not cleaning up. How useful is it to put signs up? What else can I do?
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:39 PM   #19706

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
So running into an issue where ppl are letting their dogs shit on the grass and not cleaning up. How useful is it to put signs up? What else can I do?
Take picture of them being irresponsible and then print it out. Mail it around the neighborhood LOL. That'll teach them to do the right thing next time lmao.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2021, 11:36 PM   #19707
in the butt

Take their shit, and put it on their hood

This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 06:17 AM   #19708
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,212 Times in 7,179 Posts
Take their shit, and put it on their head.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 08:14 AM   #19709
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
As a dog-owner myself, nothing more annoying than idiot dog owners who let their dogs eliminate on other's property. Like you can clearly tell some people put in a lot of effort to take care of their lawn/garden and these idiots don't give a shit.

I'd recommend buying a sign, but buy a sign that at least comes up to human waist level. The ones where it sits right above ground might not even be seen since these idiots are probably not even paying attention. I've seen some people put gravel with larger stones on top to create a perimeter on their property. Or, you can try putting a small wooden fence (6-inch height?) around the perimeter. None of these solutions are bullet proof but its makes it more obvious that you don't want dogs eliminating on your property. The best deterrent I've seen is a motion-sensor speaker where if you step on their lawn, the speaker keeps shouting "You are trespassing" in high volume until you step off.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:17 AM   #19710
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,835 Times in 2,515 Posts
try looking online for safe/organic ways to deter them for shitting in the same spot as it's not the dogs' fault. smells that they won't like to sniff & shit there.

maybe coffee grinds or vinegar, but the vinegar will make your grass go yellow and/or kill the grass.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #19711
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,058 Times in 1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
As a dog-owner myself, nothing more annoying than idiot dog owners who let their dogs eliminate on other's property. Like you can clearly tell some people put in a lot of effort to take care of their lawn/garden and these idiots don't give a shit.
As a dog owner, how do you feel about other owners who don't leash their doggies in public. It is a bylaw, is it not that all doggies are to be leashed in public places except designated unleashed areas? Every owner thinks their doggie is the exception, they are so gentle, they will never lose control ....
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:39 AM   #19712
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
As a dog owner, how do you feel about other owners who don't leash their doggies in public. It is a bylaw, is it not that all doggies are to be leashed in public places except designated unleashed areas? Every owner thinks their doggie is the exception, they are so gentle, they will never lose control ....
It's pretty obvious - if it's not an off-leash area or out in the forest with, have your pet on a leash.

It's common courtesy that sadly isn't so common anymore.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:08 AM   #19713
RS controls my life!

I personally have no problem with dogs off-leash as long as they demonstrate reliable obedience (recall under heavy distraction for example) and they are trained not to approach other dogs or humans without an explicit permission/invitation. It takes a huge amount of effort and time to get to that level of reliability and most off-leash dogs that I encounter should not have earned that privilege.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 12:06 PM   #19714
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,970 Times in 3,898 Posts
imo if the dog is really well behaved enough they're staying so close to you that the leash is slack anyways.

I love dogs but it seems like the majority of owners are idiots who have no clue how to train them or how to read their behavior.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #19715

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Absolutely hate it because if that dog runs up to my dog I promise you we have a dog fight and unless your dog is sizeable 70+ pounds it's probably taking the brunt, one of my dogs is a complete predator. I can't stand idiots that are yelling from 20 feet away don't worry he's friendly........fuck you my dog might not be.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:29 PM   #19716
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Nothing bugs me more than irresponsible/ignorant dog owners especially not picking up after their dogs. It comes down to just being lazy. If you don't have a bag just ask a nearby fellow owner or just come back outside with one. It's not that fucking hard.

Quote:
My dog is 60/40 on-leash/off. When he's off leash we're by ourselves and if there's a distraction It's either recall with treats or back onto leash. He got attacked at age 1 and since then he's went from happy go lucky to reactive/predator. What bugs me is when people walk right up with their high energy dog (which my dog hates) thinking it's ok then get all butthurt when my dog reacts. Well fuck not every dog likes each other at first meet much like us humans. I'm sure lots of us meet some people and either don't care or want to punch that person in the face so why would dogs be any different?

If you're dog is offleash one should automatically assume all responsibility and accept all consequences and not blame the other dog

Last edited by 6thGear.; 11-21-2021 at 01:37 PM.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 02:23 PM   #19717
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,091 Times in 563 Posts
My dog is off-leash in my neighbourhood only (ie walking the dog from my house). Anywhere else he is on his leash (ie when we take the car to go out).

He was on leash when we first got him. But after walking the same route over and over again over a month or two, and meeting all the neighbours, their pets etc etc. You can tell he is comfortable and now I just walk him without any leash (leash is still in my pocket though). So far so good, plus everyone around is so friendly lolol.

My wife will walk him to drop off/pick up my kids from elementary without a leash all the time... All the kids love him too, so yea...

I think it really depends on the dog too, just like people. Some are mild and out going, others might not...

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #19718

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I should probably edit my response, if you can recall your dog without it running up to other dogs I don't care if you walk it off leash.

My issue is with the people who do what I indicated, I've had that happen in the past it's annoying. One of my dogs would recall without leash the other one is a bonehead, he's always under my control in the form of a leash.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #19719
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
A bunch of those newer buildings in river district, have faulty manifolds.
We have repaired 9 units, in a single building, in the last 2 weeks. The entire building is going to need to eventually replace every manifold. Strata is spinning their wheels

Correlation is, when the flow meter on the manifold bursts, the unit / units below / beside have 50psi of water gushing out until someone notices it

In other words flood
So you're saying there's nothing is wrong with the actual manifold, but the flow meter that's attached to the manifold (that can probably be replaced) leaks? So what exactly is wrong with these particular flow meters that's causing multiple leaks and wouldn't the manufacturer's warranty cover replacement?
So what's the current solution? Replace the heating manifold with a different brand and hope the flow meters on these new ones don't fail too?
Old 11-21-2021, 05:58 PM   #19720

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
try looking online for safe/organic ways to deter them for shitting in the same spot as it's not the dogs' fault. smells that they won't like to sniff & shit there.

maybe coffee grinds or vinegar, but the vinegar will make your grass go yellow and/or kill the grass.
Would coffee grinds kill the grass? I am guess no since it's part of compost, might be a good solution for me.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:07 PM   #19721
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,423 Times in 5,685 Posts
Lol so instead of logs of shit on your grass it’s gonna be covered in black coffee grinds. Wonderful
Old 11-21-2021, 06:46 PM   #19722
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,835 Times in 2,515 Posts
coffee grinds won't kill grass but my not be a strong enough smell to deter said dog, one owner used to let loose his dog to take little runny diarhea shits on my lawn and the coffee grinds didn't work, had to ante up to vinegar. i think it worked, grass turned yellow but didn't absolutely kill the grass surprisingly. replace a shit stain for a yellow stain.

it was right next to my fence gate so i had to do something as i didn't want my kids accidentally stepping on it, and i didn't want to hurt any dogs.

i think the coffee stopped a bigger dog that used to leave big logs around a tree i had to tend.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:42 PM   #19723
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I’m looking for an electrician to repair some exterior receptacles and light fixtures. Any recommendations?
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:43 PM   #19724

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I’m looking for an electrician to repair some exterior receptacles and light fixtures. Any recommendations?
Seconding this, I need an electrician to install a smart thermostat...very small job, just needs to be licensed.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:45 PM   #19725

The coffee grinds will eventually compost into dirt after years? Maybe? Better than dog shit really.