REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-04-2020, 05:42 AM   #651
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Ive always gotten 1 mill liability.
Its impossible to extract money from icbc now
So why go 2, 3, 5 mill?
Advertisement
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #652
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,725 Times in 3,141 Posts
Cuz if you hit my ass and I get fucked up, I’m pretty sure my expenses (and thus you’ll be liable) will be wayyy more than a million bucks.

You’re just playing the odds here man. If you hit a van full of people or even two moderately high income individuals and say they can’t work for a few years, you’ll be screwed.

Pain and suffering is capped now. But future loss of income as far as I know isn’t.

What’s the extra few million anyways ? 100-200 bucks a year ? Pennies for piece of mind. I always get 5 million.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #653

Class action suit against ICBC and the government.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...suit-1.5483879
Old 03-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #654
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Weren't governments taking money out of optional insurance? And wasn't that always allowed?

I can't help but wonder if this is payback for cutting out the lawyers.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #655
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
I'm surprised that out of all the possible potential plaintiffs, they went with a 70 year old male.

While it is true that the average Canadian man lives to 80+, wouldn't the lawsuit just fall apart if the plantiff dies? Of course I am not wishing anything on the 70 year old, but statistically speaking, this adds an unnecessary risk, and this type of lawsuit will probably take years to duke it out in court.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #656
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Cuz if you hit my ass and I get fucked up, I’m pretty sure my expenses (and thus you’ll be liable) will be wayyy more than a million bucks.

You’re just playing the odds here man. If you hit a van full of people or even two moderately high income individuals and say they can’t work for a few years, you’ll be screwed.

Pain and suffering is capped now. But future loss of income as far as I know isn’t.

What’s the extra few million anyways ? 100-200 bucks a year ? Pennies for piece of mind. I always get 5 million.
get 2-ch dash cam and drive safely...i'm not saying to just get basic coverage but if i cause an at-fault accident that can prevent someone else from walking/working again then i don't deserve to be on the road
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2020, 11:58 PM   #657

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
get 2-ch dash cam and drive safely...i'm not saying to just get basic coverage but if i cause an at-fault accident that can prevent someone else from walking/working again then i don't deserve to be on the road
I don't get why so many modern cars have 360 view and yet don't allow owner to record footage off them.

Over the years, I've probably dumped easily 2000+ on dashcams. Only to have 2 breakins with 3 camera stolen. The current one on family van is just one from my dad as he went from 2cars to 1. 0 footage ever used, except a hot chick crossing the street and my buddy in pax seat asked me to download the vid.

Every manufacturer should take a note from Tesla. Their 360 cam record all the time and the car basically has a black box built into.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:58 AM   #658
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Nothing is free.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #659
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
So you’re one of those people.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #660

Go talk to some of the longshore who works in our ports. They pull in over 350k a year or some of the old foremens who can do almost 500k. Hit them and see what happens. Same with management... 1 million bucks isn’t going to cover you if you seriously hurt these guys. It doesn’t take much to get off for MVA 6 months to a year or more.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #661

What if you run over Jeff Bezos?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #662
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Just curious, has anyone added their parents onto their policy and get cheaper rates? Since they are "safer" drivers? Or will it push your rate up since you're adding another driver?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Just curious, has anyone added their parents onto their policy and get cheaper rates? Since they are "safer" drivers? Or will it push your rate up since you're adding another driver?
I did, saved 50 bucks.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #664

Thanked 3,240 Times in 1,225 Posts
That has to be the weirdest part of the new ICBC rules. You can add someone you know will never drive your car and save money if their record is spotless, even though you could still a be shitty driver yourself lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 06:20 PM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
That has to be the weirdest part of the new ICBC rules. You can add someone you know will never drive your car and save money if their record is spotless, even though you could still a be shitty driver yourself lol
Yea but if you get into an accident, doesn't it effect their rates?
-Norm Franz
Old 03-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Yea but if you get into an accident, doesn't it effect their rates?
I don't think so, it's not their car and they weren't driving.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #667
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Every single one of my friends who still lives at home with a bunch of tickets added their moms and end up paying less than me. Bull
Old 03-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #668

Quote:
That's not how it works. The logic is if the driver you added has more diving experience than you, and will from time to time use you car, that means you (the less experienced) will not drive it as much, therefore the risk of claim is lower.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:02 PM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
That's not how it works. The logic is if the driver you added has more diving experience than you, and will from time to time use you car, that means you (the less experienced) will not drive it as much, therefore the risk of claim is lower.
But who actually regulates that? If you add someone with more driving experience are you limited to how much you can drive your car now per month now? Do you need proof they actually drive your car?
Old 03-05-2020, 07:05 PM   #670

Quote:
But who actually regulates that? If you add someone with more driving experience are you limited to how much you can drive your car now per month now? Do you need proof they actually drive your car?
Well no one, but no one can regulate anything really just like how you can lie on the sale price of the craigslist car you bought, or insuring a car for your kids under your name but they're the primary driver. Technically it's insurance fraud but that's the logic behind it.

There is no min in their outline of how much they have to drive the car, so you can technically have them roll down the block and you've covered your bases. Technically.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #671

Quote:
Well no one, but no one can regulate anything really just like how you can lie on the sale price of the craigslist car you bought, or insuring a car for your kids under your name but they're the primary driver. Technically it's insurance fraud but that's the logic behind it.

There is no min in their outline of how much they have to drive the car, so you can technically have them roll down the block and you've covered your bases.
Which was basically my point, it's a loophole to save money. For someone like me who will be the only person driving my truck, it makes sense to put the most experienced driver I know as a driver on my insurance and pay less with no repercussions.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #672

Quote:
Which was basically my point, it's a loophole to save money. For someone like me who will be the only person driving my truck, it makes sense to put the most experienced driver I know as a driver on my insurance and pay less with no repercussions.
That's just called lying and insurance fraud, not a loophole.

You can get a collector plated car and drive it to work everyday, that's not a loophole either.

We're talking about saving 30-50 dollars here, not thousands or even hundreds.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #673

Quote:
That's just called lying and insurance fraud, not a loophole.
Fraud how? Does it say anywhere that they MUST drive the car a certain amount? Or is it just that it's possible they will use it? Anything is possible.

It's a retarded rule to begin with,. If I drive my car everyday and then once a month my grandma takes it to bingo for an hour, is my risk really less and deserving of a lower rate?

It's a rule that begs to be taken advantage of and I definitely will and not feel guilty at all. I'll wait for the deep investigation when I get into an accident in my own car that I'm allowed to drive as much as I want. All that fraud going on lol.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:42 PM   #674

The part where you admitted you would be the only person driving the car but you're going to add a driver anyways for the discount?

For someone like me who will be the only person driving my truck, it makes sense to put the most experienced driver I know as a driver on my insurance and pay less with no repercussions.

I don't give a rats ass if you want to add Bernie Sanders and and Louis Hamilton as your 2nd driver, I'm just explaining how it works and the logic behind it.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:48 PM   #675

To reduce your premiums by listing another driver, they have to be part of your household, or an employee.
Not just an acquaintance.
-Norm Franz