REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #276
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,092 Posts
Bullied New York teen jumps in front of train
Advertisement
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #277
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts

Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #278
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
So she let 4 football players run a train on her, can't handle it when she gets called slut/made fun off/talked about after? I have no sympathy, people need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions/decisions. If you want to get gangbanged or be promiscuous/slutty, by all means go ahead, embrace/own up to it, don't act innocent or like a victim when people call you out on it.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #279
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
regardless of her actions, it is still not right to bully her for them.

she was depressed and had low self-esteem before sleeping with those guys and was looking for validation. She has a high for a day until others found out and then she sank lower. Yes, it may not have been her best decision, but it was still her decision....why does she need to be ridiculed non-stop about it?

Also, do you think a dude would be called a slut and a whore if he had slept with 4 cheerleaders at once?

Just because a person makes a mistake or a decision you do not agree with doesn't mean it is okay to bully him or her.

She doesn't have to 'own up to it' or justify her actions to anyone and nobody should make a decision in their life based on whether or not they are going to be bullied over it.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #280
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ Just saw the article, I don't get why these girls act like sluts and expect nothing to happen of it. Yah, cool, it's not right to bully someone but you have to point the finger at the victim for putting themselves in the position of being that. Any reasonable person in highschool would understand that a picture of them nude that they sent to a random person could end up anywhere and that having a train run on you but football players at the very least will definitely be talked about. People in highschool talk about the smallest things, this is what they do so I don't get why these idiots expect it to stay secret. It's time they take responsibility for their actions and don't get me wrong, dying or suicide is not taking responsibility for their actions. It's not cool to bully but it's even stupider to give ppl obvious reasons to talk about you...
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #281
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
So she let 4 football players run a train on her, can't handle it when she gets called slut/made fun off/talked about after? I have no sympathy, people need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions/decisions. If you want to get gangbanged or be promiscuous/slutty, by all means go ahead, embrace/own up to it, don't act innocent or like a victim when people call you out on it.
she likes to get trains ran on her
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #282
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 10,045 Times in 3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

she was depressed and had low self-esteem before sleeping with those guys and was looking for validation. She has a high for a day until others found out and then she sank lower. Yes, it may not have been her best decision, but it was still her decision....why does she need to be ridiculed non-stop about it?

Also, do you think a dude would be called a slut and a whore if he had slept with 4 cheerleaders at once?

Just because a person makes a mistake or a decision you do not agree with doesn't mean it is okay to bully him or her.

She doesn't have to 'own up to it' or justify her actions to anyone and nobody should make a decision in their life based on whether or not they are going to be bullied over it.
The situation you're talking about is fantasy is today's age.

She brought it on herself regardless
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #283
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,409 Times in 2,069 Posts
The problem I have, though, is that when you're in your early teens, especially as a girl, you hear words like "I love you" and "I promise not to tell anyone" thrown around a lot. Hormones are running overtime and messing with your emotions and ability to make reasoned decisions. I do realize that kids need to eventually learn that the world is, unfortunately, a cruel place and to be wary of who you trust, but still...

I still dislike the fact that there's a double standard when it comes to people sleeping with people. A guy sleeps with four cheerleaders at once and he's hailed as a hero by the school. A girl sleeps with four jocks and she's villianised as a slut. I genuinely don't understand where the discrepency between the two originated. Girls are just as hungry for sex as guys; it's simply that girls tend to have better control over it, especially once they realize they tend to hold the power.

Frankly, so long as you wrap your shit, I could care less how many people someone sleeps with.

Oh... and kids these days need a good smack on their heads.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #284
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post
^ Just saw the article, I don't get why these girls act like sluts and expect nothing to happen of it. Yah, cool, it's not right to bully someone but you have to point the finger at the victim for putting themselves in the position of being that. Any reasonable person in highschool would understand that a picture of them nude that they sent to a random person could end up anywhere and that having a train run on you but football players at the very least will definitely be talked about. People in highschool talk about the smallest things, this is what they do so I don't get why these idiots expect it to stay secret. It's time they take responsibility for their actions and don't get me wrong, dying or suicide is not taking responsibility for their actions. It's not cool to bully but it's even stupider to give ppl obvious reasons to talk about you...
Dude, like I said above....why does the potential of bullying need to dictate actions?

This is all bullshit.....everyone jumps around yelling, "Do you!", "YOLO", "Don't care what anyone else thinks", "Be Yourself", etc....but once someone does, they are bullied for it.

I am not saying that sleeping with a bunch of guys is a great choice to make health-wise, morally, ethically, mentally, etc....but I do not think it is a "reason" to bully her.

The thing that irks me the most is that it is a total double fucking standard! What about these guys!? Why is it the girls that get shit on? Guys will stand around and high-5 each other for 'fucking her' and the girl will get bullied, called a slut, bitch, whore, dirty, etc. Really think about that. Why is it ok? Nobody says anything about these 4 dudes hanging around with their dicks all out with each other!.

Why is it ok to bully someone when we can find a reason? Poor, slut, bad clothes, fat, skinny, big nose, bad hair, etc....

Would this be the same is she wore ugly pants to school?

"Well, what do you expect? We all knew those pants were ugly but she kept wearing them. She should have known better that when you wear ugly pants you will get bullied. Its her fault. She made the decision and knew the consequences."

Its all the same thing.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #285
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,409 Times in 2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The situation you're talking about is fantasy is today's age.

She brought it on herself regardless
Posted via RS Mobile

Yes, she totally brought it upon herself to be called a slut by the school and tormented for it.

Do you guys actually hear you spewing some of this crap? How many of you remember being an early teen? How many of you actually deal with kids around that age on a daily basis? Until you do deal with kids that age, remembering our own experiences...

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #286
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,058 Times in 4,015 Posts
I think the main problem with the kids growing up is their parents baby them way too much. Less responsibilities they can really get away with anything and when they make stupid decisions they can’t handle the consequence’s so they take the easy way out which is suicide. It’s sad no questions asked and you can’t lay the blame on the parents either but this young adults need to learn what life is and how to deal with situation’s when they are backed into a corner with the looks of no way out.

I have dealt with lots of fucken shit in my life a lot more than most and even tho the thought did pass my mind I would never remotely do something close to taking my own life because I learned from the situation’s I had to deal with growing up which helped be deal with it.

But no parents these days don’t want to have their children see the real world because it might corrupt them or worse they might actually experience life…..
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #287
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I still dislike the fact that there's a double standard when it comes to people sleeping with people. A guy sleeps with four cheerleaders at once and he's hailed as a hero by the school. A girl sleeps with four jocks and she's villianised as a slut. I genuinely don't understand where the discrepency between the two originated. Girls are just as hungry for sex as guys; it's simply that girls tend to have better control over it, especially once they realize they tend to hold the power.
A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #288
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i hope the whole Amanda Todd thing dosnt make other vulnerable teens feel like the can become "celebrities" not to say that its a good thing but everyone knows who Amanda Todd is, i can imagine a rise in teen suicide after all this happened because these people would want to feel important.

im sorry but i dont think bullying is a justifiable reason to take your own life, im far from a spoiled kid and did not have a good upbringing at all, and thats putting it nicely, i love life and i used that as a reason to excel..

bottom line is that people need to stop being so fucking stupid, accident or not she did put herself in that situation, natural selection will always exist and cast away the weak ones, as sad as that is, its life.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #289
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac

i think the reason its "ok" for guys is that there is less repercussion to their actions in this case"asides std" dominants plays a huge roll in this, the girl didnt dominate those 4 guys, they did that to her, not sure if anyone can brag about being a piece of meat for 4 guys. but it is a bit of an accomplishment if a guy does it because lets face it, any girl if moderately good looking can get laid without trying, guys even if they are good looking still needa work for it, thus making it an accomplishment if 1 guy can get 4 girls
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #290
Banned By Establishment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Ronith; 10-26-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: replied to wrong thread
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #291
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
This is all bullshit.....everyone jumps around yelling, "Do you!", "YOLO", "Don't care what anyone else thinks", "Be Yourself", etc....but once someone does, they are bullied for it.

I am not saying that sleeping with a bunch of guys is a great choice to make health-wise, morally, ethically, mentally, etc....but I do not think it is a "reason" to bully her.

The thing that irks me the most is that it is a total double fucking standard! What about these guys!? Why is it the girls that get shit on? Guys will stand around and high-5 each other for 'fucking her' and the girl will get bullied, called a slut, bitch, whore, dirty, etc. Really think about that. Why is it ok? Nobody says anything about these 4 dudes hanging around with their dicks all out with each other!.
"Be Yourself." Once you decide to stray from the herd, you should realize that the herd might come back and bite you in your ass. That's life. If you make bad choices, it's on you. It's not her parents fault that she showed her tits to random people, it's her's.

It's shitty she commited suicide, because she couldn't stand herself anymore, people have choices. She decided to run and hide from everybody and ended up thinking life wasn't worth living. There are always things you can do to make your life better, everybody has choices, some people make shitty ones.

With your double standard comment. You might want to take a look at who was bullying her. When 1 guy has a problem with another, they fight. When 1 girl has a problem with another girl, she makes the girls life HELL.

It's the fact of insecure girls, making other girls lives hell. Guys will commend eachother for sleeping with "this girl" or "that girl." I've NEVER heard of girls going around commending eachother for sleeping with "this guy" or "that guy."
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #292
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,130 Posts
I blame the media for how kids are these days.

Living "The life" yet does not show how these "people" make their money or what they do. Is all about style.

When I was a teen)long long time ago lol). Nothing like these every happen. The most bf/gf every do is maybe hold hands, a kiss on the cheek and that's about it. In fact very few ppl have bf or gf during my high school years.

Now is like you change your bf/gf everyweek lol.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 10-26-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #293
So I had to give him the three piece with the soda

Thanked 5,044 Times in 2,053 Posts
Quote:

i agree with you. but the reality of it is that the world we live in and people don't work like that. it's like driving...i tell my wife you need to drive proactively and not reactively. just because you have right of way and see a guy not stopping you don't just drive anyway b/c he "should" stop b/c you're "right". the reality is you're still going to have to deal with a car accident if you don't adjust to real life scenarios.

unfortunately sometimes this applies to other things in life in order to protect yourself. there's right, there's wrong...but sometimes how you deal with it is somewhere in between.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #294
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
When I was a teen)long long time ago lol). Nothing like these every happen. The most bf/gf every do is maybe hold hands, a kiss on the cheek and that's about it. In fact very few ppl have bf or gf during my high school years.

Now is like you change your bf/gf everyweek lol.
What HS did you go to? I remember kids were dating in elementary and some friends from high school were parents by grade 12.
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #295
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
her instagram handle

Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #296
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 23,414 Times in 4,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post

im sorry but i dont think bullying is a justifiable reason to take your own life, im far from a spoiled kid and did not have a good upbringing at all, and thats putting it nicely, i love life and i used that as a reason to excel..

bottom line is that people need to stop being so fucking stupid, accident or not she did put herself in that situation, natural selection will always exist and cast away the weak ones, as sad as that is, its life.
I would thank you 50 times for this if I could. If you are too weak to face your challenges, whatever they may be, they will eat you alive. People need to understand we are still animals, and their are the strong and the weak. You need to be strong to overcome what obstacles you face, or you won't overcome them. There are fucking people born without legs, blind and deaf people that can be happy with their lives, but someone kills themselves because others labeled them a slut and they are given the "woe is them" effect by the world. Kids who have been forced into war, and watched their entire family die, and overcome to become positive members of society, and then kids who kill themselves because they were called a "faggot". We are glorifying such a minor issue. Its fucking first world problems at its finest. Who in our generation was bullied at some point? All of us? Probably. Its a scapegoat for a weaker, more entitled generation.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #297
Banned (ABWS)

This amanda todd shit has to die. No pun intended.
Posted via RS Mobile
lospollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #298
I bringith the lowerballerith

Not sure if anyone ever mentioned this but I highly suspect that the Amanda Todd Youtube Video was a direct copy cat of Jonah Mowry (he did the same thing with the cue cards, bully thing video on Youtube a year ago)

See the link for yourself:

I think the debate goes that Amanda kinda copied what Jonah did to get the attention that she wanted. She got it the attention alright, at the expense of her life.

No troll or mean message intended but no reason for her to copy someone else's video to go on and get the attention that she wanted.

I'm all against bullying thats for sure. Just need another way to communicate it.

Attention grabbing?

*Edit* Just realized this was on Page 6 so not sure if discussed about.

Last edited by sh0n; 10-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.
sh0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #299
RS Veteran

Thanked 7,912 Times in 3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Bullied New York teen jumps in front of train

[From the article] On her Instagram account, she had a picture of her eyes crossed over by the word “Depressed” with the caption, “Just because someone is smiling doesn’t make them happy.”
http://www.revscene.net/forums/53895...ml#post8057695
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
just cuz I'm able to put a smile on doesnt mean everything is actually ok
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #300
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,430 Times in 1,236 Posts
Hey LSF, if you need to talk you can PM me any time. I'm here for you man.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote