REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #726
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
if it is really debris from the plane, that means this stuff has been drifting everywhere for the past 2 weeks and would be far away from the crash site... how will they know where the plane is exactly? is the black box supposed to be broadcasting some sort of signal?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #727
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
never doing malaysian airlines again!
Posted via RS Mobile
lol. thank you. I'm looking forward to flight sales on Malaysian Airlines in the near future due to projected low demand.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #728
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
if it is really debris from the plane, that means this stuff has been drifting everywhere for the past 2 weeks and would be far away from the crash site... how will they know where the plane is exactly? is the black box supposed to be broadcasting some sort of signal?
Yea the black box is supposed to broadcast a signal for up to 30 days but the problem is, I think it could only broadcast from an depth of maximum 300m so if it did crash in an ocean, it may be hard to get a signal
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:32 PM   #729
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
"Officials have confirmed that Flight 370 has crashed into the Indian Ocean and there are no survivors among the 239 passengers on board"

?MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived?: Malaysia Airlines text message kills all hope
Posted via RS Mobile
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #730
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
They're saying it crashed there but they haven't found any evidence yet?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #731
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
Yea the black box is supposed to broadcast a signal for up to 30 days but the problem is, I think it could only broadcast from an depth of maximum 300m so if it did crash in an ocean, it may be hard to get a signal
I think that seems like a gross oversight. Any verification? I'm curious as to what the true number is.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #732
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

This is based on the fact that inmarstat said that new analysis has pointed out that the plane flew along the south corridor.

Quote:
Mr Razak revealed that new analysis of satellite information from Inmarsat, validated by the UK’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch, “have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth”.
Malaysia PM announces loss of flight MH370 - Inmarsat
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #733
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 'ended' in southern Indian Ocean, PM says - World - CBC News

People spotted wooden pallets floating where a few metal parts were found and Malaysia Airlines confirmed that 370 was carrying wooden pallets. Although it isnt 100 percent evidence that the wood was from the missing airline, it is probably the best educated guess so far.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #734
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 'ended' in southern Indian Ocean, PM says - World - CBC News

People spotted wooden pallets floating where a few metal parts were found and Malaysia Airlines confirmed that 370 was carrying wooden pallets. Although it isnt 100 percent evidence that the wood was from the missing airline, it is probably the best educated guess so far.
So do cargo shipping ships
Posted via RS Mobile
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #735
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
So do cargo shipping ships
Posted via RS Mobile
yes but now there's new analysis of data saying the plane was there + numerous reports of debris sightings + another sighting today from a plane and they left a smoke marker for the ships to check out, so all points are leading to that's where it crashed

the conspiracy theorists still aren't giving up though you can see them going nuts in comment sections

and a guy was interviewed on the bbc saying there's only 2 possibilities now "hijacking or pilot suicide"
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #736
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
lol. thank you. I'm looking forward to flight sales on Malaysian Airlines in the near future due to projected low demand.
You looking forward to dying too?
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #737
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Such a sad day for the families who held out hope for so many days that their loved ones might have survived. CNN showed a woman who lost her son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

The only thing that remains unanswered for now is what took the plane down? Was it terrorism, pilot suicide or a serious mechanical failure? Hopefully they recover the flight recorder or recover bigger chunks of the plane to get an idea what exactly happen to this plane before it went down. A lot of speculation is everyone on board were incapacitated hence the reason it just flew for hours to basically nowhere and finally crashed when fuel ran out.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #738
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ CNN does that shit to get viewers raitings up. They make as sad as possible.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #739
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
The crappy part is that even if found the CVR won't tell us what happened when it initially disappeared.

I'm still holding out on the plane being down south til they actually pick up solid evidence, right now it seems a bit like a media attention grab since nothing has happened in the last while.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #740
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
No, they can transmit a LOT farther than that. The signal could be heard for several kilometers through water, and the black box is supposed to withstand depths of 6000m under water.

It's still going to be hard to find, but it's not like a ship has to be directly over it to hear the beacon or if it's a few hundred meters away they'll miss it. Unless the box fell into a canyon with steep sides that block the ultrasonic beacon.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #741

I stand corrected.

If a plane crashes into the water, an underwater locator beacon sends out an ultrasonic pulse that cannot be heard by human ears but can be detected by sonar and acoustic-locating equipment.
There is a submergence sensor on the side of the beacon, and when this sensor touches water the beacon activates.
The beacon then sends out pulses at 37.5 kilohertz (kHz) and can transmit sound as deep as 14,000 feet (4267m).
Once the beacon begins “pinging,” it pings once per second for 30 days. In rare and severe crash instances, the beacon may get snapped off during a high-impact collision.
Search teams must be about 25km in range of the beacon to locate it. Underwater terrain such as deep trenches could also affect how easily the beacon’s signal can be detected.
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #742

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
That sucks.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #743
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
EDIT - Nevermind, posted a few pages back.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #744
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
They're saying it crashed there but they haven't found any evidence yet?
x1000

They're telling us what we already know...plane crashed into the water but no evidence of exactly where. Way to go Sherlocks in Malaysia.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #745
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Missing Malaysia Airlines flight: US Navy ships black-box finder to Australia

Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #746
Banned (ABWS)

did they spot any wreckage with their own eyes or just called the search off because of scientific gueses.. LOL
vanboy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #747
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
My guess is they got tired of using resources to hunt with no luck and decided to call it off
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #748
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Is it just me or is Malaysia's government just issuing this statement without actual debris and wreckage salvaged to save themselves from further criticism ??
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #749
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Is it just me or is Malaysia's government just issuing this statement without actual debris and wreckage salvaged to save themselves from further criticism ??
+1.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #750
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Definitely looks like they are saying "Ok, we can't find it, and its making us look really bad so... we'll tell them it is 'confirmed' that it crashed and maybe everyone will move on"