REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #101
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Regardless of whether the cyclist is in the wrong or right.....he didn't do anything to warrant getting punched in the face.
This is the problem with all this: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE DID. OR didn't do. Nobody but the people who were there know what led up to this, and so far those details have not been fully reported.

Quote:
Just looks like this cop wasnt good with dealing w/ confrontation.....and decided to take out some anger on this unlucky guy...unlucky for the cop that this was caught on camera...or else this would just get swept under the rug....
Yeah... convenient, isn't it? The video just happens to start at the exact right moment to make the cop look like a total asshole and the biker look like some poor sap being picked on by The Man.

For all we know, this guy and his buddies went out looking for cops to bait into some sort of physical action, actually had the video rolling the whole time, and then edited it to start at the right point to support their goal. No helmet, no light, blowing through a red? Does this not sound AT ALL to anyone like someone who's TRYING to attract a cop's attention?

Anyway, the cop-hating fucktards can continue to hash this out all over social media; the fact remains, none of them - and none of us - know what actually went down that night beyond what the video's creator has chosen to make available.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #102
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
I seem to remember a similar "fuck the POH-lees" mentality when that skateboarder who got busted by the police dogs yelled wolf after smashing Translink bus doors. People screamed police brutality, and I said "Well, let's just see what the evidence says."

Then it turned out he went on a drunken rampage and freaked out and shit...and suddenly the issue disappeared. I'm not saying that the cop isn't wrong, and I'm not saying the dude is right. I am, however, saying that a measured approach is better than casting blame right away.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #103
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

who calls paramedic for one punch to the face? common man....
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #104
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
I think he did that so he can file a police report. You can't make official accusations if you didn't get it professionally looked at.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
I think he did that so he can file a police report. You can't make official accusations if you didn't get it professionally looked at.
Which just makes the whole thing even more suspicious - milking it, playing it up...
Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #106
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Actually it'd be the police who'd call EHS for the man. Since he's in police custody, I don't think he'd be using a cellphone to call the ambulamps for himself. It's the policy's responsibility to make sure the man is safe even if he is under arrest. In fact, especially because he's under arrest. Just think of all the in-custody deaths that have made the news. The police don't want to get sued because they leave a man to bleed to death. So either they call EHS on his behalf and at his request or they do it anyway despite him refusing EHS. They never refuse to call when the suspect requests EHS attendance.

And it doesn't take much to be in a police report. As soon as it became more than just a VT, a report would have been required. Even more so with use-of-force.

---

Unfortunately for the police this looks pretty bad, especially out of context for most people. Hand strikes, knee strikes, are all valid pain compliance techniques that are taught to members. The point is to break the suspect's resistance for that split second to get the cuffs on. Ever since the Dziekański incident at YVR, police have been very careful about use-of-force as perceived by the public especially in this day and age of cellphone videos. With that in mind, it's interesting to note that the police officer, knowing that he was being recorded from less than 10ft away, still decided to use a hand strike to gain compliance of this suspect.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #107
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Just watched a video where the guy recording it was being interviewed and he was wearing his shirt with clubzone.com on it. hahah must take every chance I can get to market my product!
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #108
I STILL don't get it

"who calls paramedic for one punch to the face? common man...."

c'mon man, the common man needs medical service.
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #109
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
When you're on a bike, stopping for meaningless red lights makes you lose momentum and much energy.
Stopping for a red light with a semi-truck loses momentum and energy and wastes fuel (and creates more pollution) getting back up to speed.

Therefore, semi-trucks should be allowed to do rolling stops.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #110

^Hey, same applies to me Jeep... or to a Smart, or to a fully electric car, for that matter. Obviously this means everyone should simply ignore stop signs and meaningless red lights.
Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #111
I subscribe to Revscene

Nice to see dangonay's comparable laws of physics at play here.
Im for bicyclist roaming around freely as they can, if they cant cope with these 3000 pound Rhinos on the road, thats called natural selection and will breed the poor with better physical abilities to help survive a future rapture implemented for world depopulation.

I find it pretty sad that members are accepting of this kind of savagely treatment with our police state tactics creating fear in citizens hearts as not to cross the government, because the police will come and break your bones.
People dont know any better or have never been in a decent society... few being the Nordic countries which no cell phone videos emerge of violent confrontations.
This is like the case of the 5 monkeys. watch?v=KZeiSKnhOBc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #112

^ This video fits CiC to a 'T'.

Lets take some video evidence and edit it to suit out needs, leaving out any facts that might be counter to our position. Then we get people to watch this video and tell them this is what really happened. If anyone questions the video they must be blind since the evidence is right before your eyes.

BTW, you keep bringing up physics when it's clear you don't even understand the basics yourself. I could ask you a question but you'd probably just tell me to watch a video. It's easy to fool stupid people. Don't be upset that most RS'ers aren't dumb enough to believe the same things you do.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #113

Quote:
Nice to see dangonay's comparable laws of physics at play here.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #114
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Quote:
I find it pretty sad that members are accepting of this kind of savagely treatment with our police state tactics creating fear in citizens hearts as not to cross the government, because the police will come and break your bones.
People dont know any better or have never been in a decent society... few being the Nordic countries which no cell phone videos emerge of violent confrontations.
im a citizen, i do not live in fear of the police, does anybody else? big tip for those who do, if you're being a retard, belligerent, or think you know better than the police... you're going to have a bad time.
on this situation specifically im not picking sides or making any judgement just because there isnt enough information. but generally, even a lot of my close friends... they do have the "fuck the police" mentality so when they are confronted by the law, they act like total idiots thinking they're better than the police.
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
im a citizen, i do not live in fear of the police, does anybody else? big tip for those who do, if you're being a retard, belligerent, or think you know better than the police... you're going to have a bad time.
on this situation specifically im not picking sides or making any judgement just because there isnt enough information. but generally, even a lot of my close friends... they do have the "fuck the police" mentality so when they are confronted by the law, they act like total idiots thinking they're better than the police.
+1000000000.

Frankly, if you're "living in fear of the police" in this country, it probably means you're a fucktard who's 10 seconds away from getting punched in the face by the average person most of the time, nevermind by Johnny Law... and in fact, "the law" is probably the only thing that's stopping a group of pissed off regular citizens from giving you a righteous beatdown in the first place.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #116

Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #117

Quote:
but generally, even a lot of my close friends... they do have the "fuck the police" mentality so when they are confronted by the law, they act like total idiots thinking they're better than the police.
Bingo.

Let's say you have two people walking down the street past a brawl in front of a nightclub. The police tell both people to stop and stand against the wall where they can see you.

Person #1 realizes there's some shit going down, goes and stands by the wall. They did nothing wrong and know that they'll be on their way shortly once the police have everything settled down.

Person #2 asks the officer "what for?" The officer tells them again to stand by the wall. He replies "I haven't done anything wrong." and keeps walking. Again the officer tells them to stand by the wall. He replies "I'm not doing anything until you tell me why" while continuing to walk past the incident.

I'm sure we all know a person #2. Someone who's always beligerent towards the police or authority and has this "I don't take shit from anyone" attitude. Then they get surprised when the police tackle them and cuff them for not complying with their request.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #118
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
You're a citizen that will probably make no resistance if there was a draft to fight imperial wars, taking you or your children.
You only have to look up police brutality at the Toronto G8 protests to see that this is a police state already and the people have no voice to protest human slaughter in our countries name. Most of the time people arent breaking laws but are made to bend over when the police ask to do so and most bystanders are ready to film the incident because the police are trained to enforce to the maximum and will make a scene like a UFC fight for a warrant-less incident.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-30-2013 at 11:05 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #119
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
You're a citizen that will probably make no resistance if there was a draft to fight imperial wars, taking you or your children.
You only have to look up police brutality at the Toronto G8 protests to see that this is a police state already and the people have no voice to protest human slaughter in our countries name. Most of the time people arent breaking laws but are made to bend over when the police ask to do so and most bystanders are ready to film the incident because the police are trained to enforce to the maximum and will make a scene like a UFC fight for a warrant-less incident.
If ever the occasion arises in my lifetime where the sovereignty of Canada is in jeopardy, I would be more than willing to join my brothers in arms to fight for what we have back home.

There would be no need for a draft.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #120
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Quote:
oh im sorry i must have been asleep for the last draft to fight the imperial wars, please fill me in with your wisdom upon the last war youve fought. do you really expect me to take anything you say serious with probablys and ifs?
first you speak for the "citizens" having the police strike fear into their hearts, i can disagree on that fact merely because you do not speak for the majority but rather yourself. then because i disagree, it allows you to make assumptions of what i may or may not do if a imperial war may or may not happen if by chance anakin does turn to the dark side.
point being is, your opinion is your own, stop speaking on behalf of those you think you represent, stop making assumptions and give me some proof before you expect me to believe anything you say.
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #121
I subscribe to Revscene

I originally said the police strike fear into peoples hearts if they think they can cross the government.
The problem I have with your statement is that there is enough information on the video showing how calmly he is being arrested by the police officers in the first place, but for the cop to only violent clash into his jaw for a minor twitch.
If you cant make a judgement of this situation being out of hand, to me, you dont see us humans with equal rights and are too accepting of the system to question these actions... which I conclude you as being a docile citizen who would take the none rebellion path if the system was to confront you.
... and yes for imperial wars because this country is a ZioAmerican controlled one.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-30-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #122
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
what the fuck happened to this thread lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #123
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
what the fuck happened to this thread lol
People expressed their opinions on the side of either the cops or the dude, argued back and forth, it petered out a bit because most people essentially realized that a more thorough investigation would be needed.

And then good ol' Chuck took the thread and derailed it into conspiracyville.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #124
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I don't think you punch a guy to get him to stop resisting...........Cops are supposed to take a guy down, not throw punches.....
I am taking it you are a trained police officer with the most up to date training tactics to have made that comment, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbj View Post
Dude in the video the guy being cuffed is clearly not trying to pull his arm away, he's trying to readjust his arm like he explained later in the video. If you watch the video he wiggles his arm and moves it slightly to his left (probably 2-3 inches over) over the course of almost 3 full seconds. If he was trying to resist he would have snapped his arm away which would take at most 1 full second.
If you were being detained/arrested would you wiggle around like that? Would you not be as cooperative as possible? Do you not think that a police officer who you have your back to, would think that you are trying to resist if you were moving your arm around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
One of my friends was coming out of the 7-11 when this was happening. According to her, prior to the punch, the guy was arguing with the officers and refusing to provide ID.

So this cyclist, runs a red light (no visible traffic is not an excuse for blowing through a red light, too many cyclist ignore road laws) , rides without an helmet or lights, gets pulled over, that's already enough reason for an officer to pull him over, detain him and in restraints if they feel necessary, while they determine his identity and write him the tickets. If the guy was being verbally combative and not co-operating/refusing to provide his ID, even more reason to detain him in restraints, while they figure out his identity and write him up for the violations.

Officer is trying to cuff him and he pulls his arm away, that is resisting arrest, officer uses force, justified IMO. He shouldn't be pulling his arm away and ignoring police commands, for all the officer knew he could have been pulling his arm away to reach for a weapon.
When I first saw the video (albeit the cropped 2 min version of a 10 min video), I already assumed that he was being arrested for Obstruction. Police don't have powers of arrest for the MVA infractions buddy committed. Failing to produce ID itself is an offence under the MVA. Furthermore, if a police officer cannot confirm who you are, and you are not cooperating, you risk being arrested for Obstruction, which is a Criminal Code Offence.

Op should post the full video, but he obviously won't because it will only incriminate his buddy.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #125
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
I originally said the police strike fear into peoples hearts if they think they can cross the government.
The problem I have with your statement is that there is enough information on the video showing how calmly he is being arrested by the police officers in the first place, but for the cop to only violent clash into his jaw for a minor twitch.
If you cant make a judgement of this situation being out of hand, to me, you dont see us humans with equal rights and are too accepting of the system to question these actions... which I conclude you as being a docile citizen who would take the none rebellion path if the system was to confront you.
... and yes for imperial wars because this country is a ZioAmerican controlled one.
That is YOUR perception from the 2 min video clip. You know what you should do? A ride along with the cops that patrol the Beat in the DTES. Spend a day with the "mean and evil" men in Blue. See if your perception changes.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: