REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #201
Banned By Establishment

I'm bipolar and I suffer from deep depressions on occasion, but I have non-chemical methods of dealing with it. I also actually enjoy depression sometimes, because of the introspection the rumination provides. Depression is the evolutionary vehicle to self-improvement, but not everyone understands that.
Advertisement
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #202
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
uh...it's kody1206

kody604 appears to be some highschool white trash fake thug from surrey LOL
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Can't believe someone dug up so much about this guy..he's gonna get what he deserves very soon.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #203
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Also, why no discussion of the prescription drugs she was on?

anti-depressants are dangerous, especially for teenagers. I had a friend who mistakenly went on anti-depressants due to depression caused by an injury and loss of mobility. He said he was fine for the first couple days and then the most intense suicidal feelings washed over him like he'd never experienced before. He had a horrible reaction and could not stop trying to self-harm, and had to be hospitalized. As soon as he stopped taking the meds, he nearly immediately recovered.
+1

When I was 24-ish I was given anti-depressants for an anxiety disorder (very common practice for doctors) and within days I started having thoughts of suicide. Never before had I had these thoughts and it scared the shit out of me. I stopped immediately and made the decision to deal with my problems proactively in therapy.

These medications CAN be very dangerous (and I say, 'can' because they can be very helpful to some), especially for teenagers and young adults.

This whole story is a real shame and no matter how much we analyze, could have should have would have, or critique what happened, the result will never change.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #204
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
+1
These medications CAN be very dangerous

I know of two people personally who killed themselves as teenagers after having minor depression and taking prescription meds for it. They abruptly killed themselves within the first couple weeks of treatment with absolutely 0 signs noticed by friends or family. One hung herself after buying concert tickets the night before for a concert she had been looking forward to for a year.(Something you would NEVER guess someone would do the night before killing themselves) The other had been getting over a failed relationship @ 16 before taking his father's gun and shooting himself in front of his whole family, again with no warning.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #205
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
When my Mothers husbands anti-depressants were switched to a different prescription, he killed himself no more than 2 weeks later. If these drugs don't work for someone, they do the EXACT opposite of what they should be doing.
Drugs are bad, period. Be it approved or non-approved. To me, they are like drinking a bottle coca cola. It feels and taste good when drinking, but when you get the sugar crash, you just... crash. I think the human mind are capable of healing psychological illness as long as it gets a grasp of reality. Remember, ignorance is bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 View Post

mr_chin, I am not here to flame on you but some things you say aren't right. For example, dpression per Canadian Mental Health Association:
Depression | Canadian Mental Health Association

Depression IS a serious illness, you probably confuse it with feeling down every now and then.

As far as being a believer in life after death - I see where you are coming from. I don't share your belief but I understand how one could think the way you do. In essence, if I read you right, you feel she was in a lot of pain and now she is not, right? My point was that she didn't have to die to avoid such pain. She could have had help.
You are right. But you are speaking "if's" and "buts" and guessing that the help she receives will help her. There's gotta be a reason why she didn't go the police in the first place. Maybe even if she was alive and they caught the guy, she wouldn't testify in court against him because she's just not that type of person apparently.

I'm talking facts that we know at the time.. One, she is in real torment and despair. Two, she has disconnected herself from society. Three, her past will haunt her for the rest of her life. Four, all the events prior to her suicide was too much to bare. So by these, I believe that she will forever be in a better place.

All I'm saying is at the point, she knew what she wanted. Like stated before, suicide takes a strong mind and decision to do so. One doesn't just say "fuck it, I'm out". I am sure she even thought about getting help, but obviously it didn't overcome the thought of just "leaving". So in conclusion, who is it to blame? Her parents. Evidently, they didn't care for her like real parents should. The interview of her parents clearly shows this.

Last edited by mr_chin; 10-14-2012 at 04:04 PM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #206
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
The interview of her parents clearly shows this.

Link?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #207
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Spoiler!

Found on Facebook
Why are people like this?
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #208
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFrancis View Post
Spoiler!

Found on Facebook
Why are people like this?
I saw one that was worse... disgusting that it was even posted...

I have a high school friend who was cousins with Amanda and I hope him or anyone else in the family never has to see it

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #209
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Drugs are bad, period. Be it approved or non-approved. To me, they are like drinking a bottle coca cola. It feels and taste good when drinking, but when you get the sugar crash, you just... crash. I think the human mind are capable of healing psychological illness as long as it gets a grasp of reality. Remember, ignorance is bliss.

Oh the irony.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #210
My homepage has been set to RS

Don't get me wrong... I have sympathy for her but i somewhat agree with this post as well. A little harsh though...

RIP

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ\
JHuJHu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #211
Banned By Establishment

^ Not only that, but I honestly believe a lot of the outpouring of "support" is contrived.

A lot of people are pretending to care because it is the "in" thing to do, and they want something to talk about, and a cause to "rally" behind.

Nobody gave a shit until she was dead and her video on YouTube. How many hits did her YouTube video have before she died?

Did her parents NOT WATCH her YouTube activities before she did it? If I had a teenage daughter or son, you're goddamn right I would watch their YouTube channel's videos.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #212
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Its another Kony 2012. The internet has on one hand allowed the anonymity to be a fuck to someone you have never met, yet also to seek the approval and connection to the masses that you have ever met. Many people need to feel like they are part of the "keyboard causes" to feel warm and fuzzy inside, when they are too much of a fucking asshole to even open the door for someone, or give up their seat on the bus for an old lady.

Last edited by westopher; 10-14-2012 at 11:19 PM.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #213
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Spoiler!

1. Awareness may stop the next teen from taking his/her life over nothing. So while there are good points in the FB post, he missed the boat on why we SHOULD all talk about Amanda.

2. Being a bully on the internet means not seeing the effect it has on the recipient, it is easier to be a total d-bag and not see how traumatic it may be to the other person. When I was a kid, if someone bullied you at school and you went home, it was over, not now. Now you go home and cell phone texts, fb messages etc follow you! Again, we SHOULD talk about Amanda because we cannot stop bullying altogether, we can at least try to mitigate the amount of it if we educate parents and bullies.

Lastly, saying that one shouldn't give a &^$% about what other people think about you is a very slippery slope. We should always be considerate of how other people see us, we can't let it rule our lives but we shouldn't just blindly ignore it either. That is part of what it means to live in a society.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #214
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHuJHu View Post

Don't get me wrong... I have sympathy for her but i somewhat agree with this post as well. A little harsh though...

RIP
this guy doesn't understand how it feels when your life is down the drain at the age of 15, shits different when you are an adult of course.......

too harsh.... though i have no sympathy for people doing suicides, i believe it is the devil telling you to suicide and you go to hell
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #215
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
this guy doesn't understand how it feels when your life is down the drain at the age of 15, shits different when you are an adult of course.......

too harsh.... though i have no sympathy for people doing suicides, i believe it is the devil telling you to suicide and you go to hell
Ok. There's no devil and there's no hell. People find excuses in misery. You need to deal with the problem. The bullies and the victim, all need to sort their own shit out. The Devil didn't have a hand in this. It's culture and upbringing that brought about this tragedy. There needs to be accountability, and a magic horned (miton's version) devil isn't the cause of anything miserable in this world. It's cunty fuckers. Plain and simple.

Edit:

I posted something on the FB page 15 mins ago and it got taken down already. Geez. Just trying to bring awareness to shitty parenting and its consequences.

Last edited by rsx; 10-15-2012 at 08:03 AM.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #216
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
I'm bipolar and I suffer from deep depressions on occasion, but I have non-chemical methods of dealing with it. I also actually enjoy depression sometimes, because of the introspection the rumination provides. Depression is the evolutionary vehicle to self-improvement, but not everyone understands that.
Many years ago, I was diagnosed with depression. However, despite the fact that it's the "popular" thing to do with doctors, my doctor didn't prescribe me medication and instead gave me non-chemical methods (like you) to help deal with it. I'm not sure what drugs would have done differently, but the way she had me deal with it actually helped a whole lot.

I'm not sure I whole heartedly agree with your comment about depression acting as a tool to self-improvement, especially since many people find it hard to dig ones self out of the funk. However, provided you have enough motivation to follow through, it can certainly be a very helpful tool to help you get better.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #217
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
^ Not only that, but I honestly believe a lot of the outpouring of "support" is contrived.

A lot of people are pretending to care because it is the "in" thing to do, and they want something to talk about, and a cause to "rally" behind.

Nobody gave a shit until she was dead and her video on YouTube. How many hits did her YouTube video have before she died?

Did her parents NOT WATCH her YouTube activities before she did it? If I had a teenage daughter or son, you're goddamn right I would watch their YouTube channel's videos.
u make it sound like its so easy to get views for a youtube video or even get it found. its very hard. also obviously the video got hits after she died - it was promoted via social media and every major newspaper. your point makes no sense here

regarding people thinking it is the in thing to do - do u honestly think there are people who think this is bs but pretend to care? ok sure there are. but for every ten people that share this video, one additional person believes stronger in anti bullying. for every ten of those people one person does something about their bully or stops being a bully. if popular culture and teen culture can be convinced one person at a time that bullying is not cool after ten years there will be less bullying. if it doesnt work then we tried. whats the problem? what is it about people sharing things and caring about things because others informed them abou it, that pisses others off so very much? it makes no sense to me
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #218
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Because none of those people that "care" will care 2 months from now, it's pretty simple

It's all hype

Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #219
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Many years ago, I was diagnosed with depression. However, despite the fact that it's the "popular" thing to do with doctors, my doctor didn't prescribe me medication and instead gave me non-chemical methods (like you) to help deal with it. I'm not sure what drugs would have done differently, but the way she had me deal with it actually helped a whole lot.

Problem with drugs for depression is that it isn't an exact science behind it, there are so many variations of dozes and mixes ... Good on you for finding other ways. Some people find exercising, different climate, trips etc.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #220
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
this pretty much sums it up,

Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #221
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 View Post
Some people find exercising, different climate, trips etc.

I find I'm happier when it rains, and exercise really helps.

I like taking 1 day off per week where I don't have to be myself, as well.

What I mean is, I hit the bong, order some food, and play an immersive game like Skyrim where my mind switches OFF from "Girls, money, socializing, world events, friend's problems, ambition" and instead switches ON "Need to slay dragons, need a better bow, climb some mountains, level up my fire spell"

This sort of mental relaxation gets me out of my head and gives my mind breathing room, but also feeds it new "experiences". My mind is very imaginative and when I'm climbing mountains with the stereo up, I can imagine the feeling of snow blowing cold on me, and I get excited, adrenaline rushes from the danger in the game. When I don't want something so stimulating, I will read a book, or write.

Another big thing that makes me feel better is to help other people, seeing other people happy totally cheers me up.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #222
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #223
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Activist groups Anonymous names the tormentor

good stuff on Anonymous to do this... RS Beat down crew signup list!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #224
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Activist groups Anonymous names the tormentor

good stuff on Anonymous to do this... RS Beat down crew signup list!
The plot thickens.

Was watching the news last night and they said a person with the same name as the one that was revealed by Annonymous was in Surrey court yesterday for other sexual related charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #225
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: