REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #76
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,775
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Getting back to bullying. Fail me all you want but remember a few years back, a kid shot his bully
Don't forget the one where the kid Zangif style body slammed the kid that was bullying him


Quote:
Here's an interesting fact (regarding how big "bullying" is as a societal issue):

Bullying is a lot more vast than your stereotypical image of highschool hooligans. I have seen that bullying is ALSO quite common in workplaces. Bullying also exists at home. Bullying also exists between married couples.
Look at all the people on RS that is talking about this topic on this thread and some of these people are the same people who were openly making fun of some of the girls from the UBC cheer squad at a car wash.
Advertisement
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #77
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Durrann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E. Vancouver
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 301 Times in 136 Posts
So sad
Assuming parents took precautionary measures
It's hard to blame everything on parents
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #78
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,086
Thanked 1,571 Times in 551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Shouldn't authorities be very diligent on trying to track down who this stalker is? If he posted pictures of her boobs from when she was in grade 7, wouldn't that be child pornography?
Yes sir,

This would be production and distribution of child pornography. A similar action was taken when a girl had pictures taken of her having sex while at a maple ridge rave.

I would argue that he may also be in violation of

voyeurism:
s. 162(1)(b)
s. 162(4)

child pornography:
s. 163.1(2)
s. 163.1(3)
s. 163.1(4)

this one might be a stretch but

defamatory libel:
s. 298(1)



the girl that beat her up should be charged with assault as listed in

s. 264.1(1)(a)
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #79
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Yes, this one of those things that comes and goes, and everyone wears pink for a week, and then the next Kony comes along(yeah, I'm making that a thing) and we move on.

But is something left in the collective consciousness? If the story makes it to 50 forums, and gets shared on facebook and makes it to the news, is there a chance that a parent sees it and realizes that their daughter is on the same path?

Do we need to end ALL bullying at once with pink shirts, or do we need to save as many troubled kids as we can, when we can?

Shit...this girl wasn't a "delinquent", she was a 15 year old kid. She deserved the same chance that anyone else did. She obviously never learned how to gain good attention, and instead thrived on bad.

If one parent can see in their kid the same issues, and they think that the way they are handling it is working, and come to the conclusion that its not, then I think its worth bunging up your facebook for a week.

Fuck, some people are heartless.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #80
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,259
Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Bullying starts at home. Parents who don't know how to be parents don't teach their kids how to be proper human beings. It's hardly the kids' fault, especially elementary or junior highschoolers. They all pick it up at home.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #81
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 722 Times in 364 Posts
You guys make a good point, we can feel bad for this girl all we want, but how come the news or anyone else enable us to hunt down the people that caused this?
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #82
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18,008
Thanked 8,971 Times in 2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
It takes many personal experiences for a person to get off their ass and do something, and it starts with a few eye opening situations, whether through personal experience or some internet flavour of the week. I'd rather be a bandwaggoner ANY day than a miserable, negative, close-minded hater

Well it's like a news cycle, one tragic event hits the net and than another and another...and I really do believe most people have become desensitized because of all violence and other inhuman stuff people view online.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #83
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
nns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,135
Thanked 1,814 Times in 548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Shit...this girl wasn't a "delinquent", she was a 15 year old kid. She deserved the same chance that anyone else did. She obviously never learned how to gain good attention, and instead thrived on bad.
How did you come to that conclusion? From that one mistake where she flashed some guy over webcam?
__________________
nns
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,806
Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Yes, this one of those things that comes and goes, and everyone wears pink for a week, and then the next Kony comes along(yeah, I'm making that a thing) and we move on.

But is something left in the collective consciousness? If the story makes it to 50 forums, and gets shared on facebook and makes it to the news, is there a chance that a parent sees it and realizes that their daughter is on the same path?

Fuck, some people are heartless.
My friend, you are saying one thing and preaching another. Calling people "heartless" who do not see an issue the same way as you is instigating hate. You speak of making a difference and consciousness yet a few sentences later, invoke conflict and perhaps even hatred. What's the difference between calling someone heartless for not believing in something you do, and them calling you a pussy for believing in it, nothing. It's the same non-sense, unnecessary hate.

This is why I feel these movements don't make a difference. You have it in your mind while you type, but just as you finish a truthful, logical and very smart response, (one which I personally do agree with), you spit out anger and negativity...
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #85
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Phozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,503
Thanked 895 Times in 313 Posts
What does wearing pink accomplish? It does nothing to FIX the problem.

Pretentious kids make it sound like its the first time they've heard such a tragedy, or they've been close with her all their lives.

rest in peace.
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #86
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river
 
EvoLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR/PG
Posts: 593
Thanked 239 Times in 119 Posts
i dont know what to say about this... i am only 18 and i have been bulled in high school before but i just took it in and ended fail a year when the bullying got to the point that i couldn't take it any more i just skipped school... the only difference was that i was able to cope with it and i had family support. if i knew my brother or sister was being bullied i would just go ape shit on the people that's bullying them, because i know the vp and principals at school cant do anything about bully's, so its ether you fight back or take it. i chose to take it but i regret doing that, if i had stood up for my self i probable would have graduated with the Asians lawl, with that said i think her parents could of done alot to prevent her death and to the asshole that posted the picture i think he should go to jail... ALso maybe we hold a revscene meet for her like we did for conner, this time as a anti bullying meet.
__________________
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum


93 honda civic si *RIP* (Rice)
2010 Evolution X *RIP (AwdFun)
2010 Chevrolet Colbalt LT (Daily)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT RIP (Hwy Cruser)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #87
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,732
Thanked 689 Times in 273 Posts
I remember the time I moved schools and didnt know anyone there. I always had lunch by myself outside. And spend the rest of the lunch time walkin around outside. I was bullied by others especially the girls.

Fuckin hate bullies, RIP I know how you felt
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #88
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,086
Thanked 1,571 Times in 551 Posts
edited#

Last edited by T4RAWR; 10-11-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: because smoothie
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #89
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
VooDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van
Posts: 636
Thanked 301 Times in 67 Posts
^ wtf are we suppose do with that information? harass the guy cause he's an ass?
what was the point of this thread.... bring awareness to cyber bullying and here you are posting this guy's info.
VooDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #90
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 878
Thanked 421 Times in 186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ternal-3 View Post
I wish there was some mandatory course parents had to take during pregnancy as well as multiple repeats until the kid is 19. One that teaches them the cause and effect as well as the psychology involved with raising a child. It should teach things like proper punishements, how to deal with certain situations, and even how to toughen your kid up. And I will go as far as to say if you don't pass the first lesson within 10 weeks of labor: you are unfit to raise a child and abort the baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
They need licensing and educational programs on how to become a parent before they let you have a kid.
That would be an absolute nightmare.

Although the intentions are well grounded, the idea of mandatory courses and/or licences to be a parent is completely absurd.

--

I think, at the end of the day, it's nice to have all these ideas flying around in this thread sparking discussion as long as we're aware that we don't have enough background knowledge of this particular situation to pass judgement on it.

One can say that the parents should have done more; another might say the parents likely did all they could. The argument can go both ways, there's no way of us knowing what happened behind the family's front door.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #91
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,086
Thanked 1,571 Times in 551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDood View Post
^ wtf are we suppose do with that information? harass the guy cause he's an ass?
what was the point of this thread.... bring awareness to cyber bullying and here you are posting this guy's info.
because if he WAS the individual who webcamed with her and caused her to expose herself he would be in violation of.

s. 172.1(1) [luring a child]

and should suffer punishment for it.
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #92
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,243
Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Yes, this one of those things that comes and goes, and everyone wears pink for a week, and then the next Kony comes along(yeah, I'm making that a thing) and we move on.

But is something left in the collective consciousness? If the story makes it to 50 forums, and gets shared on facebook and makes it to the news, is there a chance that a parent sees it and realizes that their daughter is on the same path?

Do we need to end ALL bullying at once with pink shirts, or do we need to save as many troubled kids as we can, when we can?

Shit...this girl wasn't a "delinquent", she was a 15 year old kid. She deserved the same chance that anyone else did. She obviously never learned how to gain good attention, and instead thrived on bad.

If one parent can see in their kid the same issues, and they think that the way they are handling it is working, and come to the conclusion that its not, then I think its worth bunging up your facebook for a week.

Fuck, some people are heartless.
im going to fail you because I disagree with your opinion



Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDood View Post
^ wtf are we suppose do with that information? harass the guy cause he's an ass?
what was the point of this thread.... bring awareness to cyber bullying and here you are posting this guy's info.


hahahahaha
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #93
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tomatogunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 835
Thanked 1,720 Times in 300 Posts
Saw this blog shared on Facebook. Worth the read, it looks at 'the other side' of the story.

Rays of Light • What's really wrong behind the story of Amanda Todd
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #94
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 21
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
Saw this blog shared on Facebook. Worth the read, it looks at 'the other side' of the story.

Rays of Light • What's really wrong behind the story of Amanda Todd
That's a little misleading. I would have thought that "the other side" would be the perspective of those that pushed her to go into attention-seeking frenzy mode aka suicide.

Would have liked to hear from the girl that pushed her shit in or the guy that made her show her teenage naiveness.

Either way it was a good read. I refuse to give the teenager any positive attention.
slnna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #95
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,646
Thanked 6,409 Times in 2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
Saw this blog shared on Facebook. Worth the read, it looks at 'the other side' of the story.

Rays of Light • What's really wrong behind the story of Amanda Todd
He does raise a good point (which I think has already been brought up here). "Raising awareness" does no good if no one actually does anything to change it. Words are easy; actions are hard.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #96
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,775
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,092 Posts
I'm curious to see what the police have to say about this case. Was anyone every charged with possession and distribution of child pornography.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #97
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 21
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I'm curious to see what the police have to say about this case. Was anyone every charged with possession and distribution of child pornography.
Watch her video. She didn't want to press charges.

If she pressed charges, people might have taken her seriously leading to the inability for her to gain more attention. IMO that's way charges weren't pressed. At this point, she's gone and Amanda herself was the best piece of evidence the police had. Pressing charges without that evidence would really minimize who could actually get convicted of something out of her ordeal.

Because "what happens in Maple Ridge stays in Maple Ridge" I doubt the people that physically harmed her will be found guilty
slnna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #98
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 73
Thanked 27 Times in 12 Posts
damn..
rip
bullying was bad when i was in hs... but shits starting to get out of control now.
NotDatGai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #99
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,775
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slnna6 View Post
Watch her video. She didn't want to press charges.

If she pressed charges, people might have taken her seriously leading to the inability for her to gain more attention. IMO that's way charges weren't pressed. At this point, she's gone and Amanda herself was the best piece of evidence the police had. Pressing charges without that evidence would really minimize who could actually get convicted of something out of her ordeal.

Because "what happens in Maple Ridge stays in Maple Ridge" I doubt the people that physically harmed her will be found guilty
I watched the video and made me sad and sick but I'm talking about the guy who took the screen capture after convincing her to flash her boobs. That person had possession of child porn since she was only 12 at the time. And if that person was the same person who posted the picture online, then they should be charged with distributing child porn.

Oh yeah, and child pron isn't something she needed to press charges against to have the police to investigate. Look at the girl who had pictures taken of her having sex at a Pitt Meadows rave and then posted on FB. At least one guy was charged with distributing child porn.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #100
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,086
Thanked 1,571 Times in 551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I watched the video and made me sad and sick but I'm talking about the guy who took the screen capture after convincing her to flash her boobs. That person had possession of child porn since she was only 12 at the time. And if that person was the same person who posted the picture online, then they should be charged with distributing child porn.

Oh yeah, and child pron isn't something she needed to press charges against to have the police to investigate. Look at the girl who had pictures taken of her having sex at a Pitt Meadows rave and then posted on FB. At least one guy was charged with distributing child porn.

if the ICE (internet child exploitation) unit gets involved in the investigation with the RCMP its possible that someone may be charged for production and distribution of child pornography.

however, an investigation would have to be launched into the circumstances leading to the production as well as the parties involved.

ultimately, the burden of proof may be difficult to in this scenario because the most important witness is now deceased unlike the maple ridge case.
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net