REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #76
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
Your right I have sped and still do occasionally much like everyone else.
That is one of the most dangerous bridges in Canada. The speed limit is 50km/h on it. Have I driven 80+km/h on it? Never have never will, its a dangerous place to do so and not just for the sake of property or personal injury or death. There is an extreme probability of collateral damage and or death on this bridge.
The problem here isnt my attitude towards these kids it's the acceptance that shit happens, poor kids attitude. This creates precedence and acceptance towards more of this behavior leading to innocent people dying. A car can be a weapon or it can be personal transportation it all comes down to how you drive it. I believe a pat on the shoulder "I'm sorry your friend died he was a good kid" story is a terrible approach instead we should be reminding everybody just how precious life is and to respect your life but above all those of others. If you cant respect your life or those of others (exactly the case here) why should anyone respect theirs?
Like I said I sympathies for those affected and those who have to live with the decisions of those no longer with us. I do not sympathize for those who brought this upon themselves....... You make your bed you sleep in it!
Hows that for decorum?
T bought a new car. Who the fuk would not wanna rip it on a new car?
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #77
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin_115 View Post

wanting to and doing so are 2 different things

doing so responsibly (track etc) and irresponsibly (in the wet on the hwy etc) are 2 different things
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #78
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin_115 View Post
Those that want to live past a certain age.

I know its tempting. We've all been there. But if you don't make mature decisions, shit like this happens.

Its a shame. I don't think anyone should shit on them for their mistake though.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #79
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Drive safe everyone!

RIP
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #80
I STILL don't get it

there's something called if it doesn't sound nice keep it to yourself

some ppl aren't fortunate to make a mistake n live to learn from it, if you haven't pushed beyond ur limits in life you probably haven't really lived....

so ppl jumping outta planes n hoping the parachute will land them safely are stupid? u can go 10 above the speed limit n possibly hit someone crossing the road becuz you slept 1 hour less one day?

RIP to these two kids I don't think i've met that weren't lucky enough to be given a chance to realize their mistakes.... hope it reminds others that've known them to slow down and or test their cars elsewhere....

definitely not a good time, place, or condition to be excessively speeding when ur tires are prolly having trouble to warm up in cold/wet weather
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #81
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
sigh... even though i didnt know them directly this has gotten me in the slumps the whole day. Though i usually drive safe most of the time, I admit I am still guilty of some really dumb driving habits every now and then. Especially late at night when you think no one else is on the road... the lesson learnt is "you never know"

now i feel like a fucking retard for ever driving like a retard
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #82
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitez View Post
so ppl jumping outta planes n hoping the parachute will land them safely are stupid?
not sure if srs comparison
How are skydivers endangering the lives of others?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #83
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
I dont give idiots gratitude or respect but meh if you respect idiots thats fine I guess. I doesnt say much good for you.
The only tragedy I see here is how their selfish stupid behaviour will forever negatively effect those directly involved (witnesses, paramedics, rescue crews etc) Those are who I respect.
The image of shattered bodies and twisted metal, the screams and moans of pain are with you forever. Those who deal with the aftermath of idiots have to live with that.
I have no respect for idiots.
callin the deceased idiots because of 1 mistake that costed em their life? really? you cannot called em on their "selfish stupid behaviour" because of this. its not like they PURPOSEDLY crashed to fuck with everyone's physical, mental and emotional state. It sucks that they died but its a big mistake and they paid the price. I don't understand why you would come into this thread and call their actions stupid and call them idiots in the end.. if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all, and i know you wouldnt give a rat's ass, but i for sure will never go to rise auto now because of ur remarks, get some public relation tips online or some shit, you look like a real jackass now and for friends and friends on RS and wherever that know em, you got my full support if you need to talk or anything im here for ya, ive lost many friends over the years and i know how painful it is, keep ya head up guys
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #84
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
This thread can't decide if it wants to be a condolences thread or a discussuion/opinion thread. Unfortunate and understandible that people can't express themselves fully without getting personal because so many on this site eem to know the two who died.

I'm all about second chances, especially when you're that age. Unfortunately some don't get to learn from their mistakes.

Would anyone happen to have a link or video of CBC mentioning RS in reguards to this story? I don't have cable and couldn't find anything at their site.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
To be fair to him, this is a thread about a news article talking about the accident. It didn't start out as a condolences thread. If this accident happened in a city where the chances of any of us knowing the vitims were minimal, I know exactly how the thread would have gone.
If that's the case...

let people post locals in the non-JB threads
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #86
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
RIP.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #87
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
not sure if srs comparison
How are skydivers endangering the lives of others?
it doesn't unless shit goes wrong is my point

wut if it wasn't speed but just hard enough acceleration n black ice?

only idiot i see is the one representing his auto salon n acting like he knows it all

my 1.4L car can break traction accelerating in 2nd at 30km/h n so can my bike, so i'm an idiot now? good luck w/ sales LOL...
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #88
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
Lions gate bridge has the most fucking stupid concept of a design I've ever seen. I'm not surprised that an accident of this magnitude happened; the two men drew the short stick and got fucked. No dividers? really? Two lanes with a shared middle lane? that's just fucking stupid. With the growing number of people in the city, the bridge is way over capacity at peak hours.

I remember a video in the shitty/dangerous drivers thread where someone (on this board with a dashcam) had a near miss with some idiot in the middle lane going the wrong way. If their death served anything, I hope it serves to have the egghead ministers of transportation manage the traffic control. That bridge is a serious cluster fuck.

Rest in Peace to the two drivers.
I do agree with all the above. I do.

I'd also like to say: A) If you don't feel comfortable driving it, then don't and B) Slow the fuck down!

Seriously...are you in such a hurry that you can't do 50 over the Lion's Gate bridge? I take the Patullo all the time and get in the right lane and cruise along at a normal speed. We can't replace every single bridge we have, at once with 6 lane bridges. The bill at the end would be astronomical. So maybe we need to do our part, and realize that being in a constant hurry all the time isn't always the answer.

I see people every day putting others at risk so they can do 70 in a 50, whipping around people in traffic so everyone else needs to slow down so they can get home faster.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #89
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
RIP to the 2 drivers. Hope this makes everyone realize and always think about your actions and the consequences they might have, not just for you yourself, but for your family and everyone around you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post

Would anyone happen to have a link or video of CBC mentioning RS in reguards to this story? I don't have cable and couldn't find anything at their site.
Just after the 1:00 mark

Shows - CBC Player

Whole news article

High speed a factor in Lions Gate Bridge crash - British Columbia - CBC News

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear

Last edited by LSF22; 11-29-2012 at 07:19 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #90
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
^Seems like CBC just made RS sound like some street racing site
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #91
I STILL don't get it

^not really... but Phil's auto salon got pretty famous
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
xTc_6o4 with baby blue s2000 with spoon calipers to blame
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #93
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
Because they said sport car?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #94
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Because they said sport car?
because they spoke of speeding and bam segue to revscene

its a light insinuation but its there
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #95
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

CBC reporters registered on the site!? now show urself
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #96
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
because they spoke of speeding and bam segue to revscene

its a light insinuation but its there
The segue was definitely a little awkward and seemed to vaguely hint at "speeding" and "sport car site" as being one and the same. Or it could have been poor writing.

But hey... any publicity is good publicity... right?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #97

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
RIP to the 2 drivers. Hope this makes everyone realize and always think about your actions and the consequences they might have, not just for you yourself, but for your family and everyone around you too.

Just after the 1:00 mark

Shows - CBC Player

Whole news article

High speed a factor in Lions Gate Bridge crash - British Columbia - CBC News
probably not the most opportune time to say this, BUT...

i HATE the local media and police - ALWAYS first thing they say is 'speed was likely a factor'

it's not speed, in and of itself, that's at fault here - the BS infrastructure and general lack of driver education prior to getting a full licence (an N is effectively a full licence - as in you don't have to drive with a parent)

look around the world, bigger, better, newer roads/bridges, etc. create safer driving conditions, irrelevant of speed

now, an idiot going way faster than traffic - yes, that's stupid, and that is speed, but here, you can be going 65mph on a multiple lane, non residential road, and you'll be deemed a 'danger' and were 'excessively speeding'

it's usually lack of experience, over excitement and too powerful of a car combined that creates a dangerous situation, such as this - but saying 'the bridge was wet' is BS, modern cars and modern tires can handle 80, 100 kpmh on a straight wet road - so it was likely poor driving and lack of experience that caused this tragic accident.

I certainly hope attitudes change in this city away from individual drivers being the 'fault' (although we shouldn't take away personal fault) - and start concentrating on improving road safety through better education and infrastructure

i'm sure i'll get failed by retards on here who think what i'm saying is insensitive, i'm not commenting on this case or these recently deceased, it's a general comment and we could all benefit from improvements to roads and driver skills
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #98

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitez View Post

some ppl aren't fortunate to make a mistake n live to learn from it
don't worry they learned
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #99
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
don't worry they learned

holy fuck alpha, the shit you spewed out, str8 fuck boy shit, stop being a fake bitch with ur peace and unity shit, show ur true colours
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #100
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
I think everyone in this thread really needs to take a

This post thanked by:
Closed Thread