REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #676
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I’m at the Tesla dealer today as a friend is picking his model 3.

They just announced today that bc incentives are cut from 5000 to 3000. But the place is a complete zoo. Probably 100ppl waiting for delivery.

Last time it was early in the morning so I didn’t see so much crowd. But it’s insane the lines here. Almost like a new iPhone selling on day 1. But for a car that’s over 50k. Nuts
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2019, 10:50 PM   #677
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,392 Times in 5,087 Posts
^Lots of people “saving money”
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #678
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I’m at the Tesla dealer today as a friend is picking his model 3.

They just announced today that bc incentives are cut from 5000 to 3000. But the place is a complete zoo. Probably 100ppl waiting for delivery.

Last time it was early in the morning so I didn’t see so much crowd. But it’s insane the lines here. Almost like a new iPhone selling on day 1. But for a car that’s over 50k. Nuts
Did your friend get the old amount?
My friend ordered a 3 and they finally had her car ready yesterday, unfortunately same day they cut the incentive. She couldn't get the old incentive amount Eve though she ordered weeks ago.
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #679
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Ugh your friend should talk to tesla cuz they obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Vehicles that were bought or reserved during the previous incentive programs will still qualify for the higher rebates.
G0rilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:38 PM   #680
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
was curious so optioned out an model Y AWD (450 km) white interior red paint and base everything else...77k before incentives

can't believe the only alternative is the Kona...Toyobaru's FoRAVster EV please save our souls
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:38 PM   #681
I don't get it

I wanted to get the Model Y and I just sold my gas guzzling Chevy Crewcab. None of the Kona's or Hyundai's interest me. What to buy?

Last edited by sleepywheel; 06-23-2019 at 10:44 PM.
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:05 AM   #682
Need to Seek Professional Help

A cheap, used fuel efficient car until the Y comes out.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #683
I don't get it

Got this in an email from Tesla.

CEVforBC Rebates Changes:

As of June 22, 2019, the CEVforBC rebate is $3,000 for Model 3 Standard Range and Standard Range Plus
Individuals can only receive one CEVforBC incentive over the life of the new program
If your order was placed before June 22, 2019, old program rules apply ($5,000 on Model 3 SR, SR+, LR RWD, LR AWD)
All rebates are applied at time of delivery, should funds and program be available
Tesla is unable to reserve funds as your VIN is not finalized until delivery
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:15 AM   #684

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Performance model seems to be cheaper in Hong Kong than in the States. Tesla Hong Kong even offers free charger installation which cost like 3K. I couldn't believe I ordered the performance rather than the cheaper AWD model.

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2019, 09:10 AM   #685

not bad, but US has better infrastructure
Old 07-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #686
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i have no clue why telsa supercharge stations are laying on their ass here compared to USA.

Telus is sitting up their own charge stations in different area's of BC to get in on the $$$
Old 07-16-2019, 10:12 PM   #687

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
geeez...white is standard colour, which is nice. Performance model is at USD54K and it comes performance option standard.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #688
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
LOL~

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/15/tesl...l-3-goals.html

- Tesla produced a record 72,531 Model 3 electric sedans in the second quarter of 2019.
- Employees in the open-air GA4 “tent,” which is not fully automated, tell CNBC they were pressured to take shortcuts to hit goals — reducing vehicle testing for water leaks and using electrical tape on plastic housings to make quick fixes during Model 3 assembly.
- Employees in the tent say they have also had to work through harsh weather and unhealthy air quality.

A photograph sent by a Tesla employee showing how electrical tape was used during Model 3 assembly.

Tesla workers said they sometimes skipped installation of certain bolts, nuts or lugs in a rush to hit their Model 3 production goals.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #689
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

ZF's designing a 2 speed transmission for electric cars...

https://jalopnik.com/heres-zfs-new-t...ars-1836428183

Quote:
Pretty much all mainstream electric cars integrate their electric motors with single-speed, often 10:1-ish gear reductions, mostly because it’s cheap and easy, and it works. But now, the German transmission company that changed the industry with the now-ubiquitous eight-speed automatic is showing off an electric drive unit with multiple speeds. Two, to be exact.

In its press release, ZF refers to its new contraption as a “2-speed electric drive.” Like a Tesla drive unit, it integrates an electric motor with power electronics and a gear reduction all in a single unit, except instead of a single-speed reduction as is common among EV manufacturers (EV supercar maker Rimac does offer multiple speeds, and so do some Formula E cars), there are two ratios.

ZF claims the new unit, can provide “up to” a 5 percent increase in range when compared to a single-speed unit, though the transmission manufacturer doesn’t go into detail on that figure, though it does stress the “integrated” nature of the setup as key to improvements energy conversion efficiency.

Perhaps more importantly, the two-stage shift element should allow for an automaker to better trade off acceleration and top speed. From ZF’s press release:

The 2-speed concept offers benefits for OEMs who are pursuing performance. “Until now, with electric motors, vehicle manufacturers have had to choose between high initial torque and a high top speed”, explains Hellwig. “We are now resolving this conflict and the new drive will be compatible for performance and heavier vehicles – for example for passenger cars towing a trailer.”

ZF mentions both a 140 kW as well as a 250 kW unit, saying the modular nature of the two-speed e-drive allows it to be “fine-tuned and scaled up.” As for the shift strategy, ZF has some pretty unconventional ideas. From its press release:

Shifts take place at 70 km/h. By connecting to the vehicle’s CAN communication it is also possible – if the customer so wishes – to devise other shift strategies, possibly linked to digital map material and GPS. For example, the vehicle could identify from the GPS route programming how far it is to the next charging station, enabling it to respond predictively by switching into Eco-mode. More effective shifts would also be possible in accounting for topography on the interstate, and on inter-city journeys. The software in the drive can also be updated thanks to the network link to Cloud services via over-the-air updates.

It’s an interesting setup, and I’m curious to see if any mainstream automakers will think it’s worth the cost, since single-speed units seem to do just fine, as electric motors have ample low-end torque, high enough revs, and good enough efficiency across the power band to make do with just one gear ratio. You can learn more about why most EVs use a single gear in Engineering Explained’s YouTube video below:
Old 07-16-2019, 11:10 PM   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Tesla workers said they sometimes skipped installation of certain bolts, nuts or lugs in a rush to hit their Model 3 production goals.
crap build quality as a result of rushed production has been beaten to death here, but owners claim it's only the very launch vehicles in 2017

but credit where due, if you look back enough pages i said the 35k usd base model wouldn't ship in Canada until 2019 given Model X's track record...at least they delivered on that promise

where i was wrong was predicting there would be other affordable equivalents by then like Honda Civic etc.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #691
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
For the folks that ordered their Tesla's, did you guys opt for the full self driving option?

Price seems pretty steep and it only going to get higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #692
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
For the folks that ordered their Tesla's, did you guys opt for the full self driving option?

No. I don't do very much highway driving so I opted to not get FSD or AP.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #693
I don't get it

Quote:

Both a friend and I bought the M3 and neither wanted the option. We figured that we would be trading them in when the warranty was getting near the expiry date and by then there would be big changes in the newer cars and most likely the option would be included.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #694
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:

Get it after delivery in the Tesla account unless you plan to finance the FSD.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:18 AM   #695
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
Come on Toyota!!! Bring me a model s competitor already. Or a corolla ev.

I ain't buying some shit held together with electrical tape/missing bolts/ and has misaligned doors.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Get it after delivery in the Tesla account unless you plan to finance the FSD.
Another good reason to get these after purchase is you don't have to pay the additional luxury tax on them that way.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #697
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
Forbes: A Tesla Accelerator Pedal Snapped Off While Driving—This Isn't The First Time It's Happened.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lianeyv...-its-happened/
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #698

i remember snapped pedals was a thing for the Evo X, then again it was based on a $16k economy car, not a fucking $100k luxury "SUV"
Old 08-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #699
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
should've bought the part from mercedes

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #700