REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #226
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
Different people need various evidence for something to be proved. Others no matter how much you try to explain they don't want to change
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #227
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
Different people need various evidence for something to be proved. Others no matter how much you try to explain they don't want to change
Posted via RS Mobile
The obliviousness of posts like these continue to astound me.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #228
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Right, so one side cites reason and science. The other makes wild claims and offers no evidence or reasoning beyond "Well, we think this happened.", "eyewitnesses" an Rosie O'Donnell.

Makes sense.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #229
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
you're not going to change your viewpoint because you don't believe the government will do such a thing, because everything they do shall be respected, everything on the media is as it is, and so on.
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #230
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,566
Thanked 3,032 Times in 799 Posts
Charles most of your claims have been answered by others but you like to think they're ignoring them. You have yet to reply to some of their questions. I'm going to disregard those previous questions of your as I feel there are sufficient answers from the naysayers.

I'd really like to think that such a powerful government/group could pull off a perfect terror attack when they have an exceptionally large amount of prep time without these mistakes that you find.

Why don't we take a look at what the US government could have done.

Cruise missile hit the pentagon? Do you really think they would use something as obvious as a cruise missile instead of an actual air plane? If this is an inside job we're not talking about men in huts planning an attack. These would be the brightest minds in the world I'm almost certain there wouldn't be any simple mistakes in their plan. The chances of there being eye witness to a plan hitting the tower would be extremely likely they would never have taken a risk like that. It's just a wild accusation.

If they wanted tower 7 down I don't see why they wouldn't have strapped some explosives in the base like they did when there was an earlier attack on WTC (1993 truck bomb). Could easily say it was another attack and that everyone would be distracted with the planes hitting the twin towers.

You pointed out the 9/11 in terminator I believe. So that was back in 1991? They had 10 years (or more) to plan this attack.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #231
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
you're not going to change your viewpoint because you don't believe the government will do such a thing, because everything they do shall be respected, everything on the media is as it is, and so on.
Actually, no. Let me give you an analogy.


When I was a kid, I went to church. I went to the bible classes and learned about god and all that jazz. My dad and his family were strong believers, and my mom said I should go even though she didn't believe just 'cause The Bible is an important book in western literature. As I got older, I started asking questions: things that the people who were guiding me either couldn't or wouldn't answer (sidenote: it was then that I realized that a lot of people go to church for the community more than the faith, and also that I was more skeptical than most).

Fast forward quite a bit, and one of my best friends now is an incredibly faithful convert. He and I now have some fantastic debates on the existence or lack thereof of God; and therein, the amount of truth contained within The Bible. It's very interesting, and some of the people who've been around us as we've been debating have been a wee mite shocked and thought we were arguing.

Now, the reason I enjoy our debates is not because I think I can convince him; "none so zealous as a convert", as they say. No, the reason I enjoy the debates with him and other religious people is simply because I long to be convinced. I want to believe in a God. I've seen the strength of will it lends otherwise weak and potentially useless people. And yes, I realize the power it can wield in a negative way in order to hurt and harm and yadda yadda. Whatever.

The point is when I ask questions it's not because I want to convince you you're wrong, it's because I want you to convince me that you're right. I don't believe everything the media says, and I don't believe that what's done by the government is always in our best interests. Politicians these days don't lead, they just work as hard as possible to not get overthrown. The preponderance of evidence says that the current story about the fall of the towers is exactly as it happened: planes hit them, they fell. Debris came off and hit WTC 7.

I am perfectly willing to listen to alternate explanations, but when those alternate explanations have more holes in them than the official ones, you should understand that I'm not likely to believe those alternatives.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #232
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
you're not going to change your viewpoint because you don't believe the government will do such a thing, because everything they do shall be respected, everything on the media is as it is, and so on.
I believe the government is capable of all sorts of horrendous and illegal things if they want something to go their way. There's just no evidence of that happening in this case.

About the only thing I can see is some intelligence experts had information the towers were going to be attacked by hijacked planes, but in their arrogance or sheer disbelief they never acted on them. Then when it happened they're like "oh shit" and probably started shredding documents that proved they knew. Not because they planned it, but because they were incompetent. Who wants to be remembered in history as "The guy who knew the towers were going to be attacked, but never did anything about it."?

The idiots view of shredding documents is that it must be to cover up some huge conspiracy. I mean, nobody has ever destroyed documents over personal reasons or for their own benefit. Destruction of documents only happens in government coverups. Period.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #233
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
More spam... of course when you cant reply to the information in my posts.

to Graeme S
Your questions are about taking sides, not learning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Charles most of your claims have been answered by others but you like to think they're ignoring them. You have yet to reply to some of their questions. I'm going to disregard those previous questions of your as I feel there are sufficient answers from the naysayers.

I'd really like to think that such a powerful government/group could pull off a perfect terror attack when they have an exceptionally large amount of prep time without these mistakes that you find.

Why don't we take a look at what the US government could have done.

Cruise missile hit the pentagon? Do you really think they would use something as obvious as a cruise missile instead of an actual air plane? If this is an inside job we're not talking about men in huts planning an attack. These would be the brightest minds in the world I'm almost certain there wouldn't be any simple mistakes in their plan. The chances of there being eye witness to a plan hitting the tower would be extremely likely they would never have taken a risk like that. It's just a wild accusation.

If they wanted tower 7 down I don't see why they wouldn't have strapped some explosives in the base like they did when there was an earlier attack on WTC (1993 truck bomb). Could easily say it was another attack and that everyone would be distracted with the planes hitting the twin towers.

You pointed out the 9/11 in terminator I believe. So that was back in 1991? They had 10 years (or more) to plan this attack.
Your spinning the discussion, if you follow the thread of what my side has presented lately regarding the lobby explosions then I'll entertain your comments and questions.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #234
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
to Graeme S
Your questions are about taking sides, not learning.
Certainly my questions are about taking sides. The current belief is...well, the current belief. If you want me to come around to your side, you need to show me why you're right. And as yet, you haven't done that.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #235
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
I just feel sorry for most of guys that you're on record and not comprehending anything that is shown to you.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #236
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,566
Thanked 3,032 Times in 799 Posts
^well that's just a hilarious statement.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #237
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I just feel sorry for most of guys that you're on record and not comprehending anything that is shown to you.
Trust me. We know exactly how you feel, brother.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #238
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post

The idiots view of shredding documents is that it must be to cover up some huge conspiracy. I mean, nobody has ever destroyed documents over personal reasons or for their own benefit. Destruction of documents only happens in government coverups. Period.


..right

If you want to understand what i say then you have to change your approach. Instead of going into it like "Show me evidence, this bullshit doesn't even qualify as evidence!" change it to "maybe i'm wrong, could this actually be true?"

Core beliefs are hard to change, that's why you don't see a catholic turn into an atheist or vice versa in a day, it takes time.
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #239
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
I would love for a group of professors to psycho analyze and measure this thread on the level of information presented and the way it was presented... to see what our educational system is lacking and how powerful propaganda is.
Are our youth so susceptible to what they hear and see on television... have our schools been dumbed down?
To see previous posts of these members... could some just be trolling... we'll never find out but it would be great to know.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #240
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,566
Thanked 3,032 Times in 799 Posts
They could also find out why some members choose to avoid and are incredibly stubborn/paranoid.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #241
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
i gave my reasons, read my posts 10x until you can understand why i say what i say

i remember when i was ignorant lol, just tried to come up with anything to dispute any evidence........

in the end it's your choice, be blissfully ignorant, or be aware of what's going on

listen to some things which ron paul says, or maybe not because he's just full of shit right?
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #242
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
If you want to understand what i say then you have to change your approach. Instead of going into it like "Show me evidence, this bullshit doesn't even qualify as evidence!" change it to "maybe i'm wrong, could this actually be true?"

Core beliefs are hard to change, that's why you don't see a catholic turn into an atheist or vice versa in a day, it takes time.
What do "core beliefs" have to do with anything? This isn't a debate about whether God exists or not or how people were raised. This is a study of evidence and facts before us. If there was any evidence of controlled demolition or thermite then I would be interested in learning more about it. But there just isn't any. Just little kiddies stacking up towers of Jenga blocks to prove the towers were brought down at free-fall speed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
They could also find out why some members choose to avoid and are incredibly stubborn/paranoid.
CiC gave you a Thanks? He's so out of touch he doesn't even know when he's being ridiculed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
i gave my reasons, read my posts 10x until you can understand why i say what i say

i remember when i was ignorant lol, just tried to come up with anything to dispute any evidence........

in the end it's your choice, be blissfully ignorant, or be aware of what's going on

listen to some things which ron paul says, or maybe not because he's just full of shit right?
Sounds like you're the one who's blissfully ignorant. Ignorant of mathematics, chemistry, physics and most of all, logic.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #243
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 1,005 Times in 401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Right, so one side cites reason and science. The other makes wild claims and offers no evidence or reasoning beyond "Well, we think this happened.", "eyewitnesses" an Rosie O'Donnell.

Makes sense.
Posted via RS Mobile
Well you see, it's human nature to accept any sort of reasonable explanation about a tragedy. It's in the average human mind to find peace and calm to problems that will create chaos.

So when an expert throw some explanation at you about why and how the towers fell, you go "oh i see, that makes sense." Truthers that can give you a reasonable explanation already ruled out that it's a conspiracy, that there is nothing suspicious about it so their explanation can only be scientific and reasonable. You are consider among the gullible americans that believe anything seen on TV and read on the newspaper because you prefer to live a life with peace and calm rather than see the truth that is in clear view.

Go back to my previous post about the witnesses that heard the explosions. Let's not talk about the buildings falling because anyone can come up with an explanation. Multiple witnesses described events that cannot be explained. Video captures of WTC 7 imploding can't be explained. So because it cannot be explained, we just ignore it and pretend that it was never there?

I'm not saying that it was a conspiracy or not a conspiracy. All I want to know are answers to what the witnesses described. Why were there multiple explosions. Why was there an explosion at B2 prior to the planes hitting? How come there are firefighters saying there was a second explosion and third before the towers fell? How come it's so much of a coincident.

I know officials cannot answer any of these and so it leaves us wondering if this was really a terrorist attack or an inside job.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #244
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I would love for a group of professors to psycho analyze and measure this thread on the level of information presented and the way it was presented... to see what our educational system is lacking and how powerful propaganda is.
Are our youth so susceptible to what they hear and see on television... have our schools been dumbed down?
To see previous posts of these members... could some just be trolling... we'll never find out but it would be great to know.
Quite possibly the best and most accurate post we will ever see from CiC.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #245
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 1,005 Times in 401 Posts
I'm gonna end it here for me by saying

If you are strictly standing up to one side of the story, you are as ignorant as the opposing side.

People who believe what the news media tells them are no better than those who believe videos of conspiracy and vise versa.

But my questions still stands about eye witnesses that were at the incident and WTC 7. The towers did fell, and possibly by the planes hitting it. But what about the questions that are left unanswered?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #246
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
Ok lol I'm done do and believe whatever you want
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #247
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
And CharlesInCharge let this be a lesson not to start another 911 thread because we have spammed this one to the level of exhaustion.

I too retire.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net