REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #2176
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,562 Times in 5,158 Posts
^ Damn you edited it!! I was gonna quote the "off we went to bed" part but I was looking for 320icar's picture from the other thread:

Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:40 AM   #2177
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
No idea what you're on about bro

Old 04-15-2022, 06:11 AM   #2178
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,526 Times in 4,911 Posts
When was the last time southbound Peace Arch was an hour and a half long. It’s only 7:00 am. Long weekend. Shift change and extra lanes get added at this time, so maybe that’s why. I usually go on Mondays, but that’s when people would be coming back. Wednesday, it is.

Update: 3 hours at Peace Arch. WTF???
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 04-15-2022 at 07:45 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 03:14 PM   #2179
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Truck Crossing is/was f—ked
6+ hours
still counting
Old 04-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #2180
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,400 Times in 5,672 Posts
That’s worth the $13 in gas savings
Old 04-15-2022, 04:45 PM   #2181
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,921 Posts
Can anyone predict what it will be like tomorrow ... or was it just the first day of long weekend rush? Coming home on Monday will be like a ZOO!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:39 PM   #2182
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
peace arch nexus:

monday 4pm no cars

saturday long weekend 12pm no cars, return 730pm half dozen cars <10min (i put arrivecan as truck xing but billboard said 25min so i tried peace arch instead)

truck xing return:

monday 1130pm no cars

just avoid sunday mornings after 9 and sunday dinner time returns
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #2183
MG1

Anyone been to an Amazon Go store?

Sounds interesting.......... first ever location has been in Seattle since 2018.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:40 PM   #2184
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post

Sounds interesting.......... first ever location has been in Seattle since 2018.
I went when they first opened, but came out with nothing because they only had the basics milk&eggs/soft drinks/chips/cup noodles/basic produce so I didn't feel the need to spend money on the novelty of it.
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2022, 05:58 AM   #2185

Thanked 2,184 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:

They've expanded the concept now to include a grocery store using the same tech - Amazon Fresh: https://www.amazon.com/fmc/m/3000317...1hem9uIEZyZXNo

Haven't been to either but considering it's expanding I'm guessing that it's working.

Love the SNL take on it:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2022, 12:29 PM   #2186
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
They've expanded the concept now to include a grocery store using the same tech - Amazon Fresh: https://www.amazon.com/fmc/m/3000317...1hem9uIEZyZXNo

Haven't been to either but considering it's expanding I'm guessing that it's working.

Love the SNL take on it: https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1502873834029989889
reminds me of the "hurry up & buy" scene from don't be a menace parody

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:42 PM   #2187
MG1

Went down to Bellingham Wednesday just because I can............ picked up usual stuff from Trader Joe's and my favourite items from Winco. Orange Chicken and Northwest Pea Salad from the deli. The pea salad is made from peas and bacon. Usually they skimp on the bacon, but today they had a shitload of bacon in the salad. Yummmm.......... Orange chicken was good, but it looks like they aren't drowning the chicken in that awesome orange sauce anymore. Just enough to cover the chicken and no more. I get their General Tso Chicken as well, but not this time. The chicken is ready to eat, but I refrain from eating it till I get home. Gotta have it with freshly made rice.

I also went to Costco to get some groceries and fill up the car. As I'm leaving, I see some cars going the other direction. I did not know there was another exit to Costco. The entrance/exit takes you to the street that runs parallel with the Freeway (Pacific Hwy). So cool, as you can bypass the clusterfuck traffic at the light where Fred Meyer is. Of all the bloody times I've been to the Costco on Arctic Avenue, I never knew about this exit. I knew about the other exit on Arctic Avenue. I take it once in a while to take the side roads to Slater Rd via Mahogany Avenue. Anyway, I can now hit Pacific Hwy and go to and from Silver Reef and Costco without dealing with on and off ramps.

Crossing back at around 2:00 pm at Douglas Border Crossing, the line up was one or two cars long. I go into lane number two and wow, the prettiest border guard I've ever seen is in the booth. Not hot, cute, or beautiful. Just terminally pretty (as in the Eagles hit, "Life in the Fast Lane.") Being old with eyesight not so great anymore, I didn't try to read her name tag. I would be accused of staring, hee hee. And, of course, I had to strike up a conversation......................

BTW, I love the WSDOT app. Border wait times, along with traffic conditions on all roads, highways, Amtrak Cascades info/schedule, and even ferry wait times. The app used to have southbound border crossing info, but that has since been removed. They do, however, have cameras at the borders in both directions. Check out the cameras along the I-5. Amazing network. From Canada/US Border all the way down to Portland, Or. Hundreds of cameras. Do we have anything like this in BC?

Last edited by MG1; 04-20-2022 at 11:47 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #2188
Performance Moderator

You should start taking orders and charging commission for TJ's stuff lol
Old 04-21-2022, 10:07 AM   #2189
MG1

^Lol.......... no. I have a very simple life. No need to complicate it.

As I type, I'm watching the Jays' game with a bowl of TJ's Organic Corn Dippers and Avocado Tzatziki Dip............. which reminds me. I have a can of Sparkling Strawberry Juice somewhere in the back of the fridge.

I usually watch/listen to the games in the garage via SN Now, while working on the cars, but it's a little nippy outside. I'm too frugal to crank up the heater. More sunny days to come. Honda Minder shows 5% left before oil change, so no hurry.

Last edited by MG1; 04-21-2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #2190
MG1

Just left Costco gas bar. I heard the attendants talking about the car wash they’re building at the corner of the alternative exit. Nice!

Old 04-25-2022, 12:02 PM   #2191
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,738 Times in 901 Posts
Went to pr yesterday and surprisingly there was no line up to go down and like 5 car wait coming back up. I guess everyone is flocking to the real us.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #2192

flew out of bellingham down to florida on the 14th. beat the traffic and nexus was easy

came back over at like 1am yesterday morning, only 1 lane open but 3 cars in line. regular questions and nothing special. easy return, not a single covid-ish question

zero covid in florida, was awesome. had to wear a mask on the plane going down but while we were there they removed that mandate so no mask on the flights back or in the airport
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2022, 07:35 PM   #2193
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,163 Posts
I lucked out booking an appointment for passport renewal for my son.

May 18th but in Squamish though

Every where else is 60 days out for the next available appointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:05 PM   #2194
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,185 Posts
Anyone know what's the current requirement to fly into US?

Going to US next week for some biz. Wonder if I need to get any Covid test done. And if so, which kind?
Old 04-28-2022, 11:14 PM   #2195
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Anyone know what's the current requirement to fly into US?

Going to US next week for some biz. Wonder if I need to get any Covid test done. And if so, which kind?
You need a negative rapid test watched by someone online the day before you fly to the USA.

Use this website:

www.lifecenters.ca

$20 and you supply your own rapid test, just scheduled it for the night before and they will email you your PDF when you pass, off you go! FWIW Westjet was the one who asked to see it, US customs didn't give a shit
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2022, 11:32 PM   #2196
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
fly out of seattle if you want to rule out postponing/quarantine
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2022, 06:34 AM   #2197

bellingham was more convenient, quick flight to seattle and no long drive
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2022, 06:29 AM   #2198
Performance Moderator

Went down as far as Marysville yesterday (outlets, though I didn’t shop there) was picking up tires and hunting for Hotwheels / Matchbox haha… but man, I had lunch in a strip mall a bit outside a main area in Marysville and watched 2 guys shoot up heroin right in front of a GameStop and then basically pass out…

Then saw a younger dude walking along the side of the road and he wasn’t watching where he’s going, stepped in a pothole filled with water, kinda tripped or hurt his foot and soaked his shoe… he turns around and bends over, starts giving the middle finger to the pothole and yelling at it like crazy hahahaha I felt like such an asshole but I couldn’t stop laughing it was just so ridiculous.

So many fat lazy belligerent people, but I was in Walmarts / Fred Meyers hahaha the customer service people were super nice though! It never ceases to amaze me how many Americans need breathing or walking assistance.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #2199

Thanked 1,603 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Went down as far as Marysville yesterday (outlets, though I didn’t shop there) was picking up tires and hunting for Hotwheels / Matchbox haha… but man, I had lunch in a strip mall a bit outside a main area in Marysville and watched 2 guys shoot up heroin right in front of a GameStop and then basically pass out…

Then saw a younger dude walking along the side of the road and he wasn’t watching where he’s going, stepped in a pothole filled with water, kinda tripped or hurt his foot and soaked his shoe… he turns around and bends over, starts giving the middle finger to the pothole and yelling at it like crazy hahahaha I felt like such an asshole but I couldn’t stop laughing it was just so ridiculous.

So many fat lazy belligerent people, but I was in Walmarts / Fred Meyers hahaha the customer service people were super nice though! It never ceases to amaze me how many Americans need breathing or walking assistance.
Walmart literally has those electric wheelchairs for fat people to rent.. it's crazy how America has so many assholes and nice people at the same time.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:48 AM   #2200
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Walmart literally has those electric wheelchairs for fat people to rent.. it's crazy how America has so many assholes and nice people at the same time.
Kind of like here....................

I went to Renton yesterday and people there seemed to be like humans everywhere else. I think people who work in retail are generally very nice and friendly down south of the border. I was at Ikea and later went to the Oberto's Factory Outlet. I see more miserable people here in our part of the world than down there.

As far as border guards are concerned, that's a different story. Something about people in authority in the US as opposed to here. Power tripping to the nth degree. I think to be a border guard in the US, you have to pass an asshole test. If you fail, they train you hard, harder, and hardest, to get you to that level of assholiness. In Canada, border guards are polite and respectful.

On a side note, I saw this lady (kind of hot) get in and out of her car multiple times while in the line up. When she got to the booth, there was a lot of hand waving going on and she eventually got turned around. Washington plates........... anyway, seemed like she had no idea what she was doing. Border guard got out and pointed the woman in the direction of the exit to US lane. Weird. He stood in front of the car to make sure she didn't go straight. I was thinking at the time, what would stop her from running the guy over? On the US side, there's a secondary booth where a guard is ready to shoot anybody running the border. A vehicle is parked next to the booth, ready to give chase. On our side, speed bumps, lol.

Last edited by MG1; 05-17-2022 at 03:45 PM.