REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
^Hahahaha that's awesome, I wish that wasn't too big to .sig
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #27
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Thoughts on possible US military intervention?
doubt it if

not after the weapons that russias provided, the S300 SAM and putin threatened to deliver the S400 as well. some claim the s300 hasn't been delivered yet some claim they wont be delivered and some claim that they're already deployed in Syria however Israel claims they'll prevent the S300 from becoming operational (reported in Haaretz who quoted Netanyahu)

Also the yakhont anti ship missiles but supposedly Israel destroyed these or some of these already when they bombed Syria (when they said they were preventing weapons being smuggled out)

If those defense weapons are in Syria and operational it'll be a tough one i imagine for US to step in the S300 anti air system is supposedly the best there is (granted there are newer systems)
But if they aren't yet maybe
Also Syrias defense system already is quite good so the answer? Who knows keke

Looks like the US might announce strikes right now guess they aren't deployed (well they're going to announce something switch on the news)

edit: guess nothing happened John Kerry just came out and gave a powerful statement and that they will be in consultations on what to do and there's no evidence that the Regime did this but their "common sense" says they did
but given the language sounds like they have to do something

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-26-2013 at 12:09 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

They'll probably lob a few hundred cruise missiles into the country. Take out their Air Force and a few runways. The hardest part will be finding those AA sites, but I'm sure their satellites and drones already know where most of them are.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #29

Side note UN Inspectors are in Syria trying to investigate the suspected sites but they're being attacked by snipers unknown from which side for certain (rebels i bet)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23843649

but since the Regime has allowed inspectors all the countries who were blaming Assad say its "too late"
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #30
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Side note UN Inspectors are in Syria trying to investigate the suspected sites but they're being attacked by snipers unknown from which side for certain (rebels i bet)

BBC News - Syria crisis: UN complains after inspectors fired on

but since the Regime has allowed inspectors all the countries who were blaming Assad say its "too late"
I'm sure the UN will send a harsh letter to Syria strongly denouncing their actions.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
And how many Indians did the early Americans wipe out?
I also like to compare oranges and apples.

Anyways, I came across this following video. For anyone who thinks Assad and his men are monsters (because the media paints them as such), take a look at this video. It is extremely NSFW, especially at the 8:00 mark. These FSA rebels execute three truckers for simply being Alawites. Again, be warned, it's extremely NSFW.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,299 Times in 535 Posts
OBAMA ORDERS RELEASE OF REPORT JUSTIFYING SYRIA STRIKE WITH UPDATED TARGETS. CBS.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post

Anyways, I came across this following video. For anyone who thinks Assad and his men are monsters (because the media paints them as such), take a look at this video. It is extremely NSFW, especially at the 8:00 mark. These FSA rebels execute three truckers for simply being Alawites. Again, be warned, it's extremely NSFW.

Free Syrian Army aka Al-Qaeda kills innocent truck drivers - YouTube
yes the Alawites have a major target on them because Assad is one as well
the media actually tried to use Assad protecting Alawites as a negative (alawite sections of cities/towns are being targeted)

same thing happened in Libya where those from the same tribe as Gaddafi were wiped out

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-26-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post

Free Syrian Army aka Al-Qaeda kills innocent truck drivers - YouTube
Ahh there are a lot of executions on both sides. Several videos you can see on LL. Both are ruthless, though the FSA is more the bumbling fool when it comes to actual engagements.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!

Which is the lesser of two evils? Seems like both are terrible. Time for America to instate a puppet state. :P
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #36
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Interesting to see how America will strike at Syria, this is different situation than Iraq or Libya. A military response could bring in another war as Syria has the backing of Russia and China. It actually doesn't look too good for America on the international front as this time Syria is minding their own business and not pulling a North Korea move by threatening the world with nukes.

Assad brought stability to the country as much as people don't see it, and that is about to be thrown into chaos if outside forces do intervene.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Ahh there are a lot of executions on both sides. Several videos you can see on LL. Both are ruthless, though the FSA is more the bumbling fool when it comes to actual engagements.
Oh most certainly, but I find that the media doesn't really talk about the brutality of the rebels.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #38
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
so crude oil's shot up like 6 bux in the past 2 days... 3bux alone today after hours.. the day hasn't even started.

russia and china ready to step in if west steps in...
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #39

Obama apparently consulted with Harper today/yesterday about syria

i guess canada is going to play a part in this too -_-
Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #40
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
UN Official, Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad?s Army | Live Trading News

rebels used the gas.
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #41
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
You have to wonder what military plan they have. Airstrikes? Boots on the ground? Might even turn out to be a bigger mess than Iraq and Afghanistan.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #42
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
You have to wonder what military plan they have. Airstrikes? Boots on the ground? Might even turn out to be a bigger mess than Iraq and Afghanistan.
I really doubt the US will make any attempt to move forces on the ground. That will escalate tensions way too rapidly and Russia will not be happy about that. Most likely it will be couple missles here and there, possible air strikes (like in Libya), and aid through weapons.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Live trading news? Reputable sauce?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #44

Quote:
all analysts that are spoken to on the news seem to feel airstrikes are unlikely either because of Syrias AA capabilities

the analysts seem to think lobbing missiles from the destroyers will be the only thing seen if even
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #45
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,176 Times in 631 Posts
http://gizmodo.com/how-the-us-would-...ria-1207548898
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #46

Foreign Policy.com published this story the other day about how the US helped Saddam gas Iran Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy

and they've another good article on the Syria situation
How Assad United the Middle East ? Against Him - By David Kenner and Yochi Dreazen | Foreign Policy
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Thanks for the articles... the very last paragraph of the article pretty much summs up what the conflict is all about:

"I'll be very blunt: An Iranian victory in Syria is a major strategic catastrophe from the point of view of Israel, and I think from a Western point of view generally," said Yaari. "In spite of the fact we have our doubts about the nature of the future regime in Syria, Israel's attitude is that the devil we don't know is preferable to the devil we know."

Israel is always at the centre of these conflicts. I wonder why.... And as soon as Israel cries for help, the US jumps. Just shows how much influence the jews have in the US government.

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #48
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

I actually think people in Isreal could be setup for false "Assad chemical attack" flag operations by the Zionist elite if it advances its global goals of world domination.

You only have to look a few decades back with America being the global nuclear watch dog, it used Isreal to destroy Saddam's nuclear electric plants... and this happended after Saddam was notorious for carrying out gas attacks killing over 200,000 people.

The false flag revelations of the terror attacks of the Jewish center in Argentina where 85 people were killed, 300 injured, is another example where people have been used for political reasons.

Breaking news, Obama concludes Assad behind chemical attack.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #49
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^

I would love to see concrete evidence on Assad actually using chemical weapons.

So far from what I gather, the only evidence the US has is that Syria has stockpiles of chemical weapons, the only question is who is using it? The rebels also have access to chemicals too.

It isn't too hard to send a drone or two and watch the action now right?

Turkey finds sarin gas in homes of suspected Syrian Islamists ? reports ? RT News

Quote:
The sarin gas was found in the homes of suspected Syrian Islamists detained in the southern provinces of Adana and Mersia following a search by Turkish police on Wednesday, reports say. The gas was allegedly going to be used to carry out an attack in the southern Turkish city of Adana.

On Monday, Turkish special anti-terror forces arrested 12 suspected members of the Al-Nusra Front, the Al-Qaeda affiliated group which has been dubbed "the most aggressive and successful arm” of the Syrian rebels. The group was designated a terrorist organization by the United States in December.
We also can't forget how America is also using chemicals in their wars, biggest hypocrites on this planet tbh. Uranium shells are banned in some countries and resolutions were rejected multiple times in the UN. America was one of the countries rejecting the ban.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #50

yes DU shells are strewn all across iraq/afghanistan en masse but the states claim there's no evidence that the du shells are harmful -_-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium