REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #126
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Op has nothing to do with this god people....
Advertisement
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #127
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Op has nothing to do with this god people....
When I said OP, I meant the OP of the video. The guy who uploaded it onto facebook and youtube
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #128
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
That is YOUR perception from the 2 min video clip. You know what you should do? A ride along with the cops that patrol the Beat in the DTES. Spend a day with the "mean and evil" men in Blue. See if your perception changes.
If everyone could be a potential terrorist or a needle wielding suspect, then shouldnt tazers or guns be pulled out for every time someone was to be put in handcuffs? Have them get on their knees with their hands on their heads?
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #129
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
If everyone could be a potential terrorist or a needle wielding suspect, then shouldnt tazers or guns be pulled out for every time someone was to be put in handcuffs? Have them get on their knees with their hands on their heads?
No one ever said they were potential terrorists or needle wielding suspects. If someone is not cooperating, and is moving around while they are arrested/being cuffed, anyone with common sense will find it fishy. You need to take into consideration the following

- why is an individual not identifying him/herself when they are obligated to when under police detention/arrest

- why are they moving around and not complying to your commands

At this point, buddy is not cuffed, and has not been searched. No one knows if he has a gun, knife, or any means of harming himself/others/or the police officers.

Again, show me the whole video, and I will retract everything I have said, if the guy was unlawfully arrested, and did not Obstruct the police.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #130
I subscribe to Revscene

Anyone standing up for police procedures, explain this one where a Toronto man was repeatedly kicked in the nuts even after being subdued a few months back.
The police are trained to terrorize, not be peace officers.

You wont see this on Canadian TV, but only PressTV, a voice for the voiceless.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #131
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
No one ever said they were potential terrorists or needle wielding suspects. If someone is not cooperating, and is moving around while they are arrested/being cuffed, anyone with common sense will find it fishy. You need to take into consideration the following

- why is an individual not identifying him/herself when they are obligated to when under police detention/arrest

- why are they moving around and not complying to your commands

At this point, buddy is not cuffed, and has not been searched. No one knows if he has a gun, knife, or any means of harming himself/others/or the police officers.

Again, show me the whole video, and I will retract everything I have said, if the guy was unlawfully arrested, and did not Obstruct the police.
People will instinctively have some fear when being arrested... there is no childhood training or proper information being told to citizens of how to act and that they ultimately have no rights.
I can understand the police need to be careful and there are proper procedures for most situations but the system doesnt work like that.

In my eyes the police have lost all credibility with our rulers ways and giving immunity to what ever happens.
Chris Doner was actually a voice of truth with his manifesto and many people agreed. The system is broken, until then there will always be friction and resistance to police.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-30-2013 at 02:10 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #132
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
I don't think people will instinctively have fear when they're being detained by police. Having worked downtown and had a girlfriend who lived there, there've been times when the police have told me/us to stop, move to the side, or wait to be talked to. I never felt fear or anxiety because I knew I had never done anything.

I will say, however, that there is a fine line to be walked.

On one hand, it's good to cooperate with officers when you can--if you're walking by an incident and the officer tells you to stop, as was posited earlier, then go ahead and do it. I mean, what's the harm? But there are certainly times when you need not comply because those requests are unreasonable. A prime example would be that of the G8/G20 protests in Toronto. That was just a giant clusterfuck of misery that cost $858m (about 20m less than the Olympic security...how's that for efficiency?) Legal protests that were sabotaged by the few on both sides.

But we can't use anecdotal and extremely specific examples to shit on the whole world. While the craziest of police officers will say that they are "the thin blue line between the world and anarchy", the so-called freedom-fighting anarchists insist that "they are there to break down the manufactured walls of society and make everyone equal!". Extremists on both sides are a bunch of assholes.

Be a good person, and you won't have as many problems. Funnily enough, because I've been mugged and because I once had to call the cops for an incident at my house (nonviolent, an issue with a friend and medication) I would be "known to police" if anything were to ever happen to me. And yet I have no fear of them, I've talked with them and even have a couple friends who have become or will become police officers.

People are people. Be the best one that you can be and things will be less problematic for you.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #133
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
The problem I have with your statement is that there is enough information on the video showing how calmly he is being arrested by the police officers in the first place, but for the cop to only violent clash into his jaw for a minor twitch.
If you cant make a judgement of this situation being out of hand, to me, you dont see us humans with equal rights and are too accepting of the system to question these actions...
You're a fucking idiot. How can you make a judgement based on an shortened and edited version of a video? There is not enough information in the video to make any conclusion.

No wait, I'm wrong. There is enough evidence to prove one thing: the person who uploaded the video purposely edited it to remove the events that led up to the cuffs being applied. That speaks volumes right there. Why edit the video? You're not paying for the Youtube bandwidth so it costs you nothing.

But then again, you're used to this type of "reporting" since it's also a tactic employed by those conspiracy nut jobs - only show the evidence to support your theory and suppress the rest.

Quote:
Anyone standing up for police procedures, explain this one where a Toronto man was repeatedly kicked in the nuts even after being subdued a few months back.
You're a fucking idiot X2. Those officers in Toronto were not following police procedures when they struck that individual. It's irrelevant as is pretty much everything that comes of your puppet hole.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #134
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:

You wont see this on Canadian TV, but only PressTV, a voice for the voiceless.
Again with this PressTV shit. A voice for the voiceless? More like state-run and slanted.

Simply put, if you aren't a twat and just do what a police officer asks of you and you KNOW you didn't do anything wrong, then things go smoothly and you're on your way. If you get a ticket? Take it to court then. If the request is unreasonable, like what Graeme said, then it becomes a clusterfuck and investigations are launched.

On a side note-I think I've figured out where you get your logic and your ridiculous claims Chuck. I'll just leave this here because it ALL makes sense.

What ? - YouTube
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #135
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
That is YOUR perception from the 2 min video clip. You know what you should do? A ride along with the cops that patrol the Beat in the DTES. Spend a day with the "mean and evil" men in Blue. See if your perception changes.
Chuckles doesn't WANT his perception challenged with first-hand reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #136
I subscribe to Revscene

Im all about living in a civilized country, where punishment is judged by a trial and Jury. Its no wonder Canada's human rights ranking is tanking from the top to 11th on the U.N. chart.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #137

Quote:
Im all about living in a civilized country, where punishment is judged by a trial and Jury. Its no wonder Canada's human rights ranking is tanking from the top to 11th on the U.N. chart.
If Canada is so terrible, why do you live here? Why don't you go to one of these "better" countries?
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #138
I subscribe to Revscene

Why cant you realize there are problems in this country and want to fix them?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #139

Maybe because I live in reality, rather than with my head jammed up PressTV's ass?
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #140

And yes, I agree there are problems... but nothing like you keep going on about.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #141
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:
So tell me, where does Iran rank on those stats?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #142
I subscribe to Revscene

The U.N. is mostly a western makeup... I was surprised they sent a person to further investigate the human rights in Canada but he was later kicked out
Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #143
The Lone Wanderator

Is Canada a perfect nation? No. Not by any means. Are there abuses in Canada? Absolutely. However, the key question is here: Are they systemic?

In my opinion, no. There are certainly individual reactions to being within a certain situation (ie: having power) which are difficult to control regardless. People who were efficient workers begin to skim or graft when they become managers because they feel they deserve it or are entitled--this is not a systemic problem unless you consider "power" to be a universal system. Everyone faces challenges when they are given more power--this is not something that you or I or anyone else can change. You freely admit that if you were given power you'd make significant sweeping changes. And as evidenced by this board, your changes are unpopular.

So what makes you different from them?

Nothing. "The best intentions pave the road to hell. High ideals to the same". It's a lyric from a metal band my Aunt sent me when I was still in elementary school, and it's stuck by me. And yes, I am aware of the biblical links. But it's true. When we do things that we think are good, we often end up treading on others, intentionally or not. Many Police officers do have an admittedly paternalistic view of society. Just look at the cop who writes for the 24. Personally I think he's a jackass and I disagree with one whole hell of a lot of what he writes. But I understand that his experiences are very different than mine.

When Canada is investigated by international organizations, I am disappointed. When we kick them out and say "fuck off!" it disappoints me more--If we're going to be standing on a pedestal preaching to others on how to live their lives, it seems to me that we had damned well better live up to our own directives. If not, then we really do become nothing more than America Junior.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #144
I subscribe to Revscene

Police immunity is systematic, aiding in ZioAmerican wars is systematic, corporate style profits over health, disenfranchising the lands natives, looting the natural resources, are all systematic.
Fractional reserve banking, voting fraud, schemed depressions, schemed inflation's, and scamming the public at large, systematic!

This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #145
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:
Police immunity is systematic, aiding in ZioAmerican wars is systematic, corporate style profits over health, disenfranchising the lands natives, looting the natural resources, are all systematic.
Fractional reserve banking, voting fraud, schemed depressions, schemed inflation's, and scamming the public at large, systematic!

Recall Formula - Fight Club Typographical Animation - YouTube
All of which, aside from the first, are unrelated to the case at hand.

Remember that you are welcome to commentate on whatever you like, but you cannot completely derail threads.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #146
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:

Recall Formula - Fight Club Typographical Animation - YouTube
WHAT? You sound like one of those dudes who stands on a street corner and spews garbage like this.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #147
RS Veteran

Quote:
Why cant you realize there are problems in this country and want to fix them?
OMG, I don't even know why I am wasting my time replying. But here goes.

First, I am not going to reply about the incident in Toronto because I wasn't there, and I don't give 2 shits about what the media has to say about anything. There are always 3 sides to the story. What he said. What she said. And the TRUTH. Why are you going on a rant regarding police in Canada when this thread was about the the VPD incident.

Secondly, have you even lived in another country and experienced the law enforcement officers there? If you believe Canada is SO bad maybe you should move. The reason the people in Canada thinks police brutality is so bad/a concern in Canada is because of the media. Guess what, barely anything exciting happens in Canada, so guess what happens when Joe Blow with a Criminal Record posts an edited version of his "law abiding buddy" being punched by a police officer means!! DING DING DING media score!

Only in Canada the media wastes their time entertaining and feeding trolls like you.

Lastly, there is no police agency in the world that doesn't have its problems. But saying that law abiding citizens should be concerned about their safety BECAUSE of police. Give me a EFFIN break. I am not going to reply to your posts anymore, as it looks like Soundy and a few others have been doing a good job putting you in your place.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #148
I subscribe to Revscene

Well if your not going to reply Ill make a partial rebuttal... the media works hand in hand with government policies... if it reports some controversies its because people might be quick to find alternative sources to get the real truth... which they already are. This is why PressTV is being banned in Canada also.
PressTV - Press TV, iFilm taken off air in US, Canada
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #149
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Quote:
OMG, I don't even know why I am wasting my time replying. But here goes.

^yeah after i realize he has no credibility i just stopped entertaining him. seems like he always has an opinion based on zero experience sitting behind his computer.

but back on topic, the general idea is there is just not enough information from the video to make a conclusive decision. but ive seen plenty of reactions from this already

-those who are reacting immediately and demand the officer be fired
-those who would like to know more about what occurred in the time leading up to the event
-those who sympathize with the officer because of first hand or personal experience
-and those who blame zionist, terrorist, occupy vancouver, and aliens
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #150
I subscribe to Revscene

I found a news report about the police brutality video I posted... you can clearly see how the beating clip was edited to not show the whole story... and people think the media is on their side.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-30-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Embed fixed
This post FAILED by: