REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 09-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #1351
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
That was another issue. Talking with the guy who runs it (and owns wavespec rotor), the sport of rally is having some growing pains the last year or two. Lots of first timers or beginners. But that means that there is a lot of people helping and running who don’t know general safety or how these kinds of events are run. The way these events can be kept cheap is that they DONT have to hire a full set of staff for running stations. There are volunteer courses set up by dirtfish rally school to teach people the more technical aspects of running rally as well, from timing to grid setup etc.

I had a few issues mid day when I was working the course, where I had to yell at some people to pay attention. The worst part is where people weren’t tightening up in staging grid, so the line started backing into the stop box. I had to yell out to throw the red flag on the incoming car, and that happened more than once.

There was also no discussion on where is considered a safe place to stand. People were hiding corner exit after crest etc. I truly believe it was just an issue of, it’s been the same people attending for years, now all of a sudden there’s 40% new entrants and they have forgotten that some people don’t know these things.
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #1352
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanks for the info man. will check it out.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #1353
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
And since there’s NOTHING like this anywhere I’ve found in BC I jumped on the opportunity.
The Interior Rally Sport Association (IRSA) has started running RallyX events up at Thunder Mountain outside of Kelowna. They've got a doubleheader weekend coming up (Sept 15-16) with a novice TSD rally on the Saturday evening.

https://www.facebook.com/rallyinterior/ or Interior Rally Sport Association - Promoting Rally Sport in the Okanagan and Interior BC has the signup and info on their events.

It'd be nice if someone could organize all the events put on by all the different groups into one place. Everybody seems to just do their own thing so trying to keep track of what's going on in BC/Alberta/Washington means following loads of different groups and still missing half of what's going on.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #1354
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,231 Times in 2,482 Posts
Just found out about this, and I don't have any interest in it myself. (I am also embarrassed to admit that I lack the skills to do it.) But I think at least some of us might be interested in the event.

Speed Fanatics DRIFTING Special @ MRP 2018-10-07 (Sun)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1874007176028654

AFAIK, this is the first time a "local" drifting event is taking place. I don't know any of the details beyond what has been posted. It'd be interesting to see how the event plays out.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #1355

I’d be down to go spectate!! Thanks for the link
Old 09-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #1356
Old School RS

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
looks dangerous af working on that course
the guy at 1:00...damn
The speeds at rallycross are so slow, I don't think that's dangerous at all. Courseworkers would be close to that distance at autocross where a car might do 60-70km/h in a corner, I doubt that rallycross corner was more than 30-40km/h. It's not hard to jump out of the way of a car at that speed.

-Mark
Old 10-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #1357
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
Did my first mission trackday and boy was it wet. Here is some footage if anyone want to waste their data

Last edited by boatcaptain; 10-02-2018 at 05:26 PM.
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #1358

I’ll gladly waste data on you. Looked like an absolute blast. What tires do you run for the rain?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #1359
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,994 Times in 1,884 Posts
boatcaptain sailing through the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:43 PM   #1360
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
I’ll gladly waste data on you. Looked like an absolute blast. What tires do you run for the rain?
Yeah i never driven in the rain with boat or on mission, so it was quite fun, i was running conti ecs that day. Some awesome pictures taken by Andrew Ritchie

Last edited by boatcaptain; 10-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #1361

Bump. Two part post....

1. . February 2/3 was the first ice-x weekend of the year. Was about -15° the first day and -21° the second day (half the field bailed and didn’t even show up). There was zero snow on the lake and was polished sheet ice. Most the studless field was about 0:50-1:00 slower per lap than last year (very similar course).

I did quite poorly, couldn’t get my head in the game. Also had my wife there and she raced too, lots of distractions. So much fun though and it seems she quite enjoyed herself. We’re signed up for the next ice-x weekend as well for March 2/3. Blew a tire on the way up but otherwise was a fun weekend.

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.sportscard.trade

2.. I want to try autocross. I’ve done track, ice-x, rallycross etc. Unfortunately the last ubcscc slush day is the same weeekend I’m out of town. Is there any other groups that run fairly often that someone would like to take me to and show me the ropes? I don’t care what class I run or stuff like that, I’d just be going to race against myself. I know bmwcca or something also does days but not sure if you need a membership or not etc
Old 02-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #1362
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The Interior Rally Sport Association (IRSA) has started running RallyX events up at Thunder Mountain outside of Kelowna. They've got a doubleheader weekend coming up (Sept 15-16) with a novice TSD rally on the Saturday evening.

https://www.facebook.com/rallyinterior/ or Interior Rally Sport Association - Promoting Rally Sport in the Okanagan and Interior BC has the signup and info on their events.

It'd be nice if someone could organize all the events put on by all the different groups into one place. Everybody seems to just do their own thing so trying to keep track of what's going on in BC/Alberta/Washington means following loads of different groups and still missing half of what's going on.
Ron Sorem compiles a Western Region Rally Calendar. I'll see if I can figure out how you get on the mailing list...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #1363
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
That would be greatly appreciated!
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:01 AM   #1364

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:

2.. I want to try autocross. I’ve done track, ice-x, rallycross etc. Unfortunately the last ubcscc slush day is the same weeekend I’m out of town. Is there any other groups that run fairly often that someone would like to take me to and show me the ropes? I don’t care what class I run or stuff like that, I’d just be going to race against myself. I know bmwcca or something also does days but not sure if you need a membership or not etc
The slush series is just the fun series but doesn’t mean you can’t have fun during the normal season. I’ve only ever done a few auto-x but you don’t have to go to every race to have fun, just to stay competitive in the season. UBCSCC and SCCA. I’d like to find out info on the untimed autos events that BMW and others hold. A lot more track time.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #1365

Looks like Vince season starts in April, so that might be the goal. Asked the wife and she’d love to participate as well so that would be fun
Old 06-25-2019, 07:49 AM   #1366
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,511 Posts
Ridge took my track virginity this past weekend. Westopher and TheProducer, thanks for your helpful tips (on BC BMW) and answers. Car performed as well as it could under the circumstances. Lots of front tire fold over and understeer, I suspect it is because of my staggered set up.

My instructor, Michael, did a great job! He's a great teacher hahah, but don't get in his GT3 right after eating something. I was not expecting the Gs that we were pulling.

I started off the day with a 2:27:488, then i got cocky and ended up with a 2:30:713 with a bunch of complaints against me for not following line/missing all the apexs/generally terrible driving. I'm happy to report I finished off the day with a 2:13:023. I learned that I really have to slow it down, in order to not fight with the car. Thanks for hosting Kalson!
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #1367
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

No wonder that E46 looked familiar. I was in the blue FRS (without the wing) and black RPF1s with #27 on the top right corner.

I suspect your tire rolling over is due to not having enough front camber for track usage rather than your staggered setup.

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
No wonder that E46 looked familiar. I was in the blue FRS (without the wing) and black RPF1s with #27 on the top right corner.
You're so fast dude hahah. Did you join group C's last session? I let a couple of brz/frs/86 pass, who then went off track after.

Yeah I think I need to get up to -3.5 up front, which isn't doable without front plates

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #1369

-3.5° Is a lot. What are you at now? If you’re at least -2.5° that’s plenty. Focus more on tire pressure and corner entry speed and smoothness
Old 06-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #1370
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
You're so fast dude hahah. Did you join group C's last session? I let a couple of brz/frs/86 pass, who then went off track after.

Yeah I think I need to get up to -3.5 up front, which isn't doable without front plates

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Nah I was in group B for most of the day

Quote:
-3.5° Is a lot. What are you at now? If you’re at least -2.5° that’s plenty. Focus more on tire pressure and corner entry speed and smoothness
I run -3.5 on my car and I used to daily drive it a lot :P But then again, I run R-Comps for track haha

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by mb_; 06-25-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #1371

Quote:

I'm at -1, as recommended by Aria because I still daily the car. I was able to get a max of -1.5 with TSS.

APEX wheels actually did a study and suggested that most, if not all, BMWs need about -3.5 in the front for optimal turn in and to prevent front tire chew up on the shoulder.

On my fastest lap, I was able to get 34 degrees all round, hot temps. Which is the ideal temp for the RS4s, as recommended by 325ismsport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
I run -3.5 on my car and I used to daily drive it a lot :P But then again, I run R-Comps for track haha
My instructor also mentioned that there wasn't much more that I could do. Limitations of the street tire and weight of the car :/
Old 06-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #1372
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,231 Times in 2,482 Posts
Vehicle setup as well as driver skillz are both very important. IMO, -1.5° camber should be perfectly fine for street driving even in a heavier BMW. If you do some aggressive driving every now and then (including track days), that would be enough to even out the tire wear. Even if you don't, the worst that can happen is you wear your tires out a bit early. -1.5° really isn't that much unless you do a ton of highway / freeway driving.

Damn I miss the Ridge.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Vehicle setup as well as driver skillz are both very important. IMO, -1.5° camber should be perfectly fine for street driving even in a heavier BMW. If you do some aggressive driving every now and then (including track days), that would be enough to even out the tire wear. Even if you don't, the worst that can happen is you wear your tires out a bit early. -1.5° really isn't that much unless you do a ton of highway / freeway driving.

Damn I miss the Ridge.

I read somewhere that camber doesn't really kill tires and it's just a myth. However, what does kill tires is toe, which I have about 1/16" in total on each axle
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

Damn I miss the Ridge.
Yeah me too. Haven’t signed up yet this year. It can be really frustrating to feel an obvious limit to your ability (like tires). With my RS I had to practice a lot of self control in the carousel. The long sweeping corner was too much for my front tires. But go slow, smooth and wide in that corner, cut in and WOT. The next 4 corners could be taken WOT so it is worth it
Old 06-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #1375
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I read somewhere that camber doesn't really kill tires and it's just a myth. However, what does kill tires is toe, which I have about 1/16" in total on each axle
This experience for me has been true so far. Daily driving like 30k a year with -3.5 degrees of front camber and 0 toe hasn't really had any excessive camber wear

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: