REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #276
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
So now I can post this:

How John Chow Ripped Me Off For $300 | Dukeo.com
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #277
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Did you even read that post?

DO you even read or understand ANYTHING before posting here? This is like the third time you have posted a complete non sequitur here, trying to make a point that only exists in your mind...

TLDR for ya

-Guy draws some caricatures of John Chow. Not sure why, but there you go
-John uses them in a blog post, but without permission (bad) but links to his site (good)
-Guy gets irrationally mad, says John "ripped him off of $300" as if he scammed him or stole something
-John takes the pics down
-But it doesn't matter - John's links already gave his blog enough 'juice' to get that post to #1 for "john chow scam".
-So the #1 result for john chow scam is a case of him using images without permission. Not ruining someone's life or something you guys claim he does
-John wins yet again
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #278
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
You won't have to wait that long. I'm already six months into the SL lease. It's not a question of the company paying for it. It was a question on whether I could maintain the points to keep such a car.

The SL cost me nine points a month. Points are awarded based on sales volume. Any points beyond nine gets banked to use in the future. I have enough points banked up that I can do zero sales until end of the lease and the lease would still be paid for, and I would still have points remaining.

Getting a SLS would require increasing the points from nine to 18 - 20, but that's no problem because I have over 500 points banked up, and I'm generating 60 to 100 per month at my current sales volume.
At those rates, there's gotta be something a bit nicer than an SLS then?
What else can you get with your points?
Old 10-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #279

Quote:
One of the new IM cultspeak slang terms tossed around is ‘top tier business’. Translated it means, I’m REALLY going to rip you off you pathetic gullible loser.
John Chow Wants To Get Into My Wallet With Matt Lloyd?s My Online Bullshit Empire | MindsetAndAttractionMarketing.com
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #280
TTZ
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Why wouldn't you just take the cash instead of taking a leased car?
I would love to but then it wouldn't be call the car program. The car is part of the marketing to "sucker in people" as you put it. Who doesn't want a free car? This is especially true for guys with families. Odds are the wife would never let the husband buy an expensive Mercedes sports car. But if he was given one for free, then she can't say anything.

Originally, the cars were supposed to be Porsches, but it was switched to Mercedes after discovering that Porsches doesn't have dealerships is some areas car winners lived at. That's was too bad because I was looking forward to getting a 911 GT3. Oh well.

Oh, and to answer your $2,000 per hour question. I rarely do consulting because it's trading hours for dollars and I hate doing that. I create systems that make the money so I don't have to. I set the rate at $2K an hour so nobody will call me. Once in a blue moon, some company will call, but they are few and far enough apart that I don't mind it.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #281
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
At those rates, there's gotta be something a bit nicer than an SLS then?
What else can you get with your points?
Unfortunately, only cars from Mercedes-Benz. It's call the Merc Program, and having licensees driving around in different brands of cars would dilute the message.

At $200K - $240K, I can think of quite a few other cars I would take over the SLS, but I'm not the one paying for it, so I really can't complain.

Last edited by TTZ; 10-17-2013 at 09:15 PM.
TTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #282
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkStar View Post
Hasn't it? Now hes just bragging he has enough points to upgrade to an sls. Hes just trying to rustle some jimmies now. You can tell by the tone he's presenting the information.

Plus dude, its a plausible recommendation. Its just vanity, he can be a better and more handsome John Chow, more handsome than he already is now. Wouldn't hurt for John Chow's face appearance has to match the sucessful abilities, and achievements of his character. "John Chow the hot sexy stud of my top tier business" doesn't that sound wonderful?

By the way Drow, I can out aesthetic you any day.
No you cant

Besides, what kinda MAN tries to out perform another MAN in appearence?

I dont know... Maybe gay guys or better yet... Women.

You think appearence adds points to a man's net worth?

I wouldnt be surprised if its you though... You have a korean lookin girl as your avatar... I assume u into the korean pop scene. That kinda makes sense, since the kpop culture breeds metrosexuals

Maybe thats how you can out aesthetic me anyday, you prob did go thru plastic surgery

Im not even gonna put on my srs hat talking to you, ill just continue to spew dumbass comments to you

Last edited by Drow; 10-17-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: cumstars a foggit
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #283
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Skinny I don't know why you are defending this so much and not being as critical as you normally would.
Because they know each other
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Because they know each other
We do but how am I being unreasonable?

Like I said before, I am only pointing out the stupidity and misinformation in this thread. I do that no matter what a thread is about

Any defending is coming from John himself. He doesn't need me to defend the product (nor would I be interested in doing so).
Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #285
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Is he really wearing an "I'm John Chow Bitch" t-shirt?
He gave me a "I'm with John Chow, bitch." t-shirt once.

...actually, twice.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
I would love to but then it wouldn't be call the car program. The car is part of the marketing to "sucker in people" as you put it. Who doesn't want a free car?
But it's not a free car. You got to be pretty stupid to believe the car is free.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #287
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
It's funny cause he thinks he is roping us into posting but even if he wasn't I would keep bumping this thread so more people read how big of a scam John Chow is. I hope that for every idiot that sees this thread and thinks to buy your product, there is 4000 that realize, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson; John Chow deserves to be shot in front of his family (not that they would care, I bet they think he is a douche to).
You keep bumping this thread and keep believing that "for every idiot that sees this thread and thinks to buy your product, there is 4000 that realize that John Chow deserves to be shot" is true.

I've been an Internet marketer for over ten years. I'm the 2012 Affiliate Blogger of The Year. I'm one of only 12 recipients of the AFFY Award (presented to me by Ice-T and his wife Coco). I know how the numbers really work, and if you ever decide to study IM, then you would know that the only thing you doing right now is making me money.

Last edited by TTZ; 10-17-2013 at 06:56 PM.
TTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #288
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
^because....any publicity....is good publicity . But srs. This thread is beneficial to you in more ways than one.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #289

If you tell people that they should be shot in front of their family, and that their family wouldn't care, I think you probably have some major, major issues.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #290

Skinnypupp, Ronin do you ever use this tactic on your sites?

Quote:
One of the best ways is by writing reviews of products and then linking to the manufacturer via an affiliate link. If your blog is highly targeted and the product that you’re reviewing is highly targeted to your readership, you can do much better with an affiliate-commission-type structure than you can by just selling advertising for it.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #291

Quote:
Skinnypupp, Ronin do you ever use this tactic on your sites?
I link directly to the manufacturer sites, so no. I don't see what the problem would be though.

I used to have aggregate price listings for each product I was reviewing, and that was very lucrative for a while (actually this was done through one of John's affiliate sites now that I think about it). But the whole industry died a few years ago.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #292
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Notice the AFFY award looks like a buttplug

John Chow could have 100 million dollars and still not be as cool as Oprah
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #293
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
worst. thread. ever.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #294
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
still not be as cool as Oprah
is Oprah cool? is this our goal now...to be as cool as Oprah??
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #295
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
When you win a taffy award, you'll have my attention.

Who doesn't love a good serving of taffy?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #296
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
No you cant

Besides, what kinda MAN tries to out perform another MAN in appearence?

I dont know... Maybe gay guys or better yet... Women.

You think appearence adds points to a man's net worth?

I wouldnt be surprised if its you though... You have a korean lookin girl as your avatar... I assume u into the korean pop scene. That kinda makes sense, since the kpop culture breeds metrosexuals

Maybe thats how you can out aesthetic me anyday, you prob did go thru plastic surgery

Im not even gonna put on my srs hat talking to you, ill just continue to spew dumbass comments to you
What a hypocrite, whatever you typed is totally contradicting what you're saying. You called me an "ugly phuc" and I tell you no in doubt I'm more aesthetic than you, you defend yourself by saying "the only way you can out aesthetic me is thru plastic surgery". Seems like you're the one trying to compete with me.

Nobody said appearance has to do anything with net worth. But pretty sure in our society being good looking wouldn't be unfavorable. As cruel as it sounds people do get preferential treatment.

Also please don't even talk about display pictures with me. Look at yours, it looks like a 13 year old girl from the jailbait section of hypebeast. You're into pedophilia...

Everything you spew out is dumbass comments. Why do you need a hats to talk to people. The only hat you need is one that says "Doofus". You should super glue it on your head so everyone doesn't have to communicate with you.
milkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #297
TTZ

Quote:
Notice the AFFY award looks like a buttplug

John Chow could have 100 million dollars and still not be as cool as Oprah
Ya, Ice-T did called it a giant buttplug. I won a buttplug.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
worst. thread. ever.
Hmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkStar View Post
What a hypocrite, whatever you typed is totally contradicting what you're saying. You called me an "ugly phuc" and I tell you no in doubt I'm more aesthetic than you, you defend yourself by saying "the only way you can out aesthetic me is thru plastic surgery". Seems like you're the one trying to compete with me.

Nobody said appearance has to do anything with net worth. But pretty sure in our society being good looking wouldn't be unfavorable. As cruel as it sounds people do get preferential treatment.

Also please don't even talk about display pictures with me. Look at yours, it looks like a 13 year old girl from the jailbait section of hypebeast. You're into pedophilia...

Everything you spew out is dumbass comments. Why do you need a hats to talk to people. The only hat you need is one that says "Doofus". You should super glue it on your head so everyone doesn't have to communicate with you.
Now it is
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #299
TTZ

Come on guys. You're suppose to hate on me, not your fellow members!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #300
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
but you are a fellow member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
We do but how am I being unreasonable?
didn't say you were
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote