REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #76
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
From what I'm getting, TTZ is a person who many businesses are interested in based on his success and how they could probably replicate it. The delivery by TTZ is probably also very strong hence the demand (so yes, a bit of both)
Posted via RS Mobile
So he got lucky and somehow managed to get a lot of clicks on his site which in turn generated some cash and now he is riding that wave by attempting to teach that to anyone who will listen and pay.

A story vaguely similar to all these goof ass people like antoine dodson and whoever that chick that says "ain't nobody got time fo dat". Only difference between these people and John Chow is that John has managed to ride the wave a lot longer.

The bigger they are the harder they fall. People thought Enron was a legitimate idea at one point too. Not saying that our friend here is scamming, but I don't know how sustainable his business model is. (not saying it ain't sustainable, just that it isn't proven to be yet)
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #77
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
LOL...In my opinion, education has a role in EVERYTHING we do. Your knowledge on a particular subject matter is what makes you qualified and skilled.

Your personal and real-life experiences provide you with knowledge on your area of expertise. You can't get anywhere without being able to learn how to do things...The more you know, the better you will be.

Your signature is a testament to education and what it can do...I read those lists years ago and expanded my knowledge on about 5 different topics...I can't talk with credibility on "supplements for weight training" without being educated on the issue first.
Usually by using the term education you mean school, not knowledge, skill, or experience. So in that regard, I agree with you.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #78
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
He got successful, now he's a motivational speaker?
And he charges big money for his seminars.

Why do people have a problem with this?
Not everybody needs or wants that.
But some people do.

I don't see why there's a problem.
Not every business runs on a tangible product.
Some are based around people and their expertise.

Gordon Ramsay doesn't cook at each of his restaurants around the world.
He's a personality. Somebody with a rep.

He says the same 4 things in every Kitchen Nightmares.
1. Simplify
2. Fresh, local, seasonal
3. Know your local demographic.
4. Clean your damn kitchen

Yet people still watch that show.
And yet, people who run restaurants still can't get that straight.
So he gives them a swift verbal kick in the ass.

I don't see how this is so different.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #79
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post

But some people do.

1. Simplify

Got successful doing what? He's charging 10 to 20 times what Oprah charges.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #80
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post

But some people do.

1. Simplify

We have all come to understand how he makes money now, at the beginning it was not clear but we all get it now, and I don't have a problem with what he does, nor do I give a fuck.

I am just not one of these people stupid enough to spend 15K to listen to some guy talk about how he got to where he is and how I can turn my life around by imitating him. So hearing that someone can make exorbitant amounts of money doing this is simply mind boggling to me...

EDIT: and nobody come in here and say its all for networking, cause thats BS, just because I belong to the same country club as Jim Pattison he doesnt invite me to start a Joint Venture with him, so how would this non-sense be any different?

OP can come and say he met someone at one of these things and they made millions together, but he has also made it clear that he is not simply any attendant at these events he is a host or coordinator of some sort. So all his attendees would likely not have all the same opportunities as him...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 AM   #81
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

We're not being use to sold to anything else aside from tangible products. It's a way of having security towards our own investments, especially to such events as Mr.Chow offers in which new-comers won't have any assurance or security...

One of the problems I personally have with these type of companies is there is too much "I make $_____ doing this. Attend this and you could POSSIBLY make $______. To prove it, I helped _____ make $_____." (could we actually believe if your student acutally made $____?). There's too much claims about money and "I want to show YOU how to make the amount I make" rather than "I'm going to keep my secret to myself and make even more" to a point I question if this guys just really just earning money off the recruits.
I don't see individuals like Gordon Ramsay recruiting and flexing about their income and in addition, convince "qualified" individuals to becoming successful like them too.
Which is why I'm SOMEWHAT certain a lot of the income is generated through recruitment seminars. Which is why a lot of people take these with more than a grain of salt.
It's almost like the advertisements you see once in a while about rapid weight loss and such...could you possibly lose 50LB's within a month by following a certain criteria/calender? PROBABLY not. But you will definitely see a correlation over a longer period of time though.
Which brings me to the final point: lot of things sound too good to be true, but if one does believe in what ever it may be, you may see slow but HOPEFULLY gradual progress?

Just my 4am blab while drunk. Don't mind me.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #82
TTZ
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Not saying that our friend here is scamming, but I don't know how sustainable his business model is. (not saying it ain't sustainable, just that it isn't proven to be yet)
My business model has been around forever, and I'm pretty sure it'll continue long after I'm gone. It may not be in the same format, but it'll still be around. Like any business, the ones who survives are the ones who can adapt and change with the market.

I've been an Internet marketer for 15 years and have been teaching Internet marketing for 8. I'm still around because I have a products that delivers value to the people who buys it. And that's really the key to success in any business.

Last edited by TTZ; 10-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.
TTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #83
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Got successful doing what? He's charging 10 to 20 times what Oprah charges.
Don't know where you got that number. I wish I could charge even 1/10 of what Oprah charges! LOL
Old 10-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #84
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
EDIT: and nobody come in here and say its all for networking, cause thats BS, just because I belong to the same country club as Jim Pattison he doesnt invite me to start a Joint Venture with him, so how would this non-sense be any different?

OP can come and say he met someone at one of these things and they made millions together, but he has also made it clear that he is not simply any attendant at these events he is a host or coordinator of some sort. So all his attendees would likely not have all the same opportunities as him...
The answer to that question is yes and no. It really depends on the event. No, you'll probably never do a JV with Jimmy just by being in the same country club, but if you met him at Anthony Robbin's $100,000 weekend mastermind, you can get a sit down with him. Is that worth $100K? To me, not right now, but in the future, it might be.

The $15K mastermind where I met Peng Jong. We were both just attendees. Would I have met Peng at a lower priced event like the Affiliate Summit? Maybe but I would have a lot harder time forming the relationship because the Summit has over 5,000 people attending and there's so much stuff to see and do. The $15K mastermind had 50 and one goal. This is not the say the Affiliate Summit is not as good, because it is. They just serve a different purpose.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #85
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss6o4 View Post
We're not being use to sold to anything else aside from tangible products. It's a way of having security towards our own investments, especially to such events as Mr.Chow offers in which new-comers won't have any assurance or security...
Were you sold a tangible product when you went to university? Or did you really pay $10K to $150K for a piece paper and some text books? Were you offered any assurance or security that you would get a job or be successful after graduating?

Welcome to the school of John Chow.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #86
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
There's nothing arrogant about it. that's just stating a fact. I also get paid $2,000 an hour for consulting. Is that being arrogant? No, it's just my hourly rate, which I'm sure is higher than yours. OK, now I'm being arrogant.
And this type of shit is what makes me do the following in short order:

1. rolleyes

2. Use the term "dick" in a sentence.

sample dialogue, "this guy is a fucking dick"

3. Close this circle jerk thread tab in my browser.

4. Get thanked by a few of us apparently not in the know.

psst...that's your cue.

5. Get failed by Skinny.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #87

Quote:
Don't know where you got that number. I wish I could charge even 1/10 of what Oprah charges! LOL
Last time Oprah was in Vancouver tickets started at $300.

So how much would you charge to market website I have.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #88
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Spending $15K on a seminar is not for everyone, that's for sure. But like anything, there is a market for it. You just have to see the value in it.

For me, I would never buy the SL550 the company gave me because I think spending over $100K on a car is just a big waste of money. However, I have no problem spending money on specialized knowledge.

One of my JV partners spent over $60K attending seminars last year. You may think that's just a big waste of money, but he'll tell you that the contacts and information he got at those events is what allows him to make up to $10K a day.

I have attended my share of $15K events. I have never lost money on them. The last one, I met a ClickBank marketing expert Peng Joon. We formed a partnership, launched three #1 ClickBank products (working on the 4th), and made over $1 million. Don't you wish putting $15K in your car can do that?
I completely get the contacts and information aspect of attending seminars. It's part of the reason why many people go to Ivy League Universities. While most of these schools teach virtually the same curriculum as 90% of the UBC's and SFU's around the world, the main difference is that at Harvard or Eton you're getting drunk with the elite's sons and daughters instead of Jon Doe from down the street. The friendships (contacts) you can potentially make may be priceless down the road, be it fellow students, their parents, or even the professors. It's not too dissimilar to many professions. When I think of my time in the film industry, if you don't have any contacts, you're left at the bottom of every call sheet. However, if you happen to know the Director of Photography, Production Manager, or any other person in any position of authority, the chances of landing a good gig every time rises exponentially.

In this case, I do still take issue with the amount TTZ charges, but it goes to reinforce the saying that it takes money to make money. Again, though, while I doubt I could ever be convinced to fork out the cash for this type of seminar, obviously there are enough people out there who feel they can learn enough from these events that they are more than willing to pay.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #89
TTZ

Quote:
Last time Oprah was in Vancouver tickets started at $300.

So how much would you charge to market website I have.
Oprah also got 2,000 people to show up and she only had to speak for 1 hour. At $300 min per ticket, that's over $600K an hour.

My event was 1 week long and the price included the hotel, meals, drinks and all the activities like parasailing and jet skiing. 100 people at $15K works out $25,000 an hour based on 60 hours. A far cry from $600K

Oprah can do an event a week and draw 2,000 people easily. I can only do two masterminds a year. Like I said, I'll be extremely happy if i can make 1/10 of what Oprah does.

I charge $25,000 to create a marketing sales funnel for a website.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #90

Quote:
Oprah also got 2,000 people to show up and she only had to speak for 1 hour. At $300 min per ticket, that's over $600K an hour.

My event was 1 week long and the price included the hotel, meals, drinks and all the activities like parasailing and jet skiing. 100 people at $15K works out $25,000 an hour based on 60 hours. A far cry from $600K

Oprah can do an event a week and draw 2,000 people easily. I can only do two masterminds a year. Like I said, I'll be extremely happy if i can make 1/10 of what Oprah does.

I charge $25,000 to create a marketing sales funnel for a website.
Any examples of your work?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #91
TTZ

Quote:
Any examples of your work?
Sure! Easy Access Profits
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #92
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Last edited by Xu.Vi; 10-14-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #93
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Can you provide a sample of your stock portfolio? What kind of gas do you put in your vehicle? Truth or dare?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #94

Quote:
Your site claims I can make over 9k a day but you have no idea what my website is or what the business is. How can you do that?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #95
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Despite all the money he makes, I don't think he is very cool
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #96
TTZ

Quote:
Your site claims I can make over 9k a day but you have no idea what my website is or what the business is. How can you do that?
You asked for an example of my work. By that I assume you meant show a site that I help create or developed. You never showed me your site or your business, other than saying you know how to run a gas station.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #97
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I don't know much about this field but anyone who brags how much money they make, especially to strangers on an internet forum (and how much you can make!) greatly exaggerates their earnings.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #98
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Can you provide a sample of your stock portfolio? What kind of gas do you put in your vehicle? Truth or dare?
Sample of my stock portfolio? Can you give me the contents of your RRSP? LOL

Let me answer your question this way. I have no mutual funds. Anyone who is an accredited investor will understand why. My biggest stock holdings is AAPL. I recommend you buy some. I have no RRSP because I get paid by dividend which is not consider "earned income". It also means I don't have to pay EI or pay into the Canada Pension Plan, which I'm sure will be broke by the time I'm 65. I max out my TFSA every year.

As for the gas, the Lexus takes regular, the Mercedes takes premium. The highest premium gas available in California (where I am right now) is 91. My car in Vancouver takes premium but I put in 89.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #99
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
You asked for an example of my work. By that I assume you meant show a site that I help create or developed. You never showed me your site or your business, other than saying you know how to run a gas station.
i think what Manic! meant to ask was, despite not even knowing the contents or popularity of his website, how could it generate 9k?

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #100

Quote:
When I asked for an example I wanted businesses that you have helped with your internet marketing skills. Like Joe blows car parts or Jims deli. Before they had this much traffic on there site now they have this much and now they are doing this % more business. That type of stuff.