REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #151
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Well if your not going to reply Ill make a partial rebuttal... the media works hand in hand with government policies... if it reports some controversies its because people might be quick to find alternative sources to get the real truth... which they already are. This is why PressTV is being banned in Canada also.
PressTV - Press TV, iFilm taken off air in US, Canada
Wow, your stupidity has reached a new level.

I went to Youtube and was able to browse and watch all of PressTV's videos. I'm also able to visit their website and read articles and watch videos. Not that I'd want to watch that useless propaganda, but if I had an IQ of <80 and I did want to - well they are there waiting for me.

Please tell me, you fucking idiot, how PressTV is banned in Canada when I still have access to their information? Even the link you provided was to PressTV's own website. How fucking stupid that you claim it's banned yet use their own website to tell us they're banned.
Advertisement
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #152
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I found a news report about the police brutality video I posted... you can clearly see how the beating clip was edited to not show the whole story... I cant believe people still dont get that the media is not on their side but against.
Violent Police Arrest Surveillance Video Released in Quebec Court - YouTube
Your stupidity knows no bounds. First you claim the VPD video shows all we need to see when everyone else is saying we need to see the whole video. Now you're claiming the Montreal video was edited and the "full version" shows the truth. Hypocritical much?
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #153
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Please tell me, you fucking idiot, how PressTV is banned in Canada when I still have access to their information?
I'll take your word for that - I'm not watching any PressTV videos because I need my 156 IQ points kept intact. I estimate each viewing of a PressTV video costs an average of one IQ point - at this rate Chuckles is probably well into the negative range.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #154
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
subscribed to see what kind of future assumptions are made about the cyclist and the guy who recorded the video
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #155
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,793
Thanked 4,701 Times in 1,887 Posts
tbh i'm starting to miss the good ol' days of CiC posting about his paper mache projects
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #156
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
tbh i'm starting to miss the good ol' days of CiC posting about his paper mache projects
Oh, he still is... they're just all inside his head now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #157
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 181
Thanked 109 Times in 44 Posts
Do you people think it's OK to arrest a person just because they are talking shit to the cops?
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #158
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,586
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I'll take your word for that - I'm not watching any PressTV videos because I need my 156 IQ points kept intact. I estimate each viewing of a PressTV video costs an average of one IQ point - at this rate Chuckles is probably well into the negative range.
I spent a few hours watching/listening to PressTV a while back when the 9/11 thread was still going. I'll admit that certain news coverage seemed relatively impartial but as soon as they started talking about anything to do with the West, you could see a huge bias enter their pieces. Tons of loaded language, rhetoric and false assumptions based on incorrect information.

PressTV = Iran's Fox News
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #159
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,586
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Do you people think it's OK to arrest a person just because they are talking shit to the cops?
It depends on the situation, so a generic yes or no answer doesn't work. There will always be people out there who tells cops to fuck off even if said officer is simply trying to prevent that person from walking into the line of fire of a hostage situation. In a case like that, then yes, I'd say it's okay. But if it's merely someone giving a cop a bit of lip because they got puled over for speeding, then no.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #160
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Do you people think it's OK to arrest a person just because they are talking shit to the cops?
Of course not... in fact, talking shit to cops itself is not a crime and such an arrest would never stand up.

Which is why it's clear there's more going on in this video than we've been told.

Found a song for Chuckles, BTW:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #161
RS controls my life!
 
hopalong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: vancity
Posts: 748
Thanked 274 Times in 51 Posts
You can hear the other officer say "don't pull away" right before he got punched. WWJD? Hmmmm I think he would of punched him in the face too!
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #162
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy
 
snails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in a shell
Posts: 2,580
Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Well if your not going to reply Ill make a partial rebuttal... the media works hand in hand with government policies... if it reports some controversies its because people might be quick to find alternative sources to get the real truth... which they already are. This is why PressTV is being banned in Canada also.
PressTV - Press TV, iFilm taken off air in US, Canada
everyone, put on your tinfoil caps, the government is watching!

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #163
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
nns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,101
Thanked 1,747 Times in 533 Posts
One question: if the fellow being arrested is a healthy, normal human being with no disability or prior injury which prevents him from putting his hand behind his back, then why did he pull his hand away?

Our cops aren't perfect, nor is our court and justice system. But I'd definitely take our flawed system over a completely messed up system, EG: some third-world country...or Mexico.


Just my thoughts.
__________________
nns
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #164
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Do you people think it's OK to arrest a person just because they are talking shit to the cops?
I was going to reply to this but I got distracted and forgot.

Like Lomac says, it's one of those things that really depends and you can never make a universal declaration one way or the other. Do I think someone should get arrested (or detained) solely for mouthing off at the cops? Absolutely not. Do I think that the police are justified in situations where they or others are put at risk? For sure.

The police are often put in dangerous or risky situations--situations that wouldn't occur to most people. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned walking by a club while there's some crazy shit going down. They have no idea who's involved, and guess whose neck is on the line if they let a person who committed assault go? Let's imagine you start freaking out while getting a speeding ticket or parking infraction. If you jump out and start swinging at a cop, his first instinct is going to be to jump back--guess where that puts him? In traffic. Words are often the first step towards greater acts of aggression, and the police (whether we like to admit it or not) will often have a better sense of judgement in terms of who is likely to freak the fuck out and start getting crazy. Preemptive action is sometimes necessary to ensure that the situation doesn't get out of hand, even if it doesn't calm down.

Unfortunately, there's no way to prove what a person "would have done", so the police are often on the wrong end of a very shitty stick: "But I wasn't going to do anything, your Honour, I was just upset and angry and yelling!". This claim is often made by people in these kinds of situations, and the media is always glad to report on them--but does not always do due diligence in finding out whether or not the individual is the type of person to regularly get in to these kinds of issues, or whether this truly is a one-shot deal.

That last is one of the thing I have to say I love about the internet. Interwebs detectives are often fantastic at weeding out the backstory and a more detailed truth than that which is presented in a single snippet in the media.

Who needs the Province to report on shootings and traffic accidents when we've got RS?
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #165
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
epicbeardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: van
Posts: 153
Thanked 54 Times in 23 Posts
Idiot cyclist runs a red light while not wearing a helmet. Cop car pulls up. *FREEZE FRAME* *CHAPELLE SHOW VOICE* "At this point Hamid the Cyclist was faced with 2 decisions: either accept the fact that he had blatantly broken 2 laws simultaneously while furthering admitting that "Bro it was 4 in the morning. there are no cars around bro. bro. do you know who I am bro??" was not a legitimate excuse for his actions.

OR... Deny he was at fault. Use the aforementioned argument as his first line of defence for his actions, and attempt to resist arrest FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

WHEN KEEPING IT REAL GOES WRONG.

*continues video*
epicbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net