REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #151
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

10 Chemical Weapons Attacks Washington Doesn't Want You to Talk About

10 Chemical Weapons Attacks Washington Doesn't Want You to Talk About
Advertisement
trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #152
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
Shitty this has happened but at least it happened when all the leaders were meeting. Hopefully this will change Russias outlook but I doubt they will.

Another gas attack in Syria: reports | News1130

Quote:
DAMASCUS (NEWS1130) – Bloomberg News is reporting government forces in Syria have hit Damascus and another city with a gas attack.

This comes as the G20 Summit with world leaders wraps up with no consensus on what to do about the reported attacks.

MORE TO COME
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #153
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

war crimes on film today.

Militants kill Syrian soldiers execution style: Video
PressTV - Militants kill Syrian soldiers execution style: Video
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #154
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Shitty this has happened but at least it happened when all the leaders were meeting. Hopefully this will change Russias outlook but I doubt they will.

Another gas attack in Syria: reports | News1130
wow i guess this news was so fake no one else wanted to touch it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #155
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
Supposedly Bloomberg took it off their twitter feed soon after posting. How credible is this Al-arabiya when it's Saudi owned.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #156

So breaking news this morning

Russia has proposed that Assad give up Syrias chemical weapons to the international community to prevent attack

Senator Kerry said "sure but assad wont do it"

and then Syria came out and said "Sure we'll hand them all over"

Hillary Clinton came out and said she supports Obama but perhaps Russias plan should be given a chance

And the warmongers are calling BULLSHIT that wont happen this is a ploy!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...us-strike.html

also Assad did a news interview the other day where he maintains that they didn't use chemical weapons
Old 09-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #157
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
According to my news sources Syria has not said anything close to agreeing to hand over their chemical weapons. They barely admit to having them even though the whole world knows they do.

Kerry didn't agree either, he said they might avoid an attack by putting their chemical weapons under international control and later having them destroyed.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #158
The sound of inevitability

USA is a warmongering country, it's what it runs on now because the federal reserve banks on it.

GG USA..

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #159
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
USA is a warmongering country,
You don't build floating armadas without the intention of using them. Also, war is good for US weapon manufacturers.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #160
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Not sure where to post this but it's related.

What's fucked up is this is from October 2008. Watch and listen to what he says before you judge.

RSUV#1
CSRT8
Kokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #161
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,232 Times in 3,265 Posts
Hopefully, it's a quiet day tomorrow. 9-11.

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #162
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Syria says it?ll put its chemical weapons under int?l control | News1130

Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Syria has accepted a Russian proposal to give up its chemical weapons to the international community in an attempt to avoid a military strike from the United States.

Syria’s foreign minister announced the decision today after meeting with the speaker of Russia’s parliament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #163

Obama has put off the US senate vote too but CNN is saying it's not because of this news but rather Obama didn't have the votes anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokujin View Post
Not sure where to post this but it's related.

What's fucked up is this is from October 2008. Watch and listen to what he says before you judge.

The men behind Barack Obama part 1 - YouTube

The men behind Barack Obama part 2 - YouTube
he doesn't really say much, most of which people know, Russia and China are headed(are there) to be world superpowers (stomping the west) and the fight for resources/allies is going on in Africa/Mid East

All he really adds are those bankers that he claims are pulling Obamas puppet strings and well we all know there are bankers behind presidents trying to pull strings but is he right about which bankers in particular? who knows who cares? as mentioned its expected that there will be wealthy/powerful people/corporations trying to get what they want out of policy makers

Last edited by StylinRed; 09-10-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #164
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Obama has put off the US senate vote too but CNN is saying it's not because of this news but rather Obama didn't have the votes anyways
I can't find it at the moment, but BBC had a pretty good graph showing all the different members who were either for or against it, along with those who were likely to vote in either direction. It may not have been entirely accurate but it definitely painted a picture showing that maybe only 1/3 of the senate would have been for a "limited" attack, while the other 2/3's were against it.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #165

^^ yeah i saw something similar, I'm quite surprised though I thought it was going to end up a media hype as the senate not wanting to vote Obamas way but in the end the vote would turn out overwhelmingly in Obamas favour
Old 09-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #166
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
This has about as much to do with the people of Syria as it was the people of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Syria sits next to Israel. So therefore, they would want a government that is either friendly to their interests(preferred) or too busy/bloody to care. A good insurrection does keep them focused on the home front.

Russia lacks allies in the region. Syria happens to be one of them. Therefore, Russia will support Syria to a) keep an ally and b) that ally is making things bad for a competitor-Russia.

Of course, there are oil politics involved. There is a matter of a competing pipelines to think about involving different countries within the region.

In fact, several Arab countries are willing to pay for the US to overthrow the Syrian government.

Quote:
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., asked for an estimated amount the Arabs might contribute. Kerry replied that they offered to pay for a full invasion.

“In fact, some of them have said that if the United States is prepared to go do the whole thing the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost,” Kerry said. “That’s how dedicated they are at this. That’s not in the cards, and nobody’s talking about it, but they’re talking in serious ways about getting this done.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/is-this-w...65ZvFcOUUjL.99
So you tell me, does that sound at all like a war about saving the kittens? Nope.

That to me is "get rid of someone not playing ball like you have done so many times before. And! As an added bonus, seeing as the new Iraq isn't paying off yet-we'll fund it."

So why won't congress sign off on this? Because no one wants to actually be the guy that says yes to sending more troops to some middle eastern country to make yet another mess that is going to blow up in their faces in 20 years.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #167
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
This has about as much to do with the people of Syria as it was the people of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Syria sits next to Israel.
If anything, this shows that the Syrian people, or people in Syria for that matter, can't live peacefully without lobbing exploding things at each other. If they can't start acting like adults, it's time for someone to step in and quiet the children.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
If anything, this shows that the Syrian people, or people in Syria for that matter, can't live peacefully without lobbing exploding things at each other. If they can't start acting like adults, it's time for someone to step in and quiet the children.
except its the outsiders that are instigating the fighting like saudi arabia
Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #169
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Saw Obama's address. He called the opposition "moderate"...

Last edited by TatsuyaKataoka; 09-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.
TatsuyaKataoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #170
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
except its the outsiders that are instigating the fighting like saudi arabia
Watch the first 40 seconds...

dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #171
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,757 Times in 281 Posts
So to just get this straight, the US will not bomb Syria as Obama wants congress to hold off voting until Syria gives up their chemical weapons to be destroyed?
And if Syria gives up their chemical weapons there will be no attack?

On another note, I found it interesting how he concluded his speech with, "God bless you and God bless the United States of America".
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #172
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I'm sorry, but you don't put out an invitation if you don't want people to come to the party.

Obama said publicly that Syria using chemical weapons would change the way that they viewed the situation in Syria in regards to intervention.

Well no shit Syria used chemical weapons. And no shit Russia brokers a truce that asks them to give them up. Killing 1000 people, sadly, is not a big thing to accomplish for a government. Even easier if its people you don't like.

It embarasses the Americans. What can they do now? Sit there and say, "well shit yeah...I guess we'll wait, and see...but if you screw up again, why I'll such and such and so and so."
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #173
i like gifs

Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,287 Posts
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/op...yria.html?_r=0

A Plea for Caution From Russia
What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria

Quote:
MOSCOW — RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organization — the United Nations — was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The United Nations’ founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America’s consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.

No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage. This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorization.
Much more in the link
Ch28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #174
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
So to just get this straight, the US will not bomb Syria as Obama wants congress to hold off voting until Syria gives up their chemical weapons to be destroyed?
And if Syria gives up their chemical weapons there will be no attack?

On another note, I found it interesting how he concluded his speech with, "God bless you and God bless the United States of America".
That whole fucking speech was creepy... The way it was so rehearsed to get the public on their side to support war.. showing all these pictures of people, etc...

Yet they bomb innocent people and children every day with drones...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #175
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Someone grave dug a thread in a different forum a traverse from January. I'm very skeptical, but just wow if it is true.

FLASHBACK, JANUARY: UK?s Daily Mail Publishes Story Saying Obama Plans To Launch Chemical Attack On Syrian Civilians, Blame Assad « Pat Dollard

Spoiler!