REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #201
I subscribe to Revscene

Let me enlighten many of the rat racers in this forum that Canada is ISIS, we helped create it and that is our national foreign policy.
To repeat, we as a country created terrorist to rape and murder their way to topple Assad which would obviously soften up an coup d'etat for the ZioAmerican empire.

Some wont believe this but the news has made Canadian national news outlets....
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70559...unds-isis.html
The Canadian government was caught red handed but publicly they have responded to such events as "national security" and have not acknowledged creating ISIS.

This is like accusing Tom Cruise of child pedophilia, and for him not to deny it... but say... no comment or that is a personal matter.

So with that established... I guess Canadians in this forum wouldnt mind paying atleast 10% of their paychecks for, 10-50 years, to compensate the country of Syria for importing terrorist into their country? Discuss.
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #202
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Let me enlighten many of the rat racers in this forum that Canada is ISIS, we helped create it and that is our national foreign policy.
so there will be zero attacks from them in canada because we helped create them?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #203
I subscribe to Revscene

Lower level members of ISIS who go "rogue", if you will, are the by products of the risk the empire takes in creating these groups. (Thats not to say this has actually happened as false flags have been the norm when it comes to terror attacks in the west.
Even the BBC confirms that the last Paris shooting with the police man shot in the head was faked. [Can track down the video clip on demand])

The NWO kills a million people in North America alone through long-term toxic products that it allows on the market... so a few hundred people here and there of a legitimate terrorist attack is a small price to pay for these overlord psychopaths.
Never forget 911.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #204
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
so apparently the plan to bring in these refugees will be $1.2 billion over the next six years. whata waste of money
Federal government estimates cost to bring in Syrian refugees will be $1.2 billion - NEWS 1130
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #205
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
so apparently the plan to bring in these refugees will be $1.2 billion over the next six years. whata waste of money
Federal government estimates cost to bring in Syrian refugees will be $1.2 billion - NEWS 1130
thats the suspected cost over 6 years which includes getting them to the point where they're supporting the economy, instead of taking from it... it also includes a security budget for screening/monitoring.
The expert that same article speaks to notes that the figure is "a 'drop in the bucket"
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #206
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
My in-laws were refugees from the Middle East. Their 3 children grew up to be a doctor, engineer, and marketing manager. All 3 are intelligent, good looking, and well-liked people.

They'll probably do more in life and for this country than you ever will.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #207
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
thats the suspected cost over 6 years which includes getting them to the point where they're supporting the economy, instead of taking from it... it also includes a security budget for screening/monitoring.
The expert that same article speaks to notes that the figure is "a 'drop in the bucket"
Lets just hope the people who did this budget aren't the same people who did the budget for the F-35.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
My in-laws were refugees from the Middle East. Their 3 children grew up to be a doctor, engineer, and marketing manager. All 3 are intelligent, good looking, and well-liked people.

They'll probably do more in life and for this country than you ever will.

the govt's job is to enact the will of the people, and the people have spoken

Here's a study done by the Centre for Immigration Studies
http://cis.org/High-Cost-of-Resettli...stern-Refugees
Quote:
As Americans continue to debate what to do about the humanitarian crisis in the Middle East, this analysis attempts to estimate the costs of resettling refugees from that region in the United States. Although we do not consider all costs, our best estimate is that in their first five years in the United States each refugee from the Middle East costs taxpayers $64,370 — 12 times what the UN estimates it costs to care for one refugee in neighboring Middle Eastern countries. The cost of resettlement includes heavy welfare use by Middle Eastern refugees; 91 percent receive food stamps and 68 percent receive cash assistance. Costs also include processing refugees, assistance given to new refugees, and aid to refugee-receiving communities. Given the high costs of resettling refugees in the United States, providing for them in neighboring countries in the Middle East may be a more cost-effective way to help them.

Among the findings of this analysis:

On average, each Middle Eastern refugee resettled in the United States costs an estimated $64,370 in the first five years, or $257,481 per household.

The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has requested $1,057 to care for each Syrian refugee annually in most countries neighboring Syria.

For what it costs to resettle one Middle Eastern refugee in the United States for five years, about 12 refugees can be helped in the Middle East for five years, or 61 refugees can be helped for one year.

UNHCR reports a gap of $2.5 billion in funding that it needs to care for approximately four million Syrians in neighboring countries.

The five-year cost of resettling about 39,000 Syrian refugees in the United States is enough to erase the current UNHCR funding gap.

The five-year costs of resettlement in the United States include $9,230 spent by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within HHS and the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) within the State Department in the first year, as well as $55,139 in expenditures on welfare and education.

Very heavy use of welfare programs by Middle Eastern refugees, and the fact that they have only 10.5 years of education on average, makes it likely that it will be many years, if ever, before this population will cease to be a net fiscal drain on public coffers — using more in public services than they pay in taxes.

It is worth adding that ORR often reports that most refugees are self-sufficient within five years. However, ORR defines "self-sufficiency" as not receiving cash welfare. A household is still considered "self-sufficient" even if it is using any number of non-cash programs such as food stamps, public housing, or Medicaid.

Refugees are admitted for humanitarian reasons, not because they are supposed to be self-sufficient, so the drain on public coffers that Middle Eastern refugees create is expected. However, given limited resources, the high cost of resettlement in the United States means careful consideration should be given to alternatives to resettlement if the goal is the help as many people possible.
of course what use are facts and statistics when one can just throw out accusations of racism and bigotry?

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 11-20-2015 at 08:51 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #209
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
http://hw-mobile.worldstarhiphop.com...=512000&rs=850

Video of how Isis originated
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #210
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Because the majority is always correct, yes?

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #211
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The NWO kills a million people...
Naggers With... Optimism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Because the majority is always correct, yes?
and...?

1938 was almost 80 years ago, people didn't want jewish refugees because people back then were racist as fuck.

people don't want syrian refugees here for very legit reasons, none of which is that they're syrian. they could be martian or venusian it wouldn't matter.

accusing anyone who doesn't support mass syrian refugee emigration of racism is simply
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #213
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Well, at least giving the Jews Israel worked out for everyone in the end
Old 11-20-2015, 10:06 AM   #214

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:

people don't want syrian refugees here for very legit reasons, none of which is that they're syrian. they could be martian or venusian it wouldn't matter.

accusing anyone who doesn't support mass syrian refugee emigration of racism is simply
I believe you stated in an earlier post your views about Islam. The majority of these refugees are Muslim (though of varying levels of devoutness).

Most of the stuff I'm seeing online - whether it's here, on social media, or news website - has little to do with the cost that these refugees pose. The opposition is mostly due to fear - fear of Muslims and fear of Arabs in general. If these people were white and Christian, no one would care.

If you're employed and raising a family, chances are you're not going to spend your spare time thinking about how to commit terrorist acts. The more of a stake you have in society, the less you will think about trying to destroy it. The terrorists in Paris were naturalized Europeans, but because of the racism and exclusion over there, they were susceptible to radicalisation. The problem is not religion or where these people come from - the problem is a failure of integration.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I believe you stated in an earlier post your views about Islam. The majority of these refugees are Muslim (though of varying levels of devoutness).

Most of the stuff I'm seeing online - whether it's here, on social media, or news website - has little to do with the cost that these refugees pose. The opposition is mostly due to fear - fear of Muslims and fear of Arabs in general. If these people were white and Christian, no one would care.

If you're employed and raising a family, chances are you're not going to spend your spare time thinking about how to commit terrorist acts. The more of a stake you have in society, the less you will think about trying to destroy it. The terrorists in Paris were naturalized Europeans, but because of the racism and exclusion over there, they were susceptible to radicalisation. The problem is not religion or where these people come from - the problem is a failure of integration.
i feel the same about islam as any other religion.

and that's one of the main arguments against the refugees. you can see that across europe alot of these immigrants are refusing to integrate into society.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #216

Thanked 2,906 Times in 753 Posts
somewhat indiscriminate I'd think with the current Russian 'carpet bombing' of Syria.

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #217
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:
i feel the same about islam as any other religion.

and that's one of the main arguments against the refugees. you can see that across europe alot of these immigrants are refusing to integrate into society.

That's are new defense minister. In France he would not been allowed to go to public school, become a police officer, join the military and become a big asset to the Canadian and American military and become the minister of deference because of his Turban.

In Canada refugee's and immigrants thrive. 1.3% of people in Canada speak Punjabi but 6% of the people in parliament speak Punjabi making it the 3rd largest language on the hill.

Punjabi now third language in the House | hilltimes.com

Check out the Lalji family from Ugandan refugees in the 70's to one of the richest family's in Canada worth billions and who employ thousands of people.

From Ugandan refugees to Ottawa's new landlord - The Globe and Mail

Refuges and immigrants have given back way more than they have taken.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #218

Thing is, we aren't talking about Punjabi Hindus or Sikhs, they will all be predominantly Muslim. Who, as far as I can tell are about the least tolerant of outside religions/cultures as anyone. (Insert Deep South Christian comments here)

Also to play devils advocate again, everyone is pointing to the terrorists as being French/Belgium nationals. Yea, however they are all first generation nationals. Every single one of them I've read about has parents who came from the same regions in question.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Thing is, we aren't talking about Punjabi Hindus or Sikhs, they will all be predominantly Muslim. Who, as far as I can tell are about the least tolerant of outside religions/cultures as anyone. (Insert Deep South Christian comments here)

Also to play devils advocate again, everyone is pointing to the terrorists as being French/Belgium nationals. Yea, however they are all first generation nationals. Every single one of them I've read about has parents who came from the same regions in question.
The Lalji family are Muslim.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #220

Yea, was speaking moreso in regards to public figures as in the defense minister

Lots of shady people have migrated to Canada and become ridiculously wealthy
Old 11-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #221
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:

Here's a study done by the Centre for Immigration Studies
The High Cost of Resettling Middle Eastern Refugees | Center for Immigration Studies

of course what use are facts and statistics when one can just throw out accusations of racism and bigotry?
it's true. You can't point out any of the destruction Islam causes without being called Islamophobic.

This was taken from one of the top comments on reddit today:

Pew Research (2013):
Only 57% of Muslims worldwide disapprove of al-Qaeda.
Only 51% disapprove of the Taliban.
13% support both groups and 1 in 4 refuse to say.
Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups | Pew Research Center
Wenzel Strategies (2012):
58% of Muslim-Americans believe criticism of Islam or Muhammad is not protected free speech under the First Amendment.
45% believe mockers of Islam should face criminal charges (38% said they should not).
12% of Muslim-Americans believe blaspheming Islam should be punishable by death.
43% of Muslim-Americans believe people of other faiths have no right to evangelize Muslims.
32% of Muslims in America believe that Sharia should be the supreme law of the land. Sixty Percent of US Muslims Reject Freedom of Expression | Dr. Andrew Bostom
ICM Poll:
40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK
20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers
Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph
Pew Research (2010):
82% of Egyptian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
70% of Jordanian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
42% of Indonesian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
82% of Pakistanis favor stoning adulterers
56% of Nigerian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah | Pew Research Center
Pew Global (2006)
68% of Palestinian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
43% of Nigerian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
38% of Lebanese Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
15% of Egyptian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
Zogby Poll: Most Americans Want Strengths and Weaknesses of Darwinism Taught In Schools
World Public Opinion (2009):
61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Feb09_rpt.pdf
NOP Research:
62% percent of British Muslims say freedom of speech shouldn't be protected
1 in 4 British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified
78% of British Muslims support punishing the publishers of Muhammad cartoons
Many British Muslims Put Islam First - CBS News
People Press Surveys:
31% of Turks support suicide attacks against Westerners in Iraq.
A Year After Iraq War | Pew Research Center
Belgian HLN:
16% of young Muslims in Belgium state terrorism is "acceptable".
Zestien procent moslimjongens vindt terrorisme aanvaardbaar - HLN.be
ICM Poll:
25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police.
http://www.icmresearch.co.uk/reviews...ms%20Nov04.asp
Pew Research (2007):
26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified (13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified (25% overall).
http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old...ns.pdf#page=60
Al-Jazeera (2006):
49.9% of Muslims polled support Osama bin Laden
Osama bin Laden - WikiIslam
Populus Poll (2006):
16% of British Muslims believe suicide attacks against Israelis are justified.
37% believe Jews in Britain are a "legitimate target".
http://www.populuslimited.com/pdf/2006_02_07_times.pdf
More Survey Research from a British Islamist Hell :: Daniel Pipes
GfK NOP:
28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state
http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/Sharia...eLawForAll.pdf
NOP Research:
68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam;
Many British Muslims Put Islam First - CBS News
MacDonald Laurier Institute:
62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada (15% say make it mandatory)
35% of Canadian Muslims would not repudiate al-Qaeda
Strong support for Shariah in Canada | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
Much good news and some worrying results in new study of Muslim public opinion in Canada | Macdonald-Laurier Institute
al-Arabiya:
36% of Arabs polled said the 9/11 attacks were morally justified; 38% disagreed;
26% Unsure
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...10/166274.html
Gallup:
38.6% of Muslims believe 9/11 attacks were justified (7% "fully", 6.5% "mostly", 23.1% "partially")
Just Like Us! Really? - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
Policy Exchange:
1 in 4 Muslims in the UK have never heard of the Holocaust;
Only 34% of British Muslims believe the Holocaust ever happened.
http://www.imaginate.uk.com/MCC01_SU...20Download.pdf
http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/Sharia...eLawForAll.pdf

Again, I'm in support of Canada taking in refugees, but there's too many people that are too extreme on one side of the argument (no, we should not take in any refugees, Yes, take them all in) and won't be open to discuss facts
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #222

Quote:
Yes they have.

Harper made a big deal out of the niqab thing in the election. Trudeau made the expedited admittance of the 25,000 one of his election promises.

Trudeau took a solid majority, and Harper slunk away with his tail between his legs.

Election results > opinion polls. Governments don't operate on opinion polls.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea, was speaking moreso in regards to public figures as in the defense minister

Lots of shady people have migrated to Canada and become ridiculously wealthy
Lots of shady Canadians have become ridiculously wealthy too. So whats your your point?
Old 11-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #224

Quote:

Only on the Simpsons.

Real governments don't work like that or we would have no taxes and the government would go broke.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
it's true. You can't point out any of the destruction Islam causes without being called Islamophobic.
How about just pointing out the destruction RADICALISM causes, rather than blaming it on a specific belief system?
Quote: