REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Electric and Hybrid Car Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706431-electric-hybrid-car-thread.html)

AstulzerRZD 02-05-2024 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 9125095)
I fucking love my Windows Phone! :fuckyea:

I'll take a Windows phone for $7k below MRSP + $7.5k ev credit too

TypeRNammer 02-06-2024 05:43 PM

Model Y Performance price dropped down to $69,990 making eligible for both provincial and federal rebate.

Waiting on transport Canada to update the vehicle list.

dark0821 02-06-2024 06:03 PM

^ Whao my god..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

$72K out the door including all fees and taxes for something 0-100 in 3.7 Seconds.... damn... god that is inticing....

Traum 02-06-2024 06:59 PM

In your case, Dark, you should totally bring your not-too-reliable TM3 back to Tesla, and make them give you a good trade value on it for a new TMY Performance.

bcrdukes 02-06-2024 07:36 PM

I think his Tesla has spent more time at Tesla than on the road.

dark0821 02-06-2024 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9125303)
In your case, Dark, you should totally bring your not-too-reliable TM3 back to Tesla, and make them give you a good trade value on it for a new TMY Performance.

If there is one thing Tesla is known for, and that is to hose you on trades lolol...

I am actually not in the right position... i am at the worse time for depreciation, will not be suprised if I am probably 20K under right.... you think my car is probably a 35K car private, maybe 40K if I waited for the right buyer, I spend 55K on it

Model 3
RWD
20,000KM
Had it for 14 months

So putting the 20K into the Model Y would be like... buying the Model Y Performance at full price when it was 90K out the door LOL... when probably a new one is coming by year end....

Alpine 02-06-2024 10:46 PM

Damn. And I know people who just paid about 60k out the door for a rav4 limited hybrid and another that spent 60k + out the door for a bz4x …

TypeRNammer 02-07-2024 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark0821 (Post 9125299)
^ Whao my god..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

$72K out the door including all fees and taxes for something 0-100 in 3.7 Seconds.... damn... god that is inticing....

The proposition is pretty enticing. If this price drop happened back in December, I would have considered the performance model.

With all these price cuts, I think Tesla is just clearing out inventory and trying to get market share. And also prepping it for the Model Y refresh which I'm looking forward to.

whitev70r 02-07-2024 08:51 AM

^ I'm starting to wonder if the product itself is not the main thing anymore. Sell it at cost even, it's the 'subscription', service, charging infrastructure. Kind of like phones.

Traum 02-07-2024 09:01 AM

I agree that Tesla is trying hard to maintain its market share, but ultimately, why bother chasing market share when the more important goal is profitability?

Tesla's current market dominance is a result of it being a (successful) first mover in the EV space. As EVs aren't exactly a revolutionary product that would rapidly displace the previous gen products -- ie. ICE vehicles, other manufacturers are bound to catch up and gain market share (at Tesla's expense). So what's the point of discounting your products so hard to maintain that market share dominance?

Badhobz 02-07-2024 09:21 AM

anyone look at a lucid? they seem a bit expensive and i don't know anyone who has one.

There's a boutique downtown i should go visit and listen to what they have to say.

hud 91gt 02-07-2024 09:57 AM

Every Tesla owner is a Beta tester. One that paid to be a tester. The more market share he has, the quicker and more advanced he can develop. Once he owns the market, he can make as much money as he so desires. My simple opinion atleast. EVs are where the world is going. Being a big dog in the biggest movement will have drastic leverage for all sorts of things like government policy’s etc. Making profits now is pretty short term thinking… I would think??? That’s like shareholder mentality. lol.

JDMDreams 02-07-2024 09:58 AM

I want a lucid

noclue 02-07-2024 11:28 AM

Tesla's are pretty developed these days aside from their shitty vision system for windshield wipers or parking. The only beta tester is if you are a fool to buy the FSD

GLOW 02-07-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9125350)
^ I'm starting to wonder if the product itself is not the main thing anymore. Sell it at cost even, it's the 'subscription', service, charging infrastructure. Kind of like phones.

that would remind me of like when i buy a nespresso machine for $30 but i have to buy $300 worth of pods to get that deal, but now i'm a nespresso user for the life of the machine.

Manic! 02-07-2024 12:23 PM

Who would of ever thought a KIA could beat a Ferrari?

68style 02-07-2024 12:37 PM

I mean they were already beating any Ferrari in value for money!!!! Amiright? :badpokerface:

I will say the Kia version of this car is SLIGHTLY better looking than the Hyundai hunk of shit:

https://www.hyundaicanada.com/-/medi...E8330E62B26A4B

PUKE

I saw a dude sitting in one of these at the chargers by Superstore in Richmond the other day and I made sure he saw me and then I pointed at his car, made a show of doubling over laughing and walked away shaking my head. I feel like he deserved it for poor choices.

Dbone 02-07-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9125358)
anyone look at a lucid? they seem a bit expensive and i don't know anyone who has one.

There's a boutique downtown i should go visit and listen to what they have to say.

Lucid seems amazing. Savage Geese did a deep dive on them and wow. They have a lot of talent on the design and battery team.

They are majority owned by the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. So.. I guess there's that to consider.

bcrdukes 02-07-2024 01:23 PM

Doesn't RabbidRat have a Lucid?

68style 02-07-2024 01:38 PM

Lucid has had a posting for a vehicle fleet manager on LinkedIn for like a year now lol... seem like cool people from a multitude of sources, but that company is a poorly timed fart away from bankruptcy at any given moment.

They need a SUV.

EvoFire 02-07-2024 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9125387)
Who would of ever thought a KIA could beat a Ferrari?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtR1HaJ8HfY

Yeah but then you'll be driving a Kia, and a Kia EV at that.....

Manic! 02-07-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoFire (Post 9125412)
Yeah but then you'll be driving a Kia, and a Kia EV at that.....

and Brian was just driving a Toyota.

Hehe 02-07-2024 02:45 PM

Lucid has some very cool tech under the hood.

But the problem is that the company is poorly managed. I'm not sure I want to drop 6 figures on something that might go out of business.

As for Kia vs. Ferrari... it's no comparison. EV has so much torque driving down to the ground and 0 transmission shift. Even Ferrari has recently shown having a Model S Plaid for benchmarking at the Maranello HQ.

The current fastest Ferrari, SF90 Stradale is a hair slower than Model S Plaid even by mating the twin-turbo V8 with 3 electrical motors. My expectation is that Ferrari is going to go with bigger electrical motors (for acceleration) and an F1-inspired turbo V6 (final speed) for their next flagship model. That's the only way to have a remote chance to match the fastest EVs on the market right now.

Badhobz 02-07-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9125388)
I saw a dude sitting in one of these at the chargers by Superstore in Richmond the other day and I made sure he saw me and then I pointed at his car, made a show of doubling over laughing and walked away shaking my head. I feel like he deserved it for poor choices.

FeelsGoodMan thats great FeelsGoodMan

pretty sure this how white guys get stabbed in richmond though

68style 02-07-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9125413)
and Brian was just driving a Toyota.

The Supra was already a legendary car in 2001

In what time continuum is a Kia EV ever going to be legendary lol