REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: It's Election Day!
Liberal 226 57.65%
NDP 57 14.54%
Green 7 1.79%
Conservative 66 16.84%
Other to support fringe beliefs 2 0.51%
Spoiled/Throwaway ballot 3 0.77%
Didn't Vote (BOO) 18 4.59%
Couldn't Vote for a Legit Reason 13 3.32%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #326
RS.net PIMP
 
7seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver/LA
Posts: 4,903
Thanked 3,067 Times in 828 Posts
Candidates from all parties have been getting in trouble, especially with past social media

Quote:
Santa has to be white’: B.C. Liberal candidate quits over Facebook posts

VICTORIA—A Liberal candidate in British Columbia who allegedly referred to mosques as “brainwashing stations” on social media has withdrawn her candidacy.
Cheryl Thomas was running in the riding of Victoria, but resigned Wednesday after contentious Facebook posts surfaced............

“The oppressed of the Warsaw ghettoes and the concentration camps have become the oppressors, keeping the Palestinians who are left in their ‘homeland’ in ghettos,” she allegedly wrote.
In another post, which the Star could no longer find on Thomas’ page, she also wrote: “Santa has to be white!!! You can’t have a brown guy with a beard sneaking into your house in the middle of the night! You’d be calling the bomb squad!”
The deadline for withdrawing candidates has already passed, meaning Thomas’ name will still appear on the ballot.
There is a list of other candidates who have had social media gaffes
?Santa has to be white?: B.C. Liberal candidate quits over Facebook posts | Toronto Star
Advertisement
__________________

13 Range Rover SC
11 Yukon Hybrid
13 Accord V6 Coupe
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #327
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
did you ignore the article that i posted? the guy they want to deport ISN'T a dual citizen, Harper wants to consider him a dual citizen because his parents came from Pakistan 30+ years ago
From my understanding it still isn't clear if he is or isn't a dual citizen since Pakistan changed some laws. What seems stupid on both sides of this is I haven't seen anything stating Pakistan's stance on his citizenship, if his citizenship is revoked without confirmation from Pakistan then yes that's a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
If you read the newspaper just a bit, you would have known why advocates against the bill are calling it unconstitutional. For your convenience, I have the following resources for you:

Journalist group and civil liberties association start constitutional challenge to anti-terrorism Bill C-51 | Toronto Star

https://bccla.org/2015/02/bill-c-51-is-unnecessary/
In both of those, I don't see any complaints about the ability to revoke citizenship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
The argument is that the bill itself is not fair. In this particular case, you want to kick him out of Canada because he's eligible to another citizenship. What if this terrorist were a Canadian pure and simple? Does that change your opinion about whether he should be deported and strip of citizenship?

If so, do explain.

If not, then you are on the same ground. You think bill C24 was BS.
I'm still waking up here, what part of section 2 is this no bueno with?

I think currently the most important thing is determining whether or not he has dual citizenship with Pakistan, directly from the Pakistani government. Like I said above since neither side seems to have sorted that part out yet, until then I can't say if I agree or don't with this application of C24.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #328
RS controls my life!
 
belka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Failberta
Posts: 745
Thanked 630 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
This is INSANE

I'm born and raised in Canada, and I can be freaking deported to Hong Kong/ China if I'm a terrorist

We need to vote Steve out of here ASAP
If you are a convicted terrorist you shouldn't just be deported back, you should be air dropped back into wherever the hell you, or your parents for that matter, came from. No parachute. I don't want those idiots running around Canada.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #329
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,549
Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
This is INSANE

I'm born and raised in Canada, and I can be freaking deported to Hong Kong/ China if I'm a terrorist

We need to vote Steve out of here ASAP
We should deport people have no clue what they are talking about or have no idea what's going on and just like to complain coz some media reported in a certain way to get attention.

If you are a terrorist you should be lock up and rot in jail. if you are a dual citizen terrorist we should deport your ass back to your home country and rot in jail.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #330
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
I didn't read half the shit posted, cause I am at work, but I am a little confused by the general anger here.

Do you guys realize how few people get convicted of something like terrorism?

It's not like I could walk out of my house one day and be arrested and convicted of being a terrorist. You have to be into some seriously nefarious activities in order for this issue to even remotely become a fear.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #331
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
carisear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: South Central V
Posts: 5,506
Thanked 509 Times in 204 Posts
man, people need to lighten up about peoples posts on social media.

I couldn't care less if I saw a picture of harper getting drunk when he was 21 years old, with a harem of sluts.

who gives a shit if trudeau would tweet something like "yo momma so ugly, she makes timpo's body kits look good!"

there's a reason why Trump is making waves .. people are fed up with being too PC
__________________
Visit my food blog! http://jaxandcs.com/

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #332
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,416
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Harper wants to expand it to other crimes outside of terrorism. Also does anyone think it's a good idea to sent someone back to the open arms of al qaeda?
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #333
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I didn't read half the shit posted, cause I am at work, but I am a little confused by the general anger here.

Do you guys realize how few people get convicted of something like terrorism?

It's not like I could walk out of my house one day and be arrested and convicted of being a terrorist. You have to be into some seriously nefarious activities in order for this issue to even remotely become a fear.
This is exactly what Harper wants, for the idiots to be blinded by the larger issue and just see "oh terrorist gets sent out of canada...rock on!" even when you beat the facts in front of them all they see is "terrorist" the issue is larger than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
From my understanding it still isn't clear if he is or isn't a dual citizen since Pakistan changed some laws. What seems stupid on both sides of this is I haven't seen anything stating Pakistan's stance on his citizenship, if his citizenship is revoked without confirmation from Pakistan then yes that's a problem.
being able to apply for citizenship of another country based on ones ancestry should have no part in determining ones own natural born citizenship

if you want to play it like that, then every fucking criminal, or person Harper doesn't like?, can be sent to some foreign country (europe, asia, africa, america, first nation reserves) and since Harpers looking to expand it to lesser crimes, not just terrorism, everyone should be concerned...stepping stones
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #334
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
jasonturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Van
Posts: 2,734
Thanked 6,668 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
This is exactly what Harper wants, for the idiots to be blinded by the larger issue and just see "oh terrorist gets sent out of canada...rock on!" even when you beat the facts in front of them all they see is "terrorist" the issue is larger than that
I think you might have unintentionally contradicted yourself there...

Having said that, would you be so kind as to explain to me what the greater issue is?

I'm not asking out of ignorance, I'm asking because I see the changes for what they are, I don't see a "hidden agenda". You make it sound like they want to revoke citizenship for all Canadians.

BTW, don't you live on the other side of the world?

Edit: Just to be clear, terrorism or not, the gov should be able to revoke the citizenship of child molesters etc. If there were people trying to immigrate to Canada that were convicted child molesters would you let them in? No fucking way I would, and if I could kick those people out, I sure as fuck would.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo
Follow me on Instagram @jasonturtle if you want to feel better about your life
jasonturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #335
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
This is exactly what Harper wants, for the idiots to be blinded by the larger issue and just see "oh terrorist gets sent out of canada...rock on!" even when you beat the facts in front of them all they see is "terrorist" the issue is larger than that
Okay. Do you care to enlighten me on this bigger issue?

I'm not too up to date on this issue. I may be missing something, but your post doesn't at all help me understand what I may be missing...

EDIT: Me and Jason posted at the same time. Unlike him however I am asking out of ignorance.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #336
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EndLeSS8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 2,980
Thanked 507 Times in 185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
If you are a convicted terrorist you shouldn't just be deported back, you should be air dropped back into wherever the hell you, or your parents for that matter, came from. No parachute. I don't want those idiots running around Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
We should deport people have no clue what they are talking about or have no idea what's going on and just like to complain coz some media reported in a certain way to get attention.

If you are a terrorist you should be lock up and rot in jail. if you are a dual citizen terrorist we should deport your ass back to your home country and rot in jail.
You guys don't seem to understand what this is leading up to and what this rule means to your constitutional rights

Let's say your parents are from China and moved here and are naturalized Canadian citizens about 20 years ago

You were born in Canada, and you have never been to China, but you are Chinese by race and a Canadian citizen by birth.

Because of the vagueness of the wording of Bill C51, if you are convicted of terrorism, you CAN be deported to China, EVEN if you have never been to China and have absolutely no relation to China, and no relatives in China, etc

No one here is saying that terrorists are good people etc

What we are saying that Bill C51 can be unconstitutional because it is a HUGE stepping stone towards revoking your Canadian citizenship, even if you are Canadian by birth. That's INSANE
__________________
2006 IS350
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #337
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
jasonturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Van
Posts: 2,734
Thanked 6,668 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
You guys don't seem to understand what this is leading up to and what this rule means to your constitutional rights

Let's say your parents are from China and moved here and are naturalized Canadian citizens about 20 years ago

You were born in Canada, and you have never been to China, but you are Chinese by race and a Canadian citizen by birth.

Because of the vagueness of the wording of Bill C51, if you are convicted of terrorism, you CAN be deported to China, EVEN if you have never been to China and have absolutely no relation to China, and no relatives in China, etc

No one here is saying that terrorists are good people etc

What we are saying that Bill C51 can be unconstitutional because it is a HUGE stepping stone towards revoking your Canadian citizenship, even if you are Canadian by birth. That's INSANE
You don't seem to understand Bill C51.

I just read it, nowhere in the bill did it touch on deportation or a loss of citizenship as a result of convictions arising from the use of the bill. The bill increases the Gov. ability to obtain information and use that information against someone who is suspected of being involved with terrorism - the court process still exists, you can still be found not guilty etc.

Bill C24 on the other hand... would expand the scope of those subject to citizenship revocation to include all those born in Canada presumed able to claim citizenship in another state through one of their parents. It would also significantly expand the grounds on which citizenship may be revoked.

The revocation process will primarily be a paper one, where the Minister gives notice of intent to revoke, the person responds and a decision is made by the Minister. The Minister may hold a hearing in some instances, and in limited circumstances there will continue to be a hearing before a Federal Court judge. There is no longer any recourse to the Governor in Council, who may take into account equitable considerations after a finding that revocation is warranted due to a breach of the Act.

What would constitute a breach of the act?

Basically any criminal offence.

Having read the bill yes it seems as though there should probably be additional checks in place, most notable for me was a recommendation by the CBA that said;

- The CBA Section recommends that a citizen facing revocation always have the right to a hearing before an independent and impartial decision-maker.

This would prevent the minister from making decisions with any bias etc.

Do I think either bill is evil or unconstitutional, no I do not.

I think there is an assumption among some immigrants/children born of immigrants that the Gov will start deporting every single person that commits any criminal if they meet the criteria.

Personally, I think that's crazy, I suspect the full scope of this bill and the associated act will only be used to get rid of the "worst of the worst". Plus, once these cases start to hit the books, expect the first few to hit the supreme court which could very well result in amendments to the bill/act.

Stepping back for a moment though, many people try to suggest that this is the first steps towards us ending up like London in V for Vendetta... I don't see that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo
Follow me on Instagram @jasonturtle if you want to feel better about your life
jasonturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #338
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,416
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
WTF!!!!!!

A person I know went to a local coffee shop where the local con candidate we was going to be having a meet and greet at 3 P.M. Guess what he canceled. Now I check out his events section on his website and everything is gone. He has nothing listed anymore. Guys in hiding mode scared to talk to anyone waiting for the second coming of jesus. And that jesus part is not a joke.

Events | Mark MacDonald for Nanaimo-Ladysmith

Also found out he got his degree in theology from a non accredited school in Texas.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #339
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
carisear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: South Central V
Posts: 5,506
Thanked 509 Times in 204 Posts
to be fair, I would cancel my events if this was the type of quality person was going to ask me questions:

https://rjjago.xxxxxxx.com/2015/09/3...rom-questions/ (xxxxxx is wordpress -- removed so that it doesn't generate auto clicks)

"anti-native extremist" "racist" .. yeah buddy, keep posting on your blog about the white man keeping you down.
__________________
Visit my food blog! http://jaxandcs.com/

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #340
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,416
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
to be fair, I would cancel my events if this was the type of quality person was going to ask me questions:

https://rjjago.xxxxxxx.com/2015/09/3...rom-questions/ (xxxxxx is wordpress -- removed so that it doesn't generate auto clicks)

"anti-native extremist" "racist" .. yeah buddy, keep posting on your blog about the white man keeping you down.
Then don't run for office if you don't want to answer questions.
Also this guy was the former editor of the local paper.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #341
RS controls my life!
 
belka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Failberta
Posts: 745
Thanked 630 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
Because of the vagueness of the wording of Bill C51, if you are convicted of terrorism, you CAN be deported to China,
So if you are convicted of doing stupid shit like killing a mass of people, frankly I don't give a fuck where you end up as long as its not in Canada. The day you are convicted of terrorism is the day you lose your right to being a human, let alone a Canadian.

Smarten the fuck up.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #342
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
So if you are convicted of doing stupid shit like killing a mass of people, frankly I don't give a fuck where you end up as long as its not in Canada. The day you are convicted of terrorism is the day you lose your right to being a human, let alone a Canadian.

Smarten the fuck up.
This.

I mean fuck it if people are going to be so dumb about this, they can just scrap the deportation law, and just bring in the death penalty.

Balls in your court which one do you want?
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #343
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,421 Times in 3,973 Posts
The hidden agenda is to get a bunch of people talking about shit that will never effect them with polarizing views to keep them from discussing shit that matters like the environment and the economy.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #344
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
jasonturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Van
Posts: 2,734
Thanked 6,668 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The hidden agenda is to get a bunch of people talking about shit that will never effect them with polarizing views to keep them from discussing shit that matters like the environment and the economy.
Don't you feel a little CIC ish when you say things like that?

I don't think people taking a stand against the niqab negates their ability to consider other political matters.

All I ever see in the CBC comments is leftists bashing the cons for their "hidden agenda", the trouble with this "hidden agenda" is that it may or may not exist, we will never really know... I vote based on certainty, not on conspiracy and speculation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo
Follow me on Instagram @jasonturtle if you want to feel better about your life
jasonturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #345
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,421 Times in 3,973 Posts
Not in the fucking slightest.
People taking a stand about issues like a niqab doesn't mean they don't understand political issues, but if you have to see its pitting people against each other with completely irrational extreme views that is clouding their judgement on who can properly run a country because they feel so pointlessly passionate about something because their Facebook activism feed told them to.
The hidden agenda isn't that hidden. Would it help if I just called it an agenda? Because its obvious.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #346
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,416
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Why do people care so much about what people wear?
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #347
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,731
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Why do people care so much about what people wear?
Because all Muslims wear them, and all immigrants are refugees, and all refugees are Muslims, and all Muslims are terrorists, and they all want to come here and turn Canada into Syria, and that's the real reason, and if you don't agree with that then you're a fucking terrorist too.

#paranoia

Spoiler!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #348
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,416
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Check this B.S. out.

Cons want a tip line for barbaric cultural practices at the same time selling weapons to the Saudis. A country that does not even let women drive.

Sarcastic Twitter users report 'barbaric cultural practices' to Conservatives | CTV News
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #349
My homepage has been set to RS
 
falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,402
Thanked 900 Times in 387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
You guys don't seem to understand what this is leading up to and what this rule means to your constitutional rights

Let's say your parents are from China and moved here and are naturalized Canadian citizens about 20 years ago

You were born in Canada, and you have never been to China, but you are Chinese by race and a Canadian citizen by birth.

Because of the vagueness of the wording of Bill C51, if you are convicted of terrorism, you CAN be deported to China, EVEN if you have never been to China and have absolutely no relation to China, and no relatives in China, etc

No one here is saying that terrorists are good people etc

What we are saying that Bill C51 can be unconstitutional because it is a HUGE stepping stone towards revoking your Canadian citizenship, even if you are Canadian by birth. That's INSANE
NO you can't. A country can NOT deport someone unless they hold another citizenship.
__________________
FOR SALE: 14'' MR2 MK1 wheels with 90% rubber $130, FD RX7 Transmission $200, Hitch Mount Snowboard/Ski rack w/ THULE clamps, locks $200. PM me for details!

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #350
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
jasonturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Van
Posts: 2,734
Thanked 6,668 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Why do people care so much about what people wear?
Perhaps because people associate the niqab with a culture that severely oppresses women and is outright hateful to a number of other groups. (IE: Homosexuals)

I think the general issue is that people want foreigners to assimilate, they don't want to have to assimilate to the foreigners cultures.

Does that represent a racist/facist perspective? Perhaps, but I'm not sure it's really hurting anyone to establish a position of expectations that when you immigrate to Canada, you don't just immigrate here for the safety, jobs, health care, and education.. you immigrate here for the culture and way of life.

Again, the conservative hidden agenda is lost on me, if someone could spell it out, I would appreciate it.

I almost look forward to a scenario where the cons get punted and another party gets majority, then I can hear 80% of the current anti-cons bitching and complaining about the corrupt and ineffective NDP/LIBS etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but there is a reason why nobody ever speaks of previous governments with any nostalgia.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo
Follow me on Instagram @jasonturtle if you want to feel better about your life
jasonturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net