REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 11-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #1826
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I’ve shot a double barrel before, but never an O/U.
Those are some pricey guns. A sweet trap gun from Italy can cost thousands. If not tens of thousands. I see those guns as an investment.

Speaking of investments, the gun that was used to shoot Lee Harvey Oswald was bought at auction for $15,000 back in the 60’s. It’s a Colt cobra revolver in 38 special. It’s now worth $2-3,000,000, and each billet shot out of it goes for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars at auction. It’s crazy!
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #1827
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Yeah, I am treating myself as I am getting a promotion in Feb - I'll running the company, so I figure I will buy one good O/U that I can shoot the rest of my life and then my sons will also enjoy it when I am done. I'm leaning towards the Caesar - it sure is a pretty shotgun.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #1828
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I have an itch to get a dedicated trap gun. I was seriously eying up a Citori 725 Sporting, but I keep reading that Browning is having issues with their stocks cracking and then taking months to replace in the 725 and XT models. So....now I am considering either a Caesar Guerini Summit or possibly an older Ljutic 73; I can;t help myself, I love the old classics.

Anyone have an O/U that they regularly shoot with feedback?
Zedbra, I shoot an older Browning Citori. It's a field model so no fancy stepped rib or fiber optics or anything. Very solid, honest feeling gun. Love it and the feel of the action. From 1983 and it's still going strong. I want to get a newer pad on it - I believe it's still an original pad (:O) but that's about it. Fixed choke (F/M) so no hard decisions choosing, just pick which barrel and shoot it. Have done a 23/25 a couple of times. Definitely me as the weak link. Tried a couple of newer Browning guns and they felt good for me as well.

OUs are nicer than a pump to shoot, not sure about semi as I've never had the chance to shoot that for trap. It feels more compact for a given barrel length since the action is further back towards the stock.

The Pemberton club has Stoeger O/Us as their club gun and those aren't bad but nowhere near as refined. If you'd like we can try to meet up and you're welcome to give my gun a try.

In the trap demographic of the club, about 70% are shooting Browning, 20% Beretta, and others are various brands.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #1829

Thank you for the offer, I see many older Brownings available but am concerned about fitment. I need a long LOP and I have really large hands - so anything with a palm swell is welcomed. Hence, I am considering a new shotgun that is completely adjustable as it is hard to get my hands on something that fits. I do like that some of the newer O/Us have mechanical triggers and not inertia, as then I can shoot light loads and partake when we shoot doubles at our range.

I have been using an old Breda semi-auto long recoil for trap the last few years and while I can often shoot a 20 or 21, I have issues with the straight out of the house slow rising pigeons, as you need to cover your target with the old ones; I shoot and see the clay get pushed down or up, as I am shooting over or under the pigeon. Time to smash those ones, too!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #1830
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I'm not sure what the deals were like before, but WSS currently has all ammo 25% off, and GP11 is 50% off. I don't *need* any more, but I grabbed a few more bricks anyways haha.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #1831

I picked up a case of G11 a few days ago and then it went even lower yesterday I hear - cheaper than I can reload.

I also blew next year's gun budget last night and ordered my new O/U for trap. I ordered a Rizzini Vertex Sporter with 30" barrels, raised rib, and adjustable comb; it was already shipped this afternoon. I received an email from the CEO of Rizzini USA saying that he hopes I like my new shotgun and that they will send me a shooting vest for a few bucks. Nice touch, considering it is a holiday for them.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #1832
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
8mm mauser is a bitch and a half to get a hold of without bankrupting yourself lol.
here in GP, i can only get the federal stuff for 55/box. i think i'm going to have to stock up in van this week lol.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #1833

I received a nice surprise at the Post Office today - my Rizzini showed up. Christmas in November! I can't wait to bust some clays.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2017, 07:05 PM   #1834

She's beautiful!
fml
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #1835
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Amazing, that looks awesome!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #1836
they call me the snowman

That is a good looking shotgun Zed.
Damn! It's a work of art.

I can't even post a pic my AR until we hit the next page.
It's a POS compared to Zed's new Italian model.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #1837

Thanks gents - I've been shouldering it a bunch, trying to figure out the required cast I need, but I think I need someone that knows a whole lot more than me to help fit it properly.

I called Miramachi yesterday to change my AR lower status to the complete barrel length and the woman I got on the line was a freshie, I tell you. She kept asking me what brand and model it was going to now become. lol. She wasn't getting it that the lower is the gun, and all I was doing was giving her a barrel length. I bit my lip, patiently walked her through it and she thanked me at the end! lol.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #1838

Zed, let's go trap shooting either in Squamish or Pemby next spring!
fml
Old 11-29-2017, 08:17 PM   #1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Zed, let's go trap shooting either in Squamish or Pemby next spring!
Or both! I've never shot up in Pemby. We usually have a good Xmas shoot at the Squamish range, snowed one year and that was kind of fun. Otherwise, we only have trap on the weekend, alternating between Saturday and Sunday. But yeah, I want to start busting more clays!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #1840

Nothing as epic or special as some of the firearms you've all posted but here's a pic of the new Bushmaster QRC you fuckers on RS made me get

Swapped out handguard, grip, buttstock, and charging handle. The pic shows the red dot it came with but I've since swapped it out with my other Holosun red dot which if I had to put money on it would be better.

Last edited by winson604; 12-01-2017 at 09:02 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2017, 06:13 AM   #1841

^ pic isn't working for me on Firefox, which just updated this morning. Tried on Chrome as well, no worky.

Last edited by Zedbra; 12-01-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #1842

Quote:
^ pic isn't working for me on Firefox, which just updated this morning. Tried on Chrome as well, no worky.
Just uploaded to my FB and swapped the link out, I think it should be good now. Certainly I see it

This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #1843

Yeah, I can see it now. I like the handguard.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #1844

Quote:
Yeah, I can see it now. I like the handguard.
Thanks, really nothing fancy on any of the parts but if anyone is interested to know they were the following.

I really wanted to do a free float rail but I don't have the tools to do the work and really wasn't interested in paying a gunsmith and spending all the money on what's essentially an entry level AR so I went with the economical and easy Magpul route.

Handguard - Magpul MOE SL Carbine Length
Grip - Magpul MOE SL
Buttstock - MOE SL (yea there's a theme going here)
Charging Handle - Aftermarket Butterfly Ambi Charging Handle, it's essentially like the Raptor Charging handle but at half the cost and probably not quite on the same level in terms of quality but reviews were great

https://truenortharms.com/products/b...nt=26912263496

This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #1845
they call me the snowman

^
I like that charging handle a lot. Needless to say the stock one is poop. It's already taken a bite out of my finger.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #1846

I snuck out yesterday for some group therapy and to try out the Rizzini for the first time. I had the entire range to myself for hours - bliss.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #1847
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

That is one classy looking shotgun
ak1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #1848
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
^
I like that charging handle a lot. Needless to say the stock one is poop. It's already taken a bite out of my finger.
Yeah, I'm looking to get a raptor type charging handle myself. The stock one is pretty clunky even for my small hands.

At least it's not the military version which in combination with where the sling mount is, probably isn't great on the fingers either:

ak1to is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1to View Post
Yeah, I'm looking to get a raptor type charging handle myself. The stock one is pretty clunky even for my small hands.

At least it's not the military version which in combination with where the sling mount is, probably isn't great on the fingers either:

More options now a days.

If you want legit Raptor brand they have the LT line now which is almost half the price at around $80 CDN compared to their SD line which are around $150.

The one I got is around $60 and I'm sure if you dug around and or bought from the US you can find better deals.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2017, 12:19 AM   #1850
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
I bought a thing o:

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote