REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:32 AM   #526
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
^But when we help the rich, we help everyone through trickle-down economics.
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2017, 02:27 PM   #527
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Time will tell, but if the NDP were in power the last two terms, we'd be in deeper shit than we are now. Also, i think the future generations are screwed no matter where you are. The real estate market cannot be controlled. You have a place that is very attractive where supply and demand drives prices up or down. What are you going to regulate or control? I don't think the NDP has what it takes to be better at it than the Liberals.

Also, money talks, bullshit walks. The rich always come out on top. Sad, but..............

Also, my comment on children and grandchildren was referring to projects that will drive the economy and promote economic growth (jobs, whathaveyou). I don't think the NDP has ever had that as their agenda. So, let's help the average Joe - the workers and the middle class. Without supporting the people who have businesses, the workers have no jobs. Businesses have left places where governments try to regulate and control. There are plenty of other jurisdictions that will offer tax breaks to attract businesses.

EDIT: Political parties need support to get in, and stay in, power. This all goes back to politicians and their reasons for being in politics in the first place. Look out for number one.

Last edited by MG1; 07-31-2017 at 04:25 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:54 PM   #528
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I hope I'm wrong with not having much confidence in the NDP. Perhaps they'll find that fine line between the workforce and business. Finding ways to promote people and companies to invest in the province without ruining what we have. Maybe Horgan has what it takes. Like I said, only time will tell. For all we know things might "implode."

Anyway, 'How about those Canucks, eh?"
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #529
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post

So when I hear "what's best for the province" it makes me a bit ticked off that liberals had the audacity to let things get the way it did and will now point a finger at the NDP telling them they'll ruin the province. Put your people first before helping out of country people who've money to throw around. The rich are rich, they don't need the help right now. The poor and middle class are in desperate need of help.
NDP will give everyone union positions and redistribute the wealth of the province.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:50 AM   #530
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
So a Liberal candidate (Darryl Plecas, Abbotsford South) put his name up for the House Speaker position. Easiest position to 'apply' for. Opportunist, traitor, or someone who puts the Province first?

From CBC News:
Moments before Plecas' name was read in the legislative chamber as the only candidate, the B.C. Liberals sent a statement to the media.

"Every member of the Legislative Assembly has the right to run for the position of Speaker. And every member has an obligation to conduct themselves in a fashion that honours their position as an elected representative," read the statement.

"On several occasions, Mr. Plecas has made clear to me and the BC Liberal Caucus that he would not seek the Office of Speaker. We took him at his word and believed that he would stand by his commitment.

"We are disappointed in his decision."

From Vancouver Sun
In June, Plecas told The Province he’d been approached by the NDP to become Speaker and wouldn’t do it without the support of his Liberal caucus. “The notion of us (the Liberals) putting up someone for Speaker under the current circumstances is ridiculous,” Plecas told columnist Mike Smyth at the time. “In fact, I would go further to say that it would be an outright manipulation of the democratic process.”

He also told the Abbottsford News at the time such a move would have been disrespectful.

“It would not be appropriate for us to be propping up an NDP/Green alliance to stay in power,” he told the paper.$“I was elected as a Liberal. It would be very disrespectful of me, very dishonourable, for me to – what … would in effect be crossing the floor.”
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #531
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
LOL~ Love it when opportunistic politicians go back on their word, and getting called out for it.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #532
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
That's some GoT shit right there haha

"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #533
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
So, it doesn't look like the NDP/Green coalition will be bringing in any heavy-handed, immediate impact policies to tame the housing market.

The promise to close fixed term lease loopholes may help those on the margins, or those rent-and-invest types, but for the vast majority who actually want to own a home, I don't think there's much on the horizon from the provincial perspective.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #534
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
lol all I see from Horgan's speech is spend, spend and more spending but didn't mention how or where the money comes from.

In the end tax will be increase one way or another and we will have to foot the bill or he will borrow more debt which again we will have to pay for it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #535
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
So, it doesn't look like the NDP/Green coalition will be bringing in any heavy-handed, immediate impact policies to tame the housing market.
It shows that at least they have at least two brain cells functional enough to realize that tanking the market would be tanking thousands of constituents' net worth and possibly the economy and would probably get them booted back to post fast ferry fiasco levels upon the next election.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote