REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #501
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
why?
Advertisement
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #502
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Want to know source of the found lost hijacked plane in africa
Posted via RS Mobile
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #503
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
a 30yr+ flight experience Captain + a Fmr. Inspector General of Transportation on CNN currently are saying the data is inaccurate because the speed of changes in altitude and direction are impossible
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #504
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I assume you're talking about Mary. She's been consistent with the notion that it was a mechanical failure rather than terrorism or sabotage.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #505

FYI:

Old 03-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #506
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
I think he's trying to point out that the plane flew a specific flight path so that wouldn't be in line with a mechanical issue.
Exactly, that's supposed to come from pings off satellites IIRC. The red line is the planes path, the black lines are flight routes and the little triangles are waypoints.

There's also other reports that supposedly involve the planes altitude, saying that after the transponder stopping it shot up to 45,000 (41,500 is supposed to be the max a pilot is allowed to take it to) briefly and turned around, then dropped down to 30,000 or something, stayed there for a while, then dropped to 23,000 for a bit followed by a jump back up. But according to some pilots the rates of change sounded outside the realm of possibility for the airframe.

(apologies for the inaccuracies of the above, I'm running off of memory here, the page where I read that is open on a different PC)
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #507
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I don't know if it is the same data that I saw. But the radar recording I saw said the plane reached 48 000'. I'd say that is coming up on impossible, not too mention above the airplanes service ceiling. Especially with 5+ hours of fuel onboard. But I could be wrong.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #508

The numbers are spitballed from memory, the important bit is that it went to a crazy altitude and made a lot of jumps, but between most of those jumps it stayed level. I'm assuming this altitude data is on a separate route from the one I posted earlier, it sounds more like something a military training flight would be doing though (the altitude jumps)

Here's the site that's been getting a tonne of posts, there's a lot of pilots on here so there's good info, but it's a lot of reading. I think the stuff on the altitude jumps was thread 20 or 21 MH370 Malaysia Airlines B772 Missing Enroute KUL-PEK Part 24 — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

They have a very good summary at the top of every thread for those wanting a Coles Notes.

edit: found the initial altitude info

Quote:
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 experienced significant changes in altitude after it lost contact with ground control, and altered its course more than once as if still under the command of a pilot, American officials and others familiar with the investigation said Friday.

Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the missing airliner climbing to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and made a sharp turn to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

The radar track, which the Malaysian government has not released but says it has provided to the United States and China, then shows the plane descending unevenly to an altitude of 23,000 feet, below normal cruising levels, as it approached the densely populated island of Penang, one of the country’s largest. There, the plane turned from a southwest-bound course, climbed to a higher altitude and flew northwest over the Strait of Malacca toward the Indian Ocean.

Investigators have also examined data transmitted from the plane’s Rolls-Royce engines that shows it descending 40,000 feet in the space of a minute, according to a senior American official briefed on the investigation. But investigators do not believe the readings are accurate because the aircraft would likely haven taken longer to fall such a distance.

“A lot of stock cannot be put in the altitude data” sent from the engines, one official said. “A lot of this doesn’t make sense.”
It doesn't sound as solid as the other route tracking report tho.

edit 2: Sounds like the altitude info is along the same route as posted before. From the NYTime article http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/wo...adar.html?_r=0

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 03-14-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #509
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I keep checking this thread for updates, in the hope that the plane/passengers have been located.

I have to admit that I'm kind of dumbfounded that in this day and age, something that big, carrying that many people, can be missing for this long.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #510
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

First of all, they are not giving back enough information to the public nor to their Families. They identify 3 glowing objects suspended in the air while the plane was still flying for 4 hours. They obviously got abducted by extratessrials, there has been many documentaries in the past where fighter jets get abducted or encounter a UFO. The plane obviously got an EMP attack, then it obviously got transfer somewhere. The plane can't fly anymore due to low fuel. If they can't find it for 1 week, even a month. It is considered an abduction.
NeoDestinyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #511
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDestinyZ View Post
They identify 3 glowing objects suspended in the air while the plane was still flying for 4 hours.

??????????????
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #512

CNN has yet more stupid claims, unbelievable
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #513
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^ one I agreed with was General Spyder Marks's comments on why did they immediately dismiss so quickly that those Iranians were simply trying to seek asylum and why they aren't deeply looking deeper at the all passengers' profiles.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #514
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Via CKNW:

Quote:
A Malaysian government official has told the Associated Press the government has concluded the missing Boeing 777 was hijacked. The official told the AP hijacking is no longer a theory, but "conclusive." The official says a motive isn't clear at this stage, and it's unclear where the plane was headed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #515
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

heard it was sucked into a black hole
jpw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #516

^
All over twitter right now, the report was from the AP and one source said they don't know if the plane actually crashed or it landed somewhere. They also said there's 600 airports in the area that can accommodate a 777.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #517
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
FYI:

oh ffs RS is the last place I want to see those tables
i'm out
Old 03-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #518

supposedly a press conference is imminent from Malaysia that will confirm its a hijacking. Am watching 20/20 and it was interrupted to report that

if it was hijacked by experts who would know how to turn off the equipment and have the skill to fly a 777 then surely they would have the knowledge of fuel levels and how far/where they could fly, so how/why would it have crashed?

a mechanical error also? (what are the odds of that?!)

shot down by Malaysia but they're keeping it secret? and wants everyone to believe it crashed?

Or have they gotten away?

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-14-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #519
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Fucking makes me sick how slow these Malaysian officials are. Took a week to figure out it's a hijack and it actually flew else where. I actually hope those people are dead. Who the hell know what kind of torutre or sex slave those people would be sold in to if they actually landed somewhere.

I also wonder if terrorist bought out one of the pilots
Posted via RS Mobile
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #520

press conference about to start on BBC

and its the Prime Minister who will come out to speak!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #521

Link for the news conference;

CCTV News Live - P2P Live Streaming - English_CCTV.com
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #522
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Just throwing it out there, I think it's mentioned some where that it wasn't until 5 or more hours later till Malaysia Airline had a press release that they lost contact with the plane, which coincidentally, was the same amount of time that people are speculating that the plane was still active after disappearing from civilian radar.

I'm not sure if there are protocols as to when the airline has to release a press to alert the public of the situation.

It's a improbable and retarded theory, but it would be super crazy if the Malaysia Airline actually knew something all along.
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #523
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Fucking makes me sick how slow these Malaysian officials are. Took a week to figure out it's a hijack and it actually flew else where.
Let's not forget there's been at least a dozen other nations and numerous aviation authorities in on the search, as well as the plane and engine manufacturers, and who knows who else working on this in an "official" capacity, and ALL of them have been just as stumped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #524
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Hope to god that a miracle happened and the plane landed with all of those people still alive
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #525
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Where is the best source for accurate news?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote