REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 10-11-2022, 07:57 PM   #1526
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts

Finally hit sub 2 mins at Ridge... now my friends are all doing 1:55s
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2022, 08:35 PM   #1527
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
I heard it's time for a new GR86 -- isn't your current track toy getting up there in the kms anyway?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2022, 02:15 PM   #1528
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I'm on Project Mu Club Racers on both front and rear. EBC blank front rotors are fairly new (installed shortly before Sept 18 ridge day).

I wasn't really concerned if it would make it though the day - I probably had 6 sets of spares with me. It was just frustrating that I could feel the braking performance decrease significantly after a few hot laps. That and the car didn't feel dialed in, yet it felt dialed in on the exact same set up two weeks prior.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Perhaps you should check out Paragon brakes as you can't order Winmax nowadays. I ran Paragon R5 fronts (W/ Ti-shims) & P3 rears combined with SRF at Mission without a problem. Only time the pedal got slightly softer was due to do the bleeders seeping which teflon tape have corrected and been rock solid after.
S1 S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2022, 06:53 PM   #1529
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
You've got quite a bit of time on the table, keep fighting for it! A couple of those shaky exits cost you a LOT of time.

Rich
Vancouver240sx is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2022, 06:43 AM   #1530
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpoK..._channel=mb_92

Oh damn this track looks so fun. I hope to try it out oneday..

Our season in Alberta is now finished. Only got to sneak in about 8 events this year. Also got a a new FD but it appears to be way shorter (5.1) than what I was told it was (4.566) so now re-learning how to drive my car again.

kobe tai is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2022, 08:51 AM   #1531
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
Oh damn this track looks so fun. I hope to try it out oneday..

Our season in Alberta is now finished. Only got to sneak in about 8 events this year. Also got a a new FD but it appears to be way shorter (5.1) than what I was told it was (4.566) so now re-learning how to drive my car again.

What's your RPM's in 5th gear going 80kph? I recently put in an M-Factory 4.67 FD so I can compare my readings to yours

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #1532
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
What's your RPM's in 5th gear going 80kph? I recently put in an M-Factory 4.67 FD so I can compare my readings to yours
I'll have to check next time I take the car out but I hit the rev limiter in 4th gear at 138km/hr
Old 10-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #1533
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Ok looks like I'm at 3500 rpm in 5th at 80kmh. This is with slightly taller tire than stock (265/35/18)
Old 10-16-2022, 09:42 PM   #1534
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Well, today was the final track day of the season with the Porsche club. Canadian Tire Motorsport Park can be quite unforgiving for those who aren't prepared. It was the perfect fall day - cold, wet, rainy, and very windy. I envied you folks in Vancouver with the warm weather and ideal track conditions at Area 27, VIMC etc..

Saturday was raining throughout the morning so we drove two sessions in the wet line. It stopped after lunch and the track dried up but it was very windy throughout the day which made for some driving on the back straights a bit challenging and at times a bit scary when entering Corner 8 after hitting 200km/h+ and having to hit the brakes to enter the corner.

Sunday was a lot nicer but still cold and windy. Fewer people showed up which meant for a lot less traffic in the run groups. I managed to get over my fear of entering in to the downhill portion of Corner 2 where I spun out in August and to apply throttle to transfer the rear weight of the car into Corner 2B. Biggest improvement was nailing down entry of downhill Corner 4, applying throttle (this used to terrify me) and downshifting into 3rd with a light brake and up into Corner 5A and into Corner 5B before the back straight.

I was assigned an instructor with a GT4 but turns our he got a new car (Carrera GTS?) and I had no idea where to find the guy. I got lucky and was re-assigned to another instructor who has 20+ years of experience driving at CTMP and has a 1990 E30 race-prepped chassis currently running on an Z3 2.8L motor. This guy was crazy fast tailing and often passing the higher GT cars (except on the straights.) I learned a lot from the guy and will request him for next season for one more weekend to work on getting into signed off for solo runs.

Final picture of the season (sorry, no action photos.) CTMP is quite spartan in terms of amenities as you can see. Perhaps this leaves room to build and encourage camaraderie and the social aspect of track days.

And for shits and giggles, this was got to be one of the most ridiculous things to happen on the track in the club's history.
Spoiler!

Can't wait for next season!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 10-17-2022 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Grammar and typos
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2022, 06:48 AM   #1535
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
Ok looks like I'm at 3500 rpm in 5th at 80kmh. This is with slightly taller tire than stock (265/35/18)
I'm around 3,300-3,400 RPM at 80kph in 5th gear with 245/40/17

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2022, 07:38 AM   #1536
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
I'm around 3,300-3,400 RPM at 80kph in 5th gear with 245/40/17
If you get a chance can you check what your speed is at redline/fuel cut in 3rd or 4th gear?

My 3rd gear used to top out at 138km/hr with the 4.1 and now tops out at 112/km/hr with the new FD

I used this and my top speeds are slightly lower than the right side of the chart ones. How accurate are your compared to the left side?

Last edited by kobe tai; 10-17-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:15 PM   #1537
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Mine fuel cut at 115kph in 3rd gear, stock rev limiter

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-09-2022, 09:12 PM   #1538
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
i got the same espresso maker when i was in Italy last month, it's epic
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2023, 08:39 AM   #1539
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts

Weekend up in Ashcroft doing auto-x on the lake!
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2023, 09:38 AM   #1540
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Cool. What the drone setup? And is somebody flying and filming or is it active track?
Old 01-17-2023, 10:03 AM   #1541

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZZ View Post
Cool. What the drone setup? And is somebody flying and filming or is it active track?
DJI Mini 3 Pro, mostly active track and some hand-flying. Definitely not fast enough to keep up as the course this year was very fast and flowy, was hitting 60kph+ on the back straight and the drone maxes out around 40kph. Active track worked very well, lost the subject sometimes if it got tripped up but mostly managed to keep the car in focus.
fml
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2023, 09:48 PM   #1542
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Big shoutout to Kalson for building such a helpful community. My friends had a weekend of misfortune (fender bender on the way down + another incident) but the community pulled together for us. Big thanks to G5, Overdrive and ER Auto for getting us roadworthy so that we could get back home without towing from Shelton.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2023, 08:44 AM   #1543

Got the Audi crew - including 3 wagons - to come out to an auto-x day. That was fun, I did not bad for a fat wagon coming in mid-pack as usual. Shout out to Gerbs who I saw out as well, good to see you!

fml
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2023, 09:57 AM   #1544
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
The Audi's were so fast it's crazy!

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 12:21 PM   #1545
RS Veteran

holy that black tent - i imagine it was hot AF sitting inside it lol

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 05-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
The Audi's were so fast it's crazy!
Probably just Waylon (blue sedan) lol - Stage 3+ A4 on RS4s haha. Except he needs to stop DNFing to get faster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
holy that black tent - i imagine it was hot AF sitting inside it lol
Actually, it worked pretty well - mesh sides so bugs were kept out, and enough venting that it wasn't hot.

Dfferent colour but similar.

fml
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2023, 10:30 PM   #1547
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Went to VIMC for the first time on Saturday - what a day! It's definitely not a bicbaws track day without some setbacks. On a positive note, shoutout to Axon for sponsoring this event - I like VIMC better than Ridge, but I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to try it without the promotional rate (reg price + ferry cost is just slightly less than a ridge weekend). I wasn't going to track this year as I was trying to save some money - I overspent last year for track days and prep.

As a result of cost savings, I decided to run a pretty drifty setup. 275/35 front 235/40 rear. The 235s are from my E46. (At ridge last year, I ran 275/35 front and 255/40 rear - 255s from my E46). I put in over 4 hours at Axon (sim racing) prior to Saturday, driving strictly the FL5 (super drifty as well) at VIMC to practice handling FWD oversteer. I'm happy to say it paid off.

Along with tire cost savings, I also run used brake pads. They haven't failed me yet. The one time I bought new (but cheap) pads, they exploded. I put on Hawk HP+. I haven't had good experiences with HP+ in the past, but it has worked well for others with FK8. I went out for the first session - lead/follow and I didn't like the way it felt. It was what you expect from HP+. A strong bite, but no actual stopping power. Right after the first session, I decided to skip the next session so that I have more time to swap pads. If you guys remember, at Mission, I was able to swap my pads quickstyles without missing a session. It was unfortunately not that easy this time. The Brembo caliper pins refused to go in properly.

I swapped in a (used) set of Endless CCRGs. My friend didn't like the way they felt, but I love the way they feel. The bite is similar to Project Mu Club Racers, the stopping power feels about the same if not better, but the heat tolerance is significantly higher. It could be the difference of tracks, but I found that I didn't need CD laps (I still did them if I felt any drop off in braking power/heat soak). I had a great session with them on - re: monkey mode.

Like I said, it wouldn't be a bicbaws trackday without some interesting stories. On the session after lunch, at T15, I heard a big bang. I thought my brake pad exploded (again) but instead of the brake pedal going to the floor, it felt like it was stuck. Thankfully, pit lane is close to T15. I rolled into hot pits hoping it would be something minor but all I saw was metal shavings on the front left wheel.

(1:10 is around T15 where the big bang happened)

Big shoutout to 320icar + friend who quickly diagnosed the issue.

I ended off the day setting a PB of 1:28.85, but I have no footage. My GoPro ran out of batteries and amongst everything going on with my car, it was the last thing on my mind. VIMC is definitely a lot of fun and the 235 on the rear was less sketchy than I thought. I can't WOT on T1-T3 without the rear end feeling like it'll step out.

Great to see a few RSers tho - Aznboi, 320icar, LP700 (bro i never remember ur username). Noob's Pro Tip: Check ALL of your nuts and bolts. Even if you haven't touched them in awhile.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 06-04-2023 at 10:51 PM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2023, 08:20 AM   #1548
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Noob's Pro Tip: Check ALL of your nuts and bolts. Even if you haven't touched them in awhile.

Mark your bolts and you can quickly scan them after each event

https://www.permatex.com/new-permate...and-tampering/
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2023, 09:11 AM   #1549
RS Veteran

Wow, you are very lucky.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2023, 09:55 AM   #1550

BIC_BAWS looks like we just missed each other! I got to take someone's place on the Sunday VIMC day with Speedy Goat, and VIMC was a total blast compared to Mission. The elevation changes and the more complex turns with wider runoff was amazing, and when you string the corners just right and get that clean exit in the T10-14 complex...

I ended up in the 1:36's on the day, which to me was a pretty good accomplishment given the car that I was driving. Mid-pack in Group C isn't bad for a fat wagon (and probably the heaviest car on track). Brakes (stock) held up, tires (stock, Conti SportContact 6) held up, temps held up, and the only concern was smoking brakes after the 3rd session, which was solved by circling around the parking lot for 4-5 mins. I got a bit frustrated with the DSG in S/M mode, which kept on upshifting on me at redline, but them's the breaks on a non-S/RS Audi I guess.

The two cars in front of me probably weighed as much as my car combined

Wagon crew

fml
This post thanked by: