REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #51
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
LOL.. can't believe any of you actually think that punch was remotely necessary to 'control the situation'.

The guy is a douche, and deserves as many tickets as can be legally given. But the cop is guilty of using excessive force. No question. No one in their right mind could say that, given the cyclists actions, a single punch to the jaw was necessary for his cooperation. The officer couldn't handle the situation and resorted to violence, plain and simple.

If anything, a single punch to the jaw would make things more difficult, since most people are going to get instantly aggressive when punched in the face.
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
LOL.. can't believe any of you actually think that punch was remotely necessary to 'control the situation'.

The guy is a douche, and deserves as many tickets as can be legally given. But the cop is guilty of using excessive force. No question. No one in their right mind could say that, given the cyclists actions, a single punch to the jaw was necessary for his cooperation. The officer couldn't handle the situation and resorted to violence, plain and simple.

If anything, a single punch to the jaw would make things more difficult, since most people are going to get instantly aggressive when punched in the face.
If youd o what the COPS as 90% of the time they let you off the hook easy or you won't get handed down to you. Act like you are a downtown yppie and and asshole and you get treated like one.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #53
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
If youd o what the COPS as 90% of the time they let you off the hook easy or you won't get handed down to you. Act like you are a downtown yppie and and asshole and you get treated like one.
Please don't confuse what you wish the law to be with how it actually is.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #54
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Necessary? Maybe not, as an empty hand use of force method of a take down technique could have also been used in this situation as well. But is it allowable, IMO yes, a punch or kick (which is also classified on the same level as a hard empty hand method same as a take down) would be available for an officer to use in situations of active resistance.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #55
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Necessary? Maybe not, as an empty hand use of force method of a take down technique could have also been used in this situation as well. But is it allowable, IMO yes, a punch or kick (which is also classified on the same level as a hard empty hand method same as a take down) would be available for an officer to use in situations of active resistance.

so who gets the dental bill or medical bill when this person suffers an injury that a cop thought was justified cuz he had a bad day? i boxed for a couple years and 1 shot to the jaw can do more damage than most would assume, not always but there is always the chance, someone punched me in the face i would punch back, this was not a way to calm a situation at all, he was not running around threatening people with a sword or trying to break free by any means, give the fucker tickets, but assault is something else
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #56
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
What some people will do to get on the news, or on Youtube. Camera at the ready and giving reason for cops to handcuff/rough you up.

BTW, what does this have to do with ruthless? I thought he just posted something from Facebook.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #57
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
There definitely is more to this story than the video of the cop punching the cyclist.

I do agree with some of the comments on this thread about the cyclist. The dude is not a saint.

If he obeyed traffic rules, like stopping at a red light, and wearing a bike helmet that night, maybe, just maybe, the cops would not arrest him.

The dude gave the VPD a reason to arrest him.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #58
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
What some people will do to get on the news, or on Youtube. Camera at the ready and giving reason for cops to handcuff/rough you up.

BTW, what does this have to do with ruthless? I thought he just posted something from Facebook.
Exactly
Not my video or friend
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #59
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
I find it funny that people are saying he deserved it because he was acting like a douche or that he broke the law. Nobody is arguing that he didn't break the law or wasn't giving the officers lip.

The punch was unwarranted and I disagree that it is "reasonable" force in order to gain compliance from an individual. Punching someone under reasonable force would be if the individual was charging at or attacking the officer. The only thing they had to do was put the guy in an armlock, which they did right after the assault, to gain compliance.
something like this:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #60
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
so who gets the dental bill or medical bill when this person suffers an injury that a cop thought was justified cuz he had a bad day? i boxed for a couple years and 1 shot to the jaw can do more damage than most would assume, not always but there is always the chance, someone punched me in the face i would punch back, this was not a way to calm a situation at all, he was not running around threatening people with a sword or trying to break free by any means, give the fucker tickets, but assault is something else
he can pay his own medical bill fuck him, if he would have just cooperated with the police to begin with instead of trying to like the youtubers not giving ID and what not, he could have just got his ticket and be on his way. It was not the best way for the cop to react but nothing so shocking and out of line.
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #61
Need to Seek Professional Help

lol blame this on Ruthless!!

Honestly, some of yall mentioning that he shouldn't have been biking without a helmet and talking back but what does that have to do with a cop punching a dude in the jaw when he is trying to arrest him? Isn't a cop supposed to be the voice of reason and calm down a situation? He is paid to keep the peace not get violent with someone who has been lippy. I've talked to many cops in many situations and most of them are pretty cool and understand ppl are dumbasses and they let shit slide. This cop straight up has some issues because as soon as shit got a tad bit difficult he clocked the dude. Also, the video shows enough to see that it was unnecessary to punch the dude.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #62
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
2 years ago the cop woulda tazered him and everyone would be screaming "you dont need to use the tazer you are a cop and can handle him by hand"

2 years from now people will say "you dont need to put him in hand cuffs you can just ask him politely"
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #63
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

No one can deny the fact that the punch was effective. One punch, immediate compliance, handcuff on.

Everyone likes to armchair quarterback after the fact and say he could have done this or could have done that which may have worked or may not have worked. He chose a level of force that he thought would get the proper response and it worked!

I will be honest and say if I was blind side punched in the jaw by the cop of his size I would probably be out cold. Watch the punch again, it's obviously not full force. Probably more of a distraction or stun.
Brad Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #64
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I think tackling him to the ground would have been more justified. If you were that concerned for your personal safety you'd want him on the floor rendered defenseless, not reaching around and punch him in the face. I'm not defending the asshole on the bike but I bet the cop punched him out of anger more than because he felt he was in danger.
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #65
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
he can pay his own medical bill fuck him, if he would have just cooperated with the police to begin with instead of trying to like the youtubers not giving ID and what not, he could have just got his ticket and be on his way. It was not the best way for the cop to react but nothing so shocking and out of line.
The whole I.D. part before the time of handcuffing is irrelevant in relation to why the cop punched him. Not giving I.D is a separate issue from resisting arrest. He had already submitted to being handcuffed so the only part thing that prompted the cop to punch him was the movement of his left arm. Like i said before, if you watch how his arm moves it clearly isnt any attempt to escape from the cuffs at all, just a simple readjustment most likely cause his whole arm was bent in an awkward fashion. And this whole thing about him doing it for youtube is fucking stupid. He clearly stated in the article that his buddy had literally just drove by and parked his car and it was less than 4 seconds from the time buddy whipped out thephone to record and when he got punched.
Posted via RS Mobile
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #66
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbj View Post
The whole I.D. part before the time of handcuffing is irrelevant in relation to why the cop punched him. Not giving I.D is a separate issue from resisting arrest. He had already submitted to being handcuffed so the only part thing that prompted the cop to punch him was the movement of his left arm. Like i said before, if you watch how his arm moves it clearly isnt any attempt to escape from the cuffs at all, just a simple readjustment most likely cause his whole arm was bent in an awkward fashion. And this whole thing about him doing it for youtube is fucking stupid. He clearly stated in the article that his buddy had literally just drove by and parked his car and it was less than 4 seconds from the time buddy whipped out thephone to record and when he got punched.
Posted via RS Mobile
how is not giving ID irrelevant? if he did it in the first place then he would just get a ticket and be gone, and playing around with your arms like that could mean anything to a cop. He doesn't know what your thinking and thing can escalate very quickly, from him slowly moving his arm to him all of a sudden fighting.
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
how is not giving ID irrelevant? if he did it in the first place then he would just get a ticket and be gone, and playing around with your arms like that could mean anything to a cop. He doesn't know what your thinking and thing can escalate very quickly, from him slowly moving his arm to him all of a sudden fighting.
Right, and, more often than not, clocking the guy in the side of the head is going to de-escalate things....right....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #68
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
my friend had handcuff training and IIRC if there's resistance they try to force you to bend over and eventually to the ground where it's easier to control and cuff you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
The only thing they had to do was put the guy in an armlock, which they did right after the assault, to gain compliance.
something like this:
that's pretty much what my friend learned. i think kick/step on the back of the knee to get them to kneel and get them on their stomache.

but i think part of his training was also is to instruct them to be loose and not stiff or resist, if they do not comply you're supposed to administer escalating use of physical force.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #69
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
My question is if the guy is still so talkative/cocky after getting clocked in the face, was the punch really unreasonably forceful?

He's not bleeding, he's talking perfectly fine, i doubt he even has a bruise LOL
Cop shouldn't have punched him to begin with ... but it's not like the guy's laying there bleeding with a broken jaw

Guys like this guy try way too hard to make a mountain out of a mole and get some fame. Scum of the first world. They know at the end of the day they will be protected by their rights/freedoms so they try as hard as they can to stretch them in order to get a rise out of police officers. Why not just be compliant and reasonable?

I've been drunk off my ass and had encounters with cops, I don't recall ever being cuffed or punched .. it's about how you handle yourself. Act like a dumbass and get the only thing dumbasses understand in return, force.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
this whole time i thought by riding his "bike" they meant motorcycle lol
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #71

he had a cut lip. saw a pic of him in the province at lunch.

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 03-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #72

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
he had a cut lip. saw a pic of him in the province at lunch.
Oh you saw it at lunch eh? What'd you eat?
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #73

food, was quite filling

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 03-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #74
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
oh my god, if you google it, they actually wasted the time of EMT's to come and give this waste of life first aid.

There's a pic of him on a air supply, are you fucking kidding me? So not only is this douche wasting the time of cops, but EMT's too? This kind of shit really pisses me off, when people unnecessarily go against the system and act like badasses, when they themselves know they are entirely dependant on it.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #75

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbj View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
go watch all those reality tv cop shows

dont you know...everytime someone tries to fight or run from the cops is right after the first hand is cuffed and before the 2nd cuff goes on
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote