REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   REVscene Motorsports (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-motorsports_26/)
-   -   Official "my latest HPDE experience" thread. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695361-official-my-latest-hpde-experience-thread.html)

TjAlmeida 09-22-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowguy (Post 8532725)
was the track ran clockwise or counter?

Clockwise. Roughly ran a 2.16 around, not 100% accurate. My girlfriend did me the favor and used her phone as a stop watch to the best of her ability. Pretty happy with that time with it being my first time on a track.

Thor was my instructors name. Was super happy with his instruction and the line he was telling me to take opposed to other people.

trollguy 09-22-2014 02:09 PM

THOR! how awesome is that. Did he ever tell you to lay the hammer down..

dared3vil0 09-22-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8532706)
And that.. Was too much fun!

Anyone going to the Ridge on Oct 4/5? :fullofwin:

That was fucking awesome. Any GoPro footage from your car?

Did you find those Coopers refusing to point you by?

dared3vil0 09-22-2014 07:54 PM

Thought i'd do a little review of the event..

HOD ran it very well, everything was on time, well prepared and generally well ran event. My instructor (Richard, if you have an account on here, thank you so much!) was fantastic and incredibly helpful. Took me for a 10 minute ride along in his prepped Miata (Supercharged, big wing, running slicks) and the corner entry speeds he had were simply mind boggling... He ran a 2:01 iirc

I was actually fairly impressed with my car. The only car i didn't pass atleast once/was passed by in "A" group was TJ's FRS (passed me once :D), which has suspension work and is running sticky BFG Rivals. The 'stang was neutral through corners, perhaps very slightly understeered (stock everything...) but was easily correctable with throttle. Rotated nicely (NOT sliding) under power. What i thought would be absolutely horrible turned out to be perfect (auto trans) as i just used SelecShift (tiptronic) which will hold a gear as long as i want (bounce off redline at 7300 if i want) and will let me downshift at any speeds (gotta be careful with that) Used 2nd and 3rd mostly.

Brakes held up every session without fade on the heavy car, even during one marathon near 30 minute session. Thank god i put in the better fluid and Hawk pads... Stock brakes would of been a death sentence. Only thing i had an issue with was i would get spooked and brake way too early for a corner. Kept having visions of Terry Fair (Vorschlag's) Mustang flying off the track at 150mph (though the fastest i hit at ORP was just over 160kmh (~100mph) on the front straight) as his brakes boiled...

All in all i would say i'm addicted. Will be attending the BMWCCBC Autocross on the 19th of October, then it's time for full suspension, gears, wheels, tires etc for next season!

kchan 09-23-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8532937)
Thought i'd do a little review of the event..

HOD ran it very well, everything was on time, well prepared and generally well ran event. My instructor (Richard, if you have an account on here, thank you so much!) was fantastic and incredibly helpful. Took me for a 10 minute ride along in his prepped Miata (Supercharged, big wing, running slicks) and the corner entry speeds he had were simply mind boggling... He ran a 2:01 iirc

I was actually fairly impressed with my car. The only car i didn't pass atleast once/was passed by in "A" group was TJ's FRS (passed me once :D), which has suspension work and is running sticky BFG Rivals. The 'stang was neutral through corners, perhaps very slightly understeered (stock everything...) but was easily correctable with throttle. Rotated nicely (NOT sliding) under power. What i thought would be absolutely horrible turned out to be perfect (auto trans) as i just used SelecShift (tiptronic) which will hold a gear as long as i want (bounce off redline at 7300 if i want) and will let me downshift at any speeds (gotta be careful with that) Used 2nd and 3rd mostly.

Brakes held up every session without fade on the heavy car, even during one marathon near 30 minute session. Thank god i put in the better fluid and Hawk pads... Stock brakes would of been a death sentence. Only thing i had an issue with was i would get spooked and brake way too early for a corner. Kept having visions of Terry Fair (Vorschlag's) Mustang flying off the track at 150mph (though the fastest i hit at ORP was just over 160kmh (~100mph) on the front straight) as his brakes boiled...

All in all i would say i'm addicted. Will be attending the BMWCCBC Autocross on the 19th of October, then it's time for full suspension, gears, wheels, tires etc for next season!

glad to see that more n more of you guys are taking your cars to the track

it doesnt matter if its stock or modified, go out there and enjoy yourself

dont make any excuses for yourself (oh my car isnt modded enough, need more bolt on, need a tune etc.etc.) , if you dont track your car you wont even know what you truly need until you do so

lets be honest, most of us reviewing car parts or tires are bs-ing with our "street" review as we arent even pushing our cars or the part near to what it can handle

even for myself now, i thought i was done modding my car but now that im driving it harder and harder, i come to realize how i missed out the smallest of things that i wouldn't have missed out if i tracked my car more when it was stock

for my future track events, ill be sure to have a revscene discount code setup :hotbaby:

dared3vil0 09-23-2014 08:27 PM

Anyone going to BMWCCBC Autocross on Oct. 19th?

Zoomy 09-23-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8533466)
Anyone going to BMWCCBC Autocross on Oct. 19th?

If I can get my 240+Turbo project functional by then I plan on going.

kchan 09-24-2014 02:06 AM

Thank you to everyone that came out - pretty much 99% of the cars are locals here :D

huge thanks to Gary from Singular Entity for the video!

duy- 09-25-2014 11:44 AM

huge thanks to FFD and TSS once again
i think its awesome how noob friendly they are, i mean before i got into track days it was one of the things that really scared me off

1. didnt know anyone
2. didnt know where to sign up
3. didnt know when it was happening
4. didnt know if my car was track ready.
-do i need a turbo? i need 59000000000 HP otherwise its not fun and a waste of time

its actually really great how things are shaping out, i feel like the track community is really starting to grow from the positive effort put together by that last track day. you just dont understand your car until you get to the track and push it to its limits, makes me really appreciate mine personally

also big thanks to the guys at UBCSCC and VCMC for keeping local events up as well, made this season amazing. especially rick who organizes VCMC, volunteers at UBCSCC and participates at FFDxTSS lol

boatcaptain 09-26-2014 06:40 PM

group buy?? pacific raceway is up for sale!
Pacific Raceways -- Where the Excitement is Accelerating! > Legendary Raceway Offered For Sale

westopher 09-28-2014 01:32 PM

I wonder what that means for the future of the track? I know ridge is a better track, but I just love Pacific. Turns 3a/b is literally the most fun I have ever had in a car.

boatcaptain 10-24-2014 08:14 PM

I decided to go to pacific raceway to end the track season.the track day was hosted by Porsche club america.Not much seat time compare to other.Four twenty minute session was enough to make me tired.I've only been to pacific raceway once in 2012 so i was kinda nervous to drive on the track again in 2 years. here is a short video of me steering the boat around the track.

dared3vil0 10-24-2014 08:19 PM

^ How fast down the front straight?

boatcaptain 10-24-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8548308)
^ How fast down the front straight?

According to the gps around 200km/h

kchan 02-27-2015 02:18 PM

tracking season is upon us ..

smoothie. 02-27-2015 02:33 PM

teach me, trackstar.

westopher 02-27-2015 03:58 PM

Just ordered a new helmet today.

boatcaptain 02-27-2015 05:30 PM

teach me too!!

underscore 02-28-2015 06:06 AM

I'm tempted to hit up a high-performance driving school at some point as well, anybody have suggestions on those? I only know about DirtFish and they're for rally (I wanna hit them up soon too)

boatcaptain 02-28-2015 07:16 AM

^One Day High Performance Driving | ProFormance Racing School

kchan 02-28-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothie. (Post 8602566)
teach me, trackstar.

nothing to teach here

the best teachers are slowguy and boatcaptain

im just a shit stirrer

westopher 02-28-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8602838)
I'm tempted to hit up a high-performance driving school at some point as well, anybody have suggestions on those? I only know about DirtFish and they're for rally (I wanna hit them up soon too)

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatcaptain (Post 8602849)

I did that one. It was lots of fun, and it not only made a difference the way I drive on a track, but made me a more alert driver on the street. It also teaches you the limits of your car with other exercises than just laps. If you don't mind paying for it, I'd recommend it.

underscore 02-28-2015 12:07 PM

$555 with my own car sounds like a pretty good deal, I'm really tempted to rent the Elise though.

Hey kchan, wanna rent me your Exige for $600? :whistle:

kchan 02-28-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8602945)
$555 with my own car sounds like a pretty good deal, I'm really tempted to rent the Elise though.

Hey kchan, wanna rent me your Exige for $600? :whistle:

sure after you prove yourself bae :hotbaby:

boatcaptain 02-28-2015 09:57 PM

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...psudpf0u5j.jpg

:woot2: